Origin PC – Victory Is Life Giveaway Sweepstakes
Victory is Life Giveaway SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. SWEEPSTAKES OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES, CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) AT LEAST 18 OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN STATE OF RESIDENCE, AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL US TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED WITHIN THE UNITED STATES OR CANADA.
Sponsor, Administrator & Prize Provider: ORIGIN PC.
Sweepstakes Entities: Perfect World Entertainment, Inc., Cryptic Studios, Inc., and Eaglemoss.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS NOT SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY GAMESPOT, A DIVISION OF CBS INTERACTIVE INC. (“CBSI”)1. Acceptance of Official Rules: By entering the Victory is Life Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) operated on the Gleam web site accessible at the domain “https://gleam.io/OImcq/victory-is-life-giveaway” (the “Gleam Service”), you (“you”, “Participant”) hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the “Official Rules”) of this Sweepstakes, and the decisions of the Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
If you are a wireless service subscriber and have a smart phone, tablet or other wireless device that allows you access to the internet, you may also enter the Sweepstakes via any of those devices during the Promotion Period (as defined below). If you chose to enter the Sweepstakes via any of those devices during the promotion period, you may be charged data rates according to the Terms and Conditions of your Service Agreement with your wireless carrier. Each wireless carrier’s rate plan may vary, and participants should contact their wireless carrier for information on rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is offered and open to persons who are (a) legal residents of the United States, Canada (excluding Quebec); and (b) at least 18 years old or age of majority, whichever is older in the jurisdiction of residence at the date of entry in this Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico, all US Territories and Possessions and where prohibited by law. Employees, directors, and their immediate family members, of the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective parent companies, affiliated and subsidiary companies, franchisees, representatives, advertising and promotion agencies, agents, licensors, copyright owners, production companies and legal and financial advisors are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. For purpose of the foregoing “immediate family” means parents, spouses, children, siblings or any members of the same households of such employees and directors.
3. Promotion Period: The Sweepstakes begins on July 7, 2018 at 10:00:00 AM PT and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on July 22, 2018 (the “Promotion Period”).
4. Entering Sweepstakes. To enter the Sweepstakes, go to the Sweepstakes page accessible at https://gleam.io/OImcq/victory-is-life-giveaway during the Promotion Period and follow the instructions to complete the Sweepstakes entry form at Gleam and you will receive an entry into this Sweepstakes and Prize Drawing(s) (as defined below).
5. Prizes: The Sweepstakes will award one (1) Grand Prize (the “Grand Prize”), ten (10) second prizes (“Second Prizes”) and one hundred (100) third prizes (“Third Prizes”). The Grand Prize consists of (i) one exclusive Origin Millennium Gaming Desktop themed with special Star Trek Online (ii) one autographed Star Trek Online poster, and (iii) one promotional code redeemable for the Gamma Vanguard Pack for Star Trek Online on PC. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is Three Thousand Two Hundred Seventy-Two Dollars (US $3,272.00), Each Second Prize consists of (i) one promotional code redeemable for the Gamma Vanguard Pack for Star Trek Online on PC and (ii) one Eaglemoss Deep Space Nine Space Station Model. The ARV of each Second Prize is Twenty-Six Dollars (US$26.00Each Third Prize consists of (i) one promotional code redeemable for the Gamma Vanguard Starter Pack for Star Trek Online on PC. There is no ARV for the Third Prize. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of all Prizes to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is Three Thousand Five Hundred Thirty-Two Dollars (US$3,532.00); certain terms and restriction apply on Prizes. See Section 6, Prize Restrictions.
6. Prize Restrictions: Limit of one (1) prize per person. Prize is nontransferable. All income and other taxes are the sole responsibility of each Winner. No assignment, transfer, conversion to cash or cash redemption or substitution of a Prize or any portion of a Prize is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize or any of its components with a prize of comparable or greater value should a Prize or any of its components become unavailable or for any other reason needs to be exchanged. Prize is solely for personal use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion.
