Office Depot – Sabrina Carpenter Sweepstakes
Office Depot and Sabrina Carpenter Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL RULES (“Rules”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE/PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS) WHO HAVE REACHED THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE.
1. SPONSOR: Office Depot, Inc. (“Sponsor”), 6600 North Military Trail, N315T, Boca Raton, FL 33496.
2. ADMINISTRATOR: Ventura Associates International LLC, 494 Eighth Avenue, Suite 1700, NY, NY 10001 (“Administrator”), an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding with respect to the sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”).
3. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for this Sweepstakes, at the time of entering you (referred to herein as “you” or “Entrant”) must: [a] have reached the age of majority of the State of your residence, and [b] be a legal resident of, and physically residing in one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia (“Territory”). Employees, shareholders, directors, officers and agents of the Sponsor, Administrator, Sabrina Carpenter, or Disney Music Group (“Disney Music Group”), including their respective parents, divisions, affiliates, subsidiary companies or their advertising, promotion or fulfillment agencies involved in this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Entities”), a Household Member (defined below) or Immediate Family Member (defined below) of each are NOT eligible to participate. Promotion is not valid in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands or where prohibited by law.
“Household Member” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether related or not. “Immediate Family Member” shall mean Parents, step-parents, grandparents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. For the avoidance of doubt, the above categories of ineligible persons refer to both the Entrant as well as the potential Winner’s Guest (as defined in Section 6 below).
Entrants may not have been convicted of a felony. By entering, each Entrant understands and agrees that, if selected as the Grand Winner (as defined below in Section 6), such Entrant will be required to consent to a background check (unless such Entrant is a Minor), and failure to sign such consents and authorizations and/or to furnish all required information will result in disqualification. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entry and/or disqualify the potential Grand Winner if the results of such background check reveal that the Entrant and/or potential Grand Winner is not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes or has been convicted of, or is currently charged with, a felony or a crime of moral turpitude, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
As a condition of accompanying the Grand Winner on the Trip (as defined below in Section 6), Guest(s) (as defined below in Section 6) will be required to consent to a background check, and failure to sign such consents and authorizations and/or to furnish all required information will result in such Guest(s) not being allowed to accompany a Grand Winner on Trip. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to allow a person selected as a Grand Winner’s Guest to accompany a Grand Winner on the Trip if the results of such background check reveal that such initially selected Guest has been convicted of a felony or a crime of moral turpitude, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, in which case a Grand Winner may choose an alternate Guest (who will also be subject to a background check).
4. ENTRY: You may enter this Sweepstakes during the period beginning at 9:00am ET, July 12th, 2018 and ending at 11:59pm ET, September 3rd, 2018 (“Entry Period”). You may enter this Sweepstakes via the Internet as follows: (1) visit sweepstakes.officedepot.com(“Website”), (2) follow the “How to Enter” instructions, and (3) click on the “submit” (or similar) button (“Entry”). You will need to check a box agreeing to these Rules. If this box is not checked, you will not be able to enter the Sweepstakes. For purposes of these Rules, all times and days are Eastern Time (“ET”). Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service will apply. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes. It is your sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor if you change your email address (“Address”). “Entry” shall mean and refer to each Online Entry.
5. LIMITATIONS: All Entries must be received during the Entry Period. Entries are limited to one (1) Entry per person/Address per day (regardless of whether one person has more than one Address or more than one person uses the same Address). In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the Address is registered. Entries by any method other than those set forth above in Section 4 are void. Any use of automated or programmed methods of effecting Entry is prohibited.
For purposes of these Rules, a “day” begins at 12:00am ET and ends at 11:59pm ET except for the first day which will begin at 9:00am ET.
Neither the Entities, nor any of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives (individually and collectively, “Releasees”) are responsible for:  Entries from persons residing, or physically located, outside the Territory;  Entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misrouted, multiple, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules;  lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider, Website or other connections or telephone availability or accessibility;  miscommunications;  failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines or technical failure;  failed phone, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, technical errors or difficulties;  telephone transmissions;  technical failures;  unauthorized human intervention;  traffic congestion;  garbled or jumbled transmissions;  undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering;  insufficient space in Entrant’s email account to receive email;  or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes, even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees. Each of such potential Entries will be disqualified and any attempt by a person to use multiple email accounts to register more than the number of Entries allowed by these Rules may result in disqualification at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations.
