Tourism Whistler – This Is Whistler Contest Sweepstakes
V1 Updated October 18, 2018
THIS IS WHISTLER CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND
WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The This Is Whistler Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Tourism Whistler, located at
4010 Whistler Way, Whistler, B.C. V0N 1B4 (the “Sponsor”). There is one (1) Grand Prize
to be awarded. Chances of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
Who Can Enter:
1. The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada and the United States of America,
Australia and the United Kingdom who are over the age of majority in their province,
state or country of residence or older at the time of entry with the exception of
residents of Québec, New York, Florida and Puerto Rico.
2. The Contest is subject to all federal, provincial, and municipal laws, and is void where
3. Employees of the Sponsor or any of its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising
agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production
execution or distribution of the Contest and their immediate family (spouse, parents
and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and
household members (people who share the same residence at least three (3) months
out of the year) of each such employee are not eligible. Participation constitutes
entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s
decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a
prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. The Contest is open from Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 12:00 PM Pacific Standard
Time (“PST”) to Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 11:59 AM PST (the “Contest Period”).
How To Enter:
5. Two Ways to Enter:
Eligible entrants may visit www.whistler.com/winter-contest (the “Site”)
during the Contest Period and register for the Contest. Registration is free. To
register eligible entrants must provide their first name, last name, email
address, telephone number, country and state/province of residence. Once
registered, eligible entrants will receive one entry into the random drawing of
the Grand Prize.
Eligible entrants may also enter by completing the entry form at the onsite
ballot box located within the Whistler Visitor Centre on Village Gate Boulevard
V1 Updated October 18, 2018
in Whistler, BC or at various event locations where the Sponsor is
6. During the Contest Period, eligible entrants may earn one (1) additional entry into the
random drawing of the Grand Prize in 2 ways:
By checking the box “Yes! I would like to receive special news and updates
from Tourism Whistler” when entering the contest at
By checking the box “Yes! I’d like to receive special news and offers from
Tourism Whistler” when completing an entry form and placing it in a ballot
box at the Whistler Visitor Centre or event locations where the Sponsor is
These actions will sign the entrant up to the Whistler Insider email newsletter.
Information about how email data will be used can be found at
www.whistler.com/privacy. You can unsubscribe at any time.
There is a maximum of one (1) additional entry that may be earned by an entrant by any of
the means during the contest entry process.
7. Limit of one (1) entry per person per registration during the Contest Period.
8. Any use of an electronic device to enhance or alter entrants’ odds of winning will count
as a fraudulent entry. Entries that are fraudulent are not permitted and will be
9. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or
returned. Receipt of entries for the random draw will not be acknowledged, and proof
of submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt.
10. The Sponsor reserves the right to delete any entries or remove participants that are in
violation of the Official Rules.
11. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
Grand Prize Draw:
12. A random draw will be conducted on or about Monday, April 15, 2019 at 1:00 PM PST
the administration office of the Sponsor to select one (1) winner of all eligible entries
received. Chances of winning the random draw depend on the number of eligible
entries received during the Contest Period.
13. Following the draws for the Grand Prizes, the selected entrants will be contacted by
email address or telephone number provided.
14. In order to be verified the Grand Prize winner, the selected entrant must:
Respond to the prize notification email or telephone call within five (5) days of
Correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing
Sign a declaration stating that he/she:
(i) has read, understands and complies with the Official Rules;
(ii) releases and discharges the Sponsor; and
(iii) Consent to the announcement of the winner’s name and the use by
or on behalf of the Sponsor of the winner’s name and/or
V1 Updated October 18, 2018
photograph and/or video for advertising and promotional purposes,
without any further compensation to the winner.
15. Should the selected entrant fail to comply with any of the requirements contained in
these Official Rules, the Grand Prize will be automatically forfeited and another entrant
will be selected and the initially selected entrant will be disqualified and will have no
recourse towards the Sponsor or anyone involved in the Contest.
16. Return of any prize notification email as “undeliverable” may result in disqualification,
and an alternate winner may be selected.
