Sony Interactive Entertainment – Playstation Plus Festival Of Play Competition Sweepstsakes Sweepstakes
By participating in the PlayStation Plus Festival of Play Competition (the “Promotion”) you agree to accept these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are final and binding in all respects and not subject to appeal.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, WIN OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE or payment WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’s CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Promotion is set out in the table below for Participating Countries/Regions.
Sony Interactive Entertainment Network Europe Limited
10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom
If you live in the European Economic Area, we act through our branch in the Netherlands at Olympia 1, 1213NS Hilversum, Netherlands under establishment number 000051647869.
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, New Zealand, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom (“SIEE Region”)
Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC
2207 Bridgepointe Parkway, San Mateo, CA 94404, United States
Argentina, Canada, Mexico and United States* (“SIEA Region”)
*Valid in the 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia. Promotion void in U.S. territories, possessions, and overseas military installations, and where otherwise prohibited or restricted by law.
Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc
1-6-27, Konan, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-8270, Japan
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion begins on February 15, 2023 at 08:30 United States of America Pacific Time and ends on February 24, 2023 at 23:59:59 United States of America Pacific Time (“Overall Promotion Period”). The Sponsor’s computer is the Promotion official clock.
3. Eligibility: This Promotion is open only to an individual who: (i) is a legal resident of the Participating Countries/Regions, (ii) is at least eighteen (18) years and the legal age of majority in the individual’s state/territory/province of residence at the time of entry, and (iii) has an account for PlayStationTM Network (“PSN Account”). Each such individual is an “Entrant”.
Employees of any Sony Group company (such as Sony Interactive Entertainment or Sony Electronics), and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Promotion Entities”) and each of their immediate family members (e.g., spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses and the “steps” of each, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household of each, and those with whom they are domiciled, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Participation in this Promotion constitutes an Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions and interpretations, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. For purposes of the Promotion, the Sponsor may contact Entrants by e-mail. The Sponsor will use the e-mail address associated with their PSN ID which they submitted at the time of entry. Entrants will not be allowed to change their e-mail address.
For Argentina and Mexico, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part thereof provided that prior notice is given to participants.
4. HOW TO ENTER
During the Overall Promotion Period, each Entrant from a Participating Country/Region will have the chance to win a Prize by answering three questions that will appear on this page , submitting their details and accepting the Official Rules.
Entrants must sign-in to their PSN Account using their PSN ID (if not already signed in).
Once signed-in, Entrants must follow the links and instructions to answer the questions they have been allocated.
For U.S. residents only. Alternate Method of Entry: To enter via email, you must send an e-mail to SIE-PlayStation-Plus@sony.com with “PlayStation Plus Festival of Play Competition” as the subject of your message and include your full name, street address, city, state, postal code, email address and ten-digit telephone number in the body of the e-mail.
Entry Limit: There is a limit of one (1) entry per individual during the Overall Promotion Period. If more than one (1) entry is received from the same individual, all such entries may, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified. Entrants are prohibited from using more than one (1) e-mail address, account, or multiple identities. If it is found or suspected that an entrant is using more than one e-mail address or multiple identities to participate in the Promotion, then that entrant, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, may be disqualified and may not be eligible to win a prize.
IMPORTANT: Message and data rates may apply if an Entrant enters this PROMOTION on THEIR mobile device. Entrants should consult their MOBILE provider’s pricing plans. Mobile entry is not required to enter or win a prize in THIS PROMOTION.
5. WINNER DETERMINATION FOR PRIZES
Entrants who correctly answer all three questions will be pooled according to whether they are based in the SIEE Region, SIEA Region or SIEI Region.
Each Region has a dedicated selection of Prizes (each a “Prize Pool”), which shall be allocated to potential winners by chance.
The probability of winning a Prize shall be determined by the number of Entrants who correctly answer all three questions.
Region of Participant
1 x Sony technology bundle, consisting of
– 1 x 65X90K Full Array TV
– 1 x Soundbar, HT-A5000
– 1 pair of Headphones, WH-1000XM5
All potential winners will be confirmed by the Sponsor on or before 23:59:59 Pacific Time on March 10 2023.
Each potential winner will receive a communication from the Sponsor which will be sent to the email address associated with their PSN Account to inform them of their win.
To facilitate delivery of Prizes, the relevant Sponsor will ask winners for the following: full name, residential address, phone number, and VAT/Tax ID (where applicable) (“Delivery Information”).
The Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of each Prize bundle per Region is $2,497 USD.
Prizes will be delivered by Sponsor (or a prize fulfiment partner) to each winner’s residential address within fifteen (15) business days of receiving a winner’s Delivery Information and verifying the winner’s eligibility. Deliveries to PO Boxes are not permitted.
Except where prohibited, all applicable federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of individual winners.
For Residents of Canada: Before being declared a confirmed prize winner, a potential winner will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid in order to claim a prize.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: NOTHING IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL EXCLUDE OR IN ANY WAY LIMIT THE SPONSOR’S LIABILITY FOR FRAUD, WILLFUL MISCONDUCT, DEATH, OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE, OR ANY OTHER LIABILITY TO THE EXTENT SUCH LIABILITY MAY NOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED AS A MATTER OF LAW. By participating in this Promotion, Entrants agree that the Promotion Entities and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers and each their respective officers, directors, stockholders, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (i) lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due or undeliverable e-mail/text notifications or postal mail; (ii) any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability; (iii) garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/network accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; (iv) any technical, mechanical, printing or typographical or other error; (v) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information; (vi) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Promotion; (vii) any injury or damage, to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Promotion and/or accepting a Prize; and (viii) entries that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules. Further, the Promotion Entities are not responsible for any unanswered or undeliverable winner notifications.
