Popsugar – Best-Kept Secrets Holiday Gift Guide Show Giveaway Sweepstakes
Official Rules Holiday Giveaway
BEST-KEPT SECRETS HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE SHOW GIVEAWAY (THE “SWEEPSTAKES”) (“OFFICIAL RULES”)
November 23, 2021
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN; A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING; CONSUMER DISCLOSURE: YOU HAVE NOT YET WON
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH GOVERN YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. YOU ALSO REPRESENT THAT YOU MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS BELOW.
The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void in Alaska, Hawaii and where prohibited by law, or where bonding, registration, or other requirements have not been met. Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
1. Eligibility Requirements. The Sweepstakes is open to individuals legally residing in the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States or the District of Columbia, aged 18 or older, who meet their jurisdiction’s minimum age requirement. Officers, employees, agents, and immediate family and household members of Sponsor, QVC and Home Shopping Network (collectively, “Sweepstakes Partners”), and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and anyone professionally associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible. Winner may be required to furnish proof of identity, address, and age to receive a prize.
2. Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes begins on December 3, 2021 at 5:00 PM Pacific Time and ends on December 13, 2021 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Entries received prior to or following the Sweepstakes Period will be disqualified. The Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
3. Entry. To enter the Sweepstakes, visit https://www.popsugar.com/holidaygiveaway during the Sweepstakes Period and follow the instructions to complete and submit the entry form (information provided, along with any other materials you submit in connection with the Sweepstakes, are your “Entry”). You may also enter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and including “PROMOTION 744” in the subject and your full legal name in the body of the e-mail. E-mailed entries must be received by Sponsor during the Sweepstakes Period.
All Entries become property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned and the Sponsor has the right to dispose of the Entries at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, mutilated, or mechanically reproduced Entries or Entries that have been tampered with or not obtained through legitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified. Mechanically reproduced Entries or Entries generated or submitted with the use of a robotic, automated, macro, or script device, or other automated means or any other means intended to impact the integrity of the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’ sole discretion are void. Sponsor is not responsible for illegible, incomplete or stolen Entries or Entries or that are processed late or are lost or deleted due to computer or electronic malfunction, or other error.
4. Odds. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
5. Entry Limit. Limit one (1) entry per person, email account. You may not use multiple means of entry (e.g., multiple email accounts) to circumvent the entry limit. Duplicate Entries or multiple Entries made by an Entrant in excess of the number allowed will be disqualified. Your Entry constitutes your consent to participate in this Sweepstakes and your consent for Sponsor to obtain and delivery your name, address and other information to the Sweepstakes Administrator for the purposes of administering this Sweepstakes.
Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes, or whom Sponsor believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entries made through robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar entry duplication method, or entries made through any third-party website, and to disqualify any individual using such a method.
Use of a mobile device to participate in this Sweepstakes is not required. If you use a mobile device to enter via the Website, message and data rates may apply, and Entrants will be solely responsible for any and all applicable charges. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its pricing plans.
6. One (1) Grand Prize and the approximate retail values (“ARV”): One (1) Winner will receive the following products each designated by the Sweepstakes Partners: one (1) Dyson Airwrap Complete Styling Tool (ARV: $549.99); one (1) IT Cosmetics Super-Size Celebration Foundation with Brush (ARV: $60); two (2) Dyson V11 Torque Drive Cordless Vacuums with FloorDok (ARV: $699.99 each vacuum); one (1) Bose TV Speaker Bluetooth Soundbar with Remote (ARV: $279.96); one (1) FITNATION Slimline Pro Walking Treadmill with Echelon App (ARV: $699.99); one (1) Lola Lightweight Massage Gun with four (4) attachments (ARV: $99.99); one (1) Dyson Air Purifier and Cooling Fan (ARV: $499.98); one (1) Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 Instant Print Camera with Film and Accessories (ARV: $69.96); one (1) HALO UltraPack 20,000mAH Portable Charger with LCD Screen (ARV: $49.96); and one (1) Bluetooth Karaoke Mic Single (ARV: $29.95) (collectively, “Grand Prize”). The total combined ARV of the Grand Prize: $3,739.76. Grand Prize must be delivered to a valid U.S. address. The value of the Grand Prize set forth above represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of the approximate retail value thereof, and the actual fair market value, as ultimately determined by Sponsor, is final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the stated approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is more than the actual fair market value of the Grand Prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. Sponsor and Sweepstakes Partner do not make, nor in any manner is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Grand Prize including but not limited to its quality, fitness for purpose or mechanical condition.
7. There is no cash alternative for the Grand Prize, in whole or in part. Grand Prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. No cash compensation, refunds, or alternatives will be offered due to a winner’s inability to attend, claim, or use the Grand Prize. If the advertised prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control, a substitute prize of equal or greater value may be awarded in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In no event shall the Sponsor be obligated to award more than one (1) Prize as stated in these Official Rules.
8. Winner Selection. Sponsor will use a computer-generated randomizer to select one (1) Winner from the Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period on or about December 14, 2021 (the “Drawing Date”). If there is a dispute regarding the identity of the winner, the registered account holder of the email account used to submit the winning Entry will be deemed the winner, subject to such owner’s compliance with the Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to deliver the Prize products to the mailing address supplied by the winner at the time of Entry.
