Tourism Whistler – Whistler Winterscape Contest Sweepstakes
WHISTLER WINTERSCAPE CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR
CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Whistler Winterscape Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Tourism Whistler, located at 4010 Whistler Way,
Whistler, B.C. V8E 1J2 (the “Sponsor”). There is one (1) Grand Prize to be awarded. Chances of winning depend on
the total number of eligible entries received.
WHO CAN ENTER:
1. The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada and the United States of America, Australia and the
United Kingdom who are over the age of majority in their province, state or country of residence or older
at the time of entry with the exception of residents of Québec, New York, Florida and Puerto Rico.
2. The Contest is subject to all federal, provincial, and municipal laws, and is void where prohibited.
3. Employees of the Sponsor or any of its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any
other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Contest
and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children
and step-children) and household members (people who share the same residence at least three (3)
months out of the year) of each such employee are not eligible. Participation constitutes entrant’s full
and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding
in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set
4. The Contest is open from Wednesday, December 23, 2020 at 9:00 AM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) to
Thursday, April 15, 2021 at 11:59 PM PST (the “Contest Period”).
HOW TO ENTER:
5. Eligible entrants may visit www.whistler.com/winter-contest (the “Site”) during the Contest Period and
register for the Contest. Registration is free. To register eligible entrants must provide their first name,
last name, email address, telephone number, country and state/province of residence. Once registered,
eligible entrants will receive one entry into the random drawing of the Grand Prize.
6. During the Contest Period, eligible entrants may earn one (1) additional entry into the random drawing of
the Grand Prize by checking the box “Yes! I would like to receive special news and updates from Tourism
Whistler” when entering the contest at www.whistler.com/winter-contest
This action will sign the entrant up to the Whistler Insider email newsletter. Information about how email
data will be used can be found at www.whistler.com/privacy. You can unsubscribe at any time.
There is a maximum of one (1) additional entry that may be earned by an entrant during the contest entry
7. Limit of one (1) entry per person per registration during the Contest Period.
8. Any use of an electronic device to enhance or alter entrants’ odds of winning will count as a fraudulent
entry. Entries that are fraudulent are not permitted and will be declared invalid.
9. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Receipt of
entries for the random draw will not be acknowledged, and proof of submission of an entry will not be
deemed proof of receipt.
10. The Sponsor reserves the right to delete any entries or remove participants that are in violation of the
11. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
GRAND PRIZE DRAW:
12. A random draw will be conducted on or about Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 1:00 PM PST at the
administration office of the Sponsor to select one (1) winner of all eligible entries received. Chances of
winning the random draw depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
13. Following the draws for the Grand Prize, the selected entrants will be contacted by email address or
telephone number provided.
14. In order to be verified the Grand Prize winner, the selected entrant must:
Respond to the prize notification email or telephone call within five (5) days of transmission;
Correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
Sign a declaration stating that he/she:
I. has read, understands and complies with the Official Rules;
II. releases and discharges the Sponsor; and
III. Consent to the announcement of the winner’s name and the use by or on behalf of the
Sponsor of the winner’s name and/or photograph and/or video for advertising and promotional
purposes, without any further compensation to the winner.
15. Should the selected entrant fail to comply with any of the requirements contained in these Official Rules,
the Grand Prize will be automatically forfeited and another entrant will be selected and the initially
selected entrant will be disqualified and will have no recourse towards the Sponsor or anyone involved in
16. Return of any prize notification email as “undeliverable” may result in disqualification, and an alternate
winner may be selected.
