Meredith – Win a 24 month lease of a 2015 Nissan NV® SL V8, including the technology package of $40,655, and a $3,000 check by March 9, 2015!
NO PURCHASE OR APP DOWN LOAD NECESSARYTO ENTER OR WIN.
Family Fun Hit the Road Contest is open only to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-five (25) years old and who have (1) a valid U.S. driver’s license and (2) at least one (1) child or ward aged eighteen (18) years or younger living in their household at the time of entry, of whom they are the parent or legal guardian.
The Contest begins on February 4, 2015 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time, and ends on March 9, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
3. HOW TO ENTER
There are two ways to enter this Contest:
Enter Online : During the Contest Period, visit familyfunpromo.com/hittheroad and follow the instructions to submit a completed online registration form (including your name, valid email address, valid home address, age and phone number). Then write an essay (in 200 words or fewer) demonstrating that you are America’s most adventurous family by describing how you are planning to hit the road this summer. In addition, upload one (1) recent photo (taken within one month of the entry date) of you and your family. The registration form, essay and photo will be herein referred to as your Submission.
• Enter Via Mobile App : Download the FREE Mom+ app from the iTunes® App Store™ or Google Play, and launch the app on your compatible mobile device. Find the page in Family Fun or Parents Magazines advertising this promotion (you will see the Mom+ icon). Hold your device above this page and tap your phone to scan the page. Follow instructions on mobile entry page to submit a completed entry form (including your name, valid email address, valid home address, age and phone number), then write an essay (in 200 words or fewer) demonstrating that you are FamilyFun’s most adventurous family by describing how you are planning to hit the road this summer. In addition, