People Magazine – Thank You Coach Presented By Arm & Hammer – Win be awarded to the Organization/School in the form of a check
“THANK YOU, COACH” Sweepstakes Rules
Instant Win Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”)
Sweepstakes ID 112
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
NOTICE TO ONLINE ENTRANTS
In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address submitted by the entrant or associated with the Instagram account from which the entry was submitted. Authorized Account Holder means the natural person to whom the e-mail address, Instagram account is registered. Any entrant may be required to show proof of being the Authorized Account Holder to Sponsor’s satisfaction. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, damaged or illegible entries; or (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for the incompatibility of entrant’s hardware, software or browser technology. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you, or your parent/legal guardian on your behalf if you are a minor, (i) agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and the independent administrative organization, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to: (i) permanently disqualify from any Sweepstakes it sponsors any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules; and (ii) withdraw the online method of entry if it becomes technically corrupted (including if a computer virus or system malfunction inalterably impairs its ability to conduct the Sweepstakes), and to select winners from among all eligible entries received prior to withdrawal.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: People Magazine “Thank You, Coach” Sweepstakes presented by Arm & Hammer (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, age 13 or older at the time of entry. If a participant is a minor in his/her state of primary residence, he/she must have his/her parent/legal guardian’s permission to participate and submit a Nomination, as defined below. Coaches, as defined below, must be age 18 or older and a legal resident of and his/her Organization/School, as defined below, must be located in the 50 United States or District of Columbia. Void in Puerto Rico and wherever else prohibited by law. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors and agents of TI Media Solutions (the “Sponsor”), People Magazine, Church & Dwight Co., Inc., US Sweepstakes & Fulfillment Company (the “Administrator”), their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) of, and/or those living in the same household of each, are not eligible to participate. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By participating, you, or your parent/legal guardian on your behalf if you are a minor, represent and warrant that you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes.
2. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on Thursday, August 15, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on Monday, September 30, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. Nomination: IMPORTANT: Before nominating a Coach, as defined below, each eligible participant (the “Nominator”) must get such Coach’s permission to be included in a nomination including the use of his/her name and photograph in the Nomination and including the public posting by Nominator online or on Instagram, as applicable.
There are three (3) methods for a Nominator to submit a nomination for his/her coach who has inspired them (a “Coach”). Coach must be a coach of a sports team for players in grades 1-12 or ages 6-17 during the most recent, current, or upcoming season for a team in an organized youth sports organization, a registered public school or accredited private or charter school (“Organization/School”).
Method #1 – Online Nomination: Nominator must visit https://partneredcontent.people.com/arm-hammer/thank-you-coach/ and follow all instructions to complete and submit the form in its entirety including his/her name, phone number and email address, the name of his/her Coach, the name and city/state of the Organization/School, a photo of the Coach and/or Nominator (the “Online Photo”) and a brief description up to 100 words about how he/she was inspired by the Coach to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (the “Online Nomination”). Limit: Three (3) Online Nominations per person during the Sweepstakes Period. Each Online Nomination must be for a different Coach. Online Nominations must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. IMPORTANT: MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY TO USE OF MOBILE PHONE/DEVICE TO PARTICIPATE IN SWEEPSTAKES ONLINE.
Sponsor may not receive Nominations from Instagram users with “protected” accounts or profiles that are not public (i.e. user has set the Account so that only people the user has approved can view updates). Instagram posts not received by the Sponsor will not be entered into the Sweepstakes. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address or Instagram account. Incomplete Nominations will not be accepted and are void.
#3 – Mail-in Nomination: Nominators may mail a postcard, including his/her name, phone number and email address, the name of his/her Coach, the name and city/state of the Organization/School and a brief description up to 100 words about how he/she was inspired by the Coach, to: The People Magazine Thank You, Coach Sweepstakes, 625 Panorama Trail (Suite 2100), Rochester, NY 14625-2437, to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Each postcard must be mailed separately and must be postmarked between Thursday, August 15, 2019 and Monday, September 30, 2019, and received by Monday, October 7, 2019 (the “Mail-in Nomination”). Photocopied, illegible, or mechanically reproduced Nominations are not eligible. All Nominations become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected or postage-due mailed Nominations.