THE GRAND PRIZE:
1. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize is for one (1) winner and one (1) travel companion
and will consist of the following:
Round-trip coach air transportation for two (2) people, from the major city airport nearest to the
Grand Prize winner’s residence (Sponsor’s choice) to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada;
Round-trip transportation, for two (2) people between Vancouver International Airport and Whistler
courtesy of Whistler Wired;
Six (6) nights’ accommodation courtesy of Fairmont Chateau Whistler;
Two (2) adult 4-day Whistler Blackcomb lift tickets;
One (1) day in Whistler Blackcomb’s Ski With An Olympian program for two (2) adults;
One (1) 4-day Premium Ski or Snowboard Rental for (2) adults courtesy of Black Tie Ski Rentals;
One (1) Yukon Breakfast Snowmobile Tour for two (2) adults courtesy of Canadian Wilderness
One (1) BC Experience Tour for two (2) adults courtesy of Blackcomb Helicopters;
One (1) Vallea Lumina Tour for two (2) adults courtesy of The Adventure Group;
One (1) bobsleigh or skeleton experience for two (2) adults courtesy of Whistler Sliding Centre;
One (1) massage plus bath access for two (2) adults courtesy of the Scandinave Spa Whistler;
Admission for two (2) courtesy of Audain Art Museum;
One (1) dining experience at Bearfoot Bistro (approximate value $500);
One (1) fondue & wine pairing experience courtesy of Basalt Wine & Salumeria (value of $250);
One (1) $100 gift certificate courtesy of Sushi Village;
One (1) dining experience at Quattro (approximate value $200);
One (1) Gibbons Après Lager experience at Black’s Pub (value of $350), courtesy of Gibbons Whistler;
One (1) $150 gift certificate to Tandoori Grill Whistler;
One (1) $50 gift certificate to Purebread Bakery;
The approximate retail value is fifteen thousand Canadian dollars (CAD $15,000).
2. Bonus entries are not counted in the total number of entries as it relates to determining Grand Prize.
3. The winner must be able to redeem the Grand Prize between December 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022 and is
subject to availability with the following blackout dates: Dec 18, 2021 – January 2, 2022; January 19-24,
2022; February 19-20, 2022. Activities are booked based on availability and may be cancelled due to
operational hours and inclement weather. If the winner is not able to redeem the Grand Prize during this
time the prize will be forfeited and no alternative prize will be awarded.
4. Any expenses not specifically mentioned above as part of the Grand Prize shall be the sole responsibility
of the winner. The Grand Prize does not include any expenses related to meals, pre- and post-travel
arrangements, hotel incidentals (phone, laundry, spa treatments, etc.), gratuities, or any applicable taxes,
which are the sole responsibility of the winner. Accommodation and activities are subject to availability,
weather conditions and operating times of each activity provider. All components of the prize must be
taken together. Any portion of the Grand Prize not accepted or redeemed by a winner will be forfeited
and is non-transferable and not for re-sale.
5. Winner and travel companion must travel on the same itinerary. Travel companions must be over the age
of majority in their province, state or country of residence at the time of travel. Winner and travel
companion are responsible for all necessary travel documents.
6. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes in whole or in part with a prize of equal or greater
value in the event a prize is not reasonably available at its discretion.
7. All elements of the Grand Prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, not for re-sale and non-
refundable. The Grand Prize winner is not entitled to receive any payment for any possible difference
between the actual value of the Grand Prizes and their estimated values. Grand Prizes must be accepted
as awarded. No cash alternatives, substitution or transfers of the Grand Prizes will be allowed.
8. In the event that there are government regulations in in Canada or the winner’s country of
residencerestricting gatherings or travel at the time of the Travel Period, the Sponsors will make best
efforts to coordinate a rescheduled date for the events with the Winner. If the Sponsors are unable to
reschedule and provide the Prize because of such regulations or related circumstances beyond their
control, then the Prize shall be deemed fulfilled and will not be substituted, except in the sole discretion
of the Sponsors.
9. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local/municipal laws and is void where
prohibited by law. If any provision of these Official Rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction
to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
10. The Sponsor will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any entrant or any other
any erroneous lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Contest
registrations, regardless of the cause, including, but not limited to, failure of the Site;
any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification;
any changes in email addresses after Contest registrations are submitted; and
any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the
11. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by the Sponsor, including due
to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other
cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of
the Contest, the Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such
misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
12. Should tax liability arise, then it will be the responsibility of the winner to notify their own Government’s
relevant tax department. The Sponsor takes no responsibility or liability for taxation or for any other costs
incurred in connection with the prizes received in this Contest.
13. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding.
14. By entering the Contest, participants consent to the Sponsor’s collection, use, and disclosure of the
personal information provided in the Contest registration for the administration of the Contest, including
posting of the winner’s name and city of residence on the Sponsor website, and in aggregated, non-
personal form in order to create reports regarding Contest entrant demographics and consumer habits,
which reports the Sponsor may disclose to others. The Sponsor will use the entrant’s personal
information only for identified purposes, and protect the entrant’s personal information in a manner that
write to the Sponsor and request that their information be removed from the Sponsor’s records.