Sony – Superfan Altered – Win suite which includes a Sony 65” TV (Model #XBR 65X950G) PlayStation 4 Pro a Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Bundle and Sony Headphones (model #WH-100XM3) (ARV $3069.97).
SUPERFAN ALTERED|EGO CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Contest Period: Sony Rewards SuperFan Altered|Ego Contest (the “Contest”) begins June 11, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends July 9, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
2. Eligibility: Open to permanent legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are Sony Rewards Members and 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees of Sony Corporation of America (the “Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (collectively, the “Sponsor and its Administrators”), and their affiliates and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, assigns and agents and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, you may enter the Contest by visiting the Sony Rewards website at www.sonyrewards.com (the “Site”), registering to become a Sony Rewards member, if you are not a member already and thereafter, while you are signed into the Site by completing the registration form and uploading a photo of yourself dressed as a character from your favorite Sony movie, TV show or PlayStation game, along with a short essay explaining what makes you such a huge fan of such movie, show or game in 240 characters or less (the “Submission”). For reference, all eligible Sony movie, TV show or PlayStation game titles will be listed on the Site and any submissions that do not use a Sony character from one of these titles will not be eligible. All entry components submitted and Submissions uploaded (as applicable) shall herein be referred to as the “Contest Entry”. Limit one (1) Contest Entry per person. All Contest Entries must be completed and received by July 9, 2019 to be eligible. Contest Entries will be declared to be made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address associated with the entrant’s Sony Rewards account (the “Entrant”). The “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization (which may include an employer) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
Your Submission must be uploaded in accordance with the Sony Rewards Terms of Service at https://www.rewards.sony.com/terms.html. As indicated above, you must have a Sony Rewards account to enter. If you do not have a Sony Rewards account, visit the Site to create an account for free. By submitting a Contest Entry, you are agreeing to these Official Rules.
4. Contest Entry Requirements: By entering, you assign all right to your Contest Entry to Sponsor and in conjunction therewith, you agree to waive any rights you may have to the Contest Entry submitted. Photo must be no larger than 50MB and in the following formats: jpg, gif, png tiff, mp3, pdf psd, tif. Contest Entries received: a) be complete as indicated in this Section 4 to be eligible and must be in the entrant’s own words and created exclusively by the entrant submitting; b) cannot have been previously entered into a sweepstakes, contest or have been published; c) cannot be awaiting publication nor may they be submitted for publication consideration during or after the Contest Period; and d) the Entry must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights (other than Sony), including but not limited to privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. The Contest Entry, and all portions thereof, must not contain obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or inappropriate content, or be disparaging to Sponsor or any of its affiliates, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Contest Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, nor can Contest Entries defame or invade publicity rights or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Contest Entry from any source. All Contest Entries must be the sole, original work of the applicable Entrants. Any Contest Entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, inappropriate, disparaging, offensive or contains proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may disqualify the Entrant. Contest Entries should not contain any third-party logos, trademarks or materials, or otherwise violate or infringe (or possibly infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand (other than Sony). Sponsor may blur or black out the infringing logos, trademarks or material, in its sole discretion. Any costumes worn in the Submission must be official Sony merchandise or homemade. Automated, script, macro or robotic Contest Entries submitted by individuals will be disqualified. Contest Entries may be posted on the Sponsor’s website, and may be posted on other non-affiliated websites, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any Contest Entry not in compliance with the above or which does not meet the requirements of these Official Rules will be disqualified.
If your Contest Entry includes a photo depicting any other individual(s), you must make the other individuals aware that you are entering a photo which includes their photo and attest that the other individuals have agreed in writing that you may submit such photo; you must be the parent/legal guardian of any minors featured in the Contest Entry photo. In the event that a Contest Entry depicts any individuals other than the Entrant (who are 18 or older), Sony reserves the right to require that the applicable Entrant obtain the depicted individual’s permission in writing. By entering, you understand and agree that your Submission may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) be posted online for consumers to view on Sponsor-determined sites. Sponsor will only be posting select photos (in their sole discretion).
Sponsor reserves the right to remove from the Site any posted Submissions, in its sole discretion, even if the Submission has already been made available to the public. Participation is subject to disqualification of all Contest Entries, if multiple accounts are used by the same person, or if an Entrant is trying to circumvent the entrance requirements and restrictions in any other way, in Sponsor’s sole opinion. As applicable, normal Internet access and data/usage charges imposed by Entrants’ online/mobile service will apply.
