Sony – Horizon Zero Dawn – beat The Game Sweepstakes
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Horizon Zero Dawn – Beat the Game Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to permanent legal residents of the 50 states of the U.S. or D.C. (excluding Puerto Rico, Guam and all other U.S. and foreign territories and possessions), who (i) are currently physically located and residing therein, and (ii) are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the time of entry. Entrants must also have either a valid Social Security number or a valid U.S. Individual Taxpayer Identification Number to participate. Employees of Sony Electronics Inc., Card Marketing and Services Company, (“Sponsor”), Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC, Guerrilla Games, Enteractive Solutions Group, Inc. (“Sweepstakes Administrator”), Merkle Corporation, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in or associated with the production, design, printing, development, implementation or handling of the Sweepstakes, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, the above entities’ respective parents, subsidiaries, and related companies, the above entities’ officers, directors, affiliates, licensees, and service providers (collectively “Sweepstakes Entities”), members of such persons’ immediate families (spouses, domestic partners, children, siblings, parents, grandparents, the “steps” of each), and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
2. Sweepstakes Description: The Sweepstakes consists of a promotion in which potential entrants can enter the Sweepstakes by visiting https://www.rewards.sony.com/BeatHZDsweeps (“Website”) and following the instructions on the Website during the period between 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on January 19, 2022 and 11:59:59 p.m. PT on February 16, 2022 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Any non-Sony Rewards member who visits the Website can become a member of Sony Rewards, and in conjunction with signing up and beating Horizon Zero Dawn (the “Game”), will receive an entry into the Sweepstakes, as further detailed below in Section 3. In the event that an individual that is already a Sony Rewards member visits the Website, he/she will be entered into the Sweepstakes only after beating the Game and subsequently logging into his/her Sony Rewards account through the Website and following the online instructions to be entered into the Sweepstakes as further detailed below. Individuals that do not want to become a member of Sony Rewards and/or play and beat the Game (as detailed below) may participate in the Sweepstakes by using an alternative method of entry (“AMOE”), as indicated below. The Sweepstakes has available three (3) prizes consisting of both digital and physical Sony merchandise as outlined in Section 4 (“Prizes”). ET shall control for all purposes of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s computer shall be the official clock for purposes of the Sweepstakes. The potential winning of any Prize is subject to verification, as set forth below. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. How to Enter: TO OBTAIN AN ENTRY, YOU MUST (I) BE A SONY REWARDS MEMBER, OR (II) BECOME A REGISTERED SONY REWARDS MEMBER, AS INDICATED BELOW, AND (III) BE ABLE TO BEAT THE GAME, AS DETAILED BELOW, OR (IV) USE THE ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF ENTRY INDICATED BELOW. IF YOU ARE ALREADY A SONY REWARDS MEMBER, DO NOT REGISTER FOR A SECOND SONY REWARDS ACCOUNT.
If you are a Sony Rewards Member, to enter the Sweepstakes, you must visit the Website and log into your Sony Rewards account with your username and password through the Website. If you are not a Sony Rewards member, you can register to become a member by visiting the Website and then clicking on the “Join Now” text link to access the Sony Rewards registration form. You must complete the following information on the registration form to become a member of Sony Rewards: First Name; Last Name; E-mail Address (E-mail Address must be confirmed as part of the enrollment process); and your choice of Password (collectively, “Registration Information”). In order to receive an entry, an entrant must own and be able to play and beat the Game by earning the “Ended the War Machine Threat” trophy. Once an entrant has beaten the game and earned the trophy, and he/she has already logged into or created a Sony Rewards account (as detailed above) he/she will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (“Online Entry”). Entrants who are a Sony Rewards member and have signed up for the Sweepstakes but earned the trophy prior to the start of the Sweepstakes Period will receive an Online Entry.
If you are not a Sony Rewards member and do not wish to become a member and/or if you do not wish to play and beat the Game in order to enter the Sweepstakes, send an e-mail to SRSweepstakes@am.sony.com with your First Name; Last Name; E-mail Address; Phone Number (collectively, the “AMOE Entry Information”), and the words AMOE Entry in the Subject Line (“AMOE Entry”). Emails must state they are for the AMOE Entry or they will be disqualified.
