Worx – Win A Landroid Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, WIN OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE or payment WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’s CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Worx Win a Landroid Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored and administered by Positec Tool Corporation (“Sponsor”), 10130 Perimeter Parkway, Suite 300, Charlotte, NC 28216.
1. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on March 15th at 12:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on May 21st at 6:59:59 PM ET (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period includes ten (10) weekly entry periods (each an “Entry Period”) as set forth in the chart below:
(at 7:00:00 PM ET)
(at 6:59:59 PM ET)
(at 7:00:00 PM ET)
3/15/21 at 12:00 PM ET
Non-winning entries will carry forward into subsequent Entry Periods. The Administrator’s computer is the Sweepstakes official clock.
2. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) and each of their immediate family members (e.g., spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses and the “steps” of each, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. All federal, state, and local laws apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions and interpretations, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, an entrant’s residential address and e-mail address will be the physical address and e-mail address submitted at the time of entry or winner confirmation. Entrants will not be allowed to change their physical address or e-mail address.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: During the Sweepstakes Period, eligible entrants may (a) use your mobile phone or other web-enabled device to scan the Sweepstakes’ quick response (“QR”) code, which will take you to the Sweepstakes website (NOTE: Scanning a QR code does not automatically enter you in to the Sweepstakes), OR (b) enter without scanning a QR code by visiting winalandroid.com (“Website”).
Upon visiting the Website, follow the links and instructions to submit your email address. Upon the successful submission of your email address, an entrant will receive an email with a verification link. Entrant must then click the link to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Eligible entrants may receive additional Sweepstakes entries through the following methods:
1) Download Product PDF: Follow the links and instructions on the Website to download the Landroid product PDF. Upon clicking the download link, you will receive one (1) additional entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) additional entry through this method.
2) Follow on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Subscribe on YouTube: Follow the links and instructions to connect your account and become a follower of @WORXTools on Twitter, WORX Tools on Facebook, @worxtools on Instagram, or Worx Tools on YouTube. If you are already following on any of these social platforms, you will automatically receive one (1) additional entry for each upon connecting your account. Limit four (4) additional entries through this method.
3) Engage on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or YouTube: Follow the links and instructions to engage with one of the Worx Tools social channels. Potential ways of engaging are as follows:
a) Facebook-Like, share, or comment on a Worx Tools post.
b) Instagram-Like or comment on a Worx Tools post or add a Worx Tools post to your story.
c) YouTube- like or comment on a Worx Tools video.
d) Twitter- Tweet to @WORXTools, reply to an @WORXTools tweet, retweet an @WORXTools tweet, like an @WORXTools tweet.
Limit one (1) additional entry per platform for a total of four (4) additional entries through this method.
4) Download Product App: Follow the links and instructions on the Website to download the Landroid App. Upon clicking the link, you will receive one (1) additional entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) additional entry through this method.
5) Share the Sweepstakes: Follow the links and instructions to share the Sweepstakes via email or social channels. Upon clicking the buttons to share the Sweepstakes, a message with a unique link will be provided (“Invitation Post”). To obtain an entry, an entrant’s friend must click on the unique link in the Invitation Post and complete and submit the registration information requested and enter the Sweepstakes. Upon the friend’s successful entry into the Sweepstakes, the original entrant will receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry. An entrant will receive one (1) entry for each friend who enters the Sweepstakes by following the unique link in his/her Invitation Post, up to maximum of eight (8) total additional entries through this method.
6) Watch a Video: Follow the links and instructions on the Website to watch videos about the Landroid. Upon watching each video, entrant will receive one (1) additional entry into the Sweepstakes. There will be five (5) Videos total. Limit five (5) additional entries through this method.
7) Answer Quiz Questions: Follow the links and instructions to answer the five (5) quiz questions about the Landroid. For each quiz question entrant attempts to answer, entrant will receive (1) additional entry into the Sweepstakes for a maximum (5) additional entries.
Entry Limit: An entrant may receive up to twenty-nine (29) total Sweepstakes entries, during the Sweepstakes Period. If more than the stated number of entries is received from the same person, telephone number and/or e-mail address the additional entries will be disqualified. Entrants are prohibited from using more than one (1) e-mail address, Twitter account, or multiple identities. If it is determined that an entrant is using more than one e-mail address or multiple identities to participate in the Sweepstakes, then that entrant will not be eligible to win a prize.
IMPORTANT: Message and data rates may apply if an Entrant enters this SWEEPSTAKES on his/her mobile device. Not all mobile telephone/wireless providers carry the service necessary to participate in thESE SWEEPSTAKES. Entrants should consult their wireless provider’s pricing plans. Mobile entry is not required to enter or win A prize in THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: On or around each date set forth in the chart in Section 1, the Administrator will randomly select one (1) potential winner from all eligible entries received for a total of ten (10) potential winners, during the Sweepstakes Period. Each winner is considered a potential winner pending verification of his/her eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
5. PrizeS, approximate retail value (“ARV”), and odds of winning:
A. Prizes (10 total, 1 per Entry Period): The prize is a Worx Landroid WR143 Robotic Lawnmower. No more than seven (10) prizes will be available in the Sweepstakes, one (1) per Entry Period. The ARV of each prize is $1,199.96.
