Pepsi-Cola – Giant Eagle Back To School Gift Card – Win an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of the prize
GIANT EAGLE® BACK TO SCHOOL GIFT CARD SWEEPSTAKESOfficial Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1) SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. ET (midnight) on 8/15/19 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on 8/25/19 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
2) HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, you can enter via the following methods:
A) TEXT MESSAGE: Use your mobile phone to text “SCHOOL” to phone number 99888 and you will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes. Participants must have a mobile phone with text messaging capabilities to enter by text message and may incur standard text message and data charges from their wireless service provider for each message sent and received. Approximately a total of three (3) text messages will be required to participate. Check with your wireless service provider for details on any applicable charges. Participants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges. Not all wireless carriers participate. By entering this sweepstakes via text messaging, the entrant is consenting to receive text and phone messages regarding the Sweepstakes. Entrants will be given the opportunity to “cancel” (or unsubscribe) each time they receive a text message by sending “STOP” to the phone number above.
B) INTERNET: Visit www.pepsipromos.com/school and follow the on-screen instructions to properly complete and submit an online entry.
Limit one (1) entry per day, per person. A “day” is defined as a twenty-four (24) hour time period beginning at 12:00 a.m. (midnight) ET and ending at 11:59 p.m. ET. The time clock of the Sweepstakes administrator is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
In the event of dispute over the identity of a potential winner, an online or text message entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of such email address or wireless phone number submitted at the time of entry, and potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such email address or wireless phone number. It is solely the responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her email, wireless phone number or postal address during the Sweepstakes Period. Proof of emailing/texting does not constitute proof of delivery or entry. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Each entry submission must be manually keystroked and manually entered by the individual entrant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email/IP addresses or wireless phone numbers may be blocked.
3) ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the United States, residing in IN, MD, OH, PA, and WV, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, contractors, directors, and officers of Giant Eagle, PepsiCo, Inc., Pepsi-Cola Company (“Sponsor”) and its bottlers, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively “Sponsor and Promotion Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step” of each) and those living in the same households as such employees are not eligible to participate.
GRAND PRIZES: Two (2) Grand Prizes will be awarded, each consisting of one (1) $500 Giant Eagle Gift Card*. Actual Retail Value (“ARV”): $500.
FIRST PRIZES: Ten (10) First Prizes will be awarded, each consisting of a $200 Giant Eagle Gift Card*. ARV: $200.
SECOND PRIZES: Twenty (20) Second Prizes will be awarded, each consisting of a $100 Giant Eagle Gift Card*. ARV: $100.
*Gift Cards are subject to the terms and conditions set by the issuer.Limit one (1) prize per name, address and/or household.
5) DRAWING: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period on or about 8/26/19. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. Drawing will be conducted by an independent judging organization, whose decisions shall be final and binding. All prizes will be awarded.
6) WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified by text, email or phone at the phone number or email address provided upon entry, within one (1) day of the drawing. If a potential prize winner is notified by text, email or phone, he/she will be required to respond within seventy-two (72) hours or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued wireless service which may result in a potential winner not receiving initial prize notification. Once potential winner notification is confirmed to Sponsor, the potential prize winner may be sent an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release to be signed and returned within the number of days indicated on the Affidavit. In the event (i) the attempted notification is returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address; (ii) a telephone or text message notification is not confirmed to Sponsor within seventy-two (72) hours; (iii) any required documents are not returned within the required number of days; or (iv) if winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Allow three (3) to five (5) weeks for delivery of the prize following the notification process. Prizes will only be delivered to addresses within IN, MD, OH, PA, and WV.
7) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor, Promotion Parties and Giant Eagle assume no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download of any materials in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor, such as by way of example and not by way of limitation, in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment, and Sponsor shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may modify and amend these Official Rules as they may appear online from time to time during the Promotion for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
8) RELEASES: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants release Sponsor and Promotion Parties, including Giant Eagle, from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting a play or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded, or while preparing for, participating in or traveling to or from any prize-related activity or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of any prize. The winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to their prize after it has been delivered. Sponsor and Promotion Parties make no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize; except for any express manufacturer’s warranty as may be included with the prize. Except for residents of Tennessee and where prohibited by law, winner grants to Sponsor the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide in any media, now known or hereinafter known, the winner’s name, address, voice, statement, picture or other likeness, without additional compensation, for public relations, advertising and promotional purposes as may be determined by Sponsor.
10) CONDUCT: By participating in this Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor that shall be final and binding in all respects. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the play process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11) WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, postmarked by 9/25/19 to: Giant Eagle Back to School Gift Card Sweepstakes Winners’ List c/o PSG, PO Box 941459, Maitland, FL 32794-1459.
12) SPONSOR: Pepsi-Cola Company, 1111 Westchester Avenue, White Plains, NY 10604.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY. Participation is subject to complete Official Rules available at www.pepsipromos.com/school. To enter without texting, visit www.pepsipromos.com/school and follow the instructions for entering. Open to legal residents of the U.S. residing in IN, MD, OH, PA, and WV, 18 years or older. Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. ET on 8/15/19 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on 8/25/19. Void where prohibited.
© 2019 PepsiCo, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This ad contains valuable trademarks owned and used by PepsiCo, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates to distinguish products of outstanding quality.