Limit one (1) Online Entry or one (1) AMOE Entry per person for the entire Sweepstakes Period. Online Entries and/or AMOE Entries (collectively “Sweepstakes Entries”) must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. PT on February 16, 2022. All required Registration Information and/or AMOE Entry Information must be completed in full, be accurate and be valid. Any Sweepstakes Entries submitted in excess of this limit will be disqualified. Any attempt by an entrant to participate or obtain more than the stated number of entries other than as described herein, by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant’s Sweepstakes Entry and that entrant may be disqualified, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of delivery or receipt of Sweepstakes Entries will not be deemed by Sponsor as proof of receipt (or entry). If an entrant is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must obtain parental/legal guardian consent prior to entering or submitting any personally identifiable information to Sponsor. If entrants use a web-enabled mobile device to participate, data rates may apply (entrants should contact their service provider for data rates/plans). The Website may not be accessible from all mobile phones, handheld devices and/or tablets. If an entrant experiences any technical issues entering the Sweepstakes from a mobile phone, handheld device or tablet, he/she should attempt to access the Website from a desktop or laptop computer. None of the Sweepstakes Entities will be responsible in the event of any technical difficulties or any failure of Sweepstakes Entries to be timely submitted. Entrants should use care and not drive or operate machinery while entering the Sweepstakes.
4. Prizes/Odds of Winning: There are three (3) Prizes for the Sweepstakes.
The Grand Prize winner will receive one (1) PlayStation®5 Console (approximate retail value (“ARV”): $499.99); one (1) HFW Regalla/Collector’s Edition (ARV: $259.99); one (1) HFW Aloy Statue (ARV: $399.99); one (1) HFW Beanie (ARV: $37.15), one (1) HFW Board Game (ARV: $104.95), one (1) 65’’ BRAVIA 4K HDR OLED with Smart Google TV (model #: XR-65A80J) (ARV: $1,999.99); one (1) Pulse 3D Headset (ARV: $99.99); and one (1) $100 PS Store Code (ARV: $100). Total ARV of Grand Prize: $3,502.05.
The First Prize winner will receive one (1) HFW Regalla/Collector’s Edition (ARV: $259.99); one (1) HFW Beanie (ARV: $37.15); one (1) HFW Board Game (ARV: $104.95); one (1) Pulse 3D Headset ;(ARV: $99.99); and one (1) $100 PS Store Code (ARV: $100). Total ARV of First Prize: $602.08.
The Second Prize winner will receive 25,000 Sony Rewards Points (ARV: $250); a $100 PS Store Code (ARV: $100); one (1) HFW Beanie (ARV: $37.15); and one (1) HFW Board Game (ARV: $104.95). Total ARV of Second Prize: $492.10.
Odds of winning any Prize depend upon the total number of eligible Sweepstakes Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for any Prize is available, except that Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, choose to substitute a Prize with one of equal or greater value due to Prize unavailability or for any other reason. PS Store Codes and Sony Rewards Points cannot be exchanged/redeemed for cash or combined with any other offer and will be subject to stated terms and conditions. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to replace any merchandise with a newer model or version of same; but, in such event, Sponsor will continue to use the value of the “old” (i.e. replaced) item for purposes of calculating the ARV. Any depiction of a Prize, in Sweepstakes materials or otherwise, is for illustrative purposes only. All expenses not specifically mentioned as being included (e.g., any required installation, requested upgrades/options, subscriptions) are excluded and are each Prize winner’s sole responsibility. The Prizes do not include any warranty unless specifically stated otherwise. If a Prize value is $600 or more, winner(s) will be issued an IRS Form 1099-MISC from the Sponsor(s) or Sponsor’s designee for the total ARV of the Prize won (as stated herein) in the calendar year won. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including, but not limited to, income taxes) arising from winning a Prize in the Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of such Prize winner. The Prizes will only be shipped to a street address in the 50 states of the U.S. and D.C. Final eligibility for the award of any Prize is subject to eligibility verification, as set forth in these Official Rules. The Sweepstakes Administrator is not the supplier or guarantor of the Prizes.
