Williams-Sonoma – PBTeen The Ultimate Harry Potter – Win a trip for 4 to either Universal Orlando Resort or Universal Studios Hollywood valued at $4,745
THE ULTIMATE HARRY POTTER™ GIVEAWAY
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. SPONSOR: The sponsor of the Sweepstakes Williams-Sonoma, Inc., on behalf of its brand PBteen (“Sponsor”), 3250 Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94109.
3. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at [09:01:00] PST on December 4, 2017 and ends at [08:59:00] PST on December 31, 2017 (“End Date”).
4. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to residents of the 50 United States of America or the District of Columbia who are 13 years of age or older as of their time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, its prize providers and licensors, and each of the foregoing entities’ affiliates, authorized designees and other related entities, and any other individual or entity associated with the development, judging or administration of the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), as well as members of such employees’ immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents), and persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
6. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize: a trip (“Trip”) for the Grand Prize Winner and up to three (3) guests (“Guests”) to one (1) of the following two (2) destinations, as selected by the Grand Prize Winner: either (a) Universal Orlando Resort™ in Orlando, Florida (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Three Thousand Seven Hundred Forty-Five and 93/100 Dollars ($3,745.93)); or (b) Universal Studios Hollywood in Hollywood, California (ARV: $4,000) and one (1) PBteen gift card in the amount of $1,000. (ARV: $1,000). Gift card subject to standard gift card terms and conditions; see gift card for details. The total ARV of the Grand Prize is Four Thousand Seven Hundred Forty-Five and 93/100 Dollars ($4,745.93) if the Universal Orlando Resort destination is selected and Five Thousand and 00/100 Dollars ($5,000.00) if the Universal Studios Hollywood destination is selected. Prizes will be delivered only to an address in the United States. No cash alternative or substitution of prizes will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute prizes of comparable value, in whole or in part, for any reason. THE WINNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR REPORTING AND PAYING ANY AND ALL INCOME, SALES OR EXCISE TAXES THAT MAY APPLY TO ACCEPTING PRIZES; SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AND WILL NOT PAY ANY SUCH TAXES.
a. If the Universal Orlando Resort destination is chosen, Trip will include round trip economy class air transportation for Grand Prize Winner and up to three (3) Guests from a major commercial airport near Grand Prize Winner’s home (as determined by Universal Orlando in their sole discretion) to Orlando, FL*; three (3) nights’ standard hotel accommodation (one room, quadruple occupancy, room and tax only) at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort or at another on-site hotel (as determined by Universal Orlando in their sole discretion); non-exclusive ground transportation to and from airport and hotel in Orlando, FL*; 3-Day/3-Park Park-to-Park tickets for admission to Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme parks and Universal’s Volcano Bay water theme park, for Grand Prize Winner and up to three (3) Guests; and admission to one (1) Blue Man Group Show (exact date and time to be determined by Universal Orlando in their sole discretion) for Grand Prize Winner and up to three (3) Guests.
b. If the Universal Studios Hollywood destination is chosen, Trip will include round trip coach class air transportation for Grand Prize Winner and up to three (3) Guests from a major commercial airport near Grand Prize Winner’s home (as determined by Universal Studios Hollywood in their sole discretion) to Los Angeles, CA**; two (2) nights’ standard hotel accommodation (one room, quadruple occupancy, room and tax only) at Universal Sheraton (or at another on-site hotel as determined by Universal Studios Hollywood in their sole discretion); non-exclusive ground transportation to and from airport and hotel in Los Angeles, CA**; and three (3) day tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood for Grand Prize Winner and up to three (3) Guests. ARV of Hollywood Trip: Four Thousand Dollars ($4,000.00).
