Travel Channel – Win a 16 night trip to Florida and Jamaica valued at $100,000 with The Trip Giveaway
The following promotion is intended for viewing in the contiguous 48 United States and D.C. only and will be construed and evaluated according to United States laws. Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal resident of the contiguous 48 United States or D.C., 21 years or older, and accessing this site in the United States.
TRAVEL CHANNEL’S “THE TRIP: 2017” SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES – NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE CONTIGUOUS 48 UNITED STATES AND D.C., 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. How to Enter: Beginning at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on January 4, 2017 until 5:00 p.m. ET on March 24, 2017 (the “Promotion Period”), you may enter Travel Channel’s “The Trip: 2017” Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) by visiting the Travel Channel website http://www.travelchannel.com/sweepstakes/the-trip-2017/enter (the “Website”) and completing and submitting the online entry form. Incorrect and incomplete entries are void. These official rules are also available on the Website.
The Promotion Period will consist of twelve (12) Weekly Entry Periods (each, a “Weekly Entry Period”) and a Grand Prize drawing. All eligible entries received during the Promotion Period (except for Bonus Entries, as described below) will be entered into the Grand Prize drawing.
Bonus Entry: During the Promotion Period, each time an entrant submits his/her second entry per day, entrant will receive one (1) Bonus Entry for the applicable Weekly Prize drawing (as described below). The first two (2) entries each day will be entered into the Grand Prize drawing, but not the Weekly Prize drawing.
The first Weekly Entry Period will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, January 4, 2017 and end at 11:59:59 p.m. on Tuesday, January 10, 2017. Each subsequent Weekly Entry Period will begin at 12:00 a.m. Wednesday and end at 11:59:59 p.m. the following Tuesday with the final Weekly Entry Period ending at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 24, 2017 (collectively, the “Weekly Entry Periods”). Limit of three (3) entries per eligible person, per day (i.e. two (2) Grand Prize entries and one (1) Bonus Entry) during the Promotion Period. For the purposes of this Promotion, a “day” is defined as 12:00:00 a.m. to 11:59:59 p.m. ET. If more than the permitted number of entries are received, only the first three (3) entries per day will be accepted and additional entries will be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by you to obtain more than the permitted number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods may void your entries and you may be disqualified from the Promotion. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) will void all entries by you. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holders.
2. Eligibility: This Promotion is open only to legal residents of the contiguous 48 United States and D.C. who are 21 years of age or older as of the Promotion start date. Void in Alaska, Hawaii and where prohibited. Employees and members of their households and immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses) of the Promotion Entities (as defined below) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their advertising and promotion agencies and all local sponsors are not eligible.
4. Limitations of Liability: The Travel Channel, L.L.C. (“Sponsor”), AMResorts, LP ®, Quicken Loans, Inc., other participating sponsors, The TEAM Group, LLC and Ritway, Inc. (collectively with Sponsor, the “Promotion Entities”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; inability to access the Website; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; printing or human or other errors; and any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, or any combination thereof. Online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By entering, you agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Promotion Entities and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, their respective representatives and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, promotion partners and prize suppliers, and all of their respective affiliated companies, employees, officers, directors and shareholders, from and against all claims and damages or liability arising in connection with your participation and/or entry in the Promotion and/or their receipt or use of any prize awarded in this Promotion or due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity or participation in this Promotion. Any and all warranties and guarantees are subject to the respective manufacturer’s terms. Except where prohibited by law, the winner’s entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Promotion Entities to use said winner’s and any travel companion’s names, photographs, likenesses, statements, biographical information, voices, and city and state addresses on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation. If by reason of a printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. You further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
5. How Winners will be Determined:
Weekly Winners – One (1) Weekly Prize Winner (each a “Weekly Prize Winner”) will be determined from the submissions properly submitted during each Weekly Entry Period on the Thursday following each Weekly Entry Period. There will be a total of twelve (12) Weekly Prize Winners (although fewer if insufficient submissions are received). Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received in each Weekly Entry Period. Bonus Entries received for the Weekly Prize drawing during one Weekly Entry Period will be not carried over into any other Weekly Entry Periods, and will not be eligible for the Grand Prize drawing. Although a Weekly Prize Winner is eligible to also win the Grand Prize, no person may win more than one (1) of the twelve (12) Weekly Prizes.
Grand Prize Winner – One (1) Grand Prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries on approximately March 31, 2017, by an independent judging organization, and will be contacted by phone on or about April 4, 2017.
Judge’s decisions with respect to the winners and other matters pertaining to the Promotion shall be final. The potential winners will be notified via email and/or phone at the email address or phone number provided by the Entrant, at the Sponsor’s discretion. Prospective Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability and publicity (except where prohibited by law), and return same, properly executed, within five (5) days of issuance of prize notification or designation. Any potential Grand Prize Winner or Weekly Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected if: (1) Sponsor or Administrator is unable to contact potential winner within three (3) days from the first notification attempt; (2) the prospective winner and/or additional parties, if applicable, fail to complete and return all requested forms by the specified date; or (3) the prospective winner fails to comply with any of the requirements pursuant to these Official Rules. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received for each applicable drawing.
