Steamboat Ski & Resort – Win a Steamboat Family Vacation for 4 during 2017-2018 Ski Season
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation “2016-2017 Boat Load Sweepstakes” Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SPONSOR. The “2016-2017 Boat Load Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation (“Sponsor”) and the address at which the Sponsor may be contacted is Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation, 2305 Mt. Werner Circle, Steamboat Springs, Colorado 80487; phone 970-879-6111. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes is only open to entrants who, as of the entry date, are permanent legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old. The Sweepstakes is void outside the United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, any prize suppliers, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies (including, without limitation, Intrawest Resorts Holdings Inc.), and the immediate families (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, grandparents, and their respective spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of each such employee, officer and director, are not eligible to enter. The Sweepstakes, and any website pages and advertisements relating thereto, is intended for viewing only within the eligible Sweepstakes territory, and entrants must be present in the eligible Sweepstakes territory at the time they enter.
3. TIMING. The Sweepstakes entry period begins at 12:00 p.m. Mountain Time (“MT”) on December 5, 2016 and ends at 11:59 p.m. MT on April 16, 2017 (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s or its designee’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. HOW TO ENTER. There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes, both of which are online. (Note that normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by entrant’s online service will apply.) ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST ENTER IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO OTHER METHOD OF ENTRY WILL BE ACCEPTED.
a. TO ENTER AT THE STEAMBOAT WEBSITE: During the Entry Period, visit Sponsor’s Sweepstakes website located at www.steamboat.com/boatloadsweeps and follow the links and instructions for online entry. Completely fill out the online entry form and submit it in accordance with the on-screen instructions.
b. TO ENTER AT THE STEAMBOAT FACEBOOK FAN PAGE: During the Entry Period, visit Sponsor’s Facebook fan page located at www.facebook.com/steamboatresort and locate the Sweepstakes tab. Click on the Sweepstakes tab and click that you “Like” the page and then accept the Sweepstakes application (the “Application”). “Liking” the page is only necessary to gain access to the Application and does not constitute an entry in the Sweepstakes. If you already “Like” the page, you may proceed with the entry process by accepting the Application. Once you have accepted the Application, follow the links and instructions for online entry. Completely fill out the online entry form and submit it in accordance with the on-screen instructions. You must also be a registered member of the Facebook website located at www.facebook.com and in compliance with the Facebook Terms located at http://www.facebook.com/legal/terms. Membership on Facebook is free, and can be obtained by visiting www.facebook.com and following the onscreen instructions to register for and open an account. An entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the e-mail address identified with the participant’s Facebook account.
c. FOR ALL ENTRIES: LIMIT: One (1) entry per person (regardless of method of entry) or address (physical or email) in the Sweepstakes. You must complete all required information on the submitted entry form to be eligible to enter to win a prize. All entries, regardless of method of entry, must be received by Sponsor or its designee during the Entry Period and are subject to the applicable Monthly Drawing cutoff periods as set forth in section 6.a. below. Any attempt by any participant to obtain additional entries beyond the limit by using multiple/different email addresses, Facebook accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will
void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Submitting mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, void, unintelligible, or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address or Facebook account. In the event of a dispute as to an entrant’s entry, the natural person who is the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter (if entry is through Sponsor’s website) or the email address identified with the participant’s Facebook account (if entry is at Sponsor’s Facebook fan page) will be deemed to be the entrant, but only if that person is otherwise eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the winning entrant may be deemed ineligible. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission will not be deemed proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor. All entrants and entries are subject to verification prior to the awarding of a prize, as are the eligibility, age and other claims of/information provided by a potential prize winner. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check on any or all entrants, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual based on such background check if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding a prize to any such individual might reflect negatively on Sponsor or any of its Sweepstakes partners. Entrants will cooperate with Sponsor and its representatives in connection with any and all verification and background check activities, including, without limitation, by executing and delivering to Sponsor or its designee by the time indicated by Sponsor or its designee any verification and background check authorization forms required by Sponsor or its designee.
5. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES AND DECISIONS. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of entrants and the winners, and the awarding of the prizes), which are final and binding in all respects.
6. MONTHLY PRIZE DRAWINGS; GRAND PRIZE DRAWING; ODDS; NOTIFICATION.
a. MONTHLY DRAWINGS DATES AND CUTOFF TIMES; GRAND PRIZE DRAWING:
There are four (4) monthly prize drawings in the Sweepstakes; one (1) for each of December, 2016 and January, February and March 2017 (each a “Monthly Drawing”). There is also one (1) Grand Prize drawing in the Sweepstakes (the “Grand Prize Drawing”). For each Monthly Drawing, there is a corresponding entry submission cutoff date and time, which is 11:59 p.m. MT on each of December 31, 2016, January 31, 2017, February 28, 2017, and March 31, 2017 as applicable. All eligible entries in the Sweepstakes received by Sponsor or its designee through the applicable Monthly Drawing cutoff date/time (including all non-winning eligible entries in this Sweepstakes received during the Entry Period prior to such cutoff date/time) will constitute the pool of entries for the applicable Monthly Drawing. A Monthly Drawing will occur on or about forty eight (48) hours after the applicable Monthly Drawing cutoff date/time and the potential winner will be announced at approximately the same time. All eligible entries in the Sweepstakes received by Sponsor or its designee for the entire Entry Period (including prior winning eligible entries in the Monthly Drawings) will constitute the pool of entries for the Grand Prize Drawing. The Grand Prize Drawing will occur on or about forty eight (48) hours after April 16, 2017 and the potential winner will be announced at approximately the same time. Winners of a Monthly Drawing prize will not be eligible to win an additional Monthly Drawing prize, but will be eligible for the Grand Prize Drawing.
b. MONTHLY DRAWINGS; GRAND PRIZE DRAWING; ODDS: At each of the Monthly Drawings, Sponsor or its designee will randomly select two (2) potential winners from among the applicable pool of eligible entries. At the Grand Prize Drawing, Sponsor or its designee will randomly select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner. The aggregate number of potential prize winners in the Sweepstakes from all of the drawings in the Sweepstakes is nine (9). Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received by Sponsor and its designee in the Sweepstakes. A selected entrant must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.
c. NOTIFICATION: A potential winner will be notified by phone, mail, courier, and/or email. The potential winner will be required to execute and return to Sponsor or its designee a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release (collectively, an “Affidavit/Release”) in the form(s) provided by Sponsor or its designee in order to claim his/her prize, provided
however, that Sponsor in its sole discretion may determine not to require and Affidavit/Release from certain Monthly Prize winners. The Affidavit/Release must be returned to Sponsor or its designee by the date and/or time indicated within the Affidavit/Release. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within seventy-two (72) hours of the first attempt to contact him/her, or if the potential winner fails to return the Affidavit/Release within the specified time, or if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if the potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if the potential winner does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected by Sponsor in his/her place at random from among all eligible non- winning entries received by Sponsor and its designee for the Sweepstakes. In such event, an alternate potential prize winner will be notified as described above and will be required to return the required documents to Sponsor or its designee as described above; provided, however, Sponsor may alter the above timing to meet its Sweepstakes schedule and due to such schedule and the travel nature of some prizes, Sponsor may be unable to award an applicable prize in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure of a potential winner to receive Sponsor’s notification or the required documents for any reason, or for the inability of such potential winner to return the required documents for any reason. Each winner agrees that he/she will not conduct or participate in any media interview regarding this Sweepstakes or any prize without the express prior written permission of Sponsor.
7. PRIZES. Subject to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, nine (9) prizes will be awarded in this Sweepstakes, consisting of eight (8) Monthly Prizes and one (1) Grand Prize. The aggregate approximate retail value (“ARV”) of all prizes to be awarded in the Sweepstakes is $17,600. Prizes actually awarded may vary from any displayed or pictured prizes in any promotional or advertising materials. LIMIT: One (1) prize per person or household, except that a Monthly Drawing winner may also win the Grand Prize.
