Pbs – Masterpiece Animal Lovers Giveaway – Win the following Prize
MASTERPIECE Animal Lovers Giveaway: Official Rules
1. To enter this MASTERPIECE Animal Lovers Giveaway (the “Giveaway”), you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. You must have internet access and an active e-mail account to participate.
2. SPONSOR: WGBH Educational Foundation, One Guest Street, Boston, MA 02135.
3. ELIGIBLITY: The Giveaway is open only to permanent legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (but excluding Puerto Rico, Guam and all other U.S. territories and possessions, including overseas military installations) who are 18 years of age or older (or the age of majority in the jurisdiction of their residence, whichever is older) at the time of entry (each, an “Entrant”). Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Employees, officers, directors, trustees and agents of Sponsor, the Public Broadcasting Service (“PBS”), PBS member stations, and shopPBS, or any of their respective related, parent, affiliated or subsidiary companies or who have within six (6) months prior to the start date of the Giveaway performed services for any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Giveaway, supplying prizes (or any component of any prize), and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals (collectively, the “Giveaway Entities”), are not eligible to enter or win. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, grandchildren, step-grandchildren, or spouses, regardless of where they live. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three consecutive months a year, whether related or not. Potential winners may be required to provide proof of eligibility upon request prior to prize award.
4. GIVEAWAY ENTRY: The Giveaway begins on February 18, 2021 at 4:00 pm (ET) and ends on March 19, 2021 at 12:00 pm (ET) (the “Entry Period”).
You may be asked to consent to receive promotional e-mails and reminder e-mails from MASTERPIECE. Consenting to receive promotional or reminder e-mails is optional and does not have to be agreed upon in order to be eligible to participate in the Giveaway and does not improve your chances of winning.
5. AGREEMENT TO THE OFFICIAL RULES: By entering the Giveaway, each Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of WGBH, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Giveaway. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements and guidelines set forth herein.
6. HOW TO ENTER: During the Entry Period stated above, participants may enter the Giveaway by going online at https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/enter-the-masterpiece-animal-lovers-giveaway/ (the “Website”) and entering the Giveaway by completing the online entry form. On the online entry form, each Entrant must provide his/her legal name, telephone number, and a valid email address.
Limit one (1) online Giveaway entry, per eligible person, during the Entry Period. Any attempt by an Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple or different email addresses or identities will void that Entrant’s entry and that Entrant may be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a potential Winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry and such individual will be required to comply with these Official Rules. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any potential Winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entries that are incomplete or corrupted are void. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Incomplete or inaccurate entries, entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and entries by any means which subvert the entry process will not be accepted and are void.
THE WEBSITE MAY NOT BE ACCESSIBLE FROM ALL MOBILE PHONES, HANDHELD DEVICES AND/OR TABLETS. IF AN ENTRANT EXPERIENCES ANY ISSUES ENTERING, HE/SHE SHOULD ACCESS THE WEBSITE AND ENTER FROM A DESKTOP OR LAPTOP COMPUTER.
7. PRIZE: Ten (10) Prize(s) will be awarded in total over the course of the Entry Period as follows: Ten (10) Winner(s) each will receive the following Prize, consisting of: (a) the first season of All Creatures Great and Small on DVD from shopPBS.org; (b) the official companion books by James Herriot, All Creatures Great and Small and All Things Bright and Beautiful; and (c) a pet bandana.
8. RANDOM DRAWING: A total of ten (10) Entrants will be selected as winners (each, a “Winner”) from one (1) random drawing conducted by WGBH on or about March 31, 2021 from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period; ten (10) Winners each will receive one (1) Prize.
9. WINNER NOTIFICATION/VERIFICATION:
(a) Notification: Each Winner will be notified by email (or such other method as determined by Sponsor based on contact information provided in entering the Giveaway). If any potential Winner selected cannot be contacted, or does not respond within five (5) business days of being notified by WGBH, such potential Winner shall forfeit any and all rights to the Prize and, at the discretion of WGBH, an alternate potential Winner may be selected. All decisions of WGBH are final and binding in all respects.
