Television Food Network – Lucky Star – Win 1 of 4 grand prizes of a $10,000 check each
LUCKY STAR $10K GIVEAWAY
No Purchase Necessary To Enter Or Win. A Purchase Of Any Kind Will Not Increase Your Chances Of Winning. Void Where Prohibited.
1. Sweepstakes Period: Lucky Star $10K Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 8:00:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 22, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on September 15, 2016 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period will consist of four (4) separate and individual Entry Periods (the “Entry Period(s)”), as detailed in the chart in section 3 below. One (1) random drawing (the “Random Drawing(s)”) will be held on or about the day after the end of each of the four (4) Entry Periods, from among all eligible entries received during such applicable Entry Period, in order to award one (1) Grand Prize per Entry Period, for a total of four (4) Grand Prizes throughout the entire Sweepstakes Period.
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands and other United States territories), who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of the start of the Sweepstakes Period and who have access to the internet and Food Network prior to learning of this Sweepstakes. Employees of Television Food Network, G.P. (“Sponsor”), and any of Sponsor’s respective affiliates, parents, subsidiary companies, and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and/or those living in the same household of each (whether or not related thereto) are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. Void everywhere else outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, or where otherwise prohibited or restricted by law. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws. By entering the Sweepstakes, participants are bound by and agree to these Official Rules, and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding.
3. How to Enter: During an applicable Entry Period, eligible entrants must tune in to Food Network and take note of the code word (“Code Word”) that will appear on the screen at various times (from 8:00 p.m. ET/PT – 8:59 p.m. ET/PT on Mondays) during each Entry Period, (during shows (via snipes)). Then, during such applicable Entry Period, visit www.foodnetwork.com/luckystar (the “Promotional Site”) and follow the instructions to complete all required information on the registration form, provide the correct Code Word for the applicable Entry Period, and submit the online entry form (hereinafter an “Entry”). Incomplete Entries and Entries that do not contain the correct Code Word will not be eligible. There is a limit of one (1) Entry, per person, regardless of email address used, per Entry Period. Entries will NOT be carried forward into subsequent Entry Periods’ Random Drawings, if any. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service provider may apply. Entries received from any person, regardless of email address used, in excess of the stated limitation will be void. All Entries must be received during an applicable Entry Period to be eligible for that Entry Period’s Grand Prize. The computer clock of the webmaster hosting the Sweepstakes is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries.
ENTRY PERIOD CHART
Entry Period Number
Entry Period Date/Time
(On or about)
8:00:00 p.m. ET on 8/22/16
11:59:59 p.m. ET on 8/25/16
8:00:00 p.m. ET on 8/29/16
11:59:59 p.m. ET on 9/1/16
8:00:00 p.m. ET on 9/5/16
11:59:59 p.m. ET on 9/8/16
8:00:00 p.m. ET on 9/12/16
11:59:59 p.m. ET on 9/15/16
4. Grand Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”):Four (4) Grand Prizes are available to be awarded throughout the entire Sweepstakes Period (one (1) per Entry Period) (each, a “Grand Prize”). Each Grand Prize winner, once confirmed, as detailed below, will receive one (1) check for $10,000. The ARV of each Grand Prize is $10,000. The total value of all Grand Prizes awarded throughout the Sweepstakes Period is $40,000. There is a limit of one (1) Grand Prize per person/household, throughout the Sweepstakes Period.