7. Odds/Drawings/Winner Notification: Prizes will be awarded by random drawing. Odds of winning a Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The random Prize drawings (the “Prize Drawings”) will take place on or about July 25, 2018. The Prize Drawings will be conducted by Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Potential Winners will be notified by email within two (2) days from drawing date. If a potential Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during seven (7) days from the first notification attempt or such potential Winner fails to respond within 48 hours after such notification, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate Prize Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. For purposes of clarity, each Prize has its own standalone drawing. In the event a Winner does not respond within the allotted time frame, a new drawing will be conducted in attempt to fulfill that Prize and the First Prize Winner will not be eligible for the Grand Prize nor will the Second Prize Winner be eligible for the First Prize, nor the Third be eligible for the Second Prize. Only one attempt for an alternate will be conducted. If attempt fails, Prize will not be awarded. Upon Prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
8. Skill Testing: Any potential Prize Winner who is a resident of Canada may be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered online or offline in order to be declared a Winner.
9. Prize Taxes: All federal, state, local and other tax obligations arising from this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, winning a Prize, will be the sole responsibility of each Winner.
10. Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release: Winners may be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively, the “Release Forms”) as well as a W-9 or E-8 tax form (where applicable) within three (3) days of notification of winning. Failure to return Release Forms timely, or if Prize notification or the Prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification with an alternate Prize Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
11. Publicity Release Terms: Except where prohibited by law, a Winner’s acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities, its licensors, copyright owners and production companies to use Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
12. Improper Conduct: Administrator, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Sweepstakes and/or a Prize or refuse to award a Prize or any part of a Prize, if entrant engages in any conduct Administrator deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to other entrants of the Sweepstakes. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during registration into the Sweepstakes or Prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant’s personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this Sweepstakes. Winners agree that Administrator may void any part of a Prize that a Winner may have won and/or require the return of any part of a Prize that a Winner may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Winners further acknowledge that any forfeiture of a Prize and/or return of a Prize shall in no way prevent Administrator from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. Integrity of Sweepstakes: If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Administrator, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and select the Winners from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Administrator may deem fair and appropriate.
14. Lost or Corrupted Entries: The Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, licensors, copyright owners, production companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage due entries or mail, if applicable; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, licensors, copyright owners, production companies, advertising and promotion agencies, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end users or tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes.
15. Damaged Property: The Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, licensors, copyright owners, production companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damage to any entrants or to any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from this Sweepstakes.
16. Sweepstakes Errors: The Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, licensors, copyright owners and production companies assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Sweepstakes; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of this Sweepstakes; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
17. Prizes and Winners: The Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, licensors, copyright owners and production companies assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you/entrant hereby forever waive/s any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of the Winners, the distribution of the Prizes, the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part of the Prize and/or any injury or damage to any entrant’s or third person’s property related to or resulting from any part of a Prize or any part of this Sweepstakes.
18. Release and Indemnity: Each entrant in this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the Winners, hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, licensors, copyright owners, production companies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize, participation in this Sweepstakes and participation in any activity related to this Sweepstakes.
19. Limitation of Liability: IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, LICENSORS, COPYRIGHT OWNERS, PRODUCTION COMPANIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY ACTIVITY RELATED TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
20. Disclaimer of Warranties: THE SWEEPSTAKES AND PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
21. Identity Disputes: In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. For purposes of these Official Rules, “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
23. Winners List: For the names of the Winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by September 15, 2018 to “Winner’s List, Victory is Life Giveaway SWEEPSTAKES” Perfect World Entertainment, 100 Redwood Shores Parkway, 4th Floor, Redwood City, California, 94065. For Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked “Official Rules: Victory is Life Giveaway SWEEPSTAKES” for receipt by September 15, 2018. Residents of VT may omit postage on the self-addressed envelope.
24. Binding Arbitration: The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of California, in the City of San Francisco, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
25. Governing Law and Jurisdiction: This promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 24 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the federal and/or state courts of the State of California, San Francisco County.
26. If for any reason a court, tribunal or arbitrator finds or rules any provision of these Official Rules to be legally invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, the remainder of these Official Rules shall remain valid and shall be enforced to the fullest extent possible in that jurisdiction and throughout the rest of the world. Such provision shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent possible to make such provision comply with applicable law in that jurisdiction and, in its modified form, shall be valid and enforceable.
Back to the giveaway!