Oath Yahoo Sports – Survival Football Mgm Resorts Contest Sweepstakes
Yahoo Sports Survival Football – MGM Resorts Contest Official Rules
THESE TERMS CONTAIN A BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION AND JURY TRIAL WAIVER CLAUSES IN SECTION 13 BELOW.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY (COLLECTIVELY, THE “ELIGIBILITY AREA”). THE YAHOO SPORTS SURVIVAL FOOTBALL – MGM RESORTS CONTEST SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS PROMOTION IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN, AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF, THE ELIGIBILITY AREA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
FURTHER, TO BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE, YOU MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. REFER BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS.
YOUR ENTRY INTO ANY ASPECT OF THIS PROMOTION CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Eligibility: The 2020 Yahoo Sports Survival Football – MGM Resorts Contest (“Contest”) is a contest of skill. The Contest is open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States (including the District of Columbia) who are 21 years or older as of the time of entry. You must have a free Yahoo ID in order to be eligible to participate. Employees, agents, successors, and assignees of Oath Inc. (“Yahoo” or “Sponsor”), MGM Resorts International (“MGM”), and their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, underwriters, and any other participating prize sponsor, and any entity involved with or otherwise providing services or prizes related to this Contest, (all of the foregoing, together with Sponsor, collectively referred to as “Contest Entities”), and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, domestic partner, or spouse of any of the foregoing) and persons living in the same household as such individuals, whether related or not, are not eligible to win. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor: Oath Inc., 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on July 23, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on January 3, 2021 at 1:25 p.m. PT (the “Contest Period”) and is comprised of seventeen (17) rounds (each a “Round”) as set forth in the tables below:
Start Date; Start Time is 5:20 p.m.(PT)
End Date; End Time is 7:15:00 p.m. (PT)
For Pro Football games occurring on
September 10, 2020
September 14, 2020
September 10-14, 2020
Start Date; Start Time is 12:00:01 a.m. (PT)
End Date; End Time is 10:00:00 a.m. (PT)
For Pro Football games occurring on
September 17, 2020
September 21, 2020
September 17-21, 2020
September 24, 2020
September 28, 2020
September 24-28, 2020
October 1, 2020
October 5, 2020
October 1-5, 2020
October 8, 2020
October 12, 2020
October 8-12, 2020
October 15, 2020
October 19, 2020
October 15-19, 2020
October 22, 2020
October 26, 2020
October 22-26, 2020
October 29, 2020
November 2, 2020
October 29-November 2, 2020
November 5, 2020
November 9, 2020
November 5-9, 2020
November 12, 2020
November 16, 2020
November 12-16, 2020
November 19, 2020
November 23, 2020
November 19-23, 2020
November 26, 2020
November 30, 2020
November 26-30, 2020
December 3, 2020
December 7, 2020
December 3-7, 2020
December 10, 2020
December 14, 2020
December 10-14, 2020
December 17, 2020
December 21, 2020
December 17-21, 2020
December 25, 2020
December 28, 2020
December 25-28, 2020
January 3, 2021
January 3, 2021
January 3, 2021-January 3, 2021
Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Register for Contest: Prior to 7:10 p.m. PT on September 14, 2020 (the “Registration Period”), visit https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival and follow the links and instructions to sign-up for the Contest. If you do not have a Yahoo Fantasy account, you may visit www.yahoo.com to create a free account to participate in the Contest.
6. How to Participate:
For Rounds 1-12, visit https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival during each Round and follow the directions to submit your pick of the one (1) Pro Football team that will win its game during that Round (from among the then remaining games for that Round); and
For Rounds 13-17, visit https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival during each Round and follow the directions to submit your pick of two (2) Pro Football teams that win their games during that Round (from among the then remaining games for that Round).
You may only pick each Pro Football team ONCE during the Contest Period. Once a Pro Football team is selected as your pick in a Round, it cannot be selected as your pick in a subsequent Round.
