Nhlcom – Inside The Crease – Win awarded to the Prize Winner for Entry Period #1 and one (1) Prize will be awarded to the Prize Winner for Entry Period #2.
2022-23 NHL.COM INSIDE THE CREASE™ SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
The 2022-23 NHL.com Inside the Crease™ Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by NHL Interactive CyberEnterprises, LLC, One Manhattan West, 395 Ninth Avenue, New York, NY 10001 (“Sponsor”).
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes starts at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 1, 2022 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on July 30, 2023 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Within the Sweepstakes Period, there are two (2) entry periods (each an “Entry Period”). Entry Period #1 will start at 12:00 a.m. ET on September 1, 2022 and end at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on December 31, 2022. Entry Period #2 will start at 12:00 a.m. ET on January 1, 2023 and end at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on July 30, 2023. Any eligible, non-winning entries from Entry Period #1 will rollover into the drawing for Entry Period #2. Sponsor’s computer is the official Sweepstakes clock.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to current legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) or Canada who are at least the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry (each such eligible entrant, an “Entrant”). Employees, officers, directors, representatives, and agents of the Sponsor, the National Hockey League (“NHL”), the NHL’s Member Clubs, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises, B.V., NHL Network US, L.P. (all foregoing entities including Sponsor, the “NHL Entities”), Jebbit, Inc., Disney Streaming, BAMTech, LLC and each of their respective parent and affiliate companies, licensors, and prize providers (collectively, the “Ineligible Entities”) as well as members of such employees’, officers’, directors’, representatives’, and agents’ immediate families, namely spouses, children, siblings and parents, and/or persons living in the same household of such persons (at least three (3) months a year, whether or not related) are not eligible to enter this Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary. During the Sweepstakes Period, there are two (2) ways for an eligible Entrant to participate: (i) go to NHL.com/insidethecrease, follow the instructions to complete the entry form, confirm that you have read and agree to the Official Rules, and click “SUBMIT”; or (ii) send your first name, last name, and country to ITCSweeps@nhl.com with subject heading “NHL Inside the Crease™” (each online entry or email entry, as the case may be, an “Entry” and collectively, the “Entries”).
Note: For Entrants using a mobile device to participate in any aspect of this Sweepstakes, message and data rates may apply. Check with your wireless service provider for details or any applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges.
Released Parties (as defined in Section 7, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, incomplete, inaccurate, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Entries, all of which will be void.
Limit: ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON DURING THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD, REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY. No person may register/enter more than once by using different email addresses and no email addresses can be used to submit more than one (1) Entry per Entry Period. Proof of submitting an Entry will not be deemed by Sponsor as proof of receipt or entry into the Sweepstakes. Any attempted form of entry into the Sweepstakes other than as described herein is void and will be disqualified. Entries from the same person and/or email address in excess of the number stated herein will be disqualified. Any attempt by an Entrant to use multiple email accounts will result in disqualification. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents will void all Entries by that Entrant. Entries that are incomplete, late, garbled or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. All Entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: At 12:00 p.m. ET on January 13, 2023 (for Entry Period #1) and on August 14, 2023 (for Entry Period #2), at the NHL Corporate Office at One Manhattan West, New York, NY (or at an authorized remote NHL location if circumstances warrant), a Sponsor representative will randomly select one (1) potential prize winner (the “Prize Winner”) from among all eligible Entries received during each Entry Period within the Sweepstakes Period.
5. PRIZE, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”) AND ODDS OF WINNING:
There are a total of two (2) Prizes (each a “Prize”) available to be won in this Sweepstakes. One (1) Prize will be awarded to the Prize Winner for Entry Period #1 and one (1) Prize will be awarded to the Prize Winner for Entry Period #2. Each Prize will consist of a total of $500 USD in digital NHLShop.com gift cards; ARV: $500 USD. The total ARV of all Prizes in this Sweepstakes is $1,000.00 USD.