The Grand Prize:
1. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize is for one (1) winner and one (1)
travel companion and will consist of the following:
Round-trip coach air transportation for two (2) people, from the major city
airport nearest to the Grand Prize winner’s residence (Sponsor’s choice) to
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada;
Round-trip transportation, for two (2) people between Vancouver
International Airport and Whistler courtesy of Pacific Coach Lines;
Seven (7) nights’ accommodation in a dual occupancy room or suite courtesy
of Delta Hotels Whistler Village Suites;
Two (2) 3-day Whistler Blackcomb lift tickets;
One (1) Guided Day of Skiing or Snowboarding for two (2) adults courtesy of
One (1) 3-day Premium Ski or Snowboard Rental for (2) adults courtesy of
Black Tie Ski Rentals;
Sproatt Steak Night snowmobile tour for two (2) adults courtesy of Canadian
One (1) BC Experience Tour for two (2) adults courtesy of Blackcomb
One (1) Natural Mystic Snowshoe Tour for two (2) adults courtesy of The
One (1) Eagle Tour for two (2) adults courtesy of Ziptrek Ecotours;
Admission for two (2) courtesy of Audain Art Museum;
One (1) $75 dining gift certificate courtesy of Hunter Gather;
One (1) Mountain Après Package two (2) adults courtesy of The Spa at Nita
One (1) 3-course dinner for two (2) adults including wine pairing at Aura
courtesy of Nita Lake Lodge.
The approximately retail value is twelve thousand nine hundred and forty five dollars
2. Bonus entries are not counted in the total number of entries as it relates to
determining Grand Prize.
3. The winner must be able to redeem the Grand Prize between December 1, 2019 to
March 30, 2020 and is subject to availability with the following blackout dates: Dec 21,
2019 to Jan 4, 2020; Feb 15-22, 2020; April 9-12, 2020. Activities are booked based
on availability and may be cancelled due to operational hours and inclement weather.
If the winner is not able to redeem the Grand Prize during this time the prize will be
forfeited and no alternative prize will be awarded.
V1 Updated October 18, 2018
4. Any expenses not specifically mentioned above as part of the Grand Prize shall be the
sole responsibility of the winner. The Grand Prize does not include any expenses
related to meals, pre- and post-travel arrangements, hotel incidentals (phone, laundry,
spa treatments, etc.), gratuities, or any applicable taxes, which are the sole
responsibility of the winner. Accommodation and activities are subject to availability,
weather conditions and operating times of each activity provider. All components of
the prize must be taken together. Any portion of the Grand Prize not accepted or
redeemed by a winner will be forfeited and is non-transferable and not for re-sale.
5. Winner and travel companion must travel on the same itinerary. Travel companions
must be 19 years of age or older at the time of travel. Winner and travel companion
are responsible for all necessary travel documents.
6. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes in whole or in part with a prize of
equal or greater value in the event a prize is not reasonably available at its discretion.
7. All elements of the Grand Prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, not for re-
sale and non-refundable. The Grand Prize winner is not entitled to receive any
payment for any possible difference between the actual value of the Grand Prizes and
their estimated values. Grand Prizes must be accepted as awarded. No cash
alternatives, substitution or transfers of the Grand Prizes will be allowed.
8. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local/municipal laws and
is void where prohibited by law. If any provision of these Official Rules is found by any
court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in
full force and effect.
9. The Sponsor will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any
entrant or any other person for:
any erroneous lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted,
defective, or altered Contest registrations, regardless of the cause, including,
but not limited to, failure of the Site;
any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a
any changes in email addresses after Contest registrations are submitted; and
any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may
occur, regardless of the cause.
10. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by the
Sponsor, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized
intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes
with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest,
the Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such
misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
11. Should tax liability arise, then it will be the responsibility of the winner to notify their
own Government’s relevant tax department. The Sponsor takes no responsibility or
liability for taxation or for any other costs incurred in connection with the prizes
received in this Contest.
12. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding.
V1 Updated October 18, 2018
13. By entering the Contest, participants consent to the Sponsor’s collection, use, and
disclosure of the personal information provided in the Contest registration for the
administration of the Contest, including posting of the winner’s name and city of
residence on the Sponsor website, and in aggregated, non-personal form in order to
create reports regarding Contest entrant demographics and consumer habits, which
reports the Sponsor may disclose to others. The Sponsor will use the entrant’s
personal information only for identified purposes, and protect the entrant’s personal
http://www.whistler.com/privacy/. Entrants may write to the Sponsor and request that
their information be removed from the Sponsor’s records.
14. To be notified of the Grand Prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope
(ensure sufficient postage is included) to: This Is Whistler Contest c/o Tourism
Whistler, 4010 Whistler Way, Whistler, BC, V0N 1B4. Requests for the winner’s name
must be received no later than March 25, 2019.