The December Monthly Drawing Prizes consist of and are limited to one (1) pair of Vasque snow boots (model, style, color and size as determined by Sponsor and subject to availability). The ARV of each December Monthly Drawing Prize is $150 and the aggregate ARV of all December Monthly Drawing Prizes is $300.
The January Monthly Drawing Prizes consist of and are limited to one (1) SmartWool top (model, style, color and size as determined by Sponsor and subject to availability) and two (2) pairs of SmartWool ski socks. The ARV of each January Monthly Drawing Prize is $150 and the aggregate ARV of all January Monthly Drawing Prizes is $300.
The February Monthly Drawing Prizes consist of and are limited to one (1) Go Pro HD Wearable Camera (model, style, color and size as determined by Sponsor and subject to availability). The ARV of each February Monthly Drawing Prize is $300 and the aggregate ARV of all February Monthly Drawing Prizes is $600.
The March Monthly Drawing Prizes consist of and are limited to (a) one (1) Marmot jacket and (b) one (1) pair of Marmot snow pants, (in each case model, style, color and size as determined by Sponsor and subject to availability). The ARV of each March Monthly Drawing Prize is $500 and the aggregate ARV of all March Monthly Drawing Prizes is $1,000.
The Grand Prize consists of a Steamboat family vacation for four (4) people during the 2017-18 ski season at the Steamboat Ski Resort and is limited to the following: (a) round-trip coach airfare for four (4) people between the major metropolitan airport nearest to prize winner’s primary residence (in the event of any dispute, airport shall be as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) and either the Hayden, Colorado (HDN) or Denver, Colorado (DEN) airport (airport, carrier, seating, and travel dates and times as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), (b) five (5) nights lodging for four (4) people at the Steamboat Grand or other luxury property in a penthouse or other luxury unit (dates and room as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and subject to availability), (c) four (4) lift tickets valid for four (4) days consecutive skiing at Steamboat Ski Resort during the 2017-18 ski season (dates as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; lift tickets subject to the terms, conditions, limitations and restrictions thereof), (d) ground transportation for four (4) people between the destination airport and the Steamboat Grand (times and methods of transportation as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), (e) half day skiing with Billy Kidd or another Olympian (subject to availability; date, time and location as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), and (f) complimentary demo ski or snowboard equipment rentals (skis, boots, poles, helmets) at the Steamboat Ski & Sport Pro Shop (rentals subject to the standard terms, conditions, restrictions and limitations of Sponsor). The ARV of the Steamboat family vacation is $15,000.
The Steamboat family vacation Grand Prize is subject to the following additional requirements and restrictions: Actual ARV depends on location of originating airport, and fares and rates at the time of booking; if actual ARV is less than the stated ARV in these Official Rules, the difference will not be awarded in cash or other consideration. Winner and winner’s guest(s) must travel on the same itinerary and on dates and at times specified by Sponsor. Prizes must be booked through Sponsor or its designee, and must be booked no later than August 30, 2017. All prize activities (including, without limitation, travel and lodging) must be taken and completed by April 8, 2018.
All reservations are subject to availability and blackout dates. Neither frequent flier miles accrual nor upgrades are permitted with airline tickets. All costs and expenses not specified herein, related to the prize or the use thereof, including but not limited to transportation or additional transportation costs, lodging or additional lodging, meals, beverages, lodge/hotel amenities (unless expressly stated as part of a prize), taxes and assessments (including, without limitation, income taxes, departure taxes, ticket taxes and customs user fees), gratuities, insurance, surcharges and other expenses incurred by accepting and using the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner’s companions must, as of the date of travel, be a legal resident of the United States and eighteen (18) years of age or older; provided, that a companion under eighteen (18) years old may accompany the winner if also accompanied by such minor companion’s parent or legal guardian. Each of winner’s companions must execute and deliver to Sponsor a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and, except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release in the form(s) provided by Sponsor by the date indicated for return on the document(s) prior to travel booking and travel documents being issued as a condition to booking or use of any component of the prize; which documents must also be executed by the accompanying parent or legal guardian for any minor companion on behalf of such parent or legal guardian and on behalf of the minor companion. Prize winner and his/her companion(s) are responsible for obtaining and providing proper travel and citizenship documentation in order to travel in connection with use of the Grand Prize, which may include passports, driver’s licenses and other valid photo identifications. Those without proper travel and citizenship documentation will be denied boarding and use of the Prize, in which case no consideration will be awarded.
