Sony Pictures Television – Shark Tank High School – Win a 3-day/2-night trip for the Grand Prize winner and up to three (3) guests (collectively
Shark Tank High School SweepstakesOFFICIAL RULES
To enter the Shark Tank High School Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), you (if a minor in your jurisdiction of residence [generally, under age 18], and your parent or legal guardian) must agree to and abide by these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU MUST HAVE INTERNET ACCESS, A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS AND TWITTER ACCOUNT TO PARTICIPATE.
ELIGIBILITY: SWEEPSTAKES OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, WHO ARE AT LEAST THIRTEEN (13) YEARS OF AGE AND ENROLLED AS A STUDENT AT A HIGH SCHOOL/SECONDARY SCHOOL (ACCREDITED PUBLIC OR PRIVATE/PAROCHIAL SCHOOL, GRADES 9 – 12) AT TIME OF ENTRY. SPONSORS’ DETERMINATIONS REGARDING WHETHER A PARTICULAR SCHOOL QUALIFIES AS A HIGH SCHOOL/SECONDARY SCHOOL AND/OR WHETHER AN ENTRANT IS ELIGIBLE SHALL BE FINAL AND BINDING AND NOT SUBJECT TO CHALLENGE OR APPEAL. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. SPONSORS: Sony Pictures Television Inc.,10202 West Washington Boulevard, Culver City, CA 90232; American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., 500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521 (“ABC”); and, Finnmax LLC, 245 N. Beverly Dr., Beverly Hills, CA 90210 (collectively, “Sponsors”).
2. ADMINISTRATOR: LeadDog Marketing Group, Inc., 440 9th Avenue, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10001 (“Administrator”).
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington, D.C., who are at least thirteen (13) years of age and enrolled as a student at a high school/secondary school (accredited public or private/parochial school, grades 9-12) at time of entry, and who have a valid email account, a valid Twitter account and Internet access. Employees of Sponsors, Administrator, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Media Source, Inc., Junior Library Guild, any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes, or supplying the prizes, and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, as well as persons involved in the production or broadcast (including talent, crew and past or current participants) of the current or any earlier seasons of the Shark Tank television show, and the entities owned and operated by those persons (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and the immediate family and household members of any of the foregoing individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether related or not. Potential winners may be required to provide proof of eligibility prior to prize award. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
4. SWEEPSTAKES SCHEDULE : The Sweepstakes begins on or about 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on Sunday, October 7, 2018 and ends at 3:00 a.m. ET on Tuesday, October 30, 2018 (“Promotion Period”). There will be four (4) separate and distinct Sweepstakes entry periods (collectively, “Entry Periods”) and a grand prize period (“Grand Prize Period”) as set forth in the chart below comprising the Promotion Period. For avoidance of doubt, the Sweepstakes will be dormant and inactive in between Entry Periods. Only entries that are received during the Entry Periods will be included in the Grand Prize drawing. As discussed below, each Entry Period, the Grand Prize Period and the Promotion Period itself are contingent upon each first-run primetime broadcast episode of the Shark Tank television show (“Show”) being initially aired in its entirety on ABC on Sunday 10/7/18 from 10:00pm ET – 11:00pm ET and on the following Sunday evenings from 9:00pm ET – 10:00pm ET. Check your local listings for exact show time in your time zone. If ABC determines in its sole discretion that such airing must be interrupted or pre-empted in whole or in part for any reason (e.g., weather emergency or breaking news), the affected Entry Period(s) and Promotion Period will be adjusted accordingly with notice of such action being posted on the official U.S. Shark Tank page on Twitter (@ABCSharkTank). No entries will be accepted after October 30, 2018 at 3:00 am ET. For purposes of these Official Rules, all times and days are Eastern Time. Administrator’s computer is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
Begin Date & Time
Entry Period #1
10:00 pm ET on 10/7/18
3:00 am ET on 10/9/18
Entry Period #2
9:00 pm ET on 10/14/18
3:00 am ET on 10/16/18
Entry Period #3
9:00 pm ET on 10/21/18
3:00 am ET on 10/23/18
Entry Period #4
9:00 pm ET on 10/28/18
3:00 am ET on 10/30/18
Grand Prize Period*
10:00 pm ET on 10/7/18
3:00 am ET on 10/30/18
* Only entries received during one of the four (4) Entry Periods will be included in the Grand Prize drawing.
5. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY : Each week you must watch the airing of an episode during the current season of the Shark Tank television show on ABC, scheduled to take place at 10:00pm ET on the first day (10/7/18) and at 9:00pm ET on the following Sundays of each Entry Period.
To submit an entry during each Entry Period, send a Tweet with the answer to the question: “What important business lesson did you learn from tonight’s episode?” and include the hashtag #SharkTankSchoolSweepstakes as part of your response. DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR HIGH SCHOOL NAME or additional comments or photos with your Tweet or you may be disqualified at Sponsors’ sole discretion.
Partial or incomplete/piecemeal submissions (e.g., Tweeting your answer to the Sweepstakes question without the hashtag #SharkTankSchoolSweepstakes; Tweeting the hashtag #SharkTankSchoolSweepstakes without your answer) will NOT BE ACCEPTED.
BY SUBMITTING A TWEET ALONG WITH THE HASHTAG #SHARKTANKSCHOOLSWEEPSTAKES ON TWITTER, YOU AND YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN (IF A MINOR IN YOUR JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE) ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND FULLY AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. DO NOT SUBMIT A TWEET WITHOUT FIRST REVIEWING THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
Tweet must be the original work of the entrant (DO NOT COPY OTHERS’ WORKS, IN WHOLE OR IN PART; THIS INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO ANSWERS PREVIOUSLY TWEETED BY OTHER PERSONS. YOU MUST OTHERWISE COMPLY WITH THE CONTENT GUIDELINES BELOW AND OTHER TERMS HEREIN). DO NOT INCLUDE OR REFERENCE ANYBODY OTHER THAN YOURSELF IN THE TWEET. Do NOT include personal information (e.g., your name, e-mail address, phone number, high school name) in the Tweet itself as it is publicly viewable; if Tweet contains personal information, it is your sole responsibility to remove all such personal information from the Tweet before posting the Tweet from your Twitter account for the Sweepstakes. Among other points, Tweet must comply with these Official Rules in all respects, including without limitation, the Content Guidelines below.
Once submitted, Tweets cannot be modified by entrant, and will not be returned. By submitting a Tweet, entrant (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) gives permission (and warrants and represents that he/she has obtained all rights necessary to give such permission and grant the license herein described, to Sponsors, and their designees and hereby grants Sponsors and their designees a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, sub-licensable, non-exclusive license (herein “License”) to post entrant’s Tweet, on any media and through any means now known or hereafter devised, including without limitation, the World Wide Web, and to otherwise use entrant’s Tweet, without compensation in accordance with the requirements of this Sweepstakes and the advertising, promotion, and publicity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors’ products and services, and otherwise, as stated in these Official Rules (as solely determined by Sponsors). Such License will be confirmed by potential winners (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) upon Sponsors’ request and potential winners (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) agree to timely complete, sign and deliver any and all necessary documents, including without limitation, documents setting forth any licenses, releases and indemnities that Sponsors in their sole discretion may require, without condition or compensation of any kind. Sponsors’ failure to receive all documentation from all individuals within the prescribed timeframe, in each instance as required by Sponsors in their sole discretion, will result in the disqualification of the entry and, at Sponsors’ option, the selection of another entry as a potential winner.
You may only use one (1) Twitter account to participate in the Sweepstakes. To be eligible for the Sweepstakes, Tweets must be submitted in compliance with the format and other requirements set forth on Twitter; such requirements being made a part of these Official Rules and incorporated herein by reference. All Tweets must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at the Twitter Web Site. Important note: If your Twitter account is set to “protected mode,” your updates/responses may not be visible in the @ABCSharkTank timeline on Twitter and may not thus be received unless you previously consented to permit @ABCSharkTank to see your Twitter updates. Do not use the hashtag #SharkTankSchoolSweepstakes for purposes other than participation in the Sweepstakes.
If you opt to access Twitter via your wireless mobile device, data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions.