6. PRIZE: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE (“Grand Prize”): A three (3) day/two (2) night trip for Grand Prize winner (“Grand Winner”) and up to three (3) guests (the “Guests,” and together with the Grand Winner, the “Group”) to a city and state in the United States determined by Sponsor (“Location”), on Sponsor-selected dates to meet Sabrina Carpenter (“Meet and Greet”), timing subject to talent availability consisting of the following elements for the Group (“Trip”):  hotel accommodations at a Sponsor-selected hotel (exact location of hotel determined by Sponsor) (one standard room/quad occupancy, including room tax) for two (2) nights;  a Meet and Greet (timing subject to talent availability) with Sabrina Carpenter at a location chosen by Sponsor;  $500 in spending money via a check or gift card to Grand Winner only;  if Grand Winner’s residence is located more than two hundred fifty (250) miles from the Location, round-trip coach air transportation will be provided on a Sponsor-selected carrier between a Sponsor-selected major metropolitan airport near Grand Winner’s residence (“Airport of Origin”) and a Sponsor-selected airport in or near the Location; but if Grand Winner’s residence is located two hundred fifty (250) miles or less from the Location, no airfare will be provided;  hotel/Meet and Greet transfers, and  airport/hotel transfers will be provided. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the Grand Winner’s responsibility, including, but not limited to: round-trip transportation between the Grand Winner’s residence and any Airport of Origin, alcoholic beverages, tax, food, gratuities and tips, insurance, laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, souvenirs and telephone calls. Travel and lodging are subject to availability, certain restrictions, blackout dates and Sponsor’s approval. Meet and Greet timing is subject to talent availability. Airline carrier and hotel regulations and conditions, including, but not limited to, any age restrictions and requirements, apply.
Group must be available to the take Trip within the month of September 2018. Group must travel on the same itinerary and each member of the Group is solely responsible for obtaining any and all necessary travel documents (i.e. valid photo I.D, etc.) before departure. Exact dates will be shared once confirmed and at Sponsor’s discretion. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s agent and Sponsor shall determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. Once the travel schedule has been arranged, it cannot be altered and failure of Grand Winner to follow such schedule shall not obligate Sponsor in any way to provide him/her with alternate arrangements. Releasees are not responsible for airline cancellations or delays. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) for Grand Prize: $4,750, which will vary depending upon points of departure and destination and seasonal fluctuation of hotel rates and airfares.
If the actual value of any prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. Any depiction of any prize is for illustrative purposes only and may not reflect the actual prize won. Prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable, except the Grand Prize is transferable to a surviving spouse residing in the same household. No substitution allowed except, at Administrator’s sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. Administrator will not replace any lost or stolen prize. Prize elements may not be separated. A prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Prize will be awarded if it is validly claimed by September 14th, 2018 after which no alternate winners will be selected, nor unclaimed prizes awarded.
7. PROCEDURES: All Entries must be received during the Entry Period. On or about September 4th, 2018, in a random drawing conducted by the Administrator, the potential winner will be selected from among all eligible Entries received. The decision of the Administrator shall be final and binding. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depends on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Entry Period.
8. WINNERS: On or about September 4th, 2018, potential Winner will be notified via email to obtain his/her mailing address as well as any additional required information or responses. Once a mailing address is available, the potential Grand Winner will be sent paperwork by overnight delivery service. All legal responsibilities of a Minor Entrant under the Rules will be assumed by a Parent, and a Minor Winner’s prize will be awarded in the name of the Parent for the benefit of the Minor. At the sole discretion of the Administrator, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:  a potential winner’s failure to respond to notification within one (1) business day after transmission;  the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts;  the return of any other notice or a prize as undeliverable;  a potential winner’s failure to provide Administrator with satisfactory proof of age, identity, and residency;  a potential winner’s failure to provide Administrator with satisfactory proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Address associated with the winning Entry;  a potential winner’s failure to provide required additional information upon Administrator’s request;  the potential Grand Winner’s failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within three (3) business days after its mailing;  the potential Grand Winner’s failure to be available to complete the Trip on a Sponsor-selected date before September 30th, 2018;  any other non-compliance with Rules. In the event of any prize forfeiture, the Administrator may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. All Guests will be required to execute a Release of Liability prior to ticketing. Anyone in the Group who is a Minor must be accompanied on the Trip by his/her Parent as one of the Group. All taxes are solely the responsibility of the Grand Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the value of his/her prize.
11. RULES & WINNERS’ LIST: For a list of winners (after September 10, 2018 and before October 30, 2018) and/or Rules (before September 3, 2018), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Office Depot and Sabrina Carpenter Sweepstakes, c/o Ventura Associates International, LLC, 494 Eighth Avenue, Suite 1700, Dept. HD, New York, NY 10001 A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by printing this webpage.
All marks herein are the property of their respective owners.