Trip must be completed by December 31, 2018 or Grand Prize will be forfeited. Travel dates and arrangements are subject to air travel, holiday, blackout dates, and other prize and travel restrictions. Travel dates are subject to Universal and Sponsor approval. Reservations are subject to availability. Trip must be booked at least sixty (60) days prior to intended departure date. If Grand Prize Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her Trip with fewer than three (3) Guests or no Guest, this Grand Prize will be awarded only to the Grand Prize Winner and each participating Guest and any remainder of the Grand Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. Once Guests are selected, they may not be substituted, except in Universal’s sole and absolute discretion. All elements of the Trip must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. If the winner is between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) years of age, his/her parent or legal guardian (who must also be twenty-one (21) years of age or older) must accept the Grand Prize on his/her behalf. If Grand Prize Winner is between the ages of eighteen (18) and twenty-one (21), he/she must be accompanied by an adult of at least twenty-one (21) years of age in order to check into the on-site hotel. Minors must be accompanied at all times during trip (including, but not limited to, in-flight, hotel stay and all prize-related events) by minor’s parent or legal guardian. Unless child or ward of Grand Prize Winner or one of the allotted Guests, each Guest must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on the same itinerary and at the same time as the Grand Prize Winner. ARV may vary depending upon the points of departure, ground transportation, and/or airline fare fluctuations; any difference between stated ARV and final ARV will not be awarded. Trip consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, meals, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, baggage, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, etc.) are included in the Trip and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of Grand Prize Winner. Grand Prize Winner is responsible for any air travel taxes and/or expenses, including applicable departure taxes or fees, inspection charges, baggage fees, and security charges. Grand Prize Winner and Guests are responsible for obtaining, at their own expense, any necessary travel documentation (i.e., valid photo identification) prior to travel. Once issued, tickets are nontransferable and may not be reissued once travel has commenced. Open tickets may not be issued and stopovers are not permitted. Travel arrangements must be made through Universal.
* For a winner who is a Florida resident, air transportation may be substituted with another method of transportation by Universal Orlando in its sole discretion.
** For a winner who is a California resident, air transportation may be substituted with another method of transportation by Universal Studios Hollywood in its sole discretion.
General Restrictions: Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Sponsor and prize providers shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any Grand Prize-related services or accommodations. Additional prize award details and travel information to be provided to the Grand Prize Winner at the time of notification.
7. PRIZE PROVIDERS: Universal City Development Partners, Ltd. d/b/a Universal Orlando Resort (“Universal Orlando”) and Universal City Studios, LLC d/b/a Universal Studios Hollywood (“Universal Studios Hollywood”) (collectively, Universal Orlando and Universal Studios Hollywood shall be referred to herein as “Universal”) are prize providers only in this Sweepstakes; are not sponsors of this Sweepstakes; and are not responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes, the collection of the entries or the conduct of the draws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, all disputes arising out of or relating to any person’s use of, or participation in, the Universal Orlando Resort Trip itself shall be resolved by applying the laws of Florida, without regard to conflict of laws provisions therein, and shall be solely and exclusively brought in state or federal courts within Orange County, Florida; and all disputes arising out of or relating to any person’s use of, or participation in, the Universal Studios Hollywood Trip itself shall be resolved by applying the laws of California, without regard to conflict of laws provision therein, and shall be solely and exclusively brought in state or federal courts within California. Such claims shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and all such claims shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event to include attorneys’ fees.
8. ODDS: Many will enter, only one (1) will win. Actual odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
9. WINNER SELECTION: The winner will be determined by random selection conducted by Sponsor from among all eligible entries on or around January 2, 2018. All results of the selection are final and binding, subject to these Official Rules. In the event a winning entry is discovered to be invalid for any reason whatsoever or the person who submitted the winning entry fails to comply with these Official Rules prior to delivery of the prize, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
10. NOTICE TO WINNER: Attempts to notify potential winner will be made using the e-mail address or telephone number provided at entry. Sponsor is not responsible for e-mail, telephone or other communication problems of any kind. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within fifteen (15) days of the first notification attempt (or such shorter time as exigencies may require), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected.
