MyBlueBook – Home Improvement – Win a $5,000 cash prize
The Bluebook International, Inc. (“Bluebook”) Home Improvement Give Away Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) Official Rules (“Rules”)
1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. The Bluebook Home Improvement Give Away (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by The Bluebook International, Inc., 25910 Acero #370, Mission Viejo, CA 92691, 949-470-9534 (“Bluebook”). Sweepstakes begins on November 29, 2017 at 12:00:00am Pacific. The Sweepstakes ends on February 28, 2018 at 11:59:59pm Pacific. Bluebook’s web server that hosts https://my.bluebook.net/MyBluebook/Sweepstakes and logs activities/use is the official time keeping system for this Sweepstakes.
2. HOW TO ENTER. Register to use Bluebook’s website at https://my.bluebook.net/MyBluebook/Sweepstakes, log in, and click the clearly identified “enter” button on each user’s dashboard. Alternatively, you may mail in a postcard or letter to Bluebook at the address above, attention to “Home Improvement Sweepstakes Entry”; if you mail an entry you must include your name, address, email address, and phone number so we may contact you if you win.
3. LIMITATIONS. Regardless of entry method, each person is limited to one entry per calendar day (as measured by Bluebook web servers); in the case of mailed entries, each person is limited to one entry received by Bluebook each business day (not by postmark or mailing date). Uses of automated devices are not valid for entry. No group submissions will be accepted. All entries must be received no later than the close of the Sweepstakes period. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Bluebook is not responsible for lost or delayed mail. Entrants who fail to provide the required information will not be eligible to win and will not be notified. By entering, you give Bluebook permission to list your name on its website, in a press release, or in other media if you are the winner.
4. WHERE VALID AND WHO MAY ENTER. The Sweepstakes is valid in the 50 United States. The Sweepstakes is open to residents of the 50 United States age 18 and over. You are ineligible for the contest if you are an employee or contractor of Bluebook or of any advertiser on Bluebook’s websites.
5. PRIZES AND WINNER DETERMINATION. There is one prize available. The prize is $5,000.00 (five thousand USD), payable by check to the winner. Each entry will be designated by a unique number, in sequence, with mail entries also receiving a unique number. The prize winner will be selected at random, through use of a random number generator that selects a number based on the number of entries that have been given a unique number (e.g., if there are 10,321 entries, the random number generator will select a number between 1 and 10,321). Three alternate winners will be selected in the same manner. The winner will be selected on March 6, 2018 at noon Pacific. No entry method will be preferential or receive any preferential treatment.
6. WINNERS. The winner will be notified by email. If Bluebook is unable to reach the winner by email within 72 hours, the entry will be deemed invalid and the first alternate will be deemed the winner. If Bluebook is unable to reach the first alternate within 72 hours, the first alternate will be deemed invalid and the second alternate will be deemed the winner; and so on. If the primary winner and all three alternates are unable to be reached, the Sweepstakes will be deemed invalid, with no winner. The winner will be listed on Bluebook’s website or available by mailing or calling Bluebook. Winners may be asked to provide Bluebook with valid identification, liability waiver and/or publicity release, and Social Security number for issuance of a 1099 (as the prize is over $600 USD). If the potential winner fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, or fails to sign and return required documents, or is otherwise determined to be ineligible, Bluebook may disqualify that individual and an alternate winner may be determined by the criteria set forth above. Any alternate winner is subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules.
7. GENERAL RELEASE. Entrants release, discharge and hold harmless Bluebook International from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of, or relating to: (a) participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activities (including, without limitation, any activity attended as part of winner recognition); (b) lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, or any failed telephone or computer hardware or software, or any lost, misdirected, illegible, mutilated or damaged entry forms, or any failed, delayed, misdirected, corrupted, or garbled transmissions or errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or entries that for any reason are not received by Bluebook by the deadlines stated above; (c) any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading of any software or materials; and (d) inability to select winners because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure. Any failure by Bluebook to enforce any of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules. If there is any discrepancy between the terms of these Official Rules and the marketing or entry materials used in connection with the Sweepstakes, the terms of these Official Rules will govern.
8. INTERNET / FRAUD / ERRORS. Bluebook reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes or any part of this Sweepstakes should any non-authorized intervention, network failure, information storage failure, telecommunications failure, malfunction, or other causes beyond its control, corrupt or impair the security, administration, fairness and/or operation of this Sweepstakes as determined by Bluebook in its sole discretion. Bluebook reserves the right to disqualify any individual from further participation in the Sweepstakes if Bluebook concludes, in its sole discretion, that such person (a) has attempted to tamper with the entry process or other operation of the Sweepstakes, (b) has disregarded or has attempted to circumvent these Official Rules, or (c) has acted toward Bluebook or any other entrant or voter in an unfair, inequitable, annoying, threatening, disrupting or harassing manner. If a dispute arises regarding compliance with these Official Rules, Bluebook may consider, in its sole discretion, data reasonably available to Bluebook through information technology systems in Bluebook’s control, but Bluebook will not be obligated to consider any data or other information collected from any other source. Bluebook reserves the right to correct typographical or clerical errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials.
9. DISPUTE RESOLUTION. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants and voters agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or recognition provided, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations on the ability to pursue class action remedies, or certain kinds of damages, and so these limitations may not apply to you. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Bluebook in connection with the Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California. The state and federal courts in Orange County, California will be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes. All participants and winners agree, by their participation in the Sweepstakes, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of Orange County, California and waive the right to contest jurisdiction.
10. All users of Bluebook websites are subject to the terms, conditions, privacy, license and all other normal policies governing use as shown on Bluebook’s websites, regardless of participation in the Sweepstakes.