Olympus – Explorer Giveaway – Win One (1) Explorer Package
OLYMPUS EXPLORER GIVEAWAY OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Olympus Explorer Giveaway (“Giveaway”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia, in addition to residents of Canada (excluding those residing in Quebec) 18 years of age or older. Employees of Olympus are not eligible. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these “Official Rules”.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway period begins at 12:00pm ET on April 3, 2020 and ends at 11:59pm ET on April 17, 2020 (the “Giveaway Period”).
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: To enter, during the Giveaway Period participant must complete the official entry form on the GetOlympus web site, agree to these official rules, and submit the entry. Upon submission of the registration form, the participant will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Giveaway (“Entry”). Limit: Participants may only receive up to a maximum of one (1) Entry into the Giveaway per participant regardless of the manner of entry. Additional Entries above the one (1) described herein are not permitted. All Entries will be treated equally. Purchase of any Olympus products will not improve your chances of winning. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, phone numbers, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s additional Entries and that participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the first listed name of the authorized account holder of the email address used for the Entry will be deemed to be the participant. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
4. SELECTION OF THE WINNER/CLAIMING PRIZE: One (1) prize winner (hereinafter “Winner”) will be selected by random drawing within ten (10) days from the end of the Giveaway period from among all eligible Entries received. Odds of winning are dependent on the number of eligible Entries received. Olympus or its designated representative will make two (2) attempts to contact the selected Winner by e-mail (using the information provided at the time of entry). If the selected Winner cannot be contacted during such time or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; then the selected Winner will be disqualified and will forfeit all rights to his/her respective prize. Winner will be sent an acceptance package to be completed and returned to Olympus.The Winner will have four (4) days to complete and return the forms in the acceptance package. If the Winner cannot be contacted, provides incorrect e-mail or mailing address, is ineligible, does not comply with these Official Rules, fails to claim the prize, fails to return the completed and executed forms as required, or if the prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, an alternate eligible Winner may, in Olympus’ sole discretion, be selected. It potential winner resides in Canada, prize redemption would be conditional on answering a skill-testing question. Olympus’ decisions shall be final in all matters pertaining to this Giveaway.
5. PRIZES: The Winner will receive One (1) Explorer Package, consisting of an OM-D E-M5 Mark III, M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-45mm F4.0 PRO, M.Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm F2.8 PRO, and M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 (“Prize”). Prize has a value of $3,749.96 USD / $4,769.96 CAD. The Winner is responsible for any and all applicable federal, state or local taxes that may result from the receipt of any Prize. Prizes are non-refundable, nontransferable, and may not be redeemed or substituted for cash.
6. USE OF WINNER’S LIKENESS; WAIVER AND RELEASE; INDEMNITY FROM USE: Except where prohibited by law, by accepting the Prize, the Winner grants Olympus a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license and right, to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Winner’s name, city, state, biographical material, picture/portrait, likeness and/or voice (collectively, “Licensed Rights”) in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval of the Winner.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; WAIVER; GENERAL INDEMNIFICATION: Participant agrees that Olympus will have no liability whatsoever for, and will indemnify and hold harmless Olympus, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, including their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Olympus Indemnitees”) from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by Winner or any third party against any of the Olympus Indemnitees due to or arising out of the participant’s participation in this Giveaway, including but not limited to trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, right of publicity, right of privacy, or defamation. No liability or responsibility is assumed by Olympus resulting from participant’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Giveaway or ability or inability to upload, or download any information in connection with participating in the Giveaway. No responsibility or liability is assumed by Olympus for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Giveaway: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; actions by participant’s cellular carrier; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail or text transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted e-mail transmissions; inaccessibility of the Olympus web site (“Web Site”) in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the internet or the Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Giveaway, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Giveaway, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Giveaway. Each participant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Olympus reserves the right to correct typographic, clerical or printing errors in any Giveaway materials. In the event Olympus is prevented from continuing with this Giveaway, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Giveaway is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute, or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, or any federal, state, or local government law, order of regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Olympus’ control (each a “Force Majeure” event) Olympus shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Giveaway without notice or further obligation. If Olympus, in its discretion, elects to abbreviate, cancel or terminate the Giveaway as a result of a Force Majeure event, Olympus reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the Prize from among all valid and eligible Entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with the law by a duly authorized representative of Olympus. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Olympus reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, OLYMPUS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
9. WINNER(S) LIST: Please contact email@example.com for the name of the winner.10. SPONSOR: The sponsor of this Giveaway is Olympus America Inc., Consumer Products Group (referred to herein as “Olympus”) with offices located at 3500 Corporate Parkway, Center Valley, Pennsylvania 18034.