Nestle USA – 150th Anniversary Food Lion – Win 1 of 3 grand prizes of $10,000 cash OR 1 of 150 Food Lion gift cards valued at $150 each
NESTLÉ 150TH ANNIVERSARY FOOD LION SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, WIN OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN ONLY TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF DELAWARE, GEORGIA, KENTUCKY, MARYLAND, NORTH CAROLINA, PENNSYLVANIA, SOUTH CAROLINA, TENNESSEE, VIRGINIA, AND WEST VIRGINIA, WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
The Nestlé 150th Anniversary Food Lion Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Nestle USA, Inc. 800 N. Brand Avenue, Glendale, CA 91203, USA and Food Lion, LLC 2110 Executive Drive, Salisbury, NC 28147 (“Sponsors”), and is administered by Prize Logic, LLC, (“Administrator”), 25200 Telegraph Road, Suite 405, Southfield, MI 48033, USA.
1. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING: The Sweepstakes begins on February 10, 2016 at 12:00 AM (midnight) Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on February 16, 2016 at 11:59:59 PM ET (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Administrator’s computer is the Sweepstakes’ official clock.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is offered only to legal residents of Delaware, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry. Employees, officers, directors, representatives, and agents of Sponsors, Administrator, Brandmovers, Inc., and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) and each of their immediate family members (e.g., spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses and the “steps” of each, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void outside of Delaware, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia and where prohibited or restricted by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsors and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsors and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, an entrant’s residential address and e-mail address will be the physical address and e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Entrants will not be allowed to change their physical address or e-mail address.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: No Purchase Necessary. Internet access and a valid e- mail address are required to participate. During the Sweepstakes Period, an eligible entrant must logon to www.foodlion.com/Nestle150 (the “Website”) and enter their email address. If it is the Entrant’s first time visiting the website, he/she must first register by entering the information requested on the registration page, including, but not limited to, complete first and last name (no initials), his/her date of birth, valid e-mail address, and agreement to these Official Rules. Upon completion and submission of the registration form, the entrant will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
Limit: An entrant may enter one (1) time per calendar day during the Sweepstakes Period. An entrant will receive no more than one (1) entry per day during the Sweepstakes Period. If more than
one (1) entry is received from the same person, telephone number and/or e-mail address on any given day during the Sweepstakes Period, only the first entry received may be considered valid.
IMPORTANT: If you participate via your wireless phone, message and data rates may apply. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its message and data pricing plans.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: On or about February 24, 2016, Administrator will select three (3) potential grand prize winners and one hundred fifty (150) potential first prize winners from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The winners are deemed to be a potential winner, pending verification of the entrant’s eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules as determined by Sponsors or Administrator, at their sole and absolute discretion.
5. PRIZES, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”), AND ODDS OF WINNING:
A. Grand Prizes (3): Each Grand Prize winner will receive Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000) awarded in the form of a check made payable to the Grand Prize winner. The ARV of each Grand Prize available in this Sweepstakes is $10,000. The total ARV of all available Grand Prizes is $30,000.
B. First Prizes (150): Each First Prize winner will receive a One Hundred Fifty Dollar ($150) Food Lion gift card. The use of a gift card is subject to the terms and conditions set forth thereon which shall govern the use of the gift card. Use of a gift card constitutes the user’s acceptance of the terms and conditions so the winner should read the terms and conditions on the gift card carefully. Each First Prize Winner must protect the gift card and treat the gift card as he/she would any other valuable document. The gift card will not be redeemed or exchanged for cash, except where required by law. The gift card will not be replaced or replenished if it lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed or used without a First Prize winner’s permission and will be voided if altered or defaced. The ARV of each First Prize available in this Sweepstakes is $150. The total ARV of all available First Prizes is $22,500.
C. Odds of Winning/Limit: The odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible Sweepstakes entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. There is a limit of one (1) prize per person.
6. HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE: The potential winners will be notified via e-mail on or about February 24, 2016 by Sponsors or their authorized designee at the e-mail address provided at the time of entry. Before being declared a winner, the potential Grand Prize winners will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability & Publicity Release and tax acknowledgment (“Affidavit”), sent with the e-mail notification. The potential Grand Prize winners must return a fully executed and notarized Affidavit/Declaration to the Sponsors or their authorized designee within ten (10) calendar days from the date it is postmarked as being sent to the potential Grand Prize winner or the prize may (in the Sponsors sole discretions) be forfeited. Each potential Grand Prize winner may be subject to a background check before a prize is awarded. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify a potential Grand Prize winner based on the results of such background check if Sponsors determine in their sole discretion that awarding the prize to any such individual might reflect negatively on the Sponsors. If a potential winner is disqualified, found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept the prize, or in the event that a potential Grand Prize winner fails to return an executed and notarized Affidavit/Declaration within the ten (10) calendar day deadline, the prize may be forfeited, and in the Sponsors sole discretions, the forfeited prize may be awarded to an alternate potential Grand Prize winner, selected in a random drawing from among all
remaining eligible entries, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. If, after a good-faith attempt, Sponsors are unable to award or deliver a prize, the prize may not be re-awarded.
