Michaels – Cricut For Christmas Sweepstakes
Michaels Cricut for Christmas Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Michaels Cricut for Christmas Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 continental United States, Washington, DC and Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec) who are at least eighteen (18) years of
age as of December 1, 2019. Employees of Michaels Stores, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and each of its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, advertising agencies, and persons living in the same household as such employees and the immediate family members of
such employees are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law or restricted in a manner inconsistent with
these Official Rules. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Central Daylight Saving Time (“CDT”) on December 1, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CDT on December 28, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. CDT on
December 28, 2019 to be eligible. Sponsor’s designated computer is the official time clock for the Sweepstakes.
2. HOW TO ENTER; ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: There are (2) methods of entry.
i. In the United States, visit https://www.michaels.com/cricutsweeps, or in Canada visit https://canada.michaels.com/en/cricutsweeps
(collectively the “Website”), and complete the online entry form, which includes your name, email address, mailing address and phone number (collectively, an “Entry”).
ii. Print or type your name, address, city, state, zip code, e-mail address, day and evening telephone numbers on a 3” x 5” card (the “AMOE”), and mail in a stamped envelope to Michaels Cricut for Christmas Sweepstakes, Attn: Category Marketing
Specialist, 8000 Bent Branch Drive, Irving, TX 75063. Entries submitted by mail must be postmarked by December 23, 2019, and received by December 28, 2019 to be eligible.
One (1) Entry or AMOE per individual per week during the Sweepstakes Period is allowed (for a total of four (4) Entries or AMOEs per individual during the entire Sweepstakes Period); multiple entries using different email addresses for a single
individual will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of Entry. “Authorized account holder” is
defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for
the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sweepstakes is subject to applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations. Failure to provide true and accurate information will automatically disqualify you from
participating in the Sweepstakes. Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes.
3. SELECTION OF THE PRIZE WINNERS. On December 30, 2019, all entries will be pooled and four winners (each a potential “Prize Winner”) will be selected at random from the pool of entries. Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential Prize Winners
on January 3, 2020 via electronic mail. Unless otherwise prohibited, the provisional Prize Winners will be required to sign and return an Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Affidavit (“Affidavit”) within forty-eight (48) hours of notification
attempt, or prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner will be selected at random from the remaining entries. Canadian residents must correctly answer an arithmetic skill test question, without assistance of any kind, whether
mechanical, electronic, or otherwise, to claim a Prize.
4. PRIZES. Each Prize Winner will receive a random Cricut bundle from amongst the following: one (1) Holiday Magic Bundle (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $1,253.90), one (1) Holiday Bestie Bundle (ARV $1,209.88), one (1) New Year’s Party Bundle
(ARV $1,230.79), and one (1) Cricut Cart-astic Bundle (ARV $1,198.91), (each a “Prize”). Terms and conditions may apply. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash value or exchanged for any other prize. If a Prize becomes
unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. The ARV of all prizes available in this Sweepstakes is four thousand eight hundred ninety-three dollars and forty-eight cents (USD
$4,893.48). Winners are solely responsible for all taxes associated with the awarded prize. U.S. law requires a 1099 be given to Sweepstakes winners indicating the value of the Prize.
The Prize Winners are strictly prohibited from selling, auctioning, trading or otherwise transferring the prizes unless Sponsor consents in writing. ALL PRIZES AWARDED IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). Limit one Prize per entrant during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. TAMPERING WITH SWEEPSTAKES: Entrants found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the
Website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and/or civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent
permitted by law.
6. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of any Prize constitutes permission to use the name and likeness of the Prize Winner for advertising and publicity purposes in perpetuity without further compensation, review, notice, or
approval, throughout the world, in all media and means whether now known or later discovered.
7. LIABILITY & RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and each of its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and advertising, promotional and judging
agencies (the “Sweepstakes Entities”) from and against any and all liability, injuries, loss, claim, damages, or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use, misuse or possession of any prize, including, but
not limited to: (a) human error or unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, misdirected, illegible
entries; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons, including death, or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s
participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that the preceding release is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or void for any reason, the entrant agrees that, by
entering the Sweepstakes, (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (b) any
claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to
obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual
out-of-pocket expenses. Entrants hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any
8. GOVERNING LAW/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants, Sponsor or the Sweepstakes Entities in
connection with the Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s
9. DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The exclusive forum and venue for any dispute regarding the Sweepstakes shall be in the state and federal courts located in Dallas County, Texas.
10. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the Sweepstakes winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Michaels Room Makeover Sweepstakes” Winners List, Attn.: Category Marketing Specialist, 8000 Bent Branch Drive, Irving, TX 75063. Residents of
Vermont are not required to provide a self-addressed stamped envelope. Requests must be received no later than March 31, 2020.
11. MISCELLANEOUS. Sponsor failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes if any fraud, virus or other
problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible, non-suspect
entries received up to the time of the impairment. If any such malfunction, error, disruption or similar damage occurs and impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor may, in its sole
discretion, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes by posting a notice on www.michaels.com. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, and damaged entries. Sponsor will be the sole judge of which entries are valid and its
decision is final and binding. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or the Affidavit or Declaration will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision of
the Official Rules or the Affidavit or Declaration is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal
provision were not contained herein. When terms such as “may” are used in these Official Rules, Sponsor has sole and absolute discretion. Entrants agree to waive any rights to claim ambiguity of these Official Rules. Headings are solely for
convenience of reference and will not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of the documents or any provision hereof. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any
absolute discretion. American Express is not affiliated with the administration of this Sweepstakes.
Sponsor: Michaels Stores, Inc., 8000 Bent Branch Drive, Irving, TX 75063