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned (in whole or in part), including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures beyond Sponsors’ control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes and/or the interruption or pre-emption of any applicable scheduled first-run primetime broadcast of an episode of the current season of Shark Tank on ABC during the Promotion Period due to weather emergency or breaking news or other reason (as determined by ABC in its sole discretion), Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process (whether or not the individual is a participant in the Sweepstakes), and/or to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (in whole or in part). In such event, Sponsors reserve the right to conduct the Sweepstakes and award the prizes by means of random drawing comprised of all eligible entries received for such affected Entry Period prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by Sponsors or otherwise in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. Notice of termination/modification/suspension of Sweepstakes will be posted on the official U.S. Shark Tank Twitter page (@ABCSharkTank). Without limitation of any other term here, Sponsors and their agencies are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, technical failures of any kind affecting the Sweepstakes generally and/or the scheduled broadcast of episodes of the current season of Shark Tank on ABC specifically (including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software), any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries or Sweepstakes Tweets; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received or for any Sweepstakes Tweet to be accessible on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes. Sponsors and their agencies also expressly disclaim any responsibility for entries not received and/or Sweepstakes Tweets not being accessible due to filtering or other operation of the functionality of Twitter.
Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from participating in the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSORS MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PERSON, WHETHER OR NOT THE INDIVIDUAL IS A PARTICIPANT IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
6. CONTENT GUIDELINES:
In addition to complying with all other requirements of these Official Rules and/or on Twitter; each Tweet must contain an answer to the question: “What important business lesson did you learn from tonight’s episode?” along with the hashtag #SharkTankSchoolSweepstakes. Each Tweet must also comply with the following guidelines (“Content Guidelines”). Any Tweet that Sponsors/Administrator, in their sole discretion, determine is in violation of the preceding requirement or any Content Guideline may be disqualified.
Each entry/Tweet must not:
• Contain content, image(s) or material that violates or infringes any third party rights of any kind, including without limitation, any third party privacy, publicity, trade secret and/or intellectual property rights, including third party registered and/or common law copyrights and trademarks;
• Disparage Sponsors, Administrator, the Shark Tank show, any other person or entity affiliated with the Sweepstakes (including current or past talent or participants on the Shark Tank show), the products/services of participants on any Shark Tank show; the products/services of any companies sponsoring the Shark Tank show; or products, services or entities that are competitive with any of the foregoing;
• Contain brand names, trademarks or logos of any third party other than those owned by or licensed to Sponsors, subject to the Tweet complying with all other requirements of these Official Rules (including these Content Guidelines) and/or on Twitter; entrant has a limited, non-exclusive, revocable license to use Sponsors’ trademarks solely and only to incorporate them in his/her Tweet submitted in this Sweepstakes*;
• Contain content, images, artwork or other creative elements not created by and original to entrant;
• Contain content, images or other material that is misleading, inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous as determined by Administrator;
• Contain content, images or other material that reflects, advocates or promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, harm or exploitation of or against any class, group or individual, discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or actions or activities that are restricted, prohibited, illegal or unlawful (including without limitation, the consumption of alcohol or any other controlled substances);
• Contain content, images or other material that is unlawful or in violation of or contrary to any applicable federal or state laws or regulations;
• Have been previously submitted in a promotion of any kind, or published, posted, exhibited or displayed publicly for commercial use by any means and in any form or media.
In addition to the foregoing, the Tweet cannot:
• Contain executable programming of any kind, including without limitation, viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spyware, malware, time bombs, Easter eggs, cancel bots or any kind of malicious or benign computer programming whatsoever; and
• Contain encrypted content of any kind, including without limitation, encoded messages.
If a file and/or Tweet cannot be opened, viewed and/or accessed by Sponsors or Administrator for any reason whatsoever, that file and/or Tweet shall be disqualified without any fault or liability of the Released Parties, as defined below.
*Sponsors grant to each qualified entrant a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, revocable right to use the trademarks associated with the Show solely for purposes of and limited to including them in the Tweets submitted in this Sweepstakes; such right and license will automatically expire without further act of any party at the expiration of the Promotion Period, unless specifically extended on an individual basis by Sponsors in writing in their sole discretion. Any other use of Sponsors’ and/or its licensors’ trademarks will be a violation of Sponsors’ or their applicable licensor’s intellectual property rights. Sponsors’ items (including the trademarks) cannot be modified, adapted, or edited by entrant; the preceding only excludes modifications due to technological limitations or malfunctions.
