MLB and Bank of America – #MLBMemoryBank – Win a trip for 2 to the WS Host City valued at $6,000
The #MLBMemoryBank Sweepstakes
No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The #MLBMemoryBank Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States, eighteen (18) years of age or older (or of the legal age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older) as of date of entry. Employees, officers and directors of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. (“MLBAM,” “MLB.com”), Bank of America Corporation (hereafter, collectively referred to herein as the “Sponsors”), the MLB Entities (as defined below), and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, governors, related entities, partners, partnerships, principals, licensees, sponsors, and advertising/promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Released Parties”), and the immediate family members (parent, spouse, sibling, or child, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of each (whether or not related) are not eligible to participate or win. The “MLB Entities” shall mean MLBAM, the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball (“BOC”), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., BAMTech, LLC, The MLB Network, LLC, the Major League Baseball Clubs (“Clubs”), each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC, and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents of the foregoing entities. Void where prohibited by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. You are providing your information to the Sponsors and not to Twitter. The information you provide will only be used for Sweepstakes purposes.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Sweepstakes starts at 09:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on 9/12/17, and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on 9/26/17 (the “Promotion Period”).
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: During the Promotion Period, you may participate in the Sweepstakes when you submit a Tweet which may include either 1) an original photo, 2) a video, or 3) in 140 characters or less, and using both #MLBmemorybank and #Sweepstakes (“Hashtags”), describe your favorite MLB memory or experience (“essay”). Your Tweet on Twitter must be public (not protected), include the Hashtags and conform to Twitter’s (140) character limitation and Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at www.twitter.com (hereafter, each, an “Entry”). Any Tweet on Twitter containing the foregoing may be eligible for this Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) Entry per person/Twitter account. Entries received from any person or Twitter account in excess of the above stated limitation and any Entry that does not comply with the Content Restrictions or otherwise with these Official Rules, will be void. If you do not have a Twitter account you may sign-up for free by visiting www.twitter.com and following the enrollment instructions.
Entries that do not follow the above format may be discarded or ignored and not be considered eligible for entry. Photos, videos, and essays submitted will not be judged or otherwise used in any way to determine the winner. Entries that contain obscene or offensive language, or any language communicating messages inconsistent with the positive images to which the Sponsors wish to associate, in the Sponsors’ sole and absolute discretion, will be void. If you choose to participate using your mobile phone, standard data fees may apply. See your wireless provider for pricing plan details. All Entries must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at www.twitter.com. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or with the intent to subvert the Entry process will be void.
Submission of your Entry constitutes your consent to participate in the Sweepstakes and consent for Sponsors to obtain, use, and transfer your Twitter username, and other details for Sweepstakes administration purposes. Except as noted in these Official Rules, information collected for this Sweepstakes is used only for the purpose of Sweepstakes administration and winner notification, and will not be re-used, sold or shared in any other manner by Released Parties or any third parties.
Released Parties and Twitter are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, delayed, garbled, damaged, inaccurate or undelivered tweets, Follow requests, direct messages or Entries, or for telephonic, human or computer failures, problems or errors, interruptions in service due to system upgrades, repairs, modifications or other causes, failures or malfunctions of connections, satellite, network, cable, Internet Service Provider (ISP), phones, phone lines or telephone systems, traffic congestion on the Internet, technical or mechanical malfunctions, or other malfunctions or errors, whether caused by equipment, programming, human error or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of direct messages, tweets, responses, Follow requests or Entries, the announcement of the Grand Prize, for any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer or other device relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes, or for printing, typographical, human or other errors appearing in these Official Rules or other Sweepstakes-related materials. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to void any Entries or Follow requests of entrants and disqualify such entrants whom Sponsors believe have attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Sweepstakes and/or who are in violation of these Official Rules.
CONTENT RESTRICTIONS: Entrants must not include any of the following content (the “Content Restrictions”) in any Entry: (a) pornography, adult-oriented content or any other sexually-explicit material; (b) materials relating to lotteries or gambling; (c) explicit language or content, images of violence, or promotion of illegal activities; (d) content in violation of intellectual property rights or laws; (e) libelous, defamatory, disparaging, tortious or slanderous materials; (f) content that denigrates, disparages or reflects negatively on the Released Parties or their owners and employees; (g) tobacco, alcohol or drugs; (h) dangerous stunts; (i) real weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, guns, knives or projectiles; (j) material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or any other basis protected by federal, state, territory, provincial or local law, ordinance, or regulation; (k) individuals under legal age of majority without providing a signed release from parent or legal guardian; (l) audio and/or visual content owned by any third party (e.g., recorded music; pre-produced video, etc.); and (m) material that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state/territory/province where the entry is created. Any Entry that does not comply with the foregoing, in the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsors, will be disqualified.
4. WINNER SELECTION & NOTIFICATION: A random drawing (a “Prize Drawing”) will be conducted from amongst all eligible Entries received throughout the duration of the Promotion Period, on or about 9/29/17 The Prize Drawing will be conducted by MLBAM. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the potential winner will be declared the official winner of the Sweepstakes. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to the decisions of the Sponsors, which will be final and binding in all respects. Potential winner will be notified via a tweet or Twitter Direct Message by MLBAM from the @MLB Twitter handle and must follow @MLB as well as respond, within one (1) day of the issuance of Direct Message, as determined by Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion. The potential winner may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and (where legal) Publicity Release as well as any other documents required by Sponsors within one (1) hour of time of issuance of notification.
5. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The winner will receive round-trip coach class air transportation for winner and one (1) guest between a major U.S. airport nearest winner’s residence in the U.S. and the host city of the World Series Game (“WS Host City”); two (2) night hotel accommodations (i.e. one (1) standard, double occupancy room) in the WS Host City at a hotel determined by Sponsors at their sole discretion; two (2) tickets for the winner and his/her one (1) guest for one (1) game of the World Series determined by Sponsor at their sole discretion (“World Series Game”); and ground transportation in the WS Host City to/from the airport and the applicable hotel, and one (1) $500 gift card, subject to the terms and conditions of issuer associated with its use, for winner only (collectively, the “Grand Prize”). (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $6,000.) Actual value of Grand Prize will vary depending on Grand Prize winner’s city of departure and WS Host City (and no additional compensation or substitution will be awarded for difference in Grand Prize value). Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions specified thereon. Exact World Series Game and exact seat locations at the World Series Game shall be determined in the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsors. Sponsors, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to provide ground transportation in lieu of air transportation if Grand Prize winner resides within one-hundred (100) miles of the WS Host City (and no additional compensation or substitution will be awarded for difference in Grand Prize value). Trip must be taken on dates specified by Sponsors or Grand Prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsors’ discretion and time permitting, an alternate potential winner may be notified. If the designated World Series Game or any other Grand Prize-related activity(s) is canceled or postponed for any reason, travel portion of the Grand Prize will be awarded less applicable Grand Prize-related activity(s) and Sponsors will substitute that activity(s) with an item(s)/activity(s) of comparable or greater value as determined solely by Sponsors. Travel and hotel accommodation restrictions apply. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsors’ agent and on a carrier of Sponsors’ choice. Grand Prize winner and his/her guest are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents prior to travel and must have no impediment to entering the WS Host City. Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must travel together on the same itinerary. The guest of the Grand Prize winner must be of legal age of majority in his/her state/territory of residence (and at least eighteen (18) years of age). Grand Prize winner may take a minor guest if he/she is the parent or legal guardian of such child or legal ward. All Grand Prize details are at Sponsors’ sole discretion. World Series Game Ticket Details: Major League Baseball games and event dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball and/or the applicable Club, as applicable, and may be subject to change. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as part of the Grand Prize will govern in the event a legal game, event or exhibition, as defined by Major League Baseball, is not played or held, as applicable, due to weather conditions, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. The Grand Prize winner and his/her guest agree to comply with all applicable ballpark and venue, as applicable, regulations in connection with the Grand Prize. Sponsors and the applicable MLB Entities reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to the Grand Prize winner and/or his/her guest who engage(s) in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the World Series Game, event or exhibition. Released Parties will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Baseball game, event or exhibition. Major League Baseball game, event and exhibition tickets awarded as prizes may not be resold or offered for resale or used for any commercial or promotional purpose whatsoever. Any such resale or commercial or promotional use may result in disqualification and Grand Prize forfeiture, and may invalidate the license granted by the World Series Game, event or exhibition ticket(s).
6. General: Unless permitted by Sponsors, no transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of Grand Prize (or portion thereof) permitted; provided, however, Sponsors may substitute the Grand Prize (or any portion thereof) with a prize of comparable or greater value. The Grand Prize winner is responsible for all income, federal, state, territory, provincial and local taxes as well as any other costs or expenses associated with Grand Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including, but not limited to, any/all transportation, passport (if applicable), baggage fees, meals, gratuities, travel insurance, and souvenirs. By participating, each entrant agrees (1) to be bound by these Official Rules, (2) that Sponsors, Twitter, and each of their respective designees shall have the right and permission to use (unless prohibited by law) entrant’s name, voice, address (city and state/territory of residence), photograph and/or other likeness and Grand Prize information for advertising, promotional and/or trade and/or any other purpose in any and all media or format now known or hereafter devised throughout the world, in perpetuity, without limitation and without further compensation, consideration, permission or notification to entrants or any third parties; and (3) that the Released Parties, Twitter, and each of their respective employees, agents, representatives, licensors, successors and assigns shall have no liability and will be held harmless for any liability, loss, injury or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, personal injury, death or damage to personal or real property, to entrant or any other person or entity due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Grand Prize (or any portion thereof) (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or participation in this Sweepstakes. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to modify, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) or for any other reason and, in the event of termination, at their discretion, to randomly select the potential winner from those eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to event requiring such termination. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any person and void all associated Entries of any person who they believe has tampered with, or attempted to tamper with or impair, the entry process, or any other component of this Sweepstakes, whose conduct or actions affect or impair the administration, integrity, security, fairness or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, or who is in violation of these Official Rules. Released Parties (a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the Grand Prize (or any portion thereof), and (b) disclaim any implied warranty.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES IN ANY WAY, OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS WILL DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT AND RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK ANY AND ALL REMEDIES AVAILABLE FROM ANY PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW.
7. ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held in New York County, New York; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. CHOICE OF LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsors in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of New York, USA.
9. PRIVACY: Personally identifiable information that is submitted by entrants as part of this Sweepstakes and made available to Sponsors per entrant’s Twitter account setting will be used to administer the Sweepstakes, select & announce the Grand Prize winner and fulfill the Grand Prize, and will be treated in accordance with Sponsors’ privacy policies, accessible on their websites at http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/about_mlb_com/terms_of_use.jsp and https://www.bankofamerica.com/privacy/overview.go.
10. WINNER’S NAME: For the name of the Winner visit winners.teamdigital.com/MLBMemoryBank no later than 8/28/17.
11. SPONSORS: MLB Advanced Media, L.P., 75 Ninth Avenue, New York, NY 10011.
Bank of America, 100 N. Tryon St, Charlotte, NC 28255.
Major League Baseball trademarks, service marks and copyrights are proprietary to the MLB Entities. All rights reserved.