Popsugar – Twice In A Lifetime Rewarded – Win 500000 MileagePlus award miles (with an ARV of $10000) and a $5000 VISA Gift Card
Chase United Sweeps Rules
Win United Miles Chase Sweeps Rules
Twice in a Lifetime Rewarded Sweepstakes Official Rules
June 18, 2018
Chat with us on Facebook Messenger. Learn what’s trending across POPSUGAR.
NO APPLICATION, PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN OR CLAIM PRIZE; AN APPLICATION, PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH GOVERN YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND TO RECEIVE MARKETING MATERIALS FROM POPSUGAR INC. (“SPONSOR”), CHASE BANK USA, N.A. (THE “SWEEPSTAKES PRESENTER”). YOU ALSO REPRESENT THAT YOU MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS BELOW.
The Sweepstakes is sponsored by POPSUGAR Inc., located at 111 Sutter Street, 16th Floor, San Francisco, California 94104. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law, or where bonding, registration, or other requirements have not been met. Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
1. Eligibility Requirements: The Sweepstakes is open to individuals legally residing in the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, aged 18 or over, who meet their jurisdiction’s minimum age requirement and: (a) are United MileagePlus loyalty program members; (b) are United Explorer card members; or (c) who enter using the free mail-in entry option described in Section 3 below. Employees, contractors, officers, directors, and agents, and other persons professionally associated with the Sweepstakes, including each of their immediate family and household members of Sponsor and Sweepstakes Presenter, their affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions are not eligible. Winner(s) may be required to furnish proof of identity, address, and age to receive a prize.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on June 18, 2018 at 12:01 AM Pacific Time and ends on July 13, 2018 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Entries received prior to or following the Sweepstakes Period will be disqualified, except the entries received by physical mail may be received as indicated below. The Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. Entry: Entrants may enter the Sweepstakes online or via mail as described below.
To enter the Sweepstakes online, visit https://www.popsugar.com/Win-United-Miles-Chase-Sweeps-44913351 and complete the following during the Sweepstakes Period:
a. First and last name;
b. Email address;
c. Mailing address;
d. The type of trip you want to relive (from the following categories: Honeymoon or Anniversary, Friends or Family Getaway, or Adventurous Trip);
e. An explanation of why you want to win; and
f. An indication that you are a MileagePlus loyalty program member, or United Explorer cardmember.
Free Method of Entry By Mail
You may also enter by mailing your name and address, and type of trip you want to relive (from the following categories: Honeymoon or Anniversary, Friends or Family Getaway, or Adventurous Trip) to POPSUGAR Inc., 111 Sutter Street, 16th Floor, San Francisco, California 94104, Attn: Twice in a Lifetime Rewarded. Mailed entries must be postmarked no later than July 13, 2018 and received no later than July 16, 2018. Mechanically reproduced or pre-printed entries or mailing labels will not be accepted.
Odds: Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
4. Entry Limit: Limit one (1) entry per person, per email account. You may not use multiple means of entry (e.g., multiple email accounts to circumvent the entry limit).
5. Prize(s): Each confirmed winner will receive five hundred thousand (500,000) MileagePlus award miles (with an Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of $10,000) and a $5,000 Visa Gift Card (the “Prize”). Prizes delivered via post must be delivered to a valid U.S. address.
Total ARV of each Prize: $15,000, and the total ARV for all nine (9) Prizes is $135,000. The ARV represents Sponsor’s good-faith determination of the approximate retail value of the prize in U.S. dollars, and may differ from the actual fair market value. The actual fair market value is determined by Sponsor, is final and binding, and may not be challenged or appealed. If the ARV of a prize exceeds the actual fair market value of the prize, the difference will not be awarded to winner in cash or otherwise.
Gift cards, certificates, credits, or coupons (the “Gift Card”) values are less any applicable activation, transaction, or maintenance fees and subject to the terms, conditions, and restrictions disclosed on the Gift Card, including any stated expiration dates. Releasees are not responsible for, and will not replace, any lost, stolen, destroyed, or expired Gift Cards, or Gift Cards used. VISA ® entities have not sponsored this Sweepstakes in any way.
There is no cash alternative for the Prize, in whole or in part. The Prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. No compensation, refunds, or alternatives will be offered due to a winner’s inability to attend, claim, or use the Prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value for any Prize. In no event shall the Sponsor be obligated to award more prizes than the number of Prize(s) stated in these Official Rules.
If winner engages or has engaged in behavior that is obnoxious, threatening, disruptive, inappropriate, illegal, or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify winner and to immediately terminate any outstanding portion of the Prize without further compensation.
6. Winner Selection: Sponsor will use a computer-generated randomizer to select three (3) winners from each travel category (Honeymoon or Anniversary, Friends or Family Getaway, and Adventurous Trip) for a total of nine (9) winner(s) from the entries received during the Sweepstakes Period (or, for mail entries, received by the date indicated above). If there is a dispute regarding the identity of the winner, the registered account holder of the email account used to submit the winning entry will be deemed the winner, subject to such owner’s compliance with the Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to deliver Prize(s) to the email or mailing address supplied by the winner at the time of entry.
7. Winner Notification and Acceptance Requirements: Sponsor will contact winner(s) by email account used by winner to enter, or, for entries received by mail, the mailing address if no email address is provided. Sponsor is not liable for a winner’s failure or inability to receive communications sent by Sponsor to the contact information provided. To receive the Prize, the winner must: (a) respond to Sponsor within five (5) business days of initial contact to confirm eligibility; and (b) sign and return an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, IRS Form W-9 (if requested), and liability and publicity release (together, “Winner Paperwork”) to Sponsor within five (5) business days of Sponsor’s delivery.
Potential winner(s) is subject to verification, including verification of eligibility and MileagePlus /United Explorer membership (where applicable).
A winner may be disqualified for: failure to timely respond to Sponsor’s notification, failure to timely complete and return the Winner Paperwork, failure to meet the Eligibility Requirements at the time of entry, failure to comply with the Official Rules, and/or failure to comply with applicable laws and regulations, each as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All winner privileges shall immediately terminate upon disqualification. If a winner is disqualified, Sponsor may select an alternative winner (up to a maximum of two alternates). No alternate winner will be drawn if a Prize is time-sensitive.
Normal time, toll, connection, and usage rates charged by your Internet Service Provider may apply. Winner(s) are responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes on the value of the Prize. Winner(s) may receive from an IRS form 1099-MISC at the end of the calendar year, a copy of which form will also be filed with the Internal Revenue Service.
Unless prohibited by applicable law, winner’s acceptance of a Prize constitutes winner’s irrevocable permission for Sponsor and each Sweepstakes Presenter to use winner’s name, address, biographical information, likeness, and testimonial for advertising or publicity purposes regarding the Sweepstakes, on a worldwide basis and in all forms of media known or unknown, without further compensation.
8. General Terms: Sponsor may disqualify any individual or void any entry if the entrant corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. This includes, for example, the use of computer ‘script,’ ‘macro,’ or ‘brute force,’ masking identities by manipulating IP addresses, or using any automated means to enter the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor may disqualify any individual or void any entry if the entrant uses a username or email address that belongs to or is already being used by another person, whether actual or fictitious, that may be interpreted as impersonating another person, or violating the rights of any person.
Incomplete, illegal, misdirected, untimely, or invalid entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending is not proof of delivery. Releasees (defined below) take no responsibility for delayed, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, misdirected, damaged, or lost entries due to technical reasons or otherwise.
If the Sweepstakes cannot be run or be administered as planned, for reasons outside of Sponsor’s control, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) by posting a notice on the Sweepstakes entry page. Sponsor further reserves the right to modify, cancel, or suspend the Sweepstakes if Sponsor believes doing so is necessary to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes or fairness to entrants. Sponsor will not be liable for a delay or failure to perform its obligations if caused by an act, omission, event, or circumstance beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control.
