Perdue – America’s Pickiest Eater Contest – Limited Entry Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL RULES FOR THE PERDUE® AMERICA’S PICKIEST EATER CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND WHERE PROHIBITED. SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, INSTAGRAM OR TWITTER.
1. Entry Period: The PERDUE® America’s Pickiest Eater (“CONTEST”) begins at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on January 8, 2020, and ends at 11:59 PM ET on March 1, 2020 (“Contest Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest. Entry Period: 01/08/2020 at 12:00 am ET to 03/01/2020 at 11:59 pm ET
Winner Notification Dates: (On or About) 03/06/2020 2. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry, and who are the parent or legal guardian of the minor child aged 4 to 13 they are nominating for the Contest. Officers, directors, and employees of Perdue Foods, LLC (“Sponsor”), Donovan Advertising (“Administrator”), and their respective parents, subsidiaries, representatives, contractors, consultants, mandatories, affiliated companies, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, legal counsel, website providers, webmasters, persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Contest, and their immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each) and/or persons living in the same household as such officers, directors, and employees (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter or win a prize in this Contest. Entry into this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. How to Enter: You may enter the Contest in one of three (3) ways during the Contest Period:
(i) go to www.americaspickiesteater.com and follow the instructions to upload your nomination with a brief description of why your child is the pickiest eater in America, and submit with your entry form. The photo or video that you submit must meet the requirements set forth below and must otherwise be compliant with all of the provisions of these Official Rules. You must provide all required information on the entry form to be eligible to enter, including without limitation first and last name, email address, and your agreement to provide a license and publicity release to Sponsor to use your entry (as further described below). Once you have completed these steps, you will automatically be entered with one (1) entry into the Contest.
(ii) go to the PERDUE® Instagram page at http://instagram.com/perduechicken and become a follower. Then post an original photograph or video on your Instagram account of your child and a brief description of why you’re nominating him or her as the pickiest eater in America, including the hashtags #AmericasPickiestEater and #Contest in the caption field. The photo or video that you post must meet the requirements set forth below and must otherwise be compliant with all of the provisions of these Official Rules. Once you have completed these steps, you will automatically be entered with one (1) entry into the Contest. You must be a follower of PERDUE® on Instagram and include both the #AmericasPickiestEater and #Contest hashtags in your post in order for your entry to be eligible. By entering, you agree to provide a license and publicity release to Sponsor to use your entry (as further described below). You must have an Instagram account and your account must be set to the “public” setting to enter via this method. If you do not have an Instagram account, you may sign up for a free account at www.instagram.com. Text and data charges may apply if you are accessing Instagram from your mobile device to enter this Contest. Check your wireless carrier for mobile phone capabilities and pricing plan details. Note: If you stop following the PERDUE® Instagram account or deactivate your Instagram account at any time prior to the selection of winners, as described below, your entry will be void. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Instagram account.
(iii) go to the PERDUE® Twitter page at http://twitter.com/perduechicken and become a follower. Then post an original photograph or video on your Twitter account of your child and a brief description of why you’re nominating him or her as the pickiest eater in America, including the hashtags #AmericasPickiestEater and #Contest in the caption field. The photo or video that you post must meet the requirements set forth below and must otherwise be compliant with all of the provisions of these Official Rules. Once you have completed these steps, you will automatically be entered with one (1) entry into the Contest. You must be a follower of PERDUE® on Twitter and include both the #AmericasPickiestEater and #Contest hashtags in your post in order for your entry to be eligible. By entering, you agree to provide a license and publicity release to Sponsor to use your entry (as further described below). You must have a Twitter account and your account must be set to the “public” setting to enter via this method. If you do not have a Twitter account, you may sign up for a free account at www.twitter.com. Text and data charges may apply if you are accessing Twitter from your mobile device to enter this Contest. Check your wireless carrier for mobile phone capabilities and pricing plan details. Note: If you stop following the PERDUE® Twitter account or deactivate your Twitter account at any time prior to the selection of winners, as described below, your entry will be void. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account.
