The Outbound Collective – Peru Guided Trip – Win a 9-day guided trip in Peru’s Cordillera Huayhuash for two (2).
Edit with the Docs app
Make tweaks, leave comments, and share with others to edit at the same time.
NO THANKSGET THE APP
2019 Peru Guided Trip Competition
2019 Peru Guided Trip Competition
Here are the terms and conditions which will apply to your entry. Please read them carefully as they contain important information related to the competition.
1. The Outbound Collective Inc. of 1288 Columbus Ave, #201, San Francisco, California, 94133, United States of America (“The Outbound”) is the promoter. Our friends at Osprey, Huckberry, InsideHook, and Flashpacker Connect are the promotional partners.
2. You can enter between on September 9th, 2019 at 12:01am PDT (“Opening Date”) AND September 22nd, 2019 at 11:59pm PDT (“Closing Date”).
3. This competition is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia aged 18 or over, except if you (or your immediate family or housemates) are employees or contractors of The Outbound, Osprey, Huckberry, Flashpacker Connect, InsideHook, their promotional partners, or subsidiaries or parent or affiliated companies. The laws in some places don’t allow The Outbound to run this promotion, so the competition and these terms and conditions are void in those places.
4. Information about the prizes and how to enter form part of these conditions of entry.
5. Any notifications and changes to these terms and conditions will be published on the competition entry page https://www.theoutbound.com/contests/win-a-guided-trip-for-2-in-peru so you should check this page regularly.
6. These terms are governed by the laws of the state of California, USA.
7. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to The Outbound and not to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, and you completely release these companies from any claims in relation to this competition.
You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations including the Twitter Rules. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible to win. Multiple entries in a single day will not be accepted.
This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to The Outbound and not to Instagram, and you completely release Instagram from any claims in relation to this competition.
By participating in this competition, each entrant agrees to indemnify, release and hold harmless The Outbound Collective, Osprey, Huckberry, InsideHook, Flashpacker Connect, their agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost, or expense whatsoever, including without limitation property damage, personal injury, and/or death which may occur in connection with travel to, or participation in this competition, or possession, acceptance, and/or use or misuse of any prize and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. Icebreaker is not responsible if competition cannot take place or must be suspended, or if prizes cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond Icebreaker’s control.
How to enter and prize details
8. To enter, go to https://www.theoutbound.com/contests/win-a-guided-trip-for-2-in-peru and complete the entry form. You don’t have to buy anything to enter.
9. You can only submit one email. You may earn additional entries by sharing the contest on Facebook or Twitter, and by completing registration on theoutbound.com. Your entry is received at the time The Outbound receives it. Incomplete and invalid entries will not be accepted. If your entry gets lost in cyberspace or doesn’t arrive for any other reason, that’s not The Outbound’s or the contest partners’ fault.
10. One first prize winner will receive a 9-day guided trip in Peru’s Cordillera Huayhuash for two (2). Prize includes the following, for two (2) adults:
2 x 9-day Peru trip (provided by Flashpacker Connect – approximate retail value is $3,100.00 USD). Winner must claim prize by emailing Flashpacker Connect or booking online and referencing the code which will be emailed to the winner.
This offer may not be combined with any other discounts or promotions
This offer is not transferable to any other trip or departure
Offer is not retroactive for existing 2019 bookings
Offer is not exchangeable for any other discount, incentive, or consideration
● 2 x backpacking and travel products sold by Osprey (Manta 34 or Mira 32; Transporter Wheeled Duffle 90L or 120L; Ultralight Packing Cube Set and Ultralight Zip Sack Set – approximate retail value is $1,000.00 USD).
● 1 x gift certificate for products sold by Huckberry (provided by Huckberry – approximate retail value is $1,000.00 USD).
● 1 x travel money from InsideHook (provided by InsideHook – approximate retail value is $500.00 USD).
● Cost of Flights, lodging, and travel outside of what is provided by Flashpacker Connect are not included in this competition.
Total prize value is approximately $5,700.00 USD. These prize values are accurate at the start of the competition.
How is the winner chosen?
11. The winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries.
12. The random draw will happen the week of September 23rd, 2019.
13. We’ll give the winner(s) the good news by email within 2 days after selection.
14. The Outbound will do its best to find the winner. But if we can’t, or if the winner hasn’t accepted the prize within one (1) week of announcing, the next entry will be randomly selected and declared winner. Where there is a compelling technical or administrative reason out of The Outbound’s control, the winner(s) will be selected from all eligible entries received at that time.
If you do win
15. We may ask you to provide proof of identity, residency and age, so that we are sure you are who you say you are, and are eligible to receive the prize.
16. You can’t exchange the prize for cash, transfer the prize to another individual, replace the prize, or ask us to give it to someone else (not that you’d want to!). We will use reasonable efforts to award the prize as described but if due to unforeseen circumstances we are unable to do that, we’ll substitute it for another prize of comparable value.
17. You’ll be responsible for all taxes, insurance and any other expenses, fees and costs connected with that prize that are not included in the prize description. Winners are required to complete and submit a W-9 form to Icebreaker prior to delivery of a prize.
18. If, in order to take the prize, you’re lucky enough to need a valid passport and/or other necessary travel documentation and visas, you’ll need to sort those out for yourself.
20. You agree that if you have a dispute with The Outbound in relation to this sweepstake or any prize awarded: (1) it will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any claim will be limited to an action at law for damages and you will not be permitted to obtain attorneys’ fees or other legal costs; and (3) you waive all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and your right to claim indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages.
21. The nature of the prize may be such that it poses health or safety risks, or risks normally associated with travel to you (and if applicable, to your guest). You should consider any health, safety and travel risks and take appropriate precautions (including arrange insurances) to guard against those risks. The Outbound is not responsible for use of the prize which results in:
a) loss that was not reasonably foreseeable;
b) loss that was not caused by our breach of this deed or by our negligence;
c) business losses (such as lost data, lost profits or business interruptions) or loss suffered by non-consumers;
d) losses caused by factors which could reasonably be considered to be outside our control (such as faults in third party equipment, or delayed or cancelled flights); and
e) any loss caused, or contributed to, by your breach of conditions of entry or your negligence.
What happens to my entry?
22. You give The Outbound a worldwide, irrevocable license to reproduce, publish, adapt, communicate and broadcast all or part of it in any form and media, in relation to the Win a guided trip for two in Peru. You also consent to us editing, re-using, storing, reproducing and communicating your entry in any medium. We will, to the extent practicable, attribute you as the author.
23. The Outbound and its promotional partners will only use the personal information contained in your entry to conduct the promotion and award the prize (but if you’ve told The Outbound that you want to receive stuff from us and/or our promotional partners, we’ll use your personal information for that too). If you win a prize, The Outbound can disclose your identity and other personal information as provided to The Outbound upon a request as contemplated in Section 13 above, use your name and photograph for future marketing purposes unless you tell us not to.