Shoprite – Dreamy Pet Sweepstakes
Dreamy Pet Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. The Dreamy Pet Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins May 2, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. ET and ends June 5, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Spectrum Brands Pet LLC, 1 Rider Trail Plaza Dr., Ste. 300, Earth City, Missouri 63045 (“Sponsor”).
ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to natural persons 18 years of age or older who are legal residents of New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Delaware and Maryland and have internet access as of the date of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, Wakefern Food Corp., and all of their respective parents, subsidiaries, members, divisions, affiliates, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies (“Sponsor and Promotion Parties”), and those individuals who are immediate family members of Sponsor and Promotion Parties, or persons living in the same household as Sponsor and Promotion Parties, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. “Immediate family” means parents, siblings, children and spouse. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
HOW TO ENTER: To enter, visit the promotion microsite (“Website”) online at https://shoprite.wyng.com/DreamyPetSweeps and complete all required fields of the onscreen registration form, including uploading 1 photo and a caption of up to 50 words that features your “Dreamy Pet”, defined as a dog or cat in a funny or unique sleeping or resting position. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, Pet is defined as a domestic or tamed animal kept for companionship or pleasure (“Pet”). Online entries must be completed by June 5, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET. The promotion will be promoted on social media via Facebook and Instagram.
One entry per person/household/email address. Normal Internet/phone access and data/usage charges imposed by your online/phone service may apply. No other method of entry is accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete entry of information by participants; lost entries or transmissions, interrupted or unavailable network, server, or other connections; scrambled transmissions or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, or electronic, technical malfunctions or the computer hardware, software, or any combination thereof; or problems associated with any virus or any other damage caused to participants’ systems.
Entries must be unique and must comply with the “Entry Requirements” set forth below.
• Photos must be in one of the following file formats: .jpg, .png, .bmp, .gif, .tiff, no larger than 20 MB, and at least 480px by 480px in size. Note that animated gifs will act as static images when uploaded
• Entry may not feature additional individuals, except for the owner of the Pet.
• Multiple Pets in a single Entry are permitted.
• If a vehicle is featured in a photo, it must be parked or operated in full compliance with all applicable traffic and other laws and the following restrictions apply:
o Pet’s head cannot be out the window of a moving vehicle
o Pet cannot be unrestrained in a moving vehicle
o Pet can be unrestrained if vehicle is not moving
• Entry must not contain or depict any harmful or dangerous activity (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) that is detrimental to the safety and well-being of the Pet(s).
• Entrants must be the legal owner of the Pet(s) depicted in the Entry.
• Any Entry caption, including required information as outlined above, must be no longer than 50 words and must be in English.
• Each Entry must include one (1) photo. No video submissions will be permitted.
• If photos were taken by a professional photographer, entrant must obtain the rights to the photo from the photographer in order to submit such content.
• Entry must be your original idea (modification of an original work is not an original idea). Entries must not copy or otherwise plagiarize from any source.
• The Entry must not have been submitted previously in a giveaway or promotion of any kind or previously exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond your immediate circle of friends and family) through any means.
• The Entry must not contain content that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading.
• Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified. Entries must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent (including, but not limited to, nudity, or pornography), profane, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, libelous (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group), violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), or illegal (e.g., underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.).
• The Entry must not contain or depict material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination, including without limitation, discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age. The Entry must not contain or depict material that is threatening to any person, place, business, group, or world peace or contain words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group.
• The Entry must not contain any content that infringes or may infringe third party rights, including, without limitation, any copyright, name, trademark, logo, trade dress, or other personal or proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity or make reference to any commercial/corporate advertising (including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, charities, slogans, political, or religious statements), or be otherwise objectionable. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, publicly displayed and publicly accessible Sponsor content, materials, or products are permitted to be displayed in Entries submitted for this Sweepstakes.
• Any clothing shown in the Entry should not contain any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks or other third-party content or materials (but showing publicly displayed or publicly accessible Sponsor content, material, and products as described above is permitted).
