Velux – Daylight Renovation Sweepstakes
VELUX SKYLIGHTS SWEEPSTAKES
– VELUX Daylight Renovation Sweepstakes –
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning.
DISPUTES RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION WITH NO CLASS RELIEF.
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
1. Sponsor/Administrator: The “Sponsor” is VELUX America LLC. 104 Ben Casey Drive, Fort Mill, SC 29708. The “Administrator” is Wray Ward LLC, 2317 Thrift Road, Charlotte, NC 28208.
2. Eligibility: “The VELUX Daylight Renovation Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) is only open to legal residents who are physically located in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older and who own their own home (the “Entrant”). Employees of Sponsor or Administrator, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, distributors and other prize suppliers, directors, officers, and each of their immediate family members (spouse, domestic partner, parent companies, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren) and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win. Void where prohibited by law.
3. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins on Tuesday, April 27, 2021, at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Tuesday, May 18, 2021, at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Entry Period”).
4. How to Enter: To enter the Sweepstakes, visit www.whyskylights.com/daylight-renovation-sweeps (“Sweepstakes Website”). You must follow all instructions and fill out all required data fields on the Sweepstakes entry form (first name, last name, address, city, state, zip code and email address), agree to the Official Rules and submit. Upon successful registration, you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) entry per person (“Entry” or “Entries”) during the Entry Period.
No entries will be accepted that do not follow Sweepstakes Website instructions. All Entries must be received by the Sponsor within the Entry Period. An online entry is “received” when the Sponsor’s designated servers record the entry. Entries must comply with these Official Rules or be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. If you change your contact information after you enter the Sweepstakes, it is your sole responsibility to update your information with the Sponsor. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. In the event of a dispute, the potential Winner may be required to provide proof that he or she is the authorized holder of the identified email account. Sponsor may run multiple campaigns, sweepstakes or other promotions simultaneously. Entry into this Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other.
5. WIRELESS MOBILE ENTRY: If you opt to access the Sweepstakes via your wireless mobile device, data rates may apply according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions. Sponsor is not responsible for any charges.
6. Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Sponsor will award one (1) Grand Prize Winner with the installation of two (2) VELUX No Leak Solar Powered Fresh Air Skylights with solar-powered blinds and installation in the winner’s home at the same time and in a single room ARV with installation of $5,000 (Five Thousand Dollars, U.S.). See Section 7 & Special Notes below for Requirements & Documentation in order for Grand Prize Winner to claim their Grand Prize. If Grand Prize Winner’s home does not qualify to have a VELUX No Leak Solar Powered Fresh Air Skylight with solar blinds installed in their home, or if the selected room may only accommodate one (1) of the VELUX No Leak Solar Powered Fresh Air Skylights in a single room, then “Sponsor” will offer two (2) VELUX Sun Tunnel Skylights and installation ARV of $2,000, or one (1) flat Skylight and a Sun Tunnel with installation ARV of $3,500, as an Alternate Grand Prize. If Grand Prize Winner’s home does not qualify to have either of the offered Skylights installed as an Alternate Grand Prize, then “Sponsor” will offer Grand Prize Winner a final Grand Prize offering of $500.00 (Five Hundred Dollars, U.S.) in lieu of the Skylight prizes.
Special Notes: Winner must provide VELUX with access to their roof in order for their inspector(s) to inspect the Grand Prize Winner’s home and structure to ensure the roof’s ability to have either the No Leak Solar Powered Fresh Air Skylight or Sun Tunnel Skylights installed. If the VELUX Inspector deems that the home/room is not appropriate for installation of either of the above, the Grand Prize Winner will be offered the Alternate Cash Prize of $500. ALL DECISIONS OF THE VELUX INSPECTOR(S) are final and legally binding in all respects and not subject to further review. ALL ENTRANTS BY SUBMITTING A LEGAL ENTRY ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT THIS STIPULATION UPON ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
Note: Due to the current coronavirus, and for the safety of all, there may be a delay in the awarding/installation of the prize.
Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions (excluding the cash offer), equivalents or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, and are subject to change. Winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize(s). ARV of the prize is based on available information provided to Sponsor and will be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The Grand Prize Winner will be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number or tax identification number before the prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. An IRS 1099 and W-9 Form will be issued in the name of Winner, in the jurisdiction in which she or he resides.
7. Winner Selection, Prize Claiming and Notification: One (1) potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected through a random drawing on or about Friday, May 21, 2021, from all eligible entries received in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor will have complete discretion over interpretation of the Official Rules, of administration of the Sweepstakes, and of selection of any winner. Decisions of the Sponsor as to the selection of a winner will be final. The potential Winner will be notified via email or by phone within two (2) business days of the drawing. If the potential Winner fails to respond within five (5) business days of notification, Sponsor may select another potential Winner at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
The Grand Prize Winner will be required to submit the following documentation to Sweepstakes Administrator in order to claim the Grand Prize:
The potential Winner will be required to sign (a) an Affidavit of Eligibility, (b) an Agreement of Publicity (granting Sponsor the right to use the name and image of the winner for advertising and promotion purposes), (c) a liability release, and (d) a form W-9, Taxpayer Request for Identification, (e) a prize acceptance agreement, (f) Documentation of a mortgage statement or deed, that the Winner or Winner’s spouse is the legal owner of the residence and have permission to do renovation if the Winner wishes to install the Grand Prize (or substitute prize, see above Special Notes) (collectively the “Prize Release Documents”) and return each of the properly executed documents to the Administrator within five (5) business days of attempted notification as a condition of awarding the prize. A potential Winner who satisfies all of the Sweepstakes requirements, including without limitation, those set forth in this paragraph, will be designated the official winner (the “Winner”).