7. RANDOM DRAWINGS/SELECTION OF WINNERS/ODDS :
Potential prize winners will be selected via a series of random drawings. Each Entry Period drawing will occur on or about the next business day following the conclusion of that Entry Period (generally, the following Wednesday) from among all eligible entries received during that Entry Period. All non-winning entries from any Entry Period will NOT be carried forward to subsequent Entry Period(s). All eligible entries received during all four (4) Entry Periods will be included in the Grand Prize drawing that corresponds with the Grand Prize Period, which shall take place on or about October 30, 2018. For the avoidance of doubt, if an Entry is otherwise in compliance with these Official Rules (including but not limited to the Content Guidelines in Section 6 above), the content of the Entry will NOT be taken into account in the winner selection process. Drawings will be conducted by LeadDog Marketing Group, Inc., an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
Odds of winning a prize depend on total number of eligible entries received for applicable Entry Period or Grand Prize Period.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION :
Potential Winners will be notified by direct message on Twitter from the @ABCSharkTank Twitter account. It is recommended that you follow @ABCSharkTank on Twitter and confirm your notification settings are turned on. Entrants are encouraged to regularly check their direct messages following the conclusion of the applicable Entry Period. The initial verification notification (direct message) will request each potential winner email the Administrator at a specific email address for further instruction on how to claim the applicable prize. Failure to respond to the initial verification notice within seventy-two (72) hours with all required information, or if initial verification notice is undeliverable after two (2) attempts will result in disqualification. Potential winners (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) may be required to sign and return within three (3) business days, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, W-9 tax form, Background Check form, and a Publicity Release where allowed by law (“Winner Documents”). If the Winner Documents are not returned to Sponsors within specified time period (if applicable), a potential winner may be disqualified. If a potential winner is disqualified, prize will be awarded to an alternate winner selected in a random drawing from all remaining non-winning eligible entries received during the applicable Entry or Grand Prize Period. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any Entrant, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the email account associated with the Twitter account used to participate in the Sweepstakes. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
9. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”): Four (4) First Prize Winners (one  First Prize per each of the four (4) Entry Periods): Each First prize winner will receive a video chat experience with a Shark Tank cast member (i.e., one of the Sharks) from the current Shark Tank television show (i.e., a “Shark”) (subject to availability and restrictions, as discussed below) and one (1) Shark Tank prize pack which includes: one (1) backpack, one (1) t-shirt, and an assortment of pens. Contents of each prize pack will be determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. ARV of each First Prize: $75.00. There is no retail value associated with the video chat experience portion of the First Prize.
The Video Chat experience with a Shark (specific Shark to be selected at Sponsors’ sole discretion) consists of one ten to fifteen (10-15) minute conversation with a Shark to be conducted via video conference* on a mutually agreed-upon date and time subject to the Shark’s professional availability within thirty (30) days of winner confirmation.
If a First Prize winner is unavailable on such date/time once scheduled for any reason, First Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and the Sponsors will have no liability to the First Prize winner. Video chat experience is planned to last approximately ten to fifteen (10-15) minutes; but, should duration of video chat be less than ten (10) minutes, Sponsors (as well as Administrator) shall not have any liability of any kind. If a First Prize winner is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must give permission for the winner to participate in the video chat and must also be present during the session. Video chat experience may not be private and may include one or more representatives of Sponsors. Sponsors and/or their designees may, and First Prize winner and parent and/or legal guardian grant permission, to record the video chat experience for among other purposes, possible use for advertising/promotional purposes and/or in an episode of the Show itself. To the fullest extent permitted by law, each First Prize winner (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) grants to Sponsors and their designees any and all copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other legal or moral rights in the video chat experience, without further consent or compensation of any kind. Each First Prize winner (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) agrees upon the request of Sponsors and/or their designees and without compensation of any kind, to execute any additional documents so as to effect, record or perfect such grant of rights. Each First Prize winner (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) agrees to act in an appropriate, well-behaved and respectful manner toward the Shark during and in conjunction with the video chat experience. Failure to do so (as determined by Sponsors and/or the management and representation of the Shark in their sole discretion) will result in immediate termination of the video chat experience. In all cases where video chat experience is so terminated, Sponsors (as well as Administrator) shall not have any liability to First Prize winner under any legal theory and reserve the right to withhold the prize pack portion of the prize as well as seek legal sanctions if they see fit. A First Prize winner (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) further agrees not to record, stream, otherwise publish, or make available to any third party the video chat experience.