• The Entry must not include any representation of celebrities, athletes, musicians, or any other third-party (public or private), include any anti-social, political or religious groups, any commercial solicitation or promotional materials or name, address, phone number, or URL address. Entries must not contain advertisements, personal solicitations or commercial solicitations.
• All submitted Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, or entry will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. The Entry must not disparage persons or organizations associated with Sponsor.
• Entries must not depict reference any of Sponsor’s competitors or competitor’s products.
Each entrant grants to Sponsor a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive right and license to copy, distribute, and display each submitted Entry, in any media, and with right to use, copy, modify, edit, and create derivative works therefrom, and agrees to execute documents confirming such right and license at Sponsor’s reasonable request. By entering, you understand that your Entry will be screened by the Sponsor and may be posted online to a gallery or featured in Sponsor’s social media channels or other advertising, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to be viewed by members of the general public for public viewing. By entering, each entrant warrants and represents that his/her Entry is original, has not been previously published or won any award, does not contain any material that would defame or otherwise violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including patents, copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity, and will not violate any federal, state or local laws or ordinances. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any Entry that it believes does not comply with these Official Rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the Sweepstakes. No information regarding Entries, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules will be disclosed. All Entries submitted become the property of the Sponsor.
PRIZES: 99 Grand Prizes: A Pet Gift Box, comprised of a Furbaby box, Nature’s Miracle Stain & Odor Remover for Dogs, Nature’s Miracle Stain & Odor Remover for Cats, Nature’s Miracle Litter Box Deodorizer, DreamBone Triple Flavor Dumbbells, DreamBone T-Bones, Good n’ Tasty Kabob Bites, Good n’ Tasty Soft & Crunchy Variety Pack. Approximate Retail Value: $50 each. Grand Prize Winners (“Winners”) will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received. All prizes will be awarded. No substitution or transfer of any prize or election of cash in lieu of any prize by Winners will be permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are nontransferable. All federal, state, and/or local taxes are the sole responsibility of Winners.
SELECTION OF WINNERS: On or about June 9, 2021, Sponsor will select, via a random drawing, Winners from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Selected Winners will be notified by email and/or telephone approximately 1 to 2 days after the drawing. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. In the event of a dispute over the identity of the selected Winner, the Winner will be deemed to be the Authorized Account Holder of the email address used at registration. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. In order to be awarded a prize, selected Winners may be required to sign and complete a General Release of Liability and Publicity Release and return it within 10 days of the date of the selected Winners’ receipt of prize award notification. Prizes will be delivered to winners via FedEx within 30 days of receiving the Release. Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to deliver the notification to selected Winners. If a selected Winner cannot be contacted within 15 days of the drawing, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize within 15 days of initial contact, or fails to timely return the completed and executed declaration and releases as may be required, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate entrant who will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries. If selected Winner has moved to a different address, it is the sole responsibility of the selected Winner to notify the Sponsor or designated agent of the selected Winner’s new address. Sponsor is not responsible for any undeliverable prize deliveries due to change of address. By accepting and/or using prize, Winner gives Sponsor the rights to use Winner’s name, voice, and/or likeness for the purpose of inclusion on a Winner’s List, and in advertising, trade, or promotion, without further compensation worldwide in perpetuity and in any form of media including the Internet, unless prohibited by law.
CONDITIONS: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final. Sponsor, agents and representatives of Sponsor, Wakefern Food Corp., and their respective members, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (ii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions; (iii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (iv) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of any prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (v) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes at any time if a computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, or other technical problem of any sort corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Sweepstakes or change any element thereof, with or without notice, at any time, due to printing errors, web site errors, transmission errors or other mistakes or problems in the production or administration of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor also reserves the right to disqualify, in its sole discretion, any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the website, or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. By participating, entrants agree that all disputes will be resolved in the appropriate courts in the state of Wisconsin, exclusively, and subject to the laws of the state of Wisconsin.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to release and hold Sponsor, Wakefern Food Corp., and their respective employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, parents, members, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
WINNERS’ NAMES: For a list of winners, available for ninety (90) days after June 5, 2021, send an email to: Winners@dja.com with Dreamy Pet Winners (2762-01) as the subject line. Winners List will be sent after all prizes have been awarded.