8. Odds: Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Entry Period.
10. Publicity Release: Except where prohibited, by participating, you grant Sponsor permission to use your name, username, social networking name, photograph, installation photographs, voice, any other likeness, or comments for publicity purposes, in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, without payment to you. Grand Prize Winner will also allow access to the room where the skylights will and have been installed in order for the Sponsor to publish for marketing purposes, a before and after picture of the renovated area utilizing the Grand Prize.
11. Intellectual Property: The Sweepstakes Official Rules, the Sweepstakes Website, and all related web pages, content and code are the property of Sponsor or authorized third parties. The copying of any of those materials, associated trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
12. Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release Sponsor, Administrator and the applicable parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, distributors, licensors, licensees, representatives, attorneys, prize providers and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors, and assigns (all collectively the “Released Parties”) from any claims, liability, costs, damages or injuries of any kind arising out of or related to your participation in the Sweepstakes. You agree that the Released Parties: (A) have neither made nor will be responsible for any warranty, express or implied, in connection with the Sweepstakes (including Prizes), (B) and will not be responsible or liable for any injury that may be caused by the wrongful act of any other person or entity, including Sweepstakes Website users, and by any cause whatsoever beyond the control of the Released Parties. You further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of South Carolina (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable are hereby expressly and forever waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIM WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” (C) Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant, printing, typographical or other errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in (a) the administration of the Sweepstakes, (b) the uploading, processing, or random selection of entries, (c) the announcement of the Winner or potential Winner, or (d) the Prizes or any Sweepstakes-related materials; (5) late, lost, garbled, misdirected, inaccurate, incorrect, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries or mail; (6) costs associated with claiming or redeeming the Prizes; and/or (7) losses or damages resulting from an Entrant’s connection to the internet via any of the websites referenced herein. The Released Parties are not responsible for any (a) incorrect, mistranscribed, misdirected or undeliverable entries or email transmissions, (b) incorrect announcements, (c) technical problems including, without limitation, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, or any hardware/software, (d) lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission, or (e) combination of any of the foregoing. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for (i) late, lost, incomplete, inaccurate or damaged entries, (ii) undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering by a user’s internet service provider and/or email client, or (iii) insufficient space in user’s email account to receive email. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any damage (whether material or non-material) caused to Entrant’s computer equipment or to data which is stored on such equipment, or to Entrant’s personal, professional or commercial activities. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor or Administrator. (D) By participating, Entrant hereby releases the Released Parties, and agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold the Released Parties, and the other persons and entities involved in the development, production, and/or administration of the Sweepstakes, harmless, from any and all liability for losses, harm, damage, injury, costs, fees, and expenses, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death, arising from participating in the Sweepstakes, any Sweepstakes-related activity, and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any Prize, and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
13. Your Representations and Warranties and Indemnity: You represent and warrant that you have read, understand and will follow the Official Rules. You further represent that you have the right to agree to these Official Rules. You agree to indemnify and hold the Released Parties harmless from and against any third-party claim, to the extent relating to any breach of any representation, warranty or covenant made by you in your acceptance of these Official Rules.
14. Suspension/Modification/Termination: If Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes by any event or cause beyond its control, e.g., events of nature, public health, interference by humans or entities unrelated to Sponsor, acts of government (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated, the Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may select the potential Winners from all eligible entries received prior to termination.
15. Tampering: Sponsor will disqualify any individual that attempts to tamper with or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes and reserves the right to seek damages (including attorneys’ fees) and other remedies from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law.
16. Governing Law/Limitation of Liability: All issues concerning the Sweepstakes and these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of South Carolina, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules that would cause in the application of any other state’s laws.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY CLAIMS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NOT EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (2) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARDS FOR PUNITIVE, INCIDENTIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (3) YOU IRREVOCABLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO SEEK EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
17. Mandatory ARBITRATION; No Class Relief: To the fullest extent permissible by law, with the exception of disputes pertaining to Sponsor’s intellectual property rights, ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN YOU AND SPONSOR RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE REFERRED TO AND FINALLY RESOLVED THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JAMS UNDER THE STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES ON AN INDIVUDUAL BASIS WITH NO CLASS RELIEF. This clause shall be construed as a “written agreement to arbitrate” pursuant to the Federal Arbitration Act.
18. WINNER’S LIST: To receive the name of the Winner, send stamped, self-addressed envelope to: “Velux Daylight Renovation Sweepstakes Winner’s List,” Wray Ward LLC, 2317 Thrift Road, Charlotte, NC 28208. Vermont residents may omit return postage. Requests must be received no later than Friday, June 18, 2021.
No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Must be 21 years of age or older, a legal resident of the U.S./DC, and own their own home. Drawing to be conducted on 6/21/21. Sweepstakes begins on 4/27/21 at 9:00 a.m. ET and ends on 5/18/21 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. To enter, alternate means of entry and for Official Rules visit https://whyskylights.com/daylight-renovation-sweeps. Sponsor: VELUX America Inc. 450 Old Brickyard Road PO Box 5001 Greenwood, SC 29648-5001.