Sponsors will attempt to notify the potential winners as set forth above, but Sponsors are not responsible for any undelivered emails, including without limitation e-mails that are not received because of a winner’s privacy or spam filter settings which may divert any Sweepstakes e-mail, including any winner notification e-mail, to a spam or junk folder. The right to receive a prize is non- assignable, non-transferable and no prize substitution or exchange will be allowed, except by Sponsors, who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of a prize or force majeure, at Sponsors sole and absolute discretion. All other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein shall be solely the winner’s responsibility. Sponsors will attempt to mail the prizes approximately 6 – 8 weeks from verification of winner’s eligibility. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding the prize for any reason. The prizes will only be awarded to a verified winner.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers and each their respective officers, directors, stockholders, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (i) lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due or undeliverable e-mail/text notifications or postal mail; (ii) any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability; (iii) garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/network accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; (iv) any technical, mechanical, printing or typographical or other error; (v) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information; (vi) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes; (vii) any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to entrants or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize; and (viii) entries that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules. Further, the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any unanswered or undeliverable winner notifications.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules, including entry requirements; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his/her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes; and (iii) to forever and irrevocably agree to release and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any Sweepstakes-related activity or element thereof, and the entrant’s entries, participation or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (b) the violation of any third-party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights; (c) acceptance, attendance at, receipt, travel related to, participation in, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of a prize (or any component thereof); (d) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof); (e) human error; (f) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties; (g) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof); or (h) the negligence or willful misconduct by entrant.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsors reserves the right, at their sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or proceed with the Sweepstakes, including the selection of a winner in a manner they deem fair and reasonable, including the selection of a winner from among eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. In no event will more prizes be awarded than are stated in these Official Rules. In the event that, due to technical, typographical, mechanical or other errors, there are more winners than are stated in these Official Rules, a random drawing among the claimants will be held to determine the winner. If for any reason, including but not limited to an administrative, printing, production, computer or other error or due to technical difficulties or incorrect announcements of any kind, more winning messages are distributed, or more prizes are claimed than the intended prizes to be awarded according to these Official Rules, the intended prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified prize claims received.
Without limiting the foregoing, everything regarding this Sweepstakes, including the prizes, is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
8. DISPUTES: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“AAA RULES”). THE AAA RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN MICHIGAN. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY ENTRANT AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE END OF THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
Sponsors Privacy Policies as stated at http://privacy/nestleusa.com/ and https://www.foodlion.com/privacy-statement/.
10.PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, each entrant agrees to allow the Sponsors and/or the Sponsors designees the perpetual right to use his/her name, address (city and state), biographical information, photos, picture, portrait, likeness, voice, and/or statements regarding the Sweepstakes and/or Sponsors for promotion, trade,
commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, including, but not limited to, live television, worldwide, on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
11. GENERAL: Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as described herein is void. Sponsors and Administrator reserve the right to disqualify any entrant found or suspected, in their sole and absolute discretion, to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of this Sweepstakes. Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as in these Official Rules is void. If it is discovered that a person has registered or attempted to register more than once using multiple phone numbers, e-mail addresses, residential addresses, multiple identities, IP addresses, use of proxy servers, or like methods, all of that person’s entries will be declared null and void and that person will not be awarded any prize that he/she might have been entitled to receive. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Sweepstakes will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. Entrants and/or potential winners may be required to provide proof of identification and eligibility as required by Sponsors or Administrator In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted on the registration form associated with such entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If any provision of these Official Rules or any word, phrase, clause, sentence, or other portion thereof should be held unenforceable or invalid for any reason, then that provision or portion thereof shall be modified or deleted in such manner as to render the remaining provisions of these Official Rules valid and enforceable. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or the prize documents will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. No entrant shall have the right to modify or amend these Official Rules. Sponsors failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision and such provision shall remain in full force and effect. All entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsors and will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in any promotional materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television and print advertising, promotional packaging and other promotional media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
12. WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the winners list, interested individuals should mail a self-addressed stamped business envelope to: Winners List – Nestlé 150th Anniversary Food Lion Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 251328, West Bloomfield, MI 48325, USA. Winners List requests must be received no later than April 16, 2016.
© 2016 Nestlé. All Rights Reserved.
© 2016 Food Lion. All rights reserved. Food Lion is a Delhaize America Company.