This Sweepstakes is governed by California law. By entering, you irrevocably consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in San Francisco, California for any dispute arising from or relating to this Sweepstakes.
9. MileagePlus: Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. Please allow 6-8 weeks after completed qualifying activity for miles to post to your account. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to www.united.com.
Risks; Warranties; Release of Claims: Your participation in the Sweepstakes is at your own risk. Releasees do not make, and hereby disclaim, all implied warranties of any kind relating to the Prize, including warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, and noninfringement, or any representations regarding the function or operation of the Prize.
By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold Sponsor, each Sweepstakes Presenter, United Airlines, Inc. and each of their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors (collectively, the “Releasees”) harmless from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage directly or indirectly relating to (i) the provision, hosting, sponsorship, administration, suspension, or cancellation of the Sweepstakes, (ii) a person’s ability or inability to enter or participate in the Sweepstakes, including those arising from technical failures, third-party telecommunication outages, or other force majeure events, (iii) any determination of disqualification or other decision made by Sponsor in its sole discretion, (iv) your ability to win, claim, or use a Prize, or to otherwise participate in any activity relating to the Sweepstakes, (v) the Prize itself, or your use or misuse of a Prize, and/or (vi) electronic or human error, or events arising from the simple negligence of one or more Releasees.
You further agree to expressly and forever waive all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) (or any similar law applicable to your jurisdiction) which reads: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM/HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS/HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
You acknowledge that you have had an opportunity to review these Official Rules, and Sponsor’s and each Sweepstakes Presenter’s privacy policies, and understand them. You acknowledge and agree that this is a complete RELEASE and DISCHARGE of all claims and rights against the Releasees, and that this release will be binding upon an entrant’s and winner’s heirs, executors, and administrators, and anyone claiming by or through an entrant or winner.
11. Third Party Platforms: If this Sweepstakes is hosted, administered, or operated on a third party platform, including without limitation social media platforms (e.g. Facebook or Instagram) (the “Third Party Platform”), then by participating in this Sweepstakes, you hereby release and hold harmless such Third Party Platform from all claims, responsibility, and liability relating to the Sweepstakes. Unless otherwise stated in these Official Rules, this Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, any Third Party Platform.
12. Winner Publication: The first name, last name, and state of residency for confirmed winner(s) will be available upon written request to the Sponsor at the address below, for two (2) years following the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
Sponsor: POPSUGAR Inc., 111 Sutter Street, 16th Floor, San Francisco, California 94104.
Sweepstakes Presenter: Chase Bank USA, N.A., 201 N. Walnut Street, Wilmington, DE 19801
Join the conversation
Chat with us on Facebook Messenger. Learn what’s trending across POPSUGAR.
Chase United Sweeps RulesOfficial Rules
From Our Partners
Mortgage QuotesCalifornia: Gov’t Will Pay Off Your Mortgage If You Have No Missed PaymentsMortgage QuotesEternally SunnyHomeless Cat Refuses Food Unless It’s In A Bag Until One Day Rescuers Follow Her And See WhyEternally SunnyHarpers Bazaar52 Celebrities Who Don’t Drink AlcoholHarpers BazaarBabbelThis App Can Teach You Spanish In Just 3 WeeksBabbelSilver LineThey Pay for the Watch, You Pay For Shipping: Get Your Free Watch TodaySilver LineBoredom TherapyMan Buys A $100 Dresser Only To Discover A Secret Drawer With Astonishing Contents InsideBoredom TherapyKelley Blue BookThese Are The Best SUVs You Can Buy Right NowKelley Blue BookWayfairDon’t Buy Furniture Until You See This SiteWayfair by Taboola by Taboola Sponsored Links Sponsored Links Promoted Links Promoted Links
Get Your Daily Life Hack
Sign up for our newsletter.
By signing up, I agree to the Terms & to receive emails from POPSUGAR.
Select the topics that interest you:
Love and Sex
Want more now?
From Our Partners
Latest Affordable DIY & Organization