Sony Electronics – Uncharted 2022 Sweepstakes
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Uncharted 2022 Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to permanent legal residents of the 50 states of the U.S. or the District of Columbia (“D.C.”) (excluding Puerto Rico, Guam and all other U.S. and foreign territories and possessions), who (i) are currently physically located and residing therein, and (ii) are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the time of entry. Entrants must also have either a valid Social Security number or a valid U.S. Individual Taxpayer Identification Number to participate. Employees of Sony Electronics Inc., Card Marketing and Services Company, (“Sponsor”), Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC, Sony Corporation of America, Enteractive Solutions Group, Inc. (“Sweepstakes Administrator”), Merkle Corporation, Naughty Dog, LLC, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in or associated with the production, design, printing, development, implementation or handling of the Sweepstakes, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, the above entities’ respective parents, subsidiaries, and related companies, the above entities’ officers, directors, affiliates, licensees, and service providers (collectively “Sweepstakes Entities”), members of such persons’ immediate families (spouses, domestic partners, children, siblings, parents, grandparents, the “steps” of each), and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
2. Sweepstakes Description: The Sweepstakes consists of a promotion in which potential entrants can enter the Sweepstakes by visiting https://www.rewards.sony.com/UnchartedSweeps (“Website”) and following the instructions on the Website during the period between 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on April 26, 2022 and 11:59:59 p.m. PT on May 31, 2022 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Any non-Sony Rewards member who visits the Website can become a member of Sony Rewards, and in conjunction with signing up, will receive an entry into the Sweepstakes, as further detailed below in Section 3. In the event that an individual that is already a Sony Rewards member visits the Website, he/she will be entered into the Sweepstakes only by logging into his/her Sony Rewards account through the Website and following the online instructions to be entered into the Sweepstakes as further detailed below. Individuals that do not want to become a member of Sony Rewards may participate in the Sweepstakes by using an alternative method of entry (“AMOE”), as indicated below. The Sweepstakes has available one (1) prize consisting of physical Sony merchandise as outlined in Section 4 (“Prize”). Sponsor’s computer shall be the official clock for purposes of the Sweepstakes. The potential winning of the Prize is subject to verification, as set forth below. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. How to Enter: TO OBTAIN AN ENTRY, YOU MUST (I) BE A SONY REWARDS MEMBER, OR (II) BECOME A REGISTERED SONY REWARDS MEMBER, AS INDICATED BELOW, OR (III) USE THE ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF ENTRY INDICATED BELOW. IF YOU ARE ALREADY A SONY REWARDS MEMBER, DO NOT REGISTER FOR A SECOND SONY REWARDS ACCOUNT.
a. If you are a Sony Rewards Member, to enter the Sweepstakes, you must visit the Website and log into your Sony Rewards account with your username and password through the Website. Upon successfully logging into your Sony Rewards account and following the online instructions to enter the Sweepstakes, you will receive one (1) entry (“Online Entry”) into the Sweepstakes.
b. If you are not a Sony Rewards member, you can register to become a member by visiting the Website and then clicking on the “Join Now” text link to access the Sony Rewards registration form. You must complete the following information on the registration form to become a member of Sony Rewards: First Name; Last Name; E-mail Address (E-mail Address must be confirmed as part of the enrollment process); and your choice of Password (collectively, “Registration Information”). In connection with signing up for the Sony Rewards program by submitting your Registration Information and following the online instructions to enter the Sweepstakes, you will automatically receive one (1) Online Entry into the Sweepstakes.
c. If you are not a Sony Rewards member and do not wish to become a member, in order to enter the Sweepstakes, send an e-mail with your First Name; Last Name; E-mail Address; and Phone Number (“AMOE Entry Information”) to: SRSweepstakes@am.sony.com (“AMOE Entry,” and collectively, with Online Entry, “Sweepstakes Entry”).
Sweepstakes Entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. PT on May 31, 2022. All required Registration Information and/or AMOE Entry Information must be completed in full, be accurate and be valid. Limit one (1) Sweepstakes Entry per person, email address or Sony Rewards account, regardless of entry method. Use of electronic entry devices is strictly prohibited. Any Sweepstakes Entries submitted in excess of this limit will be disqualified. Any attempt by an entrant to participate or obtain more than the stated number of entries other than as described herein, by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant’s Sweepstakes Entry and that entrant may be disqualified, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. An “authorized account holder” of an email address is the natural person in whose name the email address has been issued by the Internet Access provider, or online service provider. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Proof of delivery or receipt of Sweepstakes Entries will not be deemed by Sponsor as proof of receipt (or entry). If an entrant is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must obtain parental/legal guardian consent prior to entering or submitting any personally identifiable information to Sponsor. If entrants use a web-enabled mobile device to participate, data rates may apply (entrants should contact their service provider for data rates/plans). The Website may not be accessible from all mobile phones, handheld devices and/or tablets. If an entrant experiences any technical issues entering the Sweepstakes from a mobile phone, handheld device or tablet, he/she should attempt to access the Website from a desktop or laptop computer. None of the Sweepstakes Entities will be responsible in the event of any technical difficulties or any failure of Sweepstakes Entries to be timely submitted. Entrants should use care and not drive or operate machinery while entering the Sweepstakes.
