Piggly Wiggly – Win A Jeep – Win (450) Pig Points
Piggly Wiggly Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The Piggly Wiggly Sweepstakes Rules (the “Promotion”) will be held from 12:00:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on June 1, 2022 to 11:59:59 p.m. CT August 31, 2022 (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s clock is the official timekeeping device for the Promotion.
The sponsor of the Promotion is Piggly Wiggly Midwest, LLC (“Sponsor”). BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROMOTION, EACH ENTRANT UNCONDITIONALLY ACCEPTS AND AGREES TO COMPLY WITH AND BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF SPONSOR, WHICH ARE FINAL AND BINDING.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of Wisconsin and Illinois who are 18 years of age or older and have a Piggly Wiggly Midwest loyalty card at the time of entry. If entrant does not have a Piggly Wiggly Midwest loyalty card at the time of entry, entrant may request one for free at any Piggly Wiggly location. The officers, directors and employees of Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”), are ineligible to enter the Promotion or win the Prize (defined below). Household Members and Immediate Family Members of the Released Parties are also not eligible to enter or win. “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence whether or not they are related. “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are two ways to enter the Promotion:
a. Online Entry: Visit the www.shopthepig.com website during the Promotion Period and follow the instructions to complete and submit the entry form (“Online Entry Form”) or
b. Mail-In Entry: Handwrite your first and last name, Piggly Wiggly Midwest loyalty card number, email address, and phone number on a 3” x 5” card (“Mail-In Entry”) and mail it in an outer envelope with sufficient postage to PIGGLY WIGGLY SUMMER JEEP GIVEAWAY, 2215 Union Ave. Sheboygan, WI 53081. Mail-in Entries must be received by Sponsor during the Promotion Period and no later than August 31, 2022.
You will be entered into the Promotion when Sponsor receives your Online Entry Form or your Mail-In Entry. All entrants will receive one hundred fifty (150) Pig Points. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER ENTRANT REGARDLESS OF THE METHOD OF ENTRY.
Proof of submitting an entry does not constitute proof of receipt by Sponsor. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned to the entrant or acknowledged. Entries submitted by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means, entries by any means which subvert the entry process, entries mechanically reproduced, and entries made in any fashion other than as specified herein are void and will be disqualified. Entry must be made by the entrant. Any attempt by entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of a prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below.
In the event of a dispute, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
4. PRIZE(S): The prizes are as follows:
Grand Prize: One (1) winner will win a 2022 Jeep® Wrangler® Unlimited Sahara 4×4 (the “Vehicle Prize”), which has an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of fifty-one thousand seventy dollars ($51,070). Instead of taking title to the automobile, the Grand Prize winner will have the option of receiving a check for fifty thousand dollars $50,000 (the “Cash Prize”);
First Prize: One thousand (1,000) winners will receive four hundred fifty (450) Pig Points (the “First Prize”). Including the Pig Points First Prize winners receive at the time of entry, First Prize winners will each receive a total of six hundred (600) Pig Points. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the First Prize is thirty cents ($.30). The total ARV for the First Prize is three hundred dollars ($300); and
Second Prize: Eleven thousand (11,000) winners will receive an additional one hundred fifty (150) Pig Points (“Second Prize”). Including the Pig Points Second Prize winners receive at the time of Entry, Second Prize winners will each receive a total of three hundred (300) Pig Points. The ARV of the Second Prize is fifteen cents ($.15). The total ARV for the Second Prize is one thousand six hundred fifty dollars ($1,650).
The total ARV of the Vehicle Prize, First Prize and Second Prize is fifty-three thousand twenty dollars ($53,020), and the total ARV of the Cash Prize, First Prize and Second Prize is fifty-one thousand nine hundred fifty dollars ($51,950). LIMIT ONE (1) PRIZE PER WINNER.
Sponsor will determine all features of the Vehicle Prize, including exterior and interior color and options. Winner is solely responsible for all costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of the Vehicle Prize, including, but not limited to, registration, license and title fees, gas, costs of vehicle insurance, and any desired upgrades/options. Winner must provide a valid U.S. driver’s license and proof of insurance in order to take delivery of the Vehicle Prize. Sponsor in its sole discretion will determine the dealership and date and time for vehicle delivery. VEHICLE PRIZE WINNER MUST TAKE DELIVERY OF THE VEHICLE BY SEPTEMBER 30, 2022. If winner declines to or cannot take delivery of vehicle within such period, the Vehicle Prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries at Sponsor’s sole discretion. In accepting the Vehicle Prize, winner acknowledges and agrees that operation of a motor vehicle has certain inherent risks of injury and harm to person and property. Vehicle shown in promotional materials may be different from the actual vehicle awarded as the Vehicle Prize.