6. Conditions of Entry: Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, in the judge’s or Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Promotion, or if computer virus, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Promotion, the judges reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Promotion, or to terminate the Promotion and conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. Should the Promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Website. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
Weekly Prize: Each Weekly Prize Winner shall receive the following (the “Weekly Prize”): one (1) Amazon Kindle Voyage e-reader. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Weekly Prize: $200. The total ARV of all Weekly Prizes is $2,400.
Grand Prize: The Grand Prize Winner shall receive the following (the “Grand Prize”): a trip for two (2) to Florida and Jamaica, which includes: (i) round-trip First Class air transportation for Grand Prize Winner and guest from the major U.S. airport in the contiguous 48 United States nearest Grand Prize Winner’s residence (all airports determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); (ii) sixteen (16) nights hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy, room rate and tax only) throughout Florida and Jamaica (three (3) nights in Miami, Florida, three (3) nights in Palm Beach, Florida, seven (7) nights in Montego Bay, Jamaica, and three (3) nights in Ochos Rios, Jamaica); (iii) ground transportation between Miami and Palm Beach and between Montego Bay and Ochos Rios; (iv) flight between Palm Beach and Montego Bay; (iv) $25,000 spending money; (v) all taxes related to accommodations and airfare; and (vi) the following island-specific accommodations:
Ground transfers to hotel and from hotel to Palm Beach, Florida
Breakfast each morning at EAST Hotel
One (1) Dinner for two at Quinto La Huella
One (1) Dinner for two at Sugar
Private water jetpack lesson
4-hour yacht charter
Private Cuban sandwich-making lesson
Palm Beach, Florida
Ground transfer to airport
1/2 day semi-private kiteboarding lesson
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Ground transfers to hotel and from hotel to Ochos Rios, Jamaica
Private mixology lesson
Signature sunset massage
River tubing adventure
Ochos Rios, Jamaica
Ground transfer to airport
Jamaica sky explorer & bobsled combo adventure
Zip, tube and blue hole jump
Private sunset dinner on the beach with musical performance
Dune buggy adventure through Ochos Rios hillside
More details of the Grand Prize will be available on the Website on or about January 4, 2017. ARV of the Grand Prize is $100,000. No alcohol is being awarded as part of the Grand Prize.
In lieu of receiving the Grand Prize trip package, the Grand Prize Winner may elect to receive Seventy-Five Thousand dollars ($75,000) (awarded in the form of a check) (the “Grand Prize Cash Option”). ARV of the Grand Prize Cash Option is $75,000. ARV of all prizes: $102,400.
The specifics of all aforementioned elements of the prizes in the Promotion shall be solely determined by Sponsor. All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of any prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the respective prize winner. All federal, state and local taxes on prizes are the prize winner’s responsibility. Grand Prize Winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the actual value of the Grand Prize.
Travel related to the Grand Prize must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline, flight itinerary and hotel and dinner location and accommodations in its sole discretion. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required to Miami, Florida due to Grand Prize Winner’s proximity to destination, ground transportation to and from Miami will be substituted for air travel at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Promotion, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier(s) of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. Grand Prize Winner will not receive difference between actual retail value and ARV. Grand Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize (or a component thereof) for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. All travel must be completed by March 24, 2018 and must be arranged with Sponsor a minimum of thirty (30) days in advance, and is subject to availability and Sponsor’s approval. If Grand Prize Winner is unable to fulfill Grand Prize during time period, Grand Prize Winner forfeits the Grand Prize in its entirety and an alternate winner may be selected. All travel dates will be determined by the Sponsor, and once made may not be altered except by Sponsor. Some restrictions may apply. Meals not described above, incidentals, tips, telephone calls, or any other personal expenses incurred during the trip are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. All other expenses not specifically identified as included in the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. Grand Prize Winner and travel companion are responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that the Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Grand Prize Winner and travel companion are solely responsible for obtaining valid passports and any other documents necessary for international travel. If Grand Prize Winner is not legally eligible for travel to the destination(s), the Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate winner may be selected. Grand Prize Winner and travel companion must travel the same itinerary and on the dates and/or times specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Once the travel companion is selected, he/she may not be substituted, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Travel companion of Grand Prize Winner must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older, unless accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian, and must sign a Liability and Publicity Release. If potential Grand Prize Winner’s travel companion fails to return such documents within date and/or time indicated within such documents, then the potential Grand Prize Winner may forfeit the right to the travel companion.
8. Disputes/Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant or the Promotion Entities in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Tennessee without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application or the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Tennessee. Any action or litigation concerning this Agreement shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in Knox County, Tennessee, and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. You agree to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of Tennessee. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION. YOU (AND YOUR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS IF YOU ARE A MINOR) HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, IDENTIFIABLE PERSONS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTICIPANTS, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
9. Winner List: Beginning on or about April 10, 2017 you may obtain the names of the winners by going to the Website.
10. Sponsor: The Travel Channel, L.L.C., 9721 Sherrill Boulevard, Knoxville, Tennessee 37932.
11. Administrators: The TEAM Group, LLC (www.theteamgroup.com), P.O. Box 204, Florham Park, New Jersey 07932; and Ritway, Inc., 1463 E. Weisgarber Rd., Knoxville, TN 37909