*If First Prize winner does not have access to video conference technology, video chat experience will instead be conducted via telephone.
Each First Prize winner (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) further understands and agrees that the participation of a Shark is subject to his/her availability and professional commitments. Should a Shark be unable to participate in the video chat experience for any reason, the liability of Sponsors and the management and representation of the Shark (as well as Administrator) shall be limited to the award of the Shark Tank prize pack. There is no retail value associated with the video chat experience portion of the First Prize.
One (1) Grand Prize winner: One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a 3-day/2-night trip for the Grand Prize winner and up to three (3) guests (collectively, “Group”) to Los Angeles, CA to attend a taping of Shark Tank and meet two (2) or more of the Sharks (“Trip”). The Grand Prize includes: round-trip, coach-class air transportation for the Grand Prize winner and up to three (3) guests to Los Angeles, CA area from an airport near Grand Prize winner’s residence; 3-day/2-night hotel accommodations (one room, quadruple occupancy) in a hotel of Sponsors’ choice in the Los Angeles area; round trip ground transportation to and from Los Angeles area airport and hotel, as well as round trip ground transportation to and from hotel and the Shark Tank set. Grand Prize winner alone will receive one (1) Shark Tank prize pack which includes: one (1) backpack, one (1) t-shirt, and an assortment of pens. Contents of prize pack will be determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. ARV of Grand Prize: $5,075.00.
Sponsors make no representation as to the participation of any Sharks and/or specific Sharks in the meet and greet component of the Grand Prize. Exact Sharks to be available for meeting portion of the Grand Prize will be determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. Sponsors representative(s) and other individuals may also be present during meeting. Sharks may or may not, in their sole discretion, pose for photographs or autograph items for Grand Prize winner and group. Additional restrictions may apply to meeting.
At least one (1) of the Grand Prize winner’s travel companions must be their parent or legal guardian, unless the Grand Prize winner is of the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence. Grand Prize trip must be taken in or around June 2019 (exact dates to be determined by Sponsors based on projected taping schedule of the Show; exact dates to be provided no later than time of Grand Prize winner notification). Once travel is booked, travel dates cannot be changed unless by Sponsors in their sole discretion. If Grand Prize winner is unable to travel once the travel dates are booked, the Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and Sponsors will have no further obligations to the Grand Prize winner. Grand Prize winner and guest(s) must travel together on specified itinerary, including same departure date, destination and return date or Grand Prize may be forfeited in its entirety. Certain documentation and requirements may be necessary for travel, such as photo identification. Grand Prize winner and his/her guest are solely responsible for any documentation and requirements and determining applicable procedures and restrictions. In addition, the Grand Prize winner (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) may be required to present a valid credit card at the hotel at the time of check-in. Grand Prize winner and guests must provide own transportation to and from departure airport.
In the event the Grand Prize winner is able to participate in the trip as scheduled but the Show taping and/or meeting with Sharks do not or cannot take place as scheduled or at all, for reasons including but not limited to scheduling conflicts, cancellations, postponement, location changes, an event of force majeure, or for any other reason, Sponsors reserve the right to award the remainder of the prize with no further obligation to the Grand Prize winner. Show taping and meeting with Sharks are subject to, and Sponsors are not responsible for, changes to production schedule, production exigencies or delays, postponements or cancellation of the Show.
There is no retail value associated with the Show taping and meeting with Sharks portions of the Grand Prize. Actual final value of the Grand Prize may vary depending upon point of departure, dates of trip once finally determined, and fare fluctuations; and, under no circumstances will winner receive the difference between ARV and actual final value of Grand Prize trip in cash. If Grand Prize winner lives within 150 miles of the Los Angeles area (as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion), he/she will receive, in lieu of air transportation, round-trip local transportation between Grand Prize winner’s residence and hotel and no additional prize or compensation will be awarded. Grand Prize trip is for the Grand Prize winner and his/her guest(s), is non-transferable and cannot be extended beyond the date set forth above. The Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for all other expenses related to trip not specified herein, including but not limited to: roundtrip transportation between winner’s residence and departure airport, airline baggage fees, tips, taxes, travel insurance and hotel incidentals. Air transportation tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All air transportation tickets are subject to the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages and schedule or route changes. Sponsors and their agencies are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay.