9. Winner Notification and Acceptance Requirements. Sponsor will contact the winner by the email address provided at the time of Entry. Sponsor is not liable for a winner’s failure or inability to receive communications sent by Sponsor to the contact information provided. To receive the Prize, the winner must: (a) respond to Sponsor within five (5) business days of initial contact to confirm eligibility; and (b) sign and return an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, IRS Form W-9 (if requested), and liability and publicity release (together, “Winner Paperwork”) to Sponsor within five (5) business days of Sponsor’s delivery. A potential Prize Winner may be disqualified under any of the following circumstances; i) if he/she cannot be reached by Sponsor or Sweepstakes Administrator within the specified time period; ii) If the Prize notification or email address is returned as undeliverable; iii) if the potential Prize Winner is found to be ineligible; iv) if the potential Prize Winner does not return the required Winner Paperwork within the required time period; v) if the potential Prize Winner is unwilling to accept the Prize as stated in these Official Rules; or vi) if the potential Prize Winner does not comply with these Official Rules. Prize Winner will be required to supply Sponsor and Sweepstakes Administrator with his/her social security number. Any Prize Winner who receives a prize valued at six hundred dollars ($600) or more will be issued a FORM 1099-MISC for tax purposes as required by law. Prize Winner is solely responsible for any and all federal and applicable state taxes on the Prizes. POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR AND/OR THE SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY, AND THE POTENTIAL SWEEPSTAKES PRIZE WINNER HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR FRAUDULENT CALLS OR EMAILS MADE TO THE ENTRANTS NOT BY SPONSOR OR SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR OR FOR ANY CHANGE OF ENTRANT’S EMAIL ADDRESS.
10. General Terms. Sponsor may disqualify any individual or void any entry if the entrant corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. This includes, for example, the use of computer ‘script,’ ‘macro,’ or ‘brute force,’ masking identities by manipulating IP addresses, or using any automated means to enter the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may disqualify any individual or void any entry if the entrant uses a username or email address that belongs to or is already being used by another person, whether actual or fictitious, that may be interpreted as impersonating another person, or violating the rights of any person. Incomplete, illegal, misdirected, untimely, or invalid entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending is not proof of delivery. Releasees (defined below) take no responsibility for delayed, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, misdirected, damaged, or lost entries due to technical reasons or otherwise. If the Sweepstakes cannot be run or be administered as planned, for reasons outside of Sponsor’s control, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) by posting a notice on the Sweepstakes entry page. Sponsor further reserves the right to modify, cancel, or suspend the Sweepstakes if Sponsor believes doing so is necessary to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes or fairness to entrants. Sponsor will not be liable for a delay or failure to perform its obligations if caused by an act, omission, event, or circumstance beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control. This Sweepstakes is governed by New York law. By entering, you irrevocably consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in New York, New York for any dispute arising from or relating to this Sweepstakes.
12. Risks; Warranties; Release of Claims. Your participation in the Sweepstakes is at your own risk. Releasees do not make, and hereby disclaim, all implied warranties of any kind relating to the Grand Prize, including warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, and noninfringement, or any representations regarding the function or operation of the Grand Prize. By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors (collectively, the “Releasees”) harmless from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage directly or indirectly relating to (i) the provision, hosting, sponsorship, administration, suspension, or cancellation of the Sweepstakes, (ii) a person’s ability or inability to enter or participate in the Sweepstakes, including those arising from technical failures, third-party telecommunication outages, or other force majeure events, (iii) any determination of disqualification or other decision made by Sponsor in its sole discretion, (iv) your ability to win, claim, or use a Prize, or to otherwise participate in any activity relating to the Sweepstakes, (v) the Prize itself, including use or misuse of a Prize, and/or (vi) electronic or human error, or events arising from the simple negligence of one or more Releasees. You further agree to expressly and forever waive all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) (or any similar law applicable to your jurisdiction) which reads: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY. You acknowledge that you have had an opportunity to review these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and the Sweepstakes Partner(s)’ privacy policies and understand them. You acknowledge and agree that this is a complete RELEASE and DISCHARGE of all claims and rights against the Releasees and that this release will be binding upon an entrant’s and winner’s heirs, executors, and administrators, and anyone claiming by or through an entrant or winner.
13. Winner List. The first name, last name, and state of residency for confirmed winner will be available upon written request to the Sponsor at the address below, for two (2) years following the Drawing Date.
14. Sponsor and Sweepstakes Partners.
Sponsor: Group Nine Media, Inc. 568 Broadway, Floor 10, New York, NY 10012.
Sweepstakes Partner: QVC, 1200 Wilson Drive, West Chester, PA 19380.
Sweepstakes Partner: HSN, One HSN Drive, St. Petersburg, FL 33729.
From Our Partners
Now You Know
Cardi B Makes Her Blinged-Out Debut as Playboy’s First Creative Director in Residence
by Chanel Vargas
47 minutes ago
Common Wishes “Queen” Tiffany Haddish a Happy Birthday Days After Their Split
by Njera Perkins
1 day ago
FDA Allows Abortion Pills by Mail During the Pandemic — but Restrictions Exist in Some States
by Samantha Brodsky
1 day ago
BTS Just Released Another “Butter” Remix, So Happy Holidays to Us All
by Monica Sisavat
1 day ago
Joshua Bassett Opens Up About Being Sexually Abused as a Child: “I Buried It So Far”
by Njera Perkins
1 day ago
Jennifer Lopez Belts Her Heart Out in Emotional “On My Way” Video
by Monica Sisavat
2 days ago
Ariana Grande and Kid Cudi’s “Just Look Up” Collab Is Out of This World
by Princess Gabbara
2 days ago
Demi Lovato Shares in Instagram Story That They Are No Longer “California Sober”
by Jenny Sugar
2 days ago