Terms and conditions of gift card(s) apply. Sponsor to deliver Prize directly to each Prize Winner via email within approximately three (3) days following Prize Winner verification (in accordance with Section 6 below). In accepting the Prize, the Prize Winner is responsible for all federal, state/provincial, county, local and all other taxes (including income and withholding) imposed on or asserted in connection with the Prize and costs and expenses not specifically listed above as part of the Prize.
ARV of Prize is in U.S. Dollars. All details and other restrictions of Prize not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, and no substitution or cash redemption will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, for whatever reason, to substitute the Prize (or any component thereof) for one of equal or greater value. Prize Winner must be able to accept Prize as awarded or Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate winner may be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Odds of Winning: The odds of winning the Prize depend upon the number of eligible Entries received during each Entry Period within the Sweepstakes Period.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: On January 13, 2023 (for Entry Period #1) and on August 14, 2023 (for Entry Period #2), the potential Prize Winner will be notified via email using the email address provided at time of Entry. The potential Prize Winner will be required to respond to Sponsor within forty-eight (48) hours of notification. The potential Prize Winner will then be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law) and Liability Waiver along with a W9 or W8 tax form (if applicable) (together, the “Release Forms”), all of which must be received by Sponsor by the date provided in the notification in order to claim his/her Prize. The potential Prize Winner, if Canadian, will also be required to correctly answer a skill-testing question without any assistance of any kind in order to be eligible to receive his/her Prize. If a potential Prize Winner cannot (a) be contacted after two (2) attempts, (b) fails to respond and/or provide any of the Release Forms within the required time period, (c) does not correctly answer the skill-testing question (if applicable), (d) is otherwise in non-compliance with these Official Rules, or (e) declines to or cannot accept the Prize to be awarded, the potential Prize Winner will not be confirmed and will forfeit his/her Prize. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may select an alternate potential Prize Winner for the respective Prize by random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries received during the respective Entry Period, time permitting. Only up to one (1) alternate drawing may be held for each Entry Period, after which the applicable Prize will remain un-awarded. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the potential Prize Winners will be declared the official Prize Winners of the Sweepstakes.
7. RELEASE; INDEMNIFICATION; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, all Entrants agree to forever and irrevocably release and hold harmless each of the Ineligible Entities, any respective social media platforms featuring the Sweepstakes (including, but not limited to, Meta Platforms, Inc., Instagram, Inc., Snapchat, Inc., Google LLC, and YouTube LLC) and each of their respective officers, directors, governors, members, partners, partnerships, principals, owners, employees, volunteers, representatives, agents, affiliates (past, present and future), related entities, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense of any nature whatsoever (including attorneys’ fees) (collectively, “Losses”) which may occur in connection with (a) the Sweepstakes or any element thereof, including entry or participation therein, (b) delivery, possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of any Prize or component thereof, or (c) participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or Prize-related activity including without limitation in each case any Losses that may be caused or contributed to by (1) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties, or any of their independent contractors or any other person or entity not an employee of any of the Released Parties, or (2) any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of any of the Released Parties. In addition, by participating in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all damages, losses, costs and expenses (including amounts paid in settlement and reasonable attorneys’ fees) incurred by any of the Released Parties in connection with any third-party claim, demand, liability, suit, proceeding or action arising out of or resulting from (i) breach or alleged breach of any representations, warranties or agreements of Entrant hereunder, or (ii) Entrant’s possession, use or misuse of the Prize or component thereof. Each Entrant hereby acknowledges that the Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize (or any components thereof) and that, except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, the Prize is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Released Parties hereby disclaim all such warranties, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and/or non-infringement.
