Velux – Brighten Up Any Room Design Giveaway Contest – Homeowners Sweepstakes
VELUX BRIGHTEN UP GIVEAWAY
– VELUX Brighten Up Any Room Design Giveaway –
Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning.
DISPUTES RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION WITH NO CLASS RELIEF.
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this Contest. By participating in this Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
1. Sponsor/Administrator: The “Sponsor” is VELUX America LLC. 450 Old Brickyard Road PO Box 5001 Greenwood, SC 29648-5001. The “Administrator” is Wray Ward LLC, 900 Baxter Street, Charlotte, NC 28204.
2. Eligibility: “VELUX Brighten Up Any Room Design Giveaway” (the “Contest”) is only open to legal residents who are physically located in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older and who own their own home (the “Entrant”). Employees of Sponsor or Administrator, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, distributors and other prize suppliers, directors, officers, and each of their immediate family members (spouse, domestic partner, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren) and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to enter the Contest or win. Void where prohibited by law.
3. Entry Period: The Contest begins on Monday, Feb. 17, 2020 at 4:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Monday, March 16, 2020 at 11:59:59 p.m. EST (the “Entry Period”).
4. How To Enter: To enter the Contest visit, https://whyskylights.com/brighten-up-giveaway
(“Contest Website”). You must follow all instructions and fill out all required data fields on Contest entry form (first name, last name, address, city, state, zip code, phone number, email address, and link to a Pinterest inspiration board for the entered room), upload your Eligible Entry and essay, agree to the Official Rules and submit. Upon successful registration, you will receive one (1) entry into the Contest. Limit one (1) entry per person (“Entry”) during the Entry Period.
You must submit photo showcasing one of the rooms in your home showing as much of the room and its ceiling as possible along with telling the Sponsor (in 100 words or less), “Why you need Emily Henderson to give that space a natural light makeover” (“Eligible Entry”). You must select a room that has direct access to the attic or roof. Photos may NOT contain images of any person in the selected room.
Special Notes: ALL DECISIONS OF THE VELUX INSPECTOR(S) are final and legally binding in all respects and not subject to further review. ALL ENTRANTS BY SUBMITTING A LEGAL ENTRY ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT THIS STIPULATION UPON ENTERING THIS CONTEST.
3. Your Eligible Entry must comply with these Official Rules and may not contain any of the Prohibited Content set forth below.
Once you complete the registration, your entry will be reviewed for compliance and if approved your Eligible Entry will be included in the judging process.
LIMIT: One (1) entry per person or household.
Proof of delivery or receipt of entry will not be deemed by the Sponsor as proof of entry into the Contest. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor. All entries are subject to verification and approval by the Sponsor. Entries that do not meet the requirements for the photo/essay specified above and below or otherwise do not comply with the Official Rules herein will be disqualified. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. Sponsor will determine in its sole discretion, what constitutes a valid entry. All materials submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ACROSS ANY OR ALL OF THE SPONSOR’S AND OTHER RELEASED PARTIES’ DIGITAL AND SOCIAL ASSETS, AT THE SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. Submission of an entry grants the Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit, publicly perform and/or modify such entry in any way, in any and all media, including for use in advertising and marketing, without limitation, and without consideration to Entrant.
Entries must not violate the rights of any other party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights or rights of privacy/publicity.
Entry submissions may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any material or content that:
a) is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
b) promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
c) includes obscene or offensive messages; endorsement of any form of hate or hate group; duplication of any other video submission;
d) promotes terrorist acts, such as providing instructions on how assemble bombs, grenades and other such weapons or providing instructional information about illegal activities;
e) defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about Sponsor, its customers or products or other people or companies;
f) includes personal identification, such as personal names or e-mail addresses;
g) includes messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which the Sponsor wishes to associate;
h) infringes the rights of any third party; and/or
i) violates any law;
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud or technical failures impair the integrity of the Contest as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and to award the prizes based on Eligible Entries received prior to the cancellation.
No entries will be accepted that do not follow Contest Website instructions. All Entries must be received by the Sponsor within the Entry Period. An online entry is “received” when the Sponsor’s designated servers record the entry. Entries must comply with these Official Rules or be disqualified from the Contest at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. If you change your contact information after you enter the Contest, it is your sole responsibility to update your information with the Sponsor. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. In the event of a dispute, the potential winner may be required to provide proof that he or she is the authorized holder of the identified e-mail account. Sponsor may run multiple campaigns, Contest or other promotions simultaneously. Entry into this Contest does not constitute entry into any other.
4. If you opt to access the Contest via your wireless mobile device, data rates may apply according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions. Sponsor is not responsible for any charges.
5. Judging: All Eligible Entries will be judged by the judges based on the following equally weighted judging criteria:
50% Originality of the written essay response.
50% on the natural lighting needs of the room as perceived in the submitted photo.
6. Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Sponsor will award one (1) Grand Prize Winner with the installation of two (2) VELUX No Leak Solar Powered Fresh Air Skylights with Solar Powered Blinds and installation in the winner’s home (“ARV”) with installation is $7,500 (Seven Thousand-Five Hundred Dollars, U.S) PLUS Winner to receive up to $7,500 in miscellaneous home furnishing items that interior design expert Emily Henderson will select for their room makeover. All items to be determined by Emily Henderson and her sole discretion. Total ARV of this prize package is $15,000.
Home furnishings acceptable for inclusion in the room makeover are limited to:
Painting the walls or ceiling
Wallpapering the walls or ceiling
Furniture replacement and arrangement
Soft goods updates (pillows, throws, area rugs, draperies)
Hardware replacement (cabinet and drawer pulls)
Sink fixture replacement
Decorative accessories (for example: artwork, decorative objects)
Light fixture replacement
Items excluded from room makeover:
Tile installation or replacement
Kitchen island installation or replacement
Structural changes outside of skylight installation
New or replacement appliances
Installation of flooring other than carpet
See Section 7 & Special Notes below for Requirements & Documentation in order for Grand Prize Winner to claim their Grand Prize.
Special Notes: Winner must provide VELUX with access to their home/attic/roof in order for VELUX inspector(s) to inspect the Grand Prize Winner’s home and structure to determine if skylights can be installed in the room entered. If a skylight installation is not possible in the room entered, the VELUX inspector will make every effort to identify a room in the home able to have skylights installed. Homeowner must agree in writing to shift the prize to the alternate room or prize will be forfeited and an alternate prize winner selected. ALL DECISIONS OF THE VELUX INSPECTOR(S) are final and legally binding in all respects and not subject to further review. ALL ENTRANTS BY SUBMITTING A LEGAL ENTRY ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT THIS STIPULATION UPON ENTERING THIS CONTEST. Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, and are subject to change. Winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize(s). ARV of the prize is based on available information provided to Sponsor and will be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The Grand Prize Winner will be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number or tax identification number before the prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. An IRS 1099 and W-9 Form will be issued in the name of Winner, in the jurisdiction in which she or he resides.
Winner must provide representatives from Emily Henderson Design LLC access to their house for a 2-hour scouting session to take photos, collect room measurements and discuss style needs. Winner will be limited to up to three (revisions) of the mood board and shopping list created by Emily Henderson Design LLC.
7. Winner Selection, Prize Claiming and Notification: The Eligible Entry with the highest judges score will be determined to be the winner. Winner will be announced on or about May 22, 2020. In case of a tie, the Sponsor will select a third-party judge (at its sole discretion), to judge the tied entries to determine the winner. Sponsor will have complete discretion over interpretation of the Official Rules, of administration of the Contest, and of selection of any winner. Decisions of the Sponsor as to the selection of a winner will be final. The potential Winner will be notified via e-mail or by phone within two (2) calendar days of the judges final winner selection. If the potential Winner fails to respond within five (5) calendar days of notification, Sponsor may select another potential Winner at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
The Grand Prize Winner will be required to submit the following documentation to Contest Administrator in order to claim the Grand Prize:
The potential winner will be required to sign (a) an Affidavit of Eligibility, (b) an Agreement of Publicity (granting Sponsor the right to use the name and image of the winner for advertising and promotion purposes), (c) a liability release, and (d) a form W‑9, Taxpayer Request for Identification, (e) prize acceptance agreement, (e) Documentation of a mortgage Statement or Deed, that the Winner or Winner’s spouse is the legal owner of the residence and have permission to do renovation if the Winner wishes to install the Grand Prize (or substitute prize, see below Special Notes) (collectively the “Prize Release Documents”) and return each of the properly executed documents to the Administrator within five (5) calendar days of attempted notification as a condition of awarding the prize. A potential winner who satisfies all of the Contest requirements, including without limitation, those set forth in this paragraph, will be designated the official winner (the “Winner”).
9. Publicity Release: Except where prohibited, by participating, you grant Sponsor permission to use your name, username, social networking name, photograph, voice, any other likeness, or comments for publicity purposes, in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, without payment to you. Grand Prize Winner will also allow Sponsor to publish for marketing purposes a before and after picture of the renovated area utilizing the Grand Prize.