4. Prize/Odds of Winning: There is one (1) Prize for the Sweepstakes. The Prize winner will receive one (1) PlayStation®5 Console (approximate retail value (“ARV”): $499.00); one (1) Sony 65″ class (64.5” diag) BRAVIA XR X90J LED TV (ARV $1,299.00); one (1) HT-A5000 5.1.2Ch Dolby Atmos® Soundbar (ARV $999.00); and one (1) UBP-X800M24K Ultra HD Blu-ray™ Player with Dolby Atmos®, HDR, and Wi-Fi for Streaming Video (ARV $329.00). Total ARV of the Prize is $3,126.00. Odds of winning the Prize depend upon the total number of eligible Sweepstakes Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for the Prize is available, except that Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, choose to substitute the Prize (or any prize element) with one of equal or greater value due to Prize unavailability or for any other reason. ARV is as of date of printing of these Official Rules. The difference in value of Prize as stated herein and value at time of Prize notification, if any, will not be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to replace any merchandise with a newer model or version of same; but, in such event, Sponsor will continue to use the value of the “old” (i.e. replaced) item for purposes of calculating the ARV. Any depiction of the Prize, in Sweepstakes materials or otherwise, is for illustrative purposes only. All expenses not specifically mentioned as being included (e.g., any required installation, requested upgrades/options, subscriptions) are excluded and are each Prize winner’s sole responsibility. The Prize does not include any warranty unless specifically stated otherwise. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including, but not limited to, income taxes) arising from winning the Prize in the Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of the Prize winner. The Prize winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099-MISC (or other tax documents, if applicable) from Sponsor for the total ARV of the Prize won (as stated herein) for the calendar year won. The Prize will only be shipped to a street address in the 50 states of the U.S. and D.C. Final eligibility for the award of the Prize is subject to eligibility verification, as set forth in these Official Rules. The Sweepstakes Administrator is not the supplier or guarantor of the Prize.
5. Drawing and Notification: For the Sweepstakes, one (1) Prize winner will be randomly selected from all eligible Sweepstakes Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, in a drawing to be held within one (1) business day following the end of the Sweepstakes Period by the Sweepstakes Administrator, an independent compliance organization. The potential Prize winner will be notified by Sponsor or Sponsor’s representative via phone or e-mail (at the phone number or e-mail address provided in his/her Sony Rewards Registration Information or AMOE Entry Information) within approximately one (1) business day after the drawing is completed. The potential Prize winner will be required to sign, execute, have notarized and return an original unmodified Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, (where legal) a Publicity Release (where legal), and any other documentation that Sponsor requires (collectively “Affidavit/Release”). Sponsor must receive a completed Affidavit/Release as well as a copy of the potential Prize winner’s legible government issued photo identification and any other documentation (“Documents”) required by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion within five (5) days after such Affidavit/Release is sent to the potential Prize winner from Sponsor. If the Prize winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, such Prize winner’s Prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent/legal guardian. If the potential Prize winner cannot be reached, does not respond within the times noted above, if he/she is found to be ineligible, or if his/her Documents are undeliverable for any reason, such potential Prize winner will be disqualified, and, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate potential winner for the Prize may be selected from all remaining eligible Sweepstakes Entries. Prizes will be delivered within 6 to 8 weeks of winner confirmation to the mailing address provided to Sponsor at the time of winner notification.
7. Additional Terms and Disclaimers: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for Sweepstakes Entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device), in excess of the stated limits, or for Sweepstakes Entries that are illegible, late, destroyed, lost, misplaced, stolen, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, mutilated, dropped, inaccessible, corrupted, jumbled, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules and all such Sweepstakes Entries will be disqualified. By participating, entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability and any losses/injuries/claims of any kind, including personal injury and/or death, resulting or arising from participation in the Sweepstakes and entrants’ participation therein, or the acceptance/possession, use/misuse, and/or defects of any Prize by a winner of said Prize including, but not limited to, inability to use the Prize; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Sweepstakes Registration Information or AMOE Entry Information; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or internet service provider utilized by the Sweepstakes or any entrant; interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes, Website, or any online service via the internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; wireless network dead zones or obstructions; any damage to entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Sweepstakes; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects; incomplete (including inaccurate) database information and canceled codes/points; and/or any other errors or malfunctions; even if caused by the negligence of one of the Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities are also not responsible for any typographical or other error contained in these Official Rules or other Sweepstakes-related materials. IN NO EVENT WILL ANY SWEEPSTAKES ENTITY BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, ANY PRIZE AWARDED HEREUNDER, YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING OF MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEBSITE. Entrants also agree to be bound by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s representatives, which are final and binding in all respects, and waive any right to claim any ambiguity in these Official Rules or any Sweepstakes materials. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, demonstrations, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, strikes, actions of governmental authorities, epidemics, pandemics, or any circumstance outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
8. Governing Law/Jurisdiction: This Sweepstakes shall be construed and governed according to the laws of the U.S. and the State of New York. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (i) this Sweepstakes, (ii) the awarding or redemption of the Prize and/or, (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement or interpretation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the state of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Entrant agrees that his/her claim, if any, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrant further agrees that any claim/judgment/award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and, under no circumstances, will an entrant be entitled to awards. Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Should any term of this section be deemed by a tribunal of competent jurisdiction void, unenforceable or contrary to law, such term shall, but only to the extent necessary to bring this section within the requirements of law, be deemed to be severed from the other terms of these Official Rules, and the remainder of these Official Rules shall be given effect as if it had not included the severed term herein.
THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT.
9. Official Rules/Winner’s List: An additional copy of these Official Rules by which all participants are bound, or the name of the Prize winner, may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Uncharted 2022 Sweepstakes “Rules” or “Winner Information” (specify which), P.O. Box 6493, Burbank, CA 91510 to be received no later than July 29, 2022.
10. Sponsor: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Sony Electronics Inc., Card Marketing and Services Company, 115 West Century Road, Paramus, NJ 07652.
11. Sweepstakes Administrator: Enteractive Solutions Group, Inc., 1612 W. Olive Ave., Suite 300, Burbank, CA 91506.
©2022 ESG. Participants may copy these Official Rules for personal use only and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever. All rights reserved.