Online Nomination, Instagram Nomination and Mail-In Nomination collectively referred to herein as “Nomination” or “Nominations”. Online Photo and Instagram Photo collectively referred to herein as “Photo” or “Photos”. All methods of nomination have an equal chance of winning.
For the avoidance of doubt, uploading a photo to Instagram alone will NOT result in an entry into the Sweepstakes. Once a Nomination is submitted it cannot be modified by a Nominator. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, garbled, inaccurate, invalid, misdirected, undelivered, or delayed Nominations. No altered or incomplete submissions will be accepted.
4. Sweepstakes Entry Requirements & Conditions: All Nominations must comply with the following minimum guidelines to be eligible:
The Nominator and/or Coach should be the primary subject of the Photo. No other individuals may appear in the Photo without express written permission. If Photo features a minor under the age of majority in his/her state of residence, you must obtain written permission from the minor’s parent or legal guardian.
Photos submitted via Instagram must include the hashtags #MorePowerToYou and #Sweepstakes and @armandhammer in the post caption.
Photos must conform to the format and size requirements and limitations of the Sweepstakes Website or Instagram.
Description of how Nominator was inspired by the Coach must be written in English.
Nomination and Photo cannot contain content that is irrelevant to the purpose of the Sweepstakes.
Once a Photo has been submitted, it cannot be modified or deleted by Nominator.
Each submitted Photo must be original, on which no image editing software has been used.
No duplicate Photos or substantially similar Photos, as determined by the Sponsor’s in its sole discretion, may be submitted.
By submitting a Photo taken by a third party, Nominator warrants and represents that he/she has secured all rights and clearances to the Photo from the photographer.
Nomination and Photo cannot be profane, pornographic, sexually explicit or suggestive or contain nudity.
Nomination and Photo cannot be violent or promote firearms/weapons.
Nomination and Photo cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs or tobacco.
Nomination and Photo cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about people, brands, products or companies.
Nomination and Photo cannot contain content that defaces or depicts any person, brand, product or company in a negative or inappropriate manner.
Nomination and Photo cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group or be derogatory to any ethic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group.
Nomination and Photo cannot reference or contain materials embodying copyrighted images, names, likenesses or other indicia identifying any brand, products, company or person, living or dead, without permission.
Nomination and Photo cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor and Instagram wish to associate.
Nomination and Photo cannot depict illegal activity and cannot itself be in violation of any law.
Nomination and Photo cannot in any way reference persons or organizations without written permission from any person or organization whose name or likeness is used.
Nomination and Photo may not include images of a known celebrity, famous or well-known person or any image which violates the right of privacy or publicity of any person.
Photo cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or won any previous awards.
By submitting a Nomination, the Nominator understands and grants to the Sponsor and Church & Dwight Co., Inc. an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive worldwide license to use his/her Nomination, Photo, name, hometown and likeness on the Sponsor’s various websites and social media sites and in advertising and/or promotional activities worldwide without compensation, permission or notification. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to alter, change or modify any Nomination, which includes the Photo.
By submitting a Nomination, Nominator warrants and represents that: (a) Nomination does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other legal or moral rights of any person or entity; (b) Nominator owns all rights or license to the Nomination, including without limitation, copyrights, and has received prior written permission from a third party if any Photo was photographed by someone other than the Nominator him/herself; and (c) Nominator will indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator, Church & Dwight Co., Inc. and related entities, agents and assigns from any claims and damages (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from or relating to the breach or alleged breach of your representations and warranties herein, the Nomination, or Nominator’s conduct in creating the Nomination, the acceptance or use of any prize or otherwise in connection with this Sweepstakes.
SWEEPSTAKES NOMINATIONS ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL NOMINATOR AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER.
5. Prizes/Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”)/Odds:
Grand Prizes: There are twenty (20) Grand Prizes available to be won. The Grand Prize consists of a $5,000 check to be issued directly to the Organization/School associated with the Coach that is subject of the corresponding Nomination. Grand Prize will be awarded to the Organization/School in the form of a check. The ARV of Grand Prize: $5,000 each.
The total ARV of all prizes available to be won: $100,000.
Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible Nominations received, but is estimated at 1:1,000.
6. Random Drawing: The potential winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about Wednesday, October 15, 2019 from among all eligible Nominations received (each, a “Grand Prize Winning Nomination”) during the Sweepstakes Period by US Sweepstakes & Fulfillment Company, an independent agent of the Sponsor whose decisions are final.
7. Winner Notification: In the event a potential Grand Prize Winning Nomination was submitted online or by mail, the Nominator associated with potential Grand Prize Winning Nomination will be notified via email and/or phone, on or around Friday, October 17, 2019. Each Nominator who submitted a potentially Grand Prize Winning Nomination will be required to sign and return, within seven (7) days of notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Waiver and where allowable, a Publicity Release (collectively, “the Releases”). If Nominator is a minor in his/her state of primary residence, the Releases must be signed by such Nominator’s parent/legal guardian on his/her behalf. The Coach and an authorized agent of the Organization/School associated with a potentially Grand Prize Winning Nomination will also be required to sign and return, within fourteen (14) days of notification or other deadline as determined by Sponsor, the Releases. Nominator must provide the contact information for the Coach associated with the Nomination, and Nominator and/or Coach must provide the contact information for an authorized representative of the Organization/School associated with each potential Grand Prize Winning Nomination. Coach and Organization School may be required to provide additional proof of eligibility, to Sponsor’s satisfaction, prior to issuance of the Grand Prize. Noncompliance will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected.
In the event a potential Grand Prize Winning Nomination was submitted via Instagram, the Nominator who submitted such Nomination will be initially notified via direct message and/or comment from @armandhammer to his/her public Instagram account (the “Initial Notification”) on or about Friday, October 17, 2019. To begin the prize claim process, potential Nominator must respond as instructed to the Initial Notification with his/her full name and email address within 72 hours of the Initial Notification. Within three (3) days of confirmation of the information received from a Nominator in response to the Initial Notification, such potential Nominator will receive a second notification (the “Second Notification”) via email from the Sweepstakes Administrator and will be required to sign and return (or, if a minor, such Nominator’s parent/legal guardian will be required to sign and return), the Releases and provide the contact information for the Coach and an authorized representative of the Organization/School associated with the potential Grand Prize Winning Nomination within seven (7) days of the Second Notification or other deadline as stated in the Second Notification. The Coach and an authorized agent of the Organization/School associated with the potentially Grand Prize Winning Nomination will also be required to sign and return, within fourteen (14) days of notification or other deadline as determined by Sponsor, the Releases as detailed above. If the Nominator who submitted the potential Grand Prize Winning Nomination does not reply to the Initial Notification and the Second Notification with the required information and within the specified time period, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winning Nomination may be selected in a separate random drawing.
The Coach associated with the potentially winning Nomination and the Organization/School will also be required to submit to a background check to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person/entity in advertising or publicity for the Sweepstakes will not bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sweepstakes or Sponsor, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify Coach and/or Organization/School on the basis of the findings resulting from such background check or if any such person/entity fails to properly authorize and/or provide the required information in connection with such background check.
Prizes will be awarded within 45 days after winner is verified.
If any notification is returned as undeliverable or if the selected winner cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason, or if a Nominator, Coach or Organization/School is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected in a separate random drawing.
8. Prize Conditions: All expenses related to the acceptance or use of the prize are the sole responsibility of the Organization/School receiving the Grand Prize check.
Prizes are non-assignable or transferable. No substitution is permitted except if prize or prize component is unavailable, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Any other incidental expenses on prize not specified herein are the sole responsibility of winner. Once the prize has been delivered to the winner, the prize is considered awarded.
Prize recipient is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes associated with receipt of prize.
Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and Church & Dwight Co., Inc. to use Coach’s and winning Organization/School’s name, prize won, hometown, likeness, video tape, photographs, and statements for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity (including online posting) in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission.