Entries received via any of the methods described above will be referenced herein as each an “Entry”. The person who submits the Entry will be considered the entrant (“Entrant”). For avoidance of doubt, the Entrant is the parent or legal guardian who submits the Entry, not the child who is nominated within the Entry as America’s pickiest eater; the prize will be awarded in the name of the parent or legal guardian. Submission of erroneous or incomplete information will void the submitted Entry. Limit one (1) Entry per person and per household, regardless of method of entry. If multiple Entries are received in excess of the stated limitation from any person, household, Instagram or Twitter account on any day during the Contest Period, only the first such Entry received from such person, household, Instagram or Twitter account that day will be eligible for entry. By submitting an Entry via Instagram or Twitter, the Entrant consents to being contacted by direct message (“DM”) on Instagram or Twitter if selected as a potential winner. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Should multiple users of the same Instagram or Twitter account enter the Contest and a dispute thereafter arises regarding the identity of the Entrant, the authorized account holder of said Instagram or Twitter account at the time of entry will be considered the Entrant and required to comply with these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the Instagram or Twitter account will be deemed to be the Entrant and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the Instagram or Twitter account. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder or forfeit the prize. Each online Entry submission must be manually key stroked and manually entered by the individual Entrant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of Entries (including but not limited to Entries made using any script, macro, bot or Contest service) will be disqualified. No mechanical reproductions or facsimiles of mail-in entries will be accepted and all such entries will be void. All Entries must be in English. Normal Internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply.
Your Entry may not contain any content that the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines to: (a) be vulgar, offensive, sexually explicit, profane or pornographic;
(b) be derogatory of any race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability; endorses any form of hate or hate group; defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people, products or companies;
(c) be violent or promotes the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, or weapons; promotes unsafe activities;
(d) be the previous recipient of any award;
(e) be previously published;
(f) promote any political agenda or message;
(g) appear to duplicate any other submitted Entry;
(h) contain copyrighted materials owned by others;
(i) contain third-party trademarks, logos, trade dress or insignia, except The PERDUE© materials (as defined below), including brand names of products;
(j) contain any personal identification, such as persons’ names, e-mail addresses, street addresses or license plate numbers;
(k) communicate messages inconsistent with the positive image of the Sponsor’s name and/or any of its brands;
(l) contain any material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
(m) violate any federal, state or local laws or ordinances; or
(n) include or refer to any third parties, including but not limited to minors, celebrities and friends, who have not expressly authorized such inclusion or reference. Entrant must be prepared to provide signed third party authorizations upon request.
The Sponsor reserves the right to reject any Entry which Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, does not meet the above criteria or is otherwise offensive or is not in keeping with the Sponsor’s image and reputation. Sponsor reserves the right to remove any Entry without prior notice. Sponsor grants you a limited revocable, non-sub-licensable, license to use PERDUE© trademarks, logos, and trade dress (collectively, “The PERDUE© materials”) for the sole purpose of creating an Entry and you may make no further use whatsoever of the Entry for any other purpose. In addition, you agree that all of the right, title, and interest in The PERDUE© materials shall vest exclusively in Sponsor, and you will not have or take any action that might harm or adversely affect such rights. No right, title, or interest in and to The PERDUE© materials except for the limited license granted to you in these Official Rules is being transferred or created.
2. Creativity and Originality of the entry (50%) The Entry with the highest score among all eligible Entries received during the Entry Period based on the Judging Criteria set forth above will be deemed the potential prize winner, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. In the event of a tie, an additional, “tie-breaking” judge will determine the winning Entry based on the Judging Criteria. Decisions of judges are final and binding. One (1) GRAND PRIZE winner will be selected. Verification of Potential Winners: ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR AND/OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
5. Prizes: There is a total of one (1) Grand Prize package to be won. The Total Estimated Retail Value (“ERV”) of the Grand Prize package is $15,000. Grand Prize Descriptions 1. 1 Year of free PERDUE® CHICKEN PLUS™ products, consisting of four 22 oz. bags (selected at Sponsor’s discretion) shipped out from Administrator once a month for 1 year. Estimate Retail Value: $1500
2. The Winner’s entry to be featured in PERDUE® CHICKEN PLUS™ digital and print advertising for a limited time. Estimated Retail Value: N/A3. 1 Ton (2,000 lbs.) of PERDUE® CHICKEN PLUS™ products to the school of winner’s choice. Estimated Retail Value: $8,500
4. Perdue will host an hour-long event at the school of winner’s choice (with the permission of school administration). PERDUE® CHICKEN PLUS™ products, drinks and dessert will be provided at event. Estimated Retail Value: $5,000 Winners will be responsible for all taxes (including federal, state and local taxes) and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of the prize not described herein as being awarded. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash, or substitutable except by Sponsor, which reserves the right, at its discretion, to substitute the prize or a portion of the prize with one of comparable or greater value. Sponsor will not replace lost or stolen prizes. Limit one (1) prize per person and per household for the duration of the Contest Period. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Contest. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available. Potential winner will be notified on or about March 6, 2020 by email or DM to his or her Instagram account or Twitter account (as applicable) and will be required to respond within three (3) business days of such notification. Except where legally prohibited, the potential winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release within five (5) days of the issuance of such document in order to claim his/her prize. If any prize or winner notification sent to a potential winner is undeliverable, or any phone number provided by a potential winner is incorrect or no longer in service, or a response to any given e-mail, phone call or DM is not received within three (3) business days of the date of its issuance, or if he/she fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release within the required time period (if applicable), or a potential winner does not comply with these Official Rules (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) or is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected in accordance with the selection criteria described above. Alternate winners will be selected until an Affidavit is received by the Sponsor within the required time period and an official winner is confirmed.
6. Release/Limitations of Liability and General Conditions: By participating, Entrants agree, on behalf of themselves and their children featured in Entries, as follows: a) to abide by these Official Rules, and to the decisions of Sponsor and the Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects; and b) THAT SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER AND ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND SUPPLIERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OR INJURY TO ANY PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE CONTEST PRIZE, ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. EVERYTHING RELATING TO THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, delayed, interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP), server, or other connections, miscommunications, failed phone, computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other errors or malfunctions, problems or difficulties of any kind whether computer, network, human, mechanical, electronic, printing, typographical or otherwise relating to or in connection with this Contest, including, without limitation, errors, problems or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of Entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials or for any damage to Entrant’s or other person’s hardware or software as a result of participation. Released Parties are also not responsible for Entries or mail that are illegible, lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered or postage due, garbled or delayed by computer transmissions, and all such Entries are void. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest or who are in violation of these Official Rules as solely determined by Sponsor will be disqualified and their Entry/ies will be void. Every Entry must be manually keystroked and manually entered by Entrant and repetitive automated electronic submission of Entries is specifically disallowed. Use of script, macro or automated entry software or programs or any other means that subvert the entry process is prohibited and all such Entries will be void. In the event the Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, worms, non-authorized human intervention, or other causes which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Contest, or if the Contest is unable to run as planned for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest or any portion thereof and/or terminate the participation of any Entrant (and void his/her Entry/ies) whose conduct potentially compromises the Contest and, if terminated, at its sole discretion award the prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect Entries received prior to the act requiring such termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. CAUTION: Any attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to damage any website associated with this Contest or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Winners List/Official Rules: The names of the winners (available after 4/6/2020) and/or a copy of these Official Rules may be obtained by mailing a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: PERDUE® America’s Pickiest Eater Contest – Winners/Rules (please specify which), 180 West Airport Rd, Lititz PA 17543.
12. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of this Contest is: Perdue Foods, LLC, P.O. Box 1537, Salisbury, MD 21802. The Administrator of this Contest is: Donovan Advertising, 180 West Airport Rd, Lititz, PA 17543 Perdue Foods, LLC shall not be liable for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. Copyright © 2019 Perdue Foods, LLC. All trademarks and logos used herein are trademarks of Perdue Foods, LLC or other owners in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved.
Instagram and Twitter are not sponsors or promoters of this Contest.