For all prizes: Each prize is nontransferable, nonassignable, nonnegotiable, and not redeemable for cash or credit. Prize must be accepted as awarded. Each Prize is awarded “AS IS” with no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, made by Sponsor or for which Sponsor shall be liable, including, without limitation, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. No Prize substitutions, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right (but has no obligation) to substitute a prize (or a component thereof) with another prize of equal or greater value (including cash) if the Prize (or a component thereof) is not available for any reason as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Unused components of a Prize shall be forfeited and have no redeemable cash value. Winner is solely and fully responsible for any and all costs, fees, taxes, assessments and expenses associated with Prize award, redemption, receipt and use, including, without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes on the Prize. If applicable, winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the actual retail value of the Prize. Winners waive the right to assert as a cost of winning a Prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem the Prize. If a winner is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of primary residence, Prize may be awarded to the minor’s parent or legal guardian who must assume all responsibilities of the Prize winner. Non-compliance with any of the foregoing and any other condition of this Sweepstakes may result in disqualification and forfeiture of Prize, in which case, no consideration will be awarded.
8. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s (and its designees’, successors’ and assigns’) use of winner’s name, biography, likeness, voice, photographs, video, opinions, statements, hometown, state and country for promotional purposes in any manner or media (including, without limitation, online), worldwide, in perpetuity, and without further payment, consideration, attribution, notice, review or consent.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right to require entrants to complete, execute and deliver to Sponsor additional documents at any time as required, in the forms provided, and within the timeframe required by Sponsor, or the entrant and participants may be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if, in Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties or failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right (but does not have the obligation) in its sole discretion to award Prizes at
random from among eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of suspected impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision of these Official Rules.
10. RELEASE. By entering, each entrant forever and irrevocably releases and holds harmless Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective agents, advertising and promotion agencies, affiliates, Sweepstakes partners and prize suppliers, and Facebook, and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents from and against all claims, damages or liabilities arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s award, receipt or use of any prize awarded in the Sweepstakes.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, mutilated, altered, incomplete, or misdirected entries or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, hardware or software, including the Application; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any website or service including the Application;
(d) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (e) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors which may occur in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, or from viewing, playing or downloading any material from Sponsor’s website(s) or the Application, regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Sponsor’s websites or the Application by a hypertext link.
12. DISPUTES. Each entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in federal courts located in the City and County of Denver, Colorado or state courts located in Routt County, Colorado; entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the State of Colorado for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Colorado, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the State of Colorado, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Colorado.
14. OFFICIAL RULES. These Official Rules are available at the Sweepstakes website located at www.steamboat.com/boatloadsweeps, at Sponsor’s Facebook Fan Page at www.facebook.com/steamboatresort at the Sweepstakes section of the Fan Page or by sending a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to “2016-2017 Boat Load Sweepstakes – Rules Request,” c/o Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation, 2305 Mt. Werner Circle, Steamboat Springs, Colorado 80487 Attn: Angie Robinson. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
15. WINNERS’ LIST. To request a list of the Sweepstakes winners, send a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to “2016-2017 Boat Load Sweepstakes – Winners List Request,” c/o Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation, 2305 Mt. Werner Circle, Steamboat Springs, Colorado 80487 Attn: Angie Robinson. Requests must be received by May 30, 2017.