Mars Chocolate North America – Candy Bowl Game – Win a grand prize of 2 tickets to the 2017 season NFL OR thousands minor prizes
MARS CHOCOLATE NORTH AMERICA LLC “CANDY BOWL” GAME & SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS GAME BEGINS AT NOON ET ON DECEMBER 12, 2016 AND ENDS AT 11:59:59 A.M. ET ON FEBRUARY 27, 2017.
1. WHO CAN PARTICIPATE (ELIGIBILITY): This “Candy Bowl” Game & Sweepstakes (“Game”) is open to individual legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and Washington, D.C. who are age 13 or older as of date of participation. Employees (and their immediate families and members of the same household) of Sponsor (defined in Rule 11 below), Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company, NFL Entities (as defined below) and their affiliates, advertising agencies and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, employees, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates and agents officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”) are not eligible.
2. HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GAME: During each calendar day (Eastern Time (“ET”)) beginning at Noon ET on December 12, 2016 and ending at 11:59:59 a.m. ET on February 27, 2017 (the “Game Period”), play the Game by text message or website as described below.
Text Message: Send a text message to short code 87654 containing either (i) the key words
(ii) a photo of a SNICKERS® Brand, SKITTLES® Brand, M&M’S® Brand, TWIX® Brand, MILK WAY® Brand, 3 MUSKETEERS® Brand or STARBURST® Brand package (“Photo”).
Then, follow the instructions in the reply text messages. EACH TIME YOU PLAY THE GAME BY TEXT MESSAGE, YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SEND AT LEAST FOUR (4) TEXT MESSAGES. MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY. If you are the first person to play the Game on or after the predetermined time and date for the most recent winning Game message made available, you will receive a text message that includes the phrase “You Won” and a six (6)-character code (“Winner Code”). To opt-out or stop receiving text messages about the Game, send “SNK STOP” to 87654 and for help, send “SNK HELP” to 87654.
To claim your prize, you must enter your mobile telephone number and Winner Code at candybowl.mars.com/redemption by 11:59:59 am ET February 27, 2017. Winner Code redemption is subject to compliance with these Official Rules.
You must have a wireless mobile device that is capable of two-way SMS or MMS messaging through participating mobile service providers. By playing, you represent that you are the owner of (or have permission to use) the mobile telephone number and mobile device that you use to participate. You also agree to receive text messages about this Game and understand that you are solely responsible for all message and data charges that you incur. All charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider; please contact your participating mobile service provider for pricing, participation and other details.
SNK, TEAMSNICKERS, TEAM SNICKERS, TEAMSKITTLES,
TEAMSKITTLES, SKITTLES or SNICKERS
Text message services for the Game are provided on an “as is” basis, may not be available in all areas at all times and may be affected by product, software, coverage or service changes made by your mobile service provider or otherwise. Text messages are sent to you from an automated system. Consent to receive text messages is not a condition of purchase for any product or service.
Website: Visit candybowl.mars.com (the “Game Website”) and follow the on-screen instructions to select the TEAM SNICKERS button or TEAM SKITTLES button. (You also have the option to upload a Photo (described above). If you are the first person to participate on or after the predetermined date and time for the most recent winning Game message made available, you will receive an on-screen message that includes the word “Congratulations” and you win the prize indicated, subject to verification of compliance with these Official Rules. The entrant is the natural person assigned the email address used to participate by the entity that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such person’s email address.
ENTRY LIMIT: ONE (1) GAME PLAY PER EMAIL ADDRESS PER CALENDAR DAY, REGARDLESS OF PARTICIPATION METHOD. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify all Game plays and Sweepstakes entries associated with any participant who attempts to circumvent the entry limit and to declare any prize forfeited.
3. PHOTO SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: If you submit a Photo, you represent that: the Photo is your original work and was not previously published;
you have the unrestricted right to create and submit the Photo and to grant the
rights to Sponsor set forth in these Official Rules; and
your Photo does not:
o include any business names or logos, brand names, characters or slogans other than those relating to the SNICKERS® or SKITTLES® brands;
o infringe, misappropriate or violate any third party’s copyright, trademark, patent, literary, trade secret, privacy, publicity, proprietary or other right;
o disparage or make unsubstantiated claims about any third party or its products or services; or
By submitting a Photo, you understand and agree that:
You grant to Sponsor and its designees a worldwide, non-exclusive, sub- licensable (through multiple tiers), transferable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right to use, reproduce, distribute (through multiple tiers), modify, enhance, create derivative works of, publicly perform, publicly display, digitally perform, make, have made, sell, offer for sale, export and import your Photo (including your name, likeness, voice, biographical information and other elements of your identity, if and to the extent identified in your Photo) in any media now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without further approval by or payment to you;
Sponsor or an affiliate is the sole and exclusive owner of all right, title and interest in and to all logos, brand names, characters and slogans relating to the SNICKERS® brand, SKITTLES® brand and other products of Sponsor, along with all goodwill associated therewith (collectively, the “Brand Intellectual Property”) and that nothing in these Official Rules constitutes authorization for
use of the Brand Intellectual Property for any purpose other than submission of a
has the right to post on or remove any Photo from the Game Website at
4. PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information submitted in connection with this Game
is governed by the Mars Privacy Statement.
5. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY & WINNER SELECTION: Each time you participate in the Game, you automatically receive one (1) entry into the sweepstakes drawing (the “Sweepstakes”) for the Sweepstakes Grand Prize (described in Rule 6). The Sweepstakes Grand Prize winner will be selected under the supervision of Sponsor’s independent representative on or about March 13, 2017 from among all eligible Sweepstakes entries received. Sweepstakes Grand Prize winner will be notified by telephone, mail and/or email.
6. PRIZES AND ODDS: ONE (1) SWEEPSTAKES GRAND PRIZE: one (1) pair of tickets to the 2017 season regular-season home games of a NFL team selected by winner (seating is selected by Sponsor and subject to availability and all applicable ticket, venue and other applicable terms and restrictions); Approximate Retail Value (ARV): $5,000. GAME PRIZES: Five Hundred (500) First Prizes: each, choice of a TEAM SNICKERS® Brand or Team SKITTLES® Brand T-Shirt (size Large); ARV: $10.00 each. Fifty Thousand (50,000) Total Second Prizes: (25,000) prizes of a coupon redeemable for one SNICKERS®, M&M’S®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY® or 3 MUSKETEERS® Brand Singles Product (1.34 oz.-1.92 oz.) ARV: $1.49 each, and (25,000) prizes of a SKITTLES® Bite Size Candies or STARBURST® Fruit Chews (1.80 oz. – 2.17 oz.) ARV: $1.89 each. Coupons will be awarded randomly to winners at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Total ARV of All Prizes: $94,500. All applicable taxes, fees and other expenses not expressly described in these Official Rules (such as transportation to football games) are the responsibility solely of the winners. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value but no other substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted. Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery and is not responsible for prize utility to any winner. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE FROM SPONSOR. Sponsor is obligated to award only the prizes stated above. If the number of prize claims for any prize level is greater than the number of prizes stated above for such prize level, winners for the stated number of prizes will be selected in a random drawing from among all verified prize claims received for such prize level. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Odds of winning a prize in the Game depend on the number of participants and the date and time of participation; odds of winning the Sweepstakes Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries. PRIZE LIMIT: FIVE (5) GAME PRIZES PER HOUSEHOLD DURING THE GAME PERIOD. Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name, address, likeness and/or prize information for promotional purposes (including the winners list) in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law. Any use of a minor’s name, address, likeness and/or prize information is subject to prior approval of his or her parent or legal guardian.
7. VERIFICATION OF WINNERS & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Sweepstakes Grand Prize winner is (and each other winners may be) required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and, where permitted, publicity release. A prize may be awarded to an alternate if original winner does not respond within the timeframe specified in an email or voicemail notification; if a prize or prize notification letter or email is returned as
undeliverable; or if an affidavit/release is not returned within ten (10) days after delivery to winner. Game Prizes will be sent to winners within approximately eight (8) weeks after the date of Winner Code redemption.
8. GENERAL: This Game is void outside the 48 United States and Washington, D.C. and where prohibited or restricted. This Game is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is governed by the internal laws of the State of Delaware. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Game must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the United States. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, EACH PARTICIPANT WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO BRING ANY CLAIM AGAINST ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. The Released Parties are not responsible for: late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, postage-due, undeliverable, misaddressed or misdirected Game plays, Sweepstakes entries, mail, email or other communications; errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices and their settings or transmission lines; data corruption, theft or destruction; or unauthorized access to or alteration or loss of Game-related information or materials. The use of automated software or computer programs to participate in the Game is prohibited and any individual who uses, attempts to use or who Sponsor suspects of using such methods to participate will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to restrict participation from any IP or MAC address or device if suspicious activity is detected or suspected. The Released Parties disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Game. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, terminate or suspend this Game if for any reason this Game cannot be conducted as designed or intended. If the Game is modified, terminated or suspended, Sponsor will post a notice at www.candybowl.mars.com and, if time and circumstances allow, determine procedures for awarding the Sweepstakes Grand Prize and First Prizes. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any participant from this Game or any other promotion conducted Sponsor or any of its affiliates if his or her fraud or misconduct disrupts the intended execution of the Game. Sponsor also reserves the right to correct errors or inconsistencies in promotional materials. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS GAME IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. PARTICIPANT WARRANTY AND RELEASE: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS GAME: YOU WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE LEGAL CAPACITY TO AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND HAVE COMPLIED WITH THEM. YOU ALSO AGREE TO RELEASE THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE GAME OR THE AWARDING, RECEIPT AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY.
10. WINNERS LIST: To obtain the names of Grand Prize and First Prize winners, please send an email to CandyBowl@pfcfulfills.com with “Candy Bowl” as the subject line. Requests must be received by 11:59:59 am ET on March 13, 2017. Winners list will be sent after the selection and verification of winners is complete.
11. SPONSOR: Mars Chocolate North America, LLC, 800 High Street, Hackettstown, New Jersey 07840
12. QUESTIONS: Please email CandyBowl@pfcfulfills.com or call 877-500-9929
®/TM trademarks ©Mars, Incorporated 2016.
©2016 Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company. Skittles, Starburst and all affiliated designs are trademarks of the Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company or its affiliates.
The National Football League, its member professional football clubs, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Ventures, L.P., NFL Properties LLC, NFL Enterprises LLC, NFL Productions LLC, NFL International LLC, NFL Players Association, NFL Players, Inc., and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “NFL Entities”) will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with this Game. The NFL Entities have not sponsored this Game in any way.
All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.