Contest Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrants and winners acknowledge and agree that their Contest Entries, including the photos included therein, become the property of Sponsor, which thereby has the right use, reproduce, copy, publish, display, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, modify, and otherwise exploit the Contest Entries in any way it sees fit and to incorporate them in other works in any and all markets and media throughout the universe. In the event that such ownership rights do not attach to any Contest Entry, the applicable Entrant hereby grants to Sponsor the exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable right to use, reproduce, copy, publish, display, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, modify, and otherwise exploit the Contest Entry and to incorporate it in other works in any and all markets and media, whether now known or hereafter developed, throughout the universe in perpetuity. Entrants warrant that they have the sole and exclusive right to grant such rights to Sponsor, and that Sponsor’s reproduction, publishing, displaying, and/or other use or exploitation of the Submission will not infringe on any rights of third parties, including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark, privacy, or publicity rights, anywhere in the world.
5. Winner Determination: At the conclusion of the Contest Period, the Grand Prize will be determined from among all eligible Contest Entries, by Sponsor-selected judges, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Contest, and all Contest Entries will be judged based on the following criteria: Creativity- what has the Entrant done to make their Submission stand out (0-34 points), Articulation- Do the Contest Entry and photo tell a complete story? (0-33 points), and Adherence to the Theme- does it align with the theme of the Contest (0-33 points). In the event of a tie score, the tied Entries will be re-judged by a final internal Sony Judge based on the same judging criteria. The Contest Entry with the highest amount of points will be deemed the Grand Prize winner, subject to verification, as indicated below.
6. Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARVs”): There will be one (1) Grand Prize, which consists of: A Sony Product suite, which includes a Sony 65” TV (Model #XBR 65X950G), PlayStation 4 Pro, a Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Bundle and Sony Headphones (model #WH-100XM3) (ARV: $3,069.97). All products included in the Grand Prize are awarded “as is” without any warranty or guaranty of any kind. The ARV of any products listed in the Grand Prize are subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules, and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. If the actual purchase price of a product listed in the Grand Prize is less than the what is included in the ARV stated herein, the Grand Prize winner will NOT be entitled to a check, cash or other form of payment for the price difference. No substitution or transfer of the Grand Prize (or any product listed as part of the Grand Prize) is permitted except at the sole discretion of Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a product of equal or greater value. All federal, state or other tax liabilities arising from participation in the Contest or award of the Grand Prize will be the sole responsibility of the winner. The Grand Prize winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 from the Sponsor or Sponsor’s designee for the total ARV of the Grand Prize (as stated herein) in the calendar year won.
7. General Rules: The potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity release, and Assignment of Rights (collectively, “Affidavit”), except where prohibited, within seven (7) days of notification of him/her being a potential winner. If the potential Grand Prize winner fails to return the completed Affidavit within seven (7) days, or if the Affidavit is returned as undeliverable or if potential Grand Prize winner is deemed ineligible, the Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be determined based on the next highest score. An Affidavit will be sent to the potential Grand Prize winner via email. Return of prize/prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply to email may result in disqualification and alternate prize winner will be determined. The Grand Prize will be delivered within 6 – 8 weeks after winner confirmation.
Contest winner and all Entrants, as a condition of entry into the Contest, agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its Administrators, each of their respective agencies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Contest (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for (i) injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting a Contest Entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Contest, (ii) the receipt, ownership or use of prize awarded or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules, or (iii) the announcement or offering of the prize.
Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in the Contest or use or redemption of the prize. Acceptance of a prize constitutes the applicable winner’s permission for Sony and its affiliates to use winner’s names, likenesses, Contest Entry and Submission for any and all promotional purposes (including any possible public relations opportunities) without further compensation except where prohibited by law.
By entering, Entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; violates the Official Rules; acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Contest Entries in the Contest. Contest Entries generated by script or bot are not eligible. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest if it cannot be completed as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or corruption of any sort. In such event, Sponsor will award the Grand Prize from eligible Contest Entries received prior to cancellation as outlined above.
8. Applicable Laws and Jurisdiction: This Contest is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
This Contest shall be construed and governed according to the laws of the U.S. and the State of New York. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (i) the Contest, (ii) the awarding or redemption of the prize and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement or interpretation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Entrant agrees that his/her claim will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrant further agrees that any claim/judgment/award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in the Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and, under no circumstances will an Entrant be entitled to awards. Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Should any term of this Section be deemed void, unenforceable or contrary to law, such term shall, but only to the extent necessary to bring this Section within the requirements of law, be deemed to be severed from the other terms of these Official Rules, and the remainder of these Official Rules shall be given effect as if it had not included the severed term herein.
THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT.
9. Official Rules/Winners List: An additional copy of these Official Rules by which all Entrants are bound, or the winner information, may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Sony Rewards SuperFan Altered|Ego Photo Contest “Rules” or “Winner Information” (specify which), 25 Madison Ave., New York, NY 10010, to be received no later than August 30, 2019.
10. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of the Contest is Sony Corporation of America, 25 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10010. The Administrator of the Contest is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.