10. Intellectual Property: The Contest Official Rules, the Contest Website, and all related web pages, content and code are the property of Sponsor or authorized third parties. The copying of any of those materials, associated trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
11. Release: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release Sponsor, Administrator, Emily Henderson dba Emily Henderson Designs, LLC, judges, and the applicable parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, distributors, licensors, licensees, representatives, attorneys, prize providers and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors, and assigns (all collectively the “Released Parties”) from any claims, liability, costs, damages or injuries of any kind arising out of or related to your participation in the Contest. You agree that the Released Parties: (A) have neither made nor will be responsible for any warranty, express or implied, in connection with the Contest (including Prizes); (B) and will not be responsible or liable for any injury that may be caused by the wrongful act of any other person or entity, including Contest Website users, and by any cause whatsoever beyond the control of the Released Parties. You further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of South Carolina (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable are hereby expressly and forever waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIM WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” (C) Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant, printing, typographical or other errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in (a) the administration of the Contest, (b) the uploading or processing, of entries, (c) the announcement of the Winner or potential winner, or (d) the Prizes or any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, garbled, misdirected, inaccurate, incorrect, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries or mail; (6) costs associated with claiming or redeeming the Prizes; and/or (7) losses or damages resulting from an Entrant’s connection to the internet via any of the websites referenced herein. The Released Parties are not responsible for any (a) incorrect, mis‑transcribed, mis‑directed or undeliverable entries or e-mail transmissions, (b) incorrect announcements, (c) technical problems, including, without limitation, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, or any hardware/software, (d) lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission, or (e) combination of any of the foregoing. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for (i) late, lost, incomplete, inaccurate or damaged entries, (ii) undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s internet service provider and/or e-mail client, or (iii) insufficient space in user’s e-mail account to receive e-mail. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any damage (whether material or non-material) caused to Entrant’s computer equipment or to data which is stored on such equipment, or to Entrant’s personal, professional or commercial activities. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor or Administrator. (D) By participating, Entrant hereby releases the Released Parties, and agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold the Released Parties, and the other persons and entities involved in the development, production, and/or administration of the Contest, harmless, from any and all liability for losses, harm, damage, injury, costs, fees, and expenses, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death, arising from participating in the Contest, any Contest-related activity, and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any Prize, and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
12. Your Representations and Warranties and Indemnity: You represent and warrant that you have read, understand and will follow the Official Rules. You further represent that you have the right to agree to these Official Rules. You agree to indemnify and hold the Released Parties harmless from and against any third-party claim, to the extent relating to any breach of any representation, warranty or covenant made by you in your acceptance of these Official Rules.
13. Suspension/Modification/Termination: If Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Contest by any event or cause beyond its control, e.g., events of nature, interference by humans or entities unrelated to Sponsor, acts of government (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest. If the Contest is terminated, the Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may select the potential Winners from all eligible entries received prior to termination.
14. Tampering: Sponsor will disqualify any individual that attempts to tamper with or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest and reserves the right to seek damages (including attorneys’ fees) and other remedies from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law.
15. Governing Law/Limitation of Liability: All issues concerning the Contest and these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of South Carolina, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules that would cause in the application of any other state’s laws.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY CLAIMS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NOT EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (2) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARDS FOR PUNITIVE, INCIDENTIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (3) YOU IRREVOCABLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO SEEK EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
16. Mandatory ARBITRATION; No Class Relief: To the fullest extent permissible by law, with the exception of disputes pertaining to Sponsor’s intellectual property rights, ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN YOU AND SPONSOR RELATING TO THE CONTEST SHALL BE REFFERED TO AND FINALLY RESOLVED THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JAMS UNDER THE STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES ON AN INDIVUDUAL BASIS WITH NO CLASS RELIEF. This clause shall be construed as a “written agreement to arbitrate” pursuant to the Federal Arbitration Act.
17. Name of WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES Requests: To receive the name of the Winner, send stamped self-addressed envelope to: “VELUX Brighten Up Any Room Design Giveaway Winners List,” Wray Ward LLC, 900 Baxter Street, Charlotte, NC 28204. For a copy of these Official Rules, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “VELUX SKYLIGHTS Contest Official Rules,” Wray Ward LLC, 900 Baxter Street, Charlotte, NC 28204. prior to the end of the Entry Period. Vermont residents may omit return postage with Official Rules requests. Requests for the name of the winner must be received no later than Monday, May 6, 2019.
No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Must be 21 years of age or older, a legal resident of the U.S./DC, and own their own home. Winner will be selected on or about May 22, 2020 and announced on or about May 22, 2020. Contest begins on 2/17/20 at 4:00 a.m. ET and ends on 3/16/20 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. To enter, alternate means of entry and for Official Rules visit www.whyskylights.com/brighten-up-giveaway. Sponsor: VELUX America Inc. 450 Old Brickyard Road PO Box 5001 Greenwood, SC 29648-5001