9. Release: Participating Nominators, Coaches and Organizations/Schools agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of US Sweepstakes & Fulfillment Company and the Sponsor, and release the Sponsor, Administrator, People Magazine, Church & Dwight Co., Inc., Instagram, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related entities, successors and assigns, units and sponsors, divisions and advertising and promotional agencies, prize suppliers and all other businesses involved in this Sweepstakes, and all entities involved in the production, sponsorship and/or promotion of the prize, or any part thereof, including, without limitation, the respective directors, employees, representatives and agents of each (collectively, the “Released Entities”), from all claims and liability relating to their participation in the Sweepstakes and the acceptance and use/misuse of the prize offered. Grand Prize Winning Nominations and the Nominators associated therewith assume all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in this Sweepstakes or use/misuse or redemption of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer and/or administration of the Sweepstakes and/or in the announcement of the prize.
10. Indemnity: Grand Prize Winning Nominations and the Nominators associated therewith shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Entities from and against any and all claims, damages, actions, liability, loss, injury or expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in connection with: (a) participation in the Sweepstakes; (b) a breach or allegation which if true would constitute a breach, of any of winner’s representations, warranties or obligations herein; and (c) acceptance, possession, grant, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising therefrom.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, participating Nominators, Coaches and Organizations/Schools agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the state of Iowa. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Nominator, Coach and Organization/School’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of Iowa without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Iowa or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of Iowa. The remedy for any claim shall be limited to actual damages, and in no event shall any party be entitled to recover punitive, exemplary, consequential, or incidental damages, including attorney’s fees or other such related costs of bringing a claim, or to rescind this agreement or seek injunctive or any other equitable relief.
ALL PARTICIPATING NOMINATORS, COACHES, ORGANIZATIONS/SCHOOLS AND PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
12. Privacy: By entering and providing the required information, Nominators, Coaches and Organizations/Schools acknowledge that Sponsor or Church & Dwight Co., Inc. may also send information, samples or special offers it believes may be of interest to Nominators, Coaches and Organizations/Schools, or other information or goods offered by its marketing partners. Personal information collected from online Nominators, Coaches and Organizations/Schools is subject to the Sponsor and Church & Dwight Co., Inc. Privacy Policies, which can be found at https://www.meredith.com/legal-ti/people/generic_privacy_new.html and https://www.armandhammer.com/privacy-policy, respectively.
13. Official Rules: To request a copy of the Official Rules, see https://partneredcontent.people.com/arm-hammer/thank-you-coach/, or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by September 9, 2019, to: Thank You, Coach Sweepstakes presented by Arm & Hammer, Rules Request, PO Box 25466, Rochester, NY 14625.
14. Winner Confirmation: For a written confirmation of the winners (available after October 17, 2019) send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (no later than November 30, 2019), to: Thank You, Coach Sweepstakes presented by Arm & Hammer, Winner Confirmation Request, PO Box 25466, Rochester, NY 14625.
15. Sponsor: TI Media Solutions Inc., 225 Liberty St., New York, NY 10281.
NUMBER OF PRIZES
Grand Prize: $5,000 check to be issued directly to the Organization/School associated with the Coach that is subject of the corresponding Nomination.
You Have Not Yet Won. All entries have the same chance of winning. No one will know who the winner is until after the Sweepstakes ends.
Entry Is Free. You don’t have to buy anything to enter. Just complete the online entry form and submit.
Enter as Often as You Like by Mail. Nominators may mail a postcard, including his/her name, phone number and email address, the name of his/her Coach, the name and city/state of the Organization/School and a brief description up to 100 words about how he/she was inspired by the Coach to: People Magazine “Thank You, Coach” Sweepstakes, 625 Panorama Trail (Suite 2100), Rochester, NY 14625-2437. Mailed entries must be postmarked between 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on Thursday, August 15, 2019 and Monday, September 30, 2019, and received by Monday, October 7, 2019. Each postcard must be mailed separately. It is not necessary to await receipt of an entry form.
Buying Won’t Help You Win. Chances of winning without making a purchase are the same as the chances of someone who buys something.
Entry Deadline/Sweepstakes Closing Date. To be eligible to win the prize offered in this Sweepstakes, your entry must be received by the applicable entry dates stated in this communication. If there is no Entry Deadline stated, your entry must be received by the Sweepstakes Closing Date of 09/30/19.
Void in Puerto Rico, Guam, the US Virgin Islands and wherever else prohibited by law.