11. VERIFICATION OF WINNERS: Potential winner may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where imposing such condition is legal) a Publicity Release (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”). If a potential winner is less than the age of majority in his or her jurisdiction of primary residence, a “minor,” at Sponsor’s option, the applicable prize either will be awarded in the name of the parent or legal guardian of winner, or the parent or legal guardian of winner will be required to ratify and sign the Prize Claim Documents. If any potential winner (or such winner’s parent or legal guardian) fails or refuses to sign and return all Prize Claim Documents within fifteen (15) days of prize notification (or such shorter time as exigencies may require), the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
12. SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ENTRIES THAT ARE ENTERED BY OTHER THAN HUMAN MEANS (SUCH AS BY AN AUTOMATED COMPUTER PROGRAM OR ANY NON-HUMAN MECHANISM, ENTITY, OR DEVICE), IN EXCESS OF THE STATED LIMIT, OR FOR ENTRIES THAT ARE LATE, FORGED, DESTROYED, LOST, MISPLACED, STOLEN, MISDIRECTED, TAMPERED WITH, INCOMPLETE, DELETED, DAMAGED, GARBLED, OR OTHERWISE NOT IN COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES, AND ALL SUCH ENTRIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES: (A) TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND BY ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND ALL DECISIONS OF SPONSOR WHICH SHALL BE BINDING AND FINAL; (B) TO WAIVE ANY RIGHTS TO CLAIM AMBIGUITY WITH RESPECT TO THE OFFICIAL RULES; (C) TO WAIVE ALL OF HIS OR HER RIGHTS TO BRING ANY CLAIM, ACTION, OR PROCEEDING AGAINST ANY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES; AND (D) TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES, FROM ANY LIABILITY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LIABILITY FOR ANY PROPERTY LOSS, DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY, BODILY INJURY, DEATH, LOSS, EXPENSE, ACCIDENT, DELAY, INCONVENIENCE OR IRREGULARITY), COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REASONABLE OUTSIDE ATTORNEY’S FEES) THAT MAY ARISE IN CONNECTION WITH: (I) THE ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, (II) TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS IN THE OFFICIAL RULES OR ANY SWEEPSTAKES PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS, (III) ACCEPTANCE OR POSSESSION, DEFECTS IN, USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY PRIZE (OR ANY COMPONENT THEREOF), (IV) ANY CHANGE BY ANY COMPANY OR ANY OTHER PERSON PROVIDING ANY OF THE COMPONENTS OF A PRIZE DUE TO REASONS BEYOND ANY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES’ CONTROL OR AS OTHERWISE PERMITTED HEREUNDER, (V) ANY INTERRUPTIONS IN OR POSTPONEMENT, CANCELLATION, OR MODIFICATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, (VI) HUMAN ERROR, (VII) INCORRECT OR INACCURATE TRANSCRIPTION, RECEIPT OR TRANSMISSION OF ANY PART OF THE ENTRY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE ENTRY INFORMATION OR ANY PARTS THEREOF), (VIII) ANY TECHNICAL MALFUNCTIONS OR UNAVAILABILITY OF ANY WEBSITE OR ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK, COMPUTER ONLINE SYSTEM, COMPUTER DATING MECHANISM, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, OR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER UTILIZED BY ANY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES OR BY AN ENTRANT, (IX) INTERRUPTION OR INABILITY TO ACCESS THE SWEEPSTAKES, ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED WEB PAGES, OR ANY ONLINE SERVICE VIA THE INTERNET DUE TO HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE COMPATIBILITY PROBLEMS, (X) ANY DAMAGE TO ENTRANT’S (OR ANY THIRD PERSON’S) COMPUTER OR ITS CONTENTS RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM ANY PART OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, (XI) ANY LOST OR DELAYED DATA TRANSMISSIONS, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DEFECTS, OR ANY OTHER ERRORS OR MALFUNCTIONS, (XII) ANY WRONGFUL, NEGLIGENT, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACT OR OMISSIONS ON THE PART OF ANY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, OR ANY OF THEIR AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES, OR (XIII) ANY OTHER CAUSE, CONDITION OR EVENT WHATSOEVER BEYOND THE CONTROL OF ANY ONE OR MORE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES. EACH WINNER HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HAVE NEITHER MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO ANY PRIZE OR COMPONENT THEREOF, INCLUDING ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY ANY OF THE PRIZE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
13. Acceptance of a prize constitutes winner’s permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and address (city and state) for advertising or publicity purposes, worldwide, and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
14. Sponsor reserves the right to suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes or modify these Official Rules as necessary for any reason or as required by applicable law. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify from the Sweepstakes, and ban from any future promotions, any person it believes to have intentionally violated these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or to have tampered with any element of the Sweepstakes without notice to the disqualified or banned person.
15. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws rules or provisions. Any legal claims arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules must be brought in the federal or state courts located in Los Angeles, California.
16. To obtain any legally-required winners list (after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed envelope with the proper postage affixed to: Williams-Sonoma, Inc., on behalf of its brand PBteen, 3250 Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94109. Please specify “winners list” or “Official Rules” and the name of the Sweepstakes in your request.