Paypal – Venmo’s Lucky Red Envelope Sweepstakes
Venmo’s Lucky Red Envelope Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
A VENMO ACCOUNT IN GOOD STANDING IS REQUIRED TO RECEIVE A PRIZE. PARTICIPATION AND RECEIPT OF THE PRIZE IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE VENMO USER AGREEMENT. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES YOU AGREE TO THESE RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE PARTICIPATING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SPONSOR FROM YOU.
1. Eligibility: Venmo’s Lucky Red Envelope Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Entrants must have a Venmo account in good standing at the time of winner notification. Employees of PayPal Inc., Merkle Inc., and their parent and affiliate companies as well as their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: PayPal, Inc., 2211 North First Street, San Jose, CA 95131. Administrator: Merkle Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on January 24, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on February 15, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s servers are the official time-keeping devices for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter. During the Promotion Period:
a. Using your mobile device, make a Venmo payment of any value and include one of the three (3) Lunar New Year designs in Venmo’s new “gift-wrapping” feature with your payment. To add the gift-wrapping to your payment take the following steps:
i. Tap the gift box icon to the right of the pay button when preparing your payment;
ii. Select one of the first three (3) available gift wrapping options shown below, each of which honors the Lunar New Year.
iii. Tap the green pay button at the bottom of your screen to complete the payment and you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
Standard message and data rates may apply. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding its pricing plans prior to entering via your wireless mobile device. The Gift-Wrapping option is not available for payments where the sender or recipient is a business profile, payments made to multiple recipients, and payments made to an email or phone number instead of a Venmo handle
OPT OUT of the Sweepstakes: If you have completed Venmo payments using the Lunar New Year Wrapping but do not wish to be included in the Sweepstakes drawing, you may opt out. If you would like to Opt-Out of this Sweepstakes, provide your Venmo handle and email address in the opt-out form here by February 17, 2022. If timely received, you will be removed from the Sweepstakes drawings.
b. Mail-in an Entry: print your name, home address, phone number, email address, and date of birth on a piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to “Venmo’s Lucky Red Envelope Sweepstakes,” c/o Merkle Inc., P.O. Box 5046, Department 851527, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5046. You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: One (1) entry request per envelope. All mail-in entries must be postmarked by February 15, 2022 and received by February 22, 2022. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
Entry Limit: Each person may enter up to twenty (20) times during the Promotion Period by any combination of entry methods. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Venmo Accounts, email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the Venmo Account used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses used to create the Venmo Account. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
5. Prize Drawing: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winners from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around March 1, 2022. Selected winners who entered by making a Venmo payment will receive notification when their prize is delivered. Potential mail-in winners will be notified by email and will be required to create a Venmo account (if they do not already have one) and provide their Venmo account handle, mobile number associated with their Venmo account and email address associated with their Venmo account for purposes of prize fulfillment within three (3) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted or fails to provide any other requested information within the required time period (if applicable), or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason or forfeits the prize, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
6. Prizes: ONE THOUSAND (1,000) GRAND PRIZES: $88 transferred into winner’s Venmo account. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $88. Venmo Accounts must remain in good standing through the time of prize award. Prize amounts will be distributed within approximately 10 business days of verification of all winners, subject to the Venmo User Agreement. If winner does not accept or use the entire prize, the unaccepted or unused part of the prize will be forfeited, and Sponsor will have no further obligation with respect to that prize or portion of the prize. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for the applicable social platform used to enter during the Promotion Period. Limit: one (1) prize per person. Total ARV of all prizes: $88,000.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, if any fraud, technical failures, human error, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, or any event or cause beyond Sponsor’s control (e.g. events such as natural calamities, national emergencies, wide spread illnesses, declarations of war, acts of God, acts of terrorism) interferes with any aspect of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to fulfillment of the prize(s), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance and may modify the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for Delaware or the appropriate Delaware State Court; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Delaware without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Delaware or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Delaware.
13. Winner List: For a winner list, visit https://bit.ly/3GidhwR. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2022 Merkle Inc. All rights reserved.