Grand Prize winner’s guests (if any guest is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) must sign and return a travel release prior to issuance of any travel documents. If any guest of the winner is a minor, he/she must be accompanied on the Trip by his/her parent or legal guardian, who will be counted as an allotted guest on the Trip. Trip is for Grand Prize winner and up to three (3) guests of the Grand Prize winner’s choosing. If Grand Prize winner chooses to bring less than three (3) guests, Grand Prize will be awarded in increments suitable for the actual number of travelers with no substitute prize or compensation being provided to the Grand Prize winner.
Grand Prize winner and his/her guest(s) must follow all instructions of Sponsors and/or Show personnel (as applicable) relative to the Grand Prize trip. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of the prize. Should Grand Prize winner and/or guest(s) fail to adhere to any such instructions or engage in unruly, obnoxious, illegal, threatening, or otherwise inappropriate behavior (as determined by Sponsors or Show personnel in their sole discretion), Sponsors reserve the right, without further notice or warning, to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send Grand Prize winner and/or winner’s travel guest home and/or take other actions as Sponsors deem appropriate in their sole discretion without any liability or other obligation to winner or guest(s).
If any winner is a minor, the applicable prize will be awarded for the benefit of the minor to his/her parent or legal guardian, who will be solely responsible on behalf of the minor for all applicable documentation and taxes. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitutions allowed, except as set forth in these Rules and at Sponsors’ sole discretion, a prize of comparable or equal value will be provided. Federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Limit of one (1) prize per person/family/household.
All federal, state and/or local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian), who will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual final retail value of the Grand Prize.
10. CONDITIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY : By participating, each entrant (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) agrees: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors and Administrator, which shall be final in all respects; and (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless the Promotion Entities, Twitter Inc., Facebook, Inc. each of their respective advertising and promotion agencies, each of the foregoing entities’ respective parent, subsidiary, related, affiliated and successor companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, and/or from entrant’s (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) acceptance, receipt, use or misuse of any prize. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee of any kind regarding all Prizes, including the warranty of merchantability or fitness for intended purpose.
By accepting a prize, winners (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) grants Sponsors, and their designees permission to use their name, voice, likeness, photograph, prize information, biographical data and city and state of residence on a winners’ list and for programming, publicity and promotional purposes, worldwide in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsors and their designees are not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsors’ sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. Sweepstakes subject to the laws of the United States only. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged.
11. DISPUTES/ ARBITRATION / CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, entrants (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the awarding of prizes/determination of prize winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of JAMS, then effective (notwithstanding the foregoing, entrant shall not be precluded from seeking relief in small claims court for disputes/claims within the scope of the jurisdiction of small claims court and any remedies available to entrant under applicable federal, state or local law remain available to entrant and are not waived pursuant to this section); (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any and all rights to injunctive relief. The arbitrator hearing such dispute/claim/cause of action shall be neutral and the entrant (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) will have a reasonable opportunity to participate in the selection of the arbitrator. Such arbitration will take place at a location near the entrant’s residence and the entrant (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) has the right to an in-person hearing in the arbitration proceeding, if desired. The arbitration will allow for the discovery and/or exchange of non-privileged information between entrant (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) and Sponsors. Should an entrant (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) initiate arbitration pursuant to this section, the entrant (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) shall be responsible for JAMS’s fees to do so (approximately, $250), with all other costs of such arbitration being borne solely by Sponsors. If entrant (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) is a California resident and Sponsors are the prevailing party in such arbitration, such entrant will not be responsible for Sponsors’ costs and fees in conjunction with the arbitration proceeding; BUT, IN ALL OTHER CASES, ENTRANT WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH COSTS/FEES IF REQUIRED BY THE ARBITRATOR’S RULING. For the avoidance of doubt, the requirement to arbitrate disputes pursuant to this section is reciprocal and binding both upon entrants (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) and Sponsors. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) and/or Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of New York or any other jurisdiction, and all proceedings shall take place in the City of New York, County of New York.
12. WINNER’S LIST:
For the list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Shark Tank High School Sweepstakes Winners, c/o LeadDog Marketing Group, 440 9th Avenue, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10001. All such requests must be received by November 30, 2018.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Inc. or Facebook, Inc. By participating in the promotion, you are providing your information to Sponsors, not to Twitter, Inc.