B. Total ARV: The total ARV of the prize is $11,999.60.
C. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible Sweepstakes entries received during each Entry Period.
D. General Conditions: There is a limit of one (1) prize per person. If, for any reason, more prize notifications are sent (or more claims are received) than the number of prizes offered, as set forth in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award the intended number of prizes through a random drawing from among all eligible prize claims received.
6. HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE: The potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. After the random drawing, Administrator will notify the potential winner via e-mail at the e-mail address provided at the time of registration. The potential winners will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (except where prohibited) and any other requested documents within five (5) calendar days from the date of attempted notification or the prize may be forfeited in its entirety and awarded to an alternate winner, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Failure to provide all required information and a signature on the documents within the stated time period may result in forfeiture of a winner’s right to claim his/her prize, and may result in the prize being awarded to an alternate winner, if time permits. If a potential winner is disqualified, found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, or declines to accept a prize, the respective prize may be forfeited. If a prize is forfeited, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner, selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If, after a good-faith attempt, Sponsor is unable to award or deliver a prize, the prize may not be re-awarded. Upon verification of eligibility, the prize will be mailed to the winners at the physical addresses (P.O. Boxes are not permitted) provided at the time of entry within 6-8 weeks. Each winner shall be solely responsible for payment of any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes for his/her prize won. Sponsor will issue an IRS Form 1099-MISC for the prize winners. All other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein shall be solely each winner’s responsibility. The prizes will only be awarded to verified winners.
Sponsor will attempt to notify each potential winner as set forth above, but Sponsor is not responsible for any undelivered e-mails, including without limitation e-mails that are not received because of a winner’s privacy or spam filter settings which may divert any Sweepstakes e-mail, including any winner notification e-mail, to a spam or junk folder. Prizes that are unclaimed, unredeemed, or returned as undeliverable will not be awarded. Prizes are non-transferable and no prize substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of the prize or force majeure, at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding the prize for any reason.
7. limitation of liability: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers and each their respective officers, directors, stockholders, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (i) lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due or undeliverable e-mail/text notifications or postal mail; (ii) any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability; (iii) garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/network accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; (iv) any technical, mechanical, printing or typographical or other error; (v) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information; (vi) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes; (vii) any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to entrants or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize; and (viii) entries that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules. Further, the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any unanswered or undeliverable winner notifications.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules, including entry requirements; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his/her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes; and (iii) to forever and irrevocably agree to release and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any Sweepstakes-related activity or element thereof, and the entrant’s entries, participation or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (b) the violation of any third-party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights; (c) acceptance, attendance at, receipt, travel related to, participation in, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of a prize (or any component thereof); (d) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof); (e) human error; (f) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties; (g) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof); or (h) the negligence or willful misconduct by entrant.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or proceed with the Sweepstakes, including the selection of a winner in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including the selection of a winner from among eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. In no event will more prizes be awarded than are stated in these Official Rules. In the event that, due to technical, typographical, mechanical, administrative, printing, production, computer or other errors, there are more winners than are stated in these Official Rules, a random drawing among the claimants will be held to determine the winner.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE PRIZES, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
8. dISPUTES: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JAMS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN MICHIGAN. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY ENTRANT AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE END OF THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
10. publicity rights: By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to allow the Sponsor and Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right to use his/her name, address (city and state), biographical information, likeness, picture and other information and content provided in connection with the Sweepstakes for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes in all media worldwide including, but not limited to, on television and the Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
11. general: Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as described herein is void. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to disqualify any entrant found or suspected, in their sole and absolute discretion, to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of this Sweepstakes. Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as in these Official Rules is void. If it is discovered that a person has registered or attempted to register more than once using multiple phone numbers, e-mail addresses, residential addresses, multiple identities, IP addresses, use of proxy servers, or like methods, all of that person’s entries will be declared null and void and that person will not be awarded any prize that he/she might have been entitled to receive. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Sweepstakes will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. Entrants and/or potential winners may be required to provide proof of identification and eligibility as required by Sponsor or Administrator In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted on the registration form associated with such entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If any provision of these Official Rules or any word, phrase, clause, sentence, or other portion thereof should be held unenforceable or invalid for any reason, then that provision or portion thereof shall be modified or deleted in such manner as to render the remaining provisions of these Official Rules valid and enforceable. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or the prize documents will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. No entrant shall have the right to modify or amend these Official Rules. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision and such provision shall remain in full force and effect. All entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in any promotional materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television and print advertising, promotional packaging and other promotional media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
12. winnerS list: For a list of winners, interested individuals should mail a self-addressed stamped business envelope to: Winners List, – Worx Win a Landroid Sweepstakes, 10130 Perimeter Parkway, Suite 300, Charlotte, NC 28216 . Winner List requests must be received no later than 5/31/21.
© 2021 Positec Tool Corporation. All rights reserved.