5. Drawing and Notification: For the Sweepstakes, one (1) Grand Prize winner, one (1) First Prize winner, and one (1) Second Prize winner will be randomly selected from all eligible Sweepstakes Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, in a drawing to be held within one (1) business day following the end of the Sweepstakes Period by the Sweepstakes Administrator, an independent compliance organization. The potential Prize winners will be notified by Sponsor or Sponsor’s representative via phone or e-mail (at the phone number or e-mail address provided in his/her Sony Rewards Registration Information or AMOE Entry Information) within approximately one (1) business day after the drawing is completed. The potential Prize winners will be required to sign, execute, have notarized and return an original unmodified Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, (where legal) a Publicity Release and any other documentation that Sponsor requires (collectively “Affidavit/Release”). Sponsor must receive a completed Affidavit/Release as well as a copy of the potential Prize winner’s legible government issued photo identification and any other documentation (“Documents”) required by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion within five (5) days after such Affidavit/Release is sent to a potential Prize winner from Sponsor. If a Prize winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, such Prize winner’s Prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent/legal guardian. If a potential Prize winner cannot be reached, does not respond within the times noted above, if he/she is found to be ineligible, or if his/her Documents are undeliverable for any reason, such potential Prize winner will be disqualified, and, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate potential winner for the respective Prize may be selected from all remaining eligible Sweepstakes Entries.
7. Additional Terms and Disclaimers: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for Sweepstakes Entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device), in excess of the stated limits, or for Sweepstakes Entries that are illegible, late, destroyed, lost, misplaced, stolen, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, mutilated, dropped, inaccessible, corrupted, jumbled, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules and all such Sweepstakes Entries will be disqualified. By participating, entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability and any losses/injuries of any kind, including personal injury and/or death, resulting or arising from participation in the Sweepstakes and entrants’ participation therein, or the acceptance/possession, use/misuse, and/or defects of any Prize by a winner of said Prize including, but not limited to, inability to use a Prize; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Sweepstakes Registration Information or AMOE Entry Information; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or internet service provider utilized by the Sweepstakes or any entrant; interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes, Website, or any online service via the internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; wireless network dead zones or obstructions; any damage to entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Sweepstakes; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects; fraudulent (including unauthorized) use of PS Store Codes and/or Sony Rewards Points made with lost, stolen, misplaced, or misappropriated codes/points, incomplete (including inaccurate) database information and canceled codes/points; and/or any other errors or malfunctions; even if caused by the negligence of one of the Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities are also not responsible for any typographical or other error contained in these Official Rules or other Sweepstakes-related materials. IN NO EVENT WILL ANY SWEEPSTAKES ENTITY BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, ANY PRIZE AWARDED HEREUNDER, YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING OF MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEBSITE. Entrants also agree to be bound by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s representatives, which are final and binding in all respects, and waive any right to claim any ambiguity in these Official Rules or any Sweepstakes materials. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, demonstrations, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, strikes, actions of governmental authorities, epidemics, pandemics, or any circumstance outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
8. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: This Sweepstakes shall be construed and governed according to the laws of the U.S. and the state of New York. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (i) this Sweepstakes, (ii) the awarding or redemption of a Prize and/or, (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement or interpretation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the state of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Entrant agrees that his/her claim, if any, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrant further agrees that any claim/judgment/award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and, under no circumstances, will an entrant be entitled to awards. Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Should any term of this section be deemed by a tribunal of competent jurisdiction void, unenforceable or contrary to law, such term shall, but only to the extent necessary to bring this section within the requirements of law, be deemed to be severed from the other terms of these Official Rules, and the remainder of these Official Rules shall be given effect as if it had not included the severed term herein.
THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT.
9. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS NAMES: An additional copy of these Official Rules by which all participants are bound, or the names of the Prize winners, may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Horizon Zero Dawn – Beat the Game Sweepstakes “Rules” or “Winner Information” (specify which), P.O. Box 6493, Burbank, CA 91510 to be received no later than April 18, 2022.
10. SPONSOR: This promotion is sponsored by Sony Electronics Inc., Card Marketing and Services Company, 115 West Century Road, Paramus, NJ 07652.
11. SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR: Enteractive Solutions Group, Inc., 1612 W. Olive Ave., Suite 300, Burbank, CA 91506.
©2022 ESG. Participants may copy these Official Rules for personal use only and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever. All rights reserved.