Microsoft – Xbox Intergalactic – Win 1 of 2 grand prizes valued at $1,297 each OR thousands of minor prizes
MICROSOFT XBOX INTERGALACTIC SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
By entering the Microsoft Xbox Intergalactic Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) you (or, if a minor in your place of residence, your parent or legal guardian on your behalf) agree to abide by all terms and conditions referenced in these Official Rules.
1) ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia), who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Microsoft Corporation (“Microsoft” or “Sponsor”), GMR Marketing LLC (“GMR”), and any promotion or other vendor agency involved in this Sweepstakes (and any other person engaged to work on this promotional program) and each of the above’s respective affiliates (collectively, the “Released Parties”) and the household and immediate family members (defined for the purposes of this Sweepstakes as a parent, spouse, child, and sibling) of such employees are not eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2) TIMING: This Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on November 8, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on November 12, 2017 (“Sweepstakes Period”). This Sweepstakes consists of five (5) Daily Instant-Win periods and one (1) Grand Prize drawing. Instant-Win periods will be open for entry starting at 12:00 a.m. PT and ending at 11:59 p.m. PT each day during the Sweepstakes Period.
3) HOW TO ENTER:
a) Grand Prize Drawing: There are two (2) ways to enter— (1) via Twitter or (2) online.
i. To enter the Grand Prize Drawing via Twitter, you must (1) create a new account or use an existing account on www.twitter.com (“Twitter”); (2) follow the @Xbox Twitter handle at https://twitter.com/Xbox; and (3) retweet one (1) of the Sponsor’s designated promotional Tweets containing “#XboxSweepstakes” during the Sweepstakes Period. Retweets must be in the EXACT form as the original tweet to be eligible to receive an entry into the Sweepstakes. Eligible entrant may earn one (1) Twitter entry.
ii. To enter the Grand Prize drawing online, you must (1) have access to an internet-enabled device; (2) visit www.xboxintergalacticsweepstakes.com (“Website”); (3) complete the Official Online Entry Form with your first and last names, address, city, state, zip code, e-mail address, and daytime phone number, verify eligibility, and accept the Official Rules and Microsoft’s Privacy Statement, and (4) click “Submit” during the Sweepstakes Period.
iii. Entry Limit: Limit one (1) entry via the Twitter entry method per person/authorized Twitter account holder and limit one (1) entry via the online entry method per person, per day, regardless of method of entry. For clarity, a total of seven (7) entries (one (1) via Twitter and up to six (6) online) into the Grand Prize drawing may be received during the Sweepstakes per person. The Released Parties and Twitter, Inc., assume no responsibility for lost, late, or misdirected entries or any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur. All entries become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned.
b) Daily Instant-Win:
i. To participate in the Daily Instant-Win online, once you click “Submit” to earn an entry into the Grand Prize drawing online, the Website will automatically reveal whether or not you are a Daily First Prize winner or a Daily Second Prize winner (as defined below in section 4). If you are designated as a Daily First Prize or Daily Second Prize Winner, your prize will be e-mailed to the e-mail address you provided on the Official Online Entry Form. Failure to provide a valid e-mail address at the time of entry or return of any Daily First Prize or Daily Second Prize as undeliverable, will result in forfeiture of the Daily First Prize or the Daily Second Prize. The time of day when you participate will determine whether you are a Daily First Prize or Daily Second Prize Winner. If your entry is the first to occur on or after a randomly designated winning time, you will win one (1) Daily First Prize or one (1) Daily Second Prize indicated, subject to verification. Prizes are made available at random times throughout the Sweepstakes Period. One hundred twenty-five (125) Daily First Prizes and two thousand five hundred (2,500) Daily Second Prizes will be available during the Sweepstakes Period.
ii. Entry Limit: Limit one (1) Daily Instant-Win entry per person, per day, for a total of five (5) Instant-Win entries per person. The use of automated devices to enter this Sweepstakes is prohibited. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for lost, late, or misdirected entries or any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur. All entries become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned.
4) WINNER SELECTION/PRIZES: On or around November 15, 2017, GMR will randomly select the potential Grand Prize winners from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. All random drawings will be conducted under the supervision of Sponsor, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Limit one (1) Grand Prize and one (1) Daily First Prize or Daily Second Prize per person.
a) Five (5) Grand Prizes: Two (2) Xbox One S 500 GB consoles (console model, design, details, and all other aspects of the consoles are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor); two (2) Xbox Design Lab controllers (controller model, design, details, and all other aspects of the controllers are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor); two (2) copies of each of the following Xbox One-compatible games: (a) “Star Wars™ Battlefront™ I – Ultimate Edition”, (b) “Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II – Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition”, (c) “Star Wars™ The Force Unleashed”, (d) “Star Wars™ The Force Unleashed II”, (e) “Lego Star Wars™ – The Force Awakens”, and (f) “Star Wars™ Knights of the Old Republic”; two (2) 12-month Xbox Live Gold Memberships; two (2) 12-month EA Access Memberships; and two (2) movie tokens redeemable for “Star Wars™: The Force Awakens” on Xbox One. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize: $1,297.80.
b) One hundred twenty-five (125) Daily First Prizes: One (1) digital copy of “Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II” game for Xbox One. The ARV of each Daily First Prize is $79.99.
c) Two thousand five hundred (2,500) Daily Second Prizes: One (1) 1-month EA Access token for Xbox One. The ARV of each Daily Second Prize is $4.99.
d) Approximate Retail Value of all prizes combined: $28,962.75.
Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No substitution, transfer, or assignment of prize permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Any and all federal, state, and local or any other applicable taxes related to a prize, in connection with this Sweepstakes, are solely the responsibility of the winner and Sponsor will comply with all tax reporting requirements. All other expenses not specified as part of prize description are solely the winner’s responsibility.
5) WINNERS: The winners will be notified and confirmed as follows:
a) Grand Prize Winners: Each potential Grand Prize winner will be notified on or about November 16, 2017 by either (a) direct message to each potential Grand Prize winner’s Twitter account used to enter or (b) via phone to the phone number indicated on each potential Grand Prize winner’s Official Online Entry Form, depending on entry method.
i. Twitter Entrants – Direct Message Notification Process: If a potential Grand Prize winner is notified via a Twitter direct message, they will have forty-eight (48) hours from the time of notification to respond to the direct message with their first and last names, country, and daytime phone number or the potential Grand Prize winner will automatically forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be randomly selected as a potential Grand Prize winner, time and circumstances permitting. The potential Grand Prize winner will then be contacted via phone to the phone number provided by the potential winner to confirm eligibility and obtain their shipping address (no P.O. Boxes accepted).
ii. Online Entrants – Phone Notification Process: If a potential Grand Prize winner is notified via phone, they will have forty-eight (48) hours from the time of notification to respond and confirm their first and last name and shipping address (no P.O. Boxes accepted) or the potential Grand Prize winner will automatically forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be randomly selected as a potential Grand Prize winner, time and circumstances permitting.
iii. Confirmation Process: Each Grand Prize winner must complete, sign, and return the presented affidavit of eligibility, mutually acceptable liability release, publicity release, and appropriate tax documents (the “Documents”) within seven (7) calendar days of delivery of the Documents, or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
iv. Prize Fulfillment: The Grand Prizes will be shipped/e-mailed within eight (8) weeks following the successful completion of the Documents to the address/e-mail address provided by each winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable or failure to accept any prize within the specified time period may result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize. If notified winner is not eligible, forfeits prize, or declines prize, an alternate winner may be randomly selected as a potential Grand Prize winner, time and circumstances permitting. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Potential alternate winners will be selected and notified in the same manner and under the same conditions outlined above.
b) Publicity Release: Entrants further grant to Sponsor the right to use and publish their proper names, states, and/or Twitter handle, online, in print, and in any other media in connection with the Sweepstakes. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without notice, review, approval or additional compensation unless prohibited by law.
6) ADDITIONAL TERMS: By entering, entrant agrees to accept and abide by the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Sweepstakes, rule interpretation, or award of prize, shall be resolved by Sponsor, whose decision shall be binding and final. By entering, entrant agrees to be notified using the contact information provided in the entrant’s Official Online Entry Form or via Twitter by the Sponsor and/or GMR for the purposes of the administration of this Sweepstakes. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties and Twitter, Inc., from any injury, loss or damage to person, including death, moral damage, or property damage due in-whole or in-part, directly or indirectly to the acceptance, use, or misuse of a prize, participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, or participation in the Sweepstakes. The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of prizes, including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. In the event the Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, or territory/provincial, or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event), the Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor, in its discretion, elects to abbreviate the Sweepstakes as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to randomly select the winner(s) from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
7) DISPUTES/GOVERNING LAW: All disputes concerning the construction, interpretation, validity, effect, and enforceability of these Official Rules will be governed by the laws of the state of Washington without regard to conflicts of laws provisions. Entrant (i) agrees that exclusive jurisdiction over any legal action arising out of or in connection with the Promotion will be in state or federal courts located in or nearest to state of Washington and by entering consents to such jurisdiction and venue; (ii) consents to resolve any such claims individually and without resort to class action; and (iii) agrees that all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorney’s fees or punitive, incidental, consequential, or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses.
8) INTERNET: If for any reason the Internet portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes. In any such event, Sponsor, at its sole discretion, will randomly select the winner(s) from eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such termination, suspension or cancellation. The Released Parties and Twitter, Inc. assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Released Parties and Twitter, Inc. are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Entries made by Internet will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
9) USE OF DATA: Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with Microsoft’s Privacy Statement, which is located at https://privacy.microsoft.com/privacystatement. Please note that by entering, you are accepting these Official Rules and the terms of the Privacy Statement.
Entrants’ data will be used by the Released Parties and their representatives, employees, or third-party vendors for the use and purposes to execute the Sweepstakes as provided in these Official Rules.
10) WINNERS LIST: For the names and/or Twitter handles of the Grand and Daily First Prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Microsoft Xbox Intergalactic Sweepstakes, Attn: Promotions Department, 5000 South Towne Drive, New Berlin, WI 53151, postmarked by January 5, 2018 and received by January 12, 2018.
11) SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052, USA.
12) ADMINISTRATOR: This Sweepstakes is administered by GMR Marketing LLC, 5000 South Towne Drive, New Berlin, WI 53151, USA.
The Sweepstakes is not in any way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Twitter Inc., The Walt Disney Company, and Electronic Arts Inc.
Neither Lucasfilm Ltd. nor any of its subsidiaries and affiliates is a sponsor of the Sweepstakes and is not responsible for any obligations in connection with the Sweepstakes.
Star Wars™ Battlefront™ and all characters, names and related indicia are TM & © Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved