USA Today – Food and Wine Experience – Win a trip for 2 to Scottsdale, Ariz valued at $2,360
USA TODAY NETWORK – azcentral.com FOOD AND WINE EXPERIENCE
SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the USA TODAY NETWORK – azcentral.com Food and Wine Experience Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to U.S. legal residents of the 48 contiguous States and the District of Columbia who are 21 years or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of USA TODAY (“Sponsor”), Gannett Co., Inc., R Entertainment Company (“R Entertainment”), Arizona Office of Tourism, Second Street, and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How to Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 11:59 EDT a.m. on August 21, 2017 and end at 11:59 EDT a.m. on September 11, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
Enter by visiting the USA TODAY NETWORK – azcentral.com Food and Wine Experience Sweepstakes official registration page on https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/2017/08/07/win-trip-scottsdale/545698001/ and completing all of the required information and following all posted instructions. You must be registered with USA TODAY at the time of entry to be eligible to win. To register, go to https://login.usatoday.com/USAT-GUP-CONTESTENTRY/authenticate/?cookies=&from-state=method-select&bypass-returning-user=true&requested-state=create-account&success-url=https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/2017/08/07/win-trip-scottsdale/545698001/. Complete your registration and the entry form and any other required fields and then submit your entry by clicking on the “SUBMIT” button. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Maximum one (1) entry per person. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry.
By entering, you agree to the terms of the Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions in any email received from Sponsor.
4. Winner Selection. On or about September 12, 2017 one (1) Grand Prize Winner (“Winner”) will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. Prizes. Grand Prize: two (2) Chef’s Package – VIP Grand Tasting tickets to the azcentral.com Food and Wine Experience on November 4 and 5, 2017 at Salt River Field at Talking Stick, Scottsdale, Arizona; Two (2) night hotel stay in a Scottsdale or Phoenix, AZ hotel for the night of November 4 and 5, 2017; Round-trip coach airfare for two (2) from the major airport nearest the winner’s home OR driving stipend of $300 if the winner lives within 200 miles of Scottsdale, AZ . Alternatively, the Grand Prize winner may receive $2,000 in gift cards to be used for travel expenses if travel cannot be arranged by Sponsor or a partner of Sponsor (Total ARV: $2,360).
Any difference between stated approximate retail value and actual value of prize will not be awarded. Sponsor is not liable for rescheduling or cancellation of the event. Winner is responsible for securing travel and hotel accommodations if Winner is provided gift cards for travel expenses. Winner and guest must abide by all Event, venue, and R Entertainment policies.
Sponsor is not liable for refunds or compensation made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any travel plans or hotel accommodations. All expenses not expressly stated in the Prize description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the sole responsibility of Winner. Travel companion must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of the date of departure. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winner will be notified on or about September 12, 2017 at the email address provided on Winner’s entry form. Winner must respond to the email notification within 48 hours of the date and time on the email. Failure to respond within such time period, return of email prize notification as undeliverable or failure of Winner to respond to email notifications within 48 hours may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. Winner may waive their right to receive prizes. Winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in the Winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Persons traveling as guest of the Grand Prize Winner must also sign any affidavit or release that Sponsor may require. Upon receipt of the signed affidavits, Sponsor will send, by overnight delivery, the gift card(s) to Winner at the Winner’s mailing address listed on the affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release within two (2) weeks. Winner must pick up the two (2) Chef’s Package – VIP Grand Tasting tickets at the designated will call booth at the azcentral.com Food and Wine Experience event upon arrival. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by Winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes Winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. The Released Parties (defined below) will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor or the Released Parties. The authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Neither Sponsor nor R Entertainment is responsible if the azcentral.com Food and Wine Experience is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason and Winner will not be reimbursed for tickets. Tickets may be subject to the issuer’s standard rain-check policies and procedures. By accepting the Prize, Winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions provided by the azcentral.com Food and Wine Experience ticket and all rules and regulations of the venue. The Sponsor is not responsible if Winner does not use azcentral.com Food and Wine Experience tickets on day of the azcentral.com Food and Wine Experience.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Release. The Sponsor and R Entertainment make no warranties, express or implied, relative to the use or enjoyment of any prize or portions thereof, including without limitations, its quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. By entering the Sweepstakes, each Winner agrees to hold harmless and fully release Sponsor and R Entertainment and each of their respective parent companies, trustees, subsidiaries, franchisees, licensees, employees, agents, independent contractors and advertising and promotional agencies from any and all liability for any injuries, losses, death, or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from the acceptance, possession, quality, use or misuse of any prize, or any portion of any prize or travel related to the receipt or use of any prize.
9. Sponsor. The USA TODAY NETWORK – azcentral.com Food and Wine Experience Sweepstakes is sponsored by USA TODAY. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after September 30, 2017) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Food and Wine Experience Sweeps Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), Taylor Puskaric, Gannett Co., Inc., 7950 Jones Branch Drive, McLean, VA 22102. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Taylor Puskaric at firstname.lastname@example.org.