Tourism Whistler – Granfondo Sweepstakes
WHISTLER.COM GRANFONDO CONTEST
1. OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR
CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Whistler.com Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Tourism Whistler, located at 4010 Whistler Way,
Whistler, B.C. V8E 1J2 (the “Sponsor”). There is one (1) Grand Prize to be awarded. Chances of winning depend
on the total number of eligible entries received.
WHO CAN ENTER:
1. The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada and the United States of America, who are over the age
of majority in their province, state or country of residence or older at the time of entry with the exception
of residents of Québec, New York, Florida and Puerto Rico.
2. The Contest is subject to all federal, provincial, and municipal laws, and is void where prohibited.
3. Employees of the Sponsor or any of its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any
other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Contest
and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children
and step-children) and household members (people who share the same residence at least three (3)
months out of the year) of each such employee are not eligible. Participation constitutes entrant’s full
and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding
in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set
4. The Contest is open from Thursday, August 19, 2021 at 12:00 PM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) to Wednesday,
December 8, 2021 at 11:59 AM PST (the “Contest Period”).
HOW TO ENTER:
5. Eligible entrants may visit https://on.rbcgranfondo.com/tb_app/470042 (the “Site”) during the Contest
Period and register for the Contest. Registration is free. To register eligible entrants must provide their
first name, last name, email address, telephone number, country and state/province of residence. Once
registered, eligible entrants will receive one entry into the random drawing of the Grand Prize.
6. During the Contest Period, eligible entrants may earn five (5) additional entries into the random drawing
of the Grand Prize by checking the box “Yes! I would like to receive special updates and deals from RBC
GranFondo Whistler and Tourism Whistler via email” when entering the contest at https://
This action will sign the entrant up to the Whistler Insider email newsletter. Information about how email
data will be used can be found at www.whistler.com/privacy. You can unsubscribe at any time.
There is a maximum of one (1) additional entry that may be earned by an entrant during the contest entry
7. Limit of one (1) entry per person per registration during the Contest Period.
8. Any use of an electronic device to enhance or alter entrants’ odds of winning will count as a fraudulent
entry. Entries that are fraudulent are not permitted and will be declared invalid.
9. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Receipt of
entries for the random draw will not be acknowledged, and proof of submission of an entry will not be
deemed proof of receipt.
10. The Sponsor reserves the right to delete any entries or remove participants that are in violation of the
11. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
GRAND PRIZE DRAW:
12. A random draw will be conducted on or about December 13, 2021 at 1:00 PM PST at the
administration office of the Sponsor to select one (1) winner of all eligible entries received. Chances
of winning the random draw depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest
13. Following the draws for the Grand Prize, the selected entrants will be contacted by email address or
telephone number provided.
14. In order to be verified the Grand Prize winner, the selected entrant must:
Respond to the prize notification email or telephone call within five (5) business days of transmission;
Correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
Sign a declaration stating that he/she:
I. has read, understands and complies with the Official Rules;
II. releases and discharges the Sponsor; and
III. Consent to the announcement of the winner’s name and the use by or on behalf of the
Sponsor of the winner’s name and/or photograph and/or video for advertising and promotional
purposes, without any further compensation to the winner.
15. Should the selected entrant fail to comply with any of the requirements contained in these Official Rules,
the Grand Prize will be automatically forfeited and another entrant will be selected and the initially
selected entrant will be disqualified and will have no recourse towards the Sponsor or anyone involved in
16. Return of any prize notification email as “undeliverable” may result in disqualification, and an alternate
winner may be selected.
THE GRAND PRIZE:
2. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize is for one (1) winner and one (1) travel companion
and will consist of the following:
Return flights from major North American airport
$1,500 whistler.com voucher to book accommodation & activities
$500 in Whistler dining vouchers of your choice
Entry into RBC GranFondo Whistler 2022.
3. The winner must be able to redeem the Grand Prize between September 10 2022 to September 11, 2022
and is subject to availability and blackout dates. Activities are booked based on availability and may be
cancelled due to operational hours and inclement weather. If the winner is not able to redeem the Grand
Prize during this time the prize will be forfeited and no alternative prize will be awarded.
4. Any expenses not specifically mentioned above as part of the Grand Prize shall be the sole responsibility
of the winner. The Grand Prize does not include any expenses related to meals, pre- and post-travel
arrangements, additional costs associated with covid-19 travel requirements (such as quarantine and
testing), hotel incidentals (phone, laundry, spa treatments, etc.), gratuities, or any applicable taxes, which
are the sole responsibility of the winner. Accommodation and activities are subject to availability, weather
conditions and operating times of each activity provider. All components of the prize must be taken
together. Any portion of the Grand Prize not accepted or redeemed by a winner will be forfeited and is
non-transferable and not for re-sale.
5. Winner and travel companion must travel on the same itinerary. Travel companions must be over the age
of majority in their province, state or country of residence at the time of travel. Winner and travel
companion are responsible for all necessary travel documents.
6. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes in whole or in part with a prize of equal or greater
value in the event a prize is not reasonably available at its discretion.
7. All elements of the Grand Prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, not for re-sale and non-
refundable. The Grand Prize winner is not entitled to receive any payment for any possible difference
between the actual value of the Grand Prizes and their estimated values. Grand Prizes must be accepted
as awarded. No cash alternatives, substitution or transfers of the Grand Prizes will be allowed.
8. In the event that there are government regulations in Canada or the winner’s country of residence
restricting gatherings or travel at the time of the Travel Period, the Sponsors will make best efforts to
coordinate a rescheduled date for the events with the Winner. If the Sponsors are unable to reschedule
and provide the Prize because of such regulations or related circumstances beyond their control, then the
Prize shall be deemed fulfilled and will not be substituted, except in the sole discretion of the Sponsors.
9. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local/municipal laws and is void where
prohibited by law. If any provision of these Official Rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction
to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
10. The Sponsor will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any entrant or any other
any erroneous lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Contest
registrations, regardless of the cause, including, but not limited to, failure of the Site;
any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification;
any changes in email addresses after Contest registrations are submitted; and
any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the
11. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by the Sponsor, including due
to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other
cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of
the Contest, the Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such
misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
12. Should tax liability arise, then it will be the responsibility of the winner to notify their own Government’s
relevant tax department. The Sponsor takes no responsibility or liability for taxation or for any other costs
incurred in connection with the prizes received in this Contest.
13. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding.
14. By entering the Contest, participants consent to the Sponsor’s collection, use, and disclosure of the
personal information provided in the Contest registration for the administration of the Contest, including
posting of the winner’s name and city of residence on the Sponsor website, and in aggregated, non-
personal form in order to create reports regarding Contest entrant demographics and consumer habits,
which reports the Sponsor may disclose to others. The Sponsor will use the entrant’s personal
information only for identified purposes, and protect the entrant’s personal information in a manner that
write to the Sponsor and request that their information be removed from the Sponsor’s records.