(b) Each potential Winner will be required to complete, sign and return within five (5) business days of transmission of each of the following documents, an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity Release form. If a signed Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form are not returned to WGBH within the specified time period, or if a potential Winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, or declines a Prize for any reason prior to award, the Prize may be forfeited and the potential Prize Winner may be disqualified. If a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, at the discretion of WGBH, an alternate Winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
(c) Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software. If for any reason the Giveway is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures beyond Sponsor’s control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Giveaway, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct the Giveaway and award prizes by means of a random drawing comprised of all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor or otherwise award the prize in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of termination/modification/suspension of Giveaway will be posted on the Website. No responsibility is assumed for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this Giveaway.
Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Giveaway and/or prevent others from participating in the Giveaway. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A GIVEAWAY ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO COOPERATE IN THE PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH AN INDIVIDUAL AND TO PURSUE ALL REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. PRIZE TERMS, CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS:
(a) Each Winner must be at least 18 years of age or older (or the age of majority in the jurisdiction of their residence, whichever is older) at the time of entry.
(b) Each Prize may not be transferred or assigned to another person, and may not be exchanged for a different Prize or redeemed for cash or any other consideration. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by WGBH, who reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion in the event of unavailability.
(c) Limit: One (1) Prize for each Winner. WGBH makes no, and disclaims all, warranties, guarantees or representations, express or implied, concerning the condition, quality, merchantability, and/or fitness of the Prize.
(d) Any and all federal, state and local taxes, fees and surcharges on Prizes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance of the Prize are the sole responsibility of each Winner.
11. APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE OF THE PRIZE: The approximate retail value (the “ARV”) of the Prize is $89.17 (Season One of All Creatures Great and Small on DVD ARV $49.99; official companion books by James Herriot, All Creatures Great and Small and All Things Bright and Beautiful ARV $16.99 each; and, a pet bandana ARV $5.20. Any difference between stated ARV and actual value will not be awarded. Odds of winning the Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
12. CONDITIONS/RELEASE: By participating, Entrants: (a) release the Giveaway Entities and their respective directors, officers, agents and employees from any and all liability for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by Entrant’s participation, including the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the Prize; and (b) acknowledge that said parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Grand Prize, as applicable, including, but not limited to, its quality or availability. In the event WGBH is prevented from continuing with the Giveaway by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the WGBH’s control, WGBH shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Giveaway. Neither WGBH Educational Foundation nor any service providers are responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human or other error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or Web site, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Giveaway.
By entering the Giveaway, each Entrant grants to WGBH and/or PBS the right to use Entrant’s name, likeness, picture, address (city and state only), voice, biographical information, and written or oral statements, for advertising and promotional purposes in connection with the Giveaway, MASTERPIECE, and/or the institutional promotion of WGBH, and/or PBS, without further consideration, review, approval or payment, where allowed by law.
Official Rules will be posted at the Website during the Giveaway Entry Period.
Failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If for any reason the Giveaway is not capable of being executed as planned, or infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of Entrants, technical failures or any other causes which in the sole opinion of WGBH, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Giveaway, WGBH reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any suspect entry or Entrant and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway. In the event of any cancellation, termination or suspension, notice thereof will be posted at pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/animal-lovers-giveaway and the selection of Winners may be made from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date of the termination, cancellation or suspension, as WGBH determines in its sole discretion. Entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification.
13. DISPUTES: Entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Giveaway, and/or the Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Giveaway but in no event attorneys’ fees; (c) under no circumstances will an Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to, claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (d) Entrant’s remedies are limited to a claim for money damages (if any) and each Entrant irrevocably waives any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief.
14. GOVERNING LAW / JURISDICTION: All disputes arising hereunder or in relation to the Giveaway and/or the Prize, shall be brought solely and exclusively in the United States District Court in Boston, Massachusetts or the appropriate Massachusetts State Court located in Suffolk County, Massachusetts and Entrant hereby consents to the jurisdiction of such courts and waives any defense of inconvenient forum.
16. WINNERS LIST: To receive results of the Giveaway (Winners list), send an email to: email@example.com. All such requests must be received by April 15, 2021.