5. Random Drawing(s) & Notification/Acceptance:On or about the day set forth in the chart in Section 3, one (1) Random Drawing will be held, from among all eligible Entries received during the applicable Entry Period, in order to select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner. Administrator, who is an independent judging agency, will conduct the four (4) Random Drawings. The decisions of Administrator and Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of being selected as a potential Grand Prize winner are dependent upon the total number of eligible Entries received during the applicable Entry Period. Potential Grand Prize winners must comply with these Official Rules as published in order to accept a Grand Prize and be confirmed as an official Grand Prize winner. Sponsor or Administrator will notify each potential Grand Prize winner by phone and/or email on or about twenty-four (24) hours after each Random Drawing. Upon notification or notification attempt, a potential Grand Prize winner will be required to execute and return an affidavit of acceptance, eligibility, liability and publicity release (where legal) as well as a W-9 form, within seven (7) calendar days of such notification or notification attempt (or less if specified by Sponsor upon notification or in the release documents) or such Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential Grand Prize winner, who will be selected in a Random Drawing from among remaining eligible Entries from the applicable Entry Period, will be notified by phone and/or email. Sponsor will attempt to contact each potential Grand Prize winner two (2) times during the seven (7) calendar day period. If notification attempts for a potential Grand Prize winner fail for any reason, or if a potential Grand Prize winner does not comply with these Official Rules, such Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential Grand Prize winner will be selected from among remaining eligible Entries from the corresponding Entry Period. Except for winners who are residents of the State of Tennessee, acceptance of a Grand Prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use the Grand Prize winners’ name, voice, actual or simulated likeness and biographical information in connection with the Sweepstakes and Sponsor (including, without limitation, for advertising and promotional purposes) in perpetuity, throughout the universe, in all media and mediums Sponsor sees fit, whether now known or hereafter devised, without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Grand Prize Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to perform a background check on any potential Grand Prize winner as a condition of awarding such Grand Prize. Administrator will furnish an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 to each official Grand Prize winner for the actual value of each Grand Prize for the tax year in which the Grand Prize is awarded. Grand Prize winners are responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes) and all other costs associated with Grand Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. No transfers of a Grand Prize, in whole or in part, will be permitted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Grand Prize (or portion thereof) with another prize of greater or comparable value, as determined by Sponsor. All Grand Prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. General Rules: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects. In the event of a dispute, Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of Entry and the natural person who is the authorized account holder of the email address used to submit the entry will be declared the potential Grand Prize winner. “Authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. In the event that any provision(s) of these Official Rules shall be held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, such provision(s) shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in full force and effect.
8. Limitations of Liability:Entrants, by participating in the Sweepstakes, release and agree to hold the Sweepstakes Entities harmless from and against any and all liability, claims, or actions, of any kind whatsoever, for any injuries, losses, or damages, of any kind, to persons (including death or bodily injury) and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Grand Prize. Each entrant agrees to indemnify the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and hereby acknowledges that the Sweepstakes Entities have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any Grand Prize herein. Additionally, the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, garbled, damaged, delayed or undelivered Entries; or for any virus contracted by an entrant’s computer through participation in the Sweepstakes, or for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by computer or Internet malfunction, interference, tampering, manipulation, weather, natural disaster, acts of war, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation, or for failed computer, satellite, telephone, wireless or cable transmissions, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, technical error, theft, destruction or unauthorized access. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of Entries, the awarding of the Grand Prizes, the airing of the Code Word(s), the selection and notification/verification of potential Grand Prize winners, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable network, server, wireless service, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it suspects of tampering with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in a unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person or entity. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods or third-party software or website, or any other devices, which subvert or manipulate the entry process will void all Entries by such methods, and disqualify any entrant using such methods. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, by reason of, but not limited to, tampering, programming, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, virus, bug, worms, unauthorized human intervention, or any other causes which Sponsor, in its sole opinion, deems could corrupt, manipulate or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and post notice of the action at the Promotional Site, and/or where Sponsor sees fit. In such an event, Sponsor will select the potential Grand Prize winners in random drawing(s) from among all valid, non-suspect, eligible Entries received prior to termination, if any, or as otherwise may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. You further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANTS HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO ANY ENTRANT OR WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO BE AWARDED TO THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. IN NO EVENT WILL MORE PRIZES THAN THOSE DETAILED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES BE AWARDED. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY PROVISION IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL NOT BE DEEMED A WAIVER OF SUCH.
9. Disputes, Governing Law and Venue: THE SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TENNESSEE, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN KNOXVILLE, TENNESSEE. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN TENNESSEE. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN THE COUNTY OF KNOX. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
11. Winners’ List: For a list of Grand Prize winners, available after the Sweepstakes Period has ended, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope, to be received by December 14, 2016, to Lucky Star $10K GiveawayWinners List, P.O. Box 53445, Knoxville, TN 37950.
12. Sponsor: Television Food Network, G.P., 75 Ninth Avenue, New York, NY 10001.
13. Administrator: The TEAM Group, LLC (www.theteamgroup.com), P.O. Box 204, Florham Park, New Jersey 07932.