By entering the Promotion, each Entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules, including entry requirements; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his/her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Promotion; and (iii) to forever and irrevocably agree to release and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Promotion, including, but not limited to, any Promotion-related activity or element thereof, and the Entrant’s entries, participation or inability to participate in the Promotion; (b) the violation of any third-party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights; (c) acceptance, attendance at, receipt, travel related to, participation in, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of a Prize (or any component thereof); (d) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof); (e) human error; (f) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties; (g) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof); or (h) the negligence or willful misconduct by Entrant.
If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion (with prior notice) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and/or proceed with the Promotion, including the selection of a winner in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including the selection of a winner from among eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. In no event will more Prizes be awarded than are stated in these Official Rules. In the event that, due to technical, typographical, mechanical, administrative, printing, production, computer or other errors, there are more winners than are stated in these Official Rules, a random drawing among the claimants will be held to determine the winner.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING THE PRIZES, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
7. GOVERNING LAW: To the extent permitted by applicable laws, these Rules and any disputes arising under them or related to the Promotion will be governed as set forth below:
Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited
For Entrants who reside within the SIEE Region and are outside the European Economic Area, these Rules shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the parties (each Entrant and the Sponsor) shall submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
For Entrants who reside within the SIEE region and are inside the European Economic Area, these Rules shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Netherlands, but you will have the additional protection of the mandatory laws of the country in which you live. The mandatory laws of the country in which you live take priority over the laws of the Netherlands.
Sony Interactive Entertainment, LLC
For Entrants who reside in a country within the SIEA Region, these are Rules governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California, without regard to conflict-of-law rules. Any dispute not subject to arbitration and not initiated in small claims court may be brought by either party in a court of competent jurisdiction in either the Superior Courts for the State of California in and for the County of San Mateo or in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California.
Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
For Entrants who reside within the SIEI Region, these Rules shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Japan and the parties (each Entrant and the Sponsor) shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Tokyo District Court.
Entrant and Regional Sponsor each submits itself to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the respective courts set forth above, and waives all jurisdictional, venue and inconvenient forum objections to those courts. In any litigation to enforce any part of this agreement, all costs and fees, including attorney’s fees, will be paid by the non-prevailing party.
For Argentina and Mexico: participation comprises the express authorization for the public dissemination, transmission, retransmission, reproduction or publication of the filming, photographs, images or image and / or voice recordings and / or Personal Data of the Entrants in general and the winner(s) in particular, in all and any means of communication (visual, audio or other including presentations by air television, antenna, cable, satellite, radio, Internet, etc.) for any purpose during the term of the competition and up to three (3) years after its completion, without the Entrant having the right to claim compensation or compensation. The Entrants guarantee that there are no third parties that have exclusive rights over the exhibition, publication, diffusion and / or reproduction of voice and / or personal data. Otherwise, they undertake to hold the Sponsor harmless from any claim that third parties may make for this reason. Entrants acknowledge that participation does not cause them any financial damage, therefore, they waive any claim they may make due to the decrease in their income.
For Argentina: PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA: Entrants can access data provided free of charge at intervals of not less than six (6) months, unless a legitimate interest to that effect is proven in accordance with the provisions of article 14, paragraph 3 of Law No. 25,326. The NATIONAL DIRECTORATE FOR THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA, Control Body of Law No. 25,326.
9. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in this Promotion, each Entrant agrees to allow the Sponsor to use their PSN ID and avatar in connection with the reasonable publicity of the Promotion on PlayStation channels.
10. GENERAL: Any attempted form of participation in this Promotion other than as described herein is void. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant found or suspected, in their sole and absolute discretion, to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of this Promotion. Any attempted form of participation in this Promotion other than as in these Official Rules is void. If it is discovered that a person has registered or attempted to register more than once using multiple phone numbers, e-mail addresses, residential addresses, multiple identities, IP addresses, use of proxy servers, or like methods, all of that person’s entries will be declared null and void and that person will not be awarded any Prize that he/she might have been entitled to receive. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Promotion will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. Entrants and/or potential winners may be required to provide proof of identification and eligibility as required by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted on the registration form associated with such entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If any provision of these Official Rules or any word, phrase, clause, sentence, or other portion thereof should be held unenforceable or invalid for any reason, then that provision or portion thereof shall be modified or deleted in such manner as to render the remaining provisions of these Official Rules valid and enforceable. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or the Prize documents will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. No entrant shall have the right to modify or amend these Official Rules. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision and such provision shall remain in full force and effect. All entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Promotion details contained in these Official Rules and Promotion details contained in any promotional materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television and print advertising, promotional packaging and other promotional media), the details of the Promotion as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
11. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, interested individuals should mail a self-addressed stamped business envelope to the addresses set out in the following table for your region:
Winners List, – PlayStation Plus Festival of Play Competition, 2207 Bridgepointe Parkway, San Mateo, CA 94404, United States
Winners List, – PlayStation Plus Festival of Play Competition, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom
Winners List, – PlayStation Plus Festival of Play Competition, 1-6-27, Konan, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-8270, Japan
Requests for a list of winners must be received no later than 30 days after the end of the Overall Promotion Period.
©2023 Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC. All rights reserved.