Molson Coors – Kick Start Your Legacy Contest – Limited Entry Sweepstakes
Kick Start Your Legacy
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Coors® Banquet Kick Start Your Legacy (“Contest”) is sponsored by Molson Coors Beverage Company USA LLC (“Sponsor”), 250 South Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL USA 60606, and is administered by Merkle Inc., (“Administrator”), 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
1. Promotion Period: The Promotion begins on May 10, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. Central Time (“CT”) and ends on May 24, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. CT (the “Promotion Period”). Administrator’s servers are the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
2. Eligibility: The “Contest” is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry. In addition, entrants must meet the following requirements:
(a) Entrant must be a founder/owner of a for-profit business;
(b) Business must be located, registered/incorporated in, and primarily doing business in the 50 United States and D.C.; and
(c) Business must be legally operated, but not be related to selling or use of alcohol or any other beverages, legally offered drugs, including but not limited to tobacco or marijuana, weapons, or pornographic/sexual products.
Employees, directors, officers, and agents of Sponsor, alcohol beverage retailers and distributors, Administrator, and each of their respective parent companies, divisions, dealers, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, advertising and promotional agencies and suppliers involved in the Promotion (“Promotion Entities”), as well as the members of each of their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and in-laws) and persons residing in the same household as such individuals are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein, including consent by all founders of each winning business to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Due to the nature of the prize offered, if a background check reveals that a potential winning founder/owner has engaged in conduct that could damage the reputation of or reflect unfavorably on Sponsor or any of the Released Parties, as determined by Sponsor in its discretion, the potential winner may be disqualified.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit www.coors.com/kickstartyourlegacy (the “Promotion Site”). Entrant must submit their date of birth to access the Promotion Site. If entrant meets the age requirement, entrant will be permitted to complete and submit the registration form including first and last name (initials are not permitted), valid email address, valid home address including ZIP Code (P.O. Boxes not permitted), date of birth. In addition, you will be asked to provide legal name and address of your business. If available, you will be prompted to provide up to three (3) URL links to crowdfunding, web or social presence.
Next, entrant will be required to provide responses to each of the following questions (in no more than 200 words):
(a). Tell us about your Business.
(b). Tell us about yourself (you may also reference your co-founders). What is your background and why are you passionate about your business?
(c). How will you leave a legacy behind through your business? What positive impact (including but not limited to social, cultural or environmental) do you believe your business will make on the world?
(d). What has been the hardest part of getting your business off the ground? Explain a specific challenge and how you are working to overcome it.
By completing the registration and responding to the questions (herein your “Submission”), you agree that it conforms to the permissions, and content restrictions below. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify you if it believes that it fails to conform. Where your Submission meets all requirements, your Submission will be deemed one (1) Contest entry.
Permissions: Entrant must have permission from co-owners/founders of the business to enter and to use their names in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions or proof in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
Submission must be in English and your original work;
Submission must not convey any claims of Sponsor’s products or services that would be deemed unsubstantiated or deceptive if made by Sponsor;
Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. Accordingly, Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor;
Submission must not disparage Sponsor, or any other person or party;
Submission must not promote or reference alcohol, illegal drugs, marijuana, tobacco, or firearms/weapons, any activities that are or appear to be dangerous, or any political agenda;
The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, offensive, indecent, obscene, sexually explicit, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; and
The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
5. Sponsor’s Use of Submissions: Entering the Contest and submitting a “Submission” constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission.
6. Winner Determination: After the conclusion of the Contest Period, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select the fifteen (15) businesses with the highest-scoring Submissions (the “Potential Winners”) from among all eligible Submissions based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
Submission demonstrates owners/founders passion for their business (15%);
Submission demonstrates owners/founders grit, courage, conviction and willingness to persevere through hardships (35%); and
Submission showcases how the business could make a positive and lasting impact on others (50%)
In the event of a tie, the business whose Submission received the highest score for “Submission showcases how the business could make a positive and a lasting impact on others,” as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the applicable Potential Winner from among the tied businesses. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than fifteen (15) Potential Winners, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions. Sponsor will not disclose judging scores.
7. Winner Requirements: On or around June 19, 2023, potential winners will be notified by email and will be required to complete and return an IRS Form W-9 for the Business, and a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and, where not prohibited, a Publicity Release (“Declaration”) which includes a consent to a confidential background check for the entrant within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. Entrant will be asked to provide the full name and email address for each of the co-founders/owners of the Business and each of these co-founders/owners will need to complete a Declaration.
If a potential winner cannot be contacted, and all co-owners/founders fails to sign and return the Declaration within the required time period, the potential winner forfeits his/her/the prize. Due to the nature of the prize offered, if a background check reveals that any co-founder/owner of a potentially winning business has engaged in conduct that could damage the reputation of or reflect unfavorably on Sponsor or any of the Released Parties, as determined by Sponsor in its discretion, the potential winner may be disqualified. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Up to three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded.
8. Prizes: FIFTEEN (15) GRAND PRIZES: $10,000 to each winning business to help them “Kick Start their Legacy” and an $500 that may be used to purchase Beer for themselves and their supporters. Prize will be fulfilled as a check for $10,500. Retail Value (“ARV”): $10,500. Prizes are non-transferable, and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: One (1) prize per business and per person. Prizes will be fulfilled 8 – 10 weeks after the end of the Contest.
9. Release: By receipt of any prize, each winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal in jury, death, or damage to or loss of property, third party claims involving the right to privacy, right of publicity, or intellectual property infringement arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. Publicity Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, , Submission, and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest if any fraud, technical failures, human error, any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, or any event or cause beyond Sponsor’s control (e.g. events such as natural calamities, national emergencies, wide spread illnesses, declarations of war, acts of God, acts of terrorism) interferes with any aspect of the Contest, including but not limited to fulfillment of the prize(s), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winner(s) from among all non-suspect, eligible Entries received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor may also modify the prizes offered. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; (6) lost, late, unreceived, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions or failure to receive Submissions due to limitation of third-party social network platforms or (7) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
15. Severability: If any provision of these Official Rules should be held unenforceable or invalid for any reason, then that provision or portion thereof shall be modified or deleted in such manner as to render the remaining provisions of these Official Rules valid and enforceable. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or any prize documents will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
16. Winner List: For a winner list, please click here. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2023 Merkle Inc. All rights reserved.