8. PUBLICITY: Except where legally prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes and acceptance of the Prize constitutes the Prize Winner’s agreement and consent to Sponsor’s and its affiliates’, agents’ or affiliated third parties’ use of Prize Winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown & state/province, for promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, notice, review or approval.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All decisions of Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be binding and final in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes if intervening circumstances warrant, within Sponsor’s sole discretion, due to any fraud, virus or other technical problem which corrupts the administration, security, or proper entry into the Sweepstakes, or for any other reason. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prize from among the eligible Entries received up to the time of the termination, cancellation, suspension and/or modification. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term or provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that term or provision. In case of dispute as to the owner of an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address from which the Entry is made. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. The potential Prize Winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor or its designees with proof that the potential Prize Winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with a winning entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved, the Entry will be deemed ineligible, and an alternate potential Prize Winner may be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion in accordance with Section 6 above). This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored or administered by any of the other Ineligible Entities except for Sponsor. Any questions, comments, or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to the Sponsor.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Without limiting anything set forth in Section 7 or Section 9 of these Official Rules, Released Parties shall not have any obligation, responsibility or liability, including any obligation or responsibility to award a Prize to any Entrant, with regard to: (a) Entries submitted through the use of any robotic or automated device/computer program or any other non-human mechanism, entity, or device; (b) Entries in excess of the stated entry limit; (c) Entries that are illegible, late, forged, destroyed, lost, misplaced, stolen, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled, altered or otherwise not in compliance with or in violation of these Official Rules, whether caused by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or any other reason beyond Released Parties’ control; (d) any technical or human error which may occur in the creation, submission, assignment or processing of Entries in the Sweepstakes, including any technical or human error in connection with the Sweepstakes website, any applicable social media website, and/or the hosting of either of the foregoing; (e) Entries, Prize claims or notifications that are not received by the intended recipient due to transmission, technical, computer or human failures or error of any kind, including any Entries, Prize claims or notifications that are delayed, misdirected, or undelivered as a result of any failure or problem with the availability, functionality, operability or use of any network, server, ISP, website (including the Sweepstakes website or the respective social media website, if applicable), computer, internet connection, hand-held mobile device or any other equipment or connection used in connection with the Sweepstakes; (f) changes in an Entrant’s Entry information which affects the ability to contact such Entrant; (g) typographical errors in Sweepstakes promotional material; (h) cancellations and/or delays or any change by any company or any other persons providing any of components of any Prize due to reasons beyond the control of any of the Released Parties; (i) any interruptions/postponement/cancellation of Sweepstakes; (j) human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry information; (k) any technical malfunctions of the computer on-line system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or internet service provider utilized by any of the Released Parties or by Entrant; (l) interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes, any Sweepstakes-related web pages, or any on-line service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; (m) any damage to Entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Sweepstakes; (n) any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects; and/or (o) any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of any one or more of the Released Parties.
11. DISPUTES: With regard to United States (including District of Columbia) Entrants, any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or a Prize awarded shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, U.S.A. or the appropriate New York State Court located in New York County, New York, U.S.A., and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York, U.S.A. or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York, U.S.A. With regard to Canadian Entrants, any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or a Prize awarded shall be resolved exclusively by the courts of the Province of Ontario, and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada and the laws of Canada applicable therein without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Province of Ontario or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Province of Ontario. Applicable to all Entrants: Except where prohibited by law, Entrants agree that (i) any and all such disputes, claims, and causes of action shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; (iii) under no circumstances will Entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental, consequential and/or any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses; (iv) they waive any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; (v) they irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of the aforesaid courts, as applicable to each such Entrant, and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction that they may have; and (vi) if any provision of these Official Rules is declared invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be deemed modified to the extent necessary and possible to render it valid and enforceable, and that in any event, the unenforceability or invalidity of any provision will not affect any other provision of these Official Rules, and these Official Rules will continue in full force and effect, and be construed and enforced, as if such provision had not been included, or had been modified as described above, as the case may be.
13. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the Prize Winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List, 2022-23 NHL.com ITC Sweepstakes”, One Manhattan West, 395 Ninth Avenue, 24th Floor, NY, NY 10001. Residents of VT and Canada may omit return postage. Winners List requests must be received no later than September 30, 2023.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social media platform. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and all inquiries regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor.
NHL, the NHL Shield and the word mark NHL Winter Classic are registered trademarks and the NHL Winter Classic logo is a trademark of the National Hockey League.
© NHL 2021. All Rights Reserved.