United Way Pop-Tarts – Rep My City Challenge – Limited Age Sweepstakes
(Note: See full terms and conditions below. All winning projects must conclude and winners must demonstrate the impact of their microgrant via a recap video by July 1, 2020.)
Still have questions? Just ask us.
United Way/Pop-Tarts® Rep My City ChallengeMicrogrant Contest Rules and Regulations
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
United Way + Pop-Tarts® “Rep My City Challenge” Microgrant Contest (the “Contest”) is open to participants between the ages of 13and 22. Applicants must be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least thirteen (13) years old and not more than twenty-two (22) years old at the time of entry/submission, with permission of a parent or legal guardian for applicants under the age of 18. Employees of United Way Worldwide, any local United Way, Kellogg Company, or any companies associated with the promotion of the Contest, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
2. Sponsors & Selection Committee.
The Contest is sponsored by Pop-Tarts®, Kellogg Company and United Way Worldwide (together, the “Sponsors”). The Selection Committee is comprised of personnel from United Way Worldwide, local United Ways, Pop-Tarts® and Kellogg Company.
3. Agreement to Contest Rules.
Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Contest Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors, which are final and binding. Being awarded a microgrant is contingent upon being compliant with these Contest Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein, at the sole discretion of the Sponsors.
4. Contest Period
The Contest begins on October 11, 2019 at 12:00 am PST and ends on December 31, 2019 at 11:59 pm PST (the “Contest Period”). Entries that are submitted after the Contest Period will be disqualified.
5. How to Enter.
Complete the United Way + Pop-Tarts® “Rep My City Challenge” Microgrant Application as set forth on: unitedway.org/repmycity
Limit one (1) entry per business, person, email address, and household for the duration of the Contest Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries received from any person, e-mail address, or household in excess of the stated limitation will be void. All entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned.
6. Winner Notification
The potential winners will be notified by email. Each potential winner will be required to complete, electronically sign, agree to, and submit a Microgrant Agreement within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the microgrant. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to submit the Microgrant Agreement within the required time period, the potential winner forfeits the microgrant. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Contest Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsors will award the applicable microgrant to an alternate winner. Decisions of the Sponsors are in the sole and exclusive discretion of the Sponsors and are final and binding.
6.a. Judging Criteria
Winning entrants will be judged for their combination of focus upon a pressing local issue, demonstration of partner collaboration, and overall creativity.
7. Microgrant Awards
The Sponsors will provide a $5,000 microgrants to ten (10) winning applicants upon the recommendations of the Selection Committee, announced two (2) at a time in intervals throughout the contest, until its culmination in early 2020. If any winning recipient does not accept the microgrant or reply in a timely manner, the Sponsors will award the microgrant to another recipient. Any federal, state, and local taxes on a microgrant award are the sole responsibility of each winner. Microgrant recipients must also identify a 501c3 nonprofit (preferably United Way in their community) who they will partner with to activate their winning idea, and who will act as the financial agent for the microgrant exchange. Note: microgrants may not be used as a direct “donation” to designated nonprofit, evidence of impact, program details, and how funds were utilized must be provided as part of recap video submitted by the winning recipient by July 1, 2020.
8. General Conditions
In the event that the operation, security, or administration of this Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, bug, worm, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem, or in the event the Contest is unable to run as planned for any other reason, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion, the Sponsors may, in their sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Contest Rules or (b) terminate the Contest and, in the event of termination, award the microgrants from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Contest Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages (including attorneys’ fees) and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsors to enforce any provision of these Contest Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability
By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsors, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the Contest, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the microgrant (including any travel or activity related thereto), including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors associated with the Contest, including lost, interrupted or unavailable Internet Service Provider (ISP), network, server, wireless service provider, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cellular tower or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (c) mechanical, network, electronic, computer, human, printing or typographical errors; (d) application downloads, (e) any other errors or problems in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in the administration of the Contest, including without limitation, (i) the announcement of the winner, (ii) the cancellation or postponement of the Contest, (iii) the incorrect (x) downloading of the application, (y) processing of entries, or application downloads or (z) processing of any Contest-related materials; or (f) injury, death, losses or damages of any kind, to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Contest or acceptance, receipt or misuse of the microgrant (including any travel or activity related thereto).
Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
Each entrant agrees to release, indemnify and hold Sponsors, their parent companies, their agents and affiliates harmless from and against any and all claims of liability, loss of damage, judgments, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees and attorney’s disbursements) arising out of or relating to (i) entrant’s ownership or use of the materials in her entry, (ii) entrant’s participation in this Contest or (iii) the acceptance or use/misuse of any microgrant or other prize awarded by Sponsors.
SPONSORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, AND ALL ENTRANTS WAIVE, ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
11. Winner List:
To request the name of the winners send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to United Way Worldwide, 701 N Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 | ATTN: Melissa Carle, or you can also send an email to email@example.com. Winner List requests will only be accepted after the Contest Period ends.
12. Additional Requirements & Disclaimers
By entering this Contest, each individual entrant grants the Sponsors a worldwide nonexclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable license to use, print, publish and broadcast her entry, including the video, or any portion thereof, for any and all purposes, without further compensation to entrant or any other person or entity. Each individual entrant also grants Sponsors a world-wide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable license to use the entrants’ names, likenesses, photographs, and/or biographical information for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes. For the avoidance of doubt, each entrant consents to the Sponsors’ posting of their entry, or any portion thereof, on the Internet in connection with this Contest or otherwise.
12. a. Each entrant hereby agrees to irrevocably grant and assign exclusively to the Sponsors all rights, including copyright interests in their entry, including the video submission, under all laws, treaties and conventions throughout the world, in all forms, languages and media, now or hereafter known or developed without limitation. Use, publication, or dissemination by entrants of their respective video may be permitted at the discretion of Sponsors, as approved in writing in advance by the Sponsors. Submitting an entry to this Contest does not guarantee that the Submission will be displayed or used by Sponsors. For the avoidance of doubt, Sponsors shall have the right to publish, use, reproduce, license, sell, manufacture, cut, edit, combine, augment, adapt and modify each entry in any way and in any form or medium (including separating visual and aural elements and exploiting them separately) without territorial, time, use or other restrictions, and for any and all purposes, including advertisements, in any and all media now known hereafter to become known worldwide without further compensation to the entrant or any other person or entity.
12. b. Use by Sponsors of an entry does not necessarily reflect the views of the Sponsors, and in no event shall Sponsors assume or have any responsibility or liability for any entry, in whole or in part, or for any claims, damages, or losses resulting from the use and/or appearance of any entry or the contents thereof.
12. c. Sponsors reserve the right to refuse any Contest submission in their sole discretion. Sponsors also reserve the right at any time during the competition to remove or disqualify any Contest submission when they believe in their sole discretion that the entrant has: (i) infringed any third party’s copyright; (ii) failed to comply with these Contest Rules; or (iii) failed to obtain any necessary consents in connection with the Contest submission.
12. d. Sponsors shall not be liable for any claims, costs, liabilities, damages, expenses, and losses arising out of (i) Sponsors’ use of the video submission; (ii) the entrant’s participation in the Contest; (iii) technical failures of any kind including but not limited to problems or delays arising from software or equipment malfunctions or computer viruses; and (iv) any events outside Sponsors’ reasonable control.
12. e. By entering this Contest, each entrant represents and warrants that: (i) the entrant is the sole author, creator, and owner of the video submission; (ii) except for material used by permission, none of the intellectual property rights in the video submission, or any portion thereof, has been assigned or transferred to anyone other than the entrant; (iii) the video submission, through its creation and its submission as an entry, does not violate any applicable laws; and (iv) the video submission, through its creation and its submission as an entry, does not infringe upon or violate intellectual property rights held by any third person or party.
By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees to comply with and be bound by the Contest Rules and decisions of Sponsors.
12. f. This Contest and all matters, issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Contest Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants, winners, and Sponsors in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions, which might otherwise cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia. Any action seeking legal or equitable relief arising out of or relating to the Contest or these Contest Rules shall be brought only in the courts located in Alexandria, Virginia.
Grant Award Agreement