No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. Prizes are awarded “AS IS” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor, except for the standard warranty provided with the vehicle. Prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer, and Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Except where prohibited by law, winner is solely responsible for all expenses not specifically included herein and all federal, state and/or local taxes, and fees in connection with a prize. Grand Prize winner will be required to provide his/her Social Security number or tax ID for tax reporting purposes. Prizes are non-transferable, and no substitution by winner or cash equivalent is allowed. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of equal or greater value. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of a prize. If there is a monetary difference between the stated prize value and the actual prize value, the difference will not be awarded.
5. WINNER SELECTION: On or about September 13, 2022, the potential Grand Prize, First Prize, and Second Prize winners will be selected in random drawings from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. All decisions of Sponsor regarding the Promotion are made in the Sponsor’s sole discretion and are final and binding in all respects. All potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential winners will be notified by email at the email address provided during entry on or about September 16, 2022 (the “Notification”). Potential winners must accept the email and must follow the instructions provided in the Notification to claim his/her prize, which shall include signing and returning an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release (an “Affidavit”) within seventy-two (72) hours of notification. If a potential winner does not properly execute an Affidavit or if a potential winner does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, his/her prize will be forfeited. Any potential winner’s rejection of a prize or return of a prize may result in disqualification and prize forfeiture, and Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select an alternate potential winner from among all remaining eligible entries received.
Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account. Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable within the Notification period or potential winner’s rejection of a prize or return of a prize may result in disqualification and prize forfeiture, and Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select an alternate potential winner from among all remaining eligible entries received.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules, and Sponsor’s decisions, which are made in Sponsor’s sole discretion and are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinion and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who is responsible for, tampers with, cheats, deceives, or otherwise engages in unfair practices concerning the administration, operation or security of the Promotion or intends to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incorrect or incomplete entries; (b) any typographical errors in the offer or administration of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, errors in any Promotion-related materials, including all advertising for the Promotion, these Official Rules and the distribution of the prizes; (c) incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (d) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Promotion; (e) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Promotion; (f) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (g) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (h) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Promotion or download of any materials in the Promotion.
If the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason, which may include, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, regularly scheduled maintenance, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, an act of God, supply shortages, natural disasters, epidemics, pandemics, or any other reason, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend the drawing and prize award, and Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes using all known eligible entries received as of the date of termination in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor and Released Parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Promotion.
10. RELEASE: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Promotion, entrants agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Promotion or the receipt, acceptance, use or misuse of a prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Promotion; (b) technical malfunctions related to computer hardware or software, servers, Internet connectivity, or telephone or network lines; (c) garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; (d) typographical or printing errors in any Promotion-related materials; (e) errors in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; (f) late, lost, delayed, intercepted or undeliverable mail or email; (g) unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Promotion, including, without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bug, worm, or destruction of any aspect of the Promotion; or (h) injury or damage to persons or property and/or death, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from an entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt, use, or misuse of a prize. Each entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of participating in the Promotion, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages (other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses) and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
11. GOVERNING LAW: The Promotion is governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin without regard to conflicts of law principles. Entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal or state courts located in the State of Wisconsin for the resolution of any disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or relating to this Promotion or a prize (individually, “Claim”). All Claims shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Any claims, judgments and/or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including without limitation costs incurred with entering this Promotion. Entrant hereby waives any rights or claims to attorney’s fees, indirect, special, punitive, incidental or consequential damages of entrant, identifiable persons, or third party participants, whether foreseeable or not and whether based on negligence or otherwise.
12. TRADEMARKS: Jeep® and Wrangler® are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC. The Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with FCA US LLC.
13. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the prize winners, visit winajeep.shopthepig.com or to obtain a full list of prize winners send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received no later than November 15, 2022 to: Piggly Wiggly Midwest Jeep Winners List, 2215 Union Ave, Sheboygan, Wisconsin 53081.
14. SPONSOR: Piggly Wiggly Midwest, LLC, 2215 Union Ave, Sheboygan, Wisconsin 53081.