You must submit the required number of picks each Round and each Round’s pick(s) must be submitted during the Round’s time period as set forth in Section 4. Failure to submit the required number of picks each Round within the indicated time period will result in elimination from the Contest. Limit: You may only register for the Contest one (1) time during the Contest Period. Registrations received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limit will be void. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the holder of the Yahoo ID associated with a particular entry, the dispute will be resolved in favor of the individual who is the authorized holder of the Yahoo ID and password associated with the account (based upon information submitted at the time the account was created or updated upon registration for this Contest), and, if available, the “authorized email account holder” of the “alternate email address” provided when the Yahoo ID was created. “Authorized email account holder” is defined as the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (i.e., business, educational institution) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If there is a discrepancy between the name of the person listed as the authorized holder of the Yahoo ID, and the authorized email account holder of the alternate email address provided when the Yahoo ID was created, that Yahoo ID will be disqualified and any potential prize will be forfeited. A potential Prize winner may be required to provide Contest Entities with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder for each of the credentials described above.
7. Winner Determination: After the conclusion of each Round, the Sponsor will determine the participant(s) who correctly chose the winning team(s) during that Round and those participants will advance to the next Round. Participants who chose a losing team during any Round are eliminated from the Contest and do not advance to the next Round. Participants who chose a team whose game ended in a tie are eliminated from the Contest and do not advance to the next Round. The participant who advances the furthest in the Contest, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be deemed the potential Grand Prize Winner of the Contest. In the event of a tie, entries are ranked based on the combined record of the NFL teams not yet picked by the participants involved in the tie. The tied entry with the highest combined winning percentage of unpicked teams will be deemed the potential winner. Should a tie still exist, the remaining tied entries will be ranked based on the earliest timestamp of the last pick made by the participants involved in the tie.
8. Winner Requirements: Potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified by Sponsor by email on or around the week of January 4, 2021. Potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility, Liability Waiver and where not prohibited, a Publicity Release (“Declaration”), which must be received by Sponsor by the deadline stated in the notification, in order to claim their prize. If the Potential Grand Prize Winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration or provide other requested information within the required time period, or does not comply with these Official Rules, the potential Grand Prize Winner forfeits the prize. If the potential Grand Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason or forfeits the prize, the prize will be awarded to the remaining participant who advance furthest in the Contest and/or who would be the winner under the tiebreaker procedure described in Section 7, or may remain unawarded. Participation in a Contest and/or acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each entrant’s and winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photograph, picture, statements about the Contests and/or prize information in connection with the Contests for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
9. Grand Prize:
ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: Prize includes a 3-day/2-night trip for Grand Prize winner and their guest consisting of round-trip coach air transportation via Sponsor’s selected air carrier, from major airport nearest to winner’s residence in the Continental U.S. to the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas, NV, one Panoramic Two Bedroom suite for 3-days/2-nights, ground transportation to/from airport and resort, $1,000 food and beverage credit, $500 spa credit, $700 pool cabana credit, $400 performance entertainment credit, in-room welcome amenity, and $700 nightlife credit.
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize is $5,150. Travel must be completed by December 31, 2021 on dates approved by Sponsor. ARV of Grand Prize is as of the printing date of these Official Rules. The difference in value as stated herein and value at time of prize notification, if any, will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. Actual trip value will vary depending on winner’s city of departure, travel dates and fare/rate fluctuations. All travel arrangements must be made through the Sponsor’s designee. Certain restrictions and blackout dates (including holidays) may apply. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to provide ground transportation in place of air transportation if winner lives within a reasonable driving distance to Las Vegas, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and to award no additional compensation or substitution for the difference in prize value. Travel and hotel arrangements determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and must be made through Sponsor’s agent, on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. Winner will not receive the cash value or be compensated in any manner for any unused credits (i.e., food and beverage credit, spa credit, pool cabana credit, performance entertainment credit, in-room amenities credit, nightlife credit). Such credits can be used at participating MGM Resorts International owned and operated properties, facilities, and locations in Las Vegas (except Aria). Due to availability and/or other limitations, MGM Resorts International reserves the right to substitute specific types of resort credits for alternate types of resort credit. Trip does not include gratuities, in-room charges, travel expenses, transfers, taxes, bag check fees, ground transportation not listed above, any other item or expense not specifically described in these Official Rules, and all additional expenses, if any, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Prize winner and companion are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Flight schedules are subject to change without notice. Contest Entities are not liable for any expenses as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. The winner of the trip prize will be required to present a valid government-issued photo identification and provide a valid major credit card at the time of hotel check-in. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Trip must be taken on dates and times designated by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited in its entirety and may be awarded to a runner-up if time permits. Sponsor reserves the right to change dates. Sponsor reserves the right to structure travel route and select hotels in their sole and absolute discretion. The round-trip air transportation element for the trip prize begins and ends at the point of departure. Winner and their guest must travel together on the same itinerary within the 48 continental United States, including the same departure date, destination and return date. Winner’s guest must be 21 years of age or older and will be required to sign and return to Sponsor a Travel Release form prior to the trip, by a deadline to be determined by Sponsor. Winner and guest are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents prior to travel. It is the responsibility of prize winner and their companion to provide proper documentation (including government issued picture identification). If a designated prize event is canceled or postponed for any reason, travel prize will be awarded less applicable prize-related activity(s) and Sponsor will substitute that activity(s) with an item(s)/activity(s) of comparable or greater value as determined solely by Sponsor and no additional compensation prize will be awarded to winner in such event. Winner and their guest must comply with venues’ rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of applicable prize element. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Once a travel companion is selected, they may not be substituted, except in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Contest Entities shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any trip prize-related services or accommodations. Contest Entities are not liable for any missed prize events, opportunities or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any transportation or other prize element except at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor. Certain travel restrictions may apply. In the event the prize winner (and/or their companion) engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsors or any prize provider in their sole and absolute discretion) is obnoxious, inappropriate, or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsors reserve the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early.
Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor.
10. Release: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Contest Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Contest Entities’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Contest Entities be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize(s) from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: Contest Entities assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, jumbled, garbled, or scrambled entries or communications, or for theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to, entries or communications. Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, data entered by participants, or registration in the Contest. Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, effects of hackers, software, email, players, or browsers, whether on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing, that may occur (including but not limited to any such problems which may result in the ability to access the Contest Microsites or to process any transaction(s) in connection with the Contest). Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants (including, but not limited to, any injury or damage to winner and/or guest in connection with any prize) or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest, or any of its respective components are not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or any other causes beyond the control of Contest Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, or the affected component thereof, and, in its sole discretion, to award Prize(s) only within that portion of the entrant group not affected by the disruption, if any. In addition, should the 2020 professional football season be postponed, shortened, interrupted, modified, or cancelled for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to award Prize at the time the 2020 professional football season is affected, or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. Contest dates are subject to change as a result of any changes made to the dates of the professional football season.
13. Disputes: BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT. AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE. YOU AND SPONSOR BOTH AGREE TO RESOLVE ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CONTROVERSIES OR CLAIMS THAT IN ANY WAY ARISE OUT OF OR RELATE TO THESE TERMS OR FROM ANY SERVICES YOU RECEIVE FROM US (OR FROM ANY ADVERTISING FOR ANY SUCH SERVICES), INCLUDING ANY DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND OUR EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS (“DISPUTE(S)”), ONLY BY ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS OR IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS, ARBITRATION OR A SMALL CLAIMS ACTION WILL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE MEANS OF RESOLVING ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN US. YOU ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS, YOU AND SPONSOR ARE GIVING UP THE RIGHT TO BRING A CLAIM IN COURT OR IN FRONT OF A JURY (EXCEPT FOR MATTERS THAT MAY BE BROUGHT IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT), AND THAT YOU AND SPONSOR ARE GIVING UP THE RIGHT TO PROCEED WITH ANY CLASS ACTION OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE ACTION. We also both agree that:
Notice of Dispute. If either you or Sponsor intends to arbitrate under these Terms, the party seeking arbitration must first notify the other party of the Dispute in writing at least 30 days in advance of initiating the arbitration. Notice to Sponsor should be sent to Sponsor either by mail to Oath, Attn: Disputes, 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089; or email@example.com. Notice to you will be to your email address(es) and street address(es), if any, that Sponsor has in its records at the time the notice is sent. The notice must describe the nature of the claim and the relief being sought. If we are unable to resolve the Dispute within 30 days, either party may then file a claim for arbitration.
Arbitration Procedure. The Federal Arbitration Act applies to these Terms. Except for small claims court cases, any and all Disputes will be resolved by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), which will apply the AAA’s Consumer Arbitration Rules (excluding any rules or procedures governing or permitting class actions). You can get additional information from the AAA (www.adr.org). These Terms govern to the extent they conflict with the AAA’s Rules.
Small Claims Court Option. As an alternative to arbitration, you may bring an individual action in small claims court in your county of residence or Santa Clara County, California provided that your Dispute meets the requirements of the small claims court.
Arbitration Location. Unless you and Sponsor agree otherwise, the arbitration must take place, or the small claims action must be filed, in the county of your primary residence or Santa Clara County, California.
Arbitration Fees and Expenses. We will reimburse any filing fee that the AAA charges you for arbitration of the Dispute. If you provide us with signed written notice that you cannot pay the filing fee, we will pay the fee directly to the AAA. If the arbitration proceeds, we will also pay any administrative and arbitrator fees charged later.
Severability. If any part of this agreement to arbitrate is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, the court will reform the agreement to the extent necessary to cure the unenforceable part(s), and the parties will arbitrate their Dispute(s) without reference to or reliance upon the unenforceable part(s). However, if for any reason the Class Action Waiver set forth below cannot be enforced as to some or all of the Dispute, then the agreement to arbitrate will not apply to that Dispute or portion thereof, but the remainder of the agreement to arbitrate will be binding and enforceable. The parties do not agree to class arbitration or to the arbitration of any claims brought on behalf of others.
CLASS ACTION WAIVER. THESE TERMS DO NOT ALLOW CLASS OR COLLECTIVE ARBITRATIONS, EVEN IF THE AAA PROCEDURES OR RULES WOULD. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THESE TERMS, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD MONEY OR INJUNCTIVE RELIEF ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE THE RELIEF WARRANTED BY THAT PARTY’S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM. ARBITRATION OR COURT PROCEEDINGS HELD UNDER THESE TERMS CANNOT BE BROUGHT, MAINTAINED OR RESOLVED ON BEHALF OF OR BY A CLASS, AS A PRIVATE ATTORNEY-GENERAL, OR IN ANY OTHER REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY. IN ADDITION, INDIVIDUAL PROCEEDINGS CANNOT BE COMBINED WITHOUT THE CONSENT OF ALL OF THE PARTIES. ANY QUESTION REGARDING THE ENFORCEABILITY OR INTERPRETATION OF THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE DECIDED BY A COURT AND NOT THE ARBITRATOR.
JURY TRIAL WAIVER. IF FOR ANY REASON A DISPUTE PROCEEDS IN COURT RATHER THAN THROUGH ARBITRATION, YOU AND SPONSOR AGREE THAT THERE WILL NOT BE A JURY TRIAL. YOU AND SPONSOR UNCONDITIONALLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY ACTION, PROCEEDING OR COUNTERCLAIM IN ANY WAY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS. IN THE EVENT OF LITIGATION, THIS PARAGRAPH MAY BE FILED TO SHOW A WRITTEN CONSENT TO A TRIAL BY THE COURT.
Choice of Law. These Terms and the relationship between the parties, including any claim or dispute that might arise between the parties, whether sounding in contract, tort, or otherwise, will be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions. In no event will the parties bring claims against one another under the laws of another jurisdiction.
Forum. If for any reason a Dispute proceeds in court rather than through arbitration, all such Disputes (regardless of theory) arising out of or relating to these Terms, or the relationship between you and Sponsor, will be brought exclusively in the courts located in the county of New York, New York or the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. In such cases, you and Sponsor agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of New York, New York or the Southern District of New York, and agree to waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over the parties by such courts and to venue in such courts.
15. Winners List: The name(s) of the prize winner(s) may be obtained following winner selection and confirmation by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: 2020 Yahoo Sports Survival Football – MGM Resorts Contest, c/o Yahoo Sports, 770 Broadway, Rm 5B:C109, New York, NY 10003. Requests must be received by March 1, 2021.
© 2020 Verizon Media. All rights reserved.
The National Football League, its member professional football clubs, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Ventures, L.P., NFL Properties LLC, NFL Enterprises LLC and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “NFL Entities”) will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Contest or any prize awarded. The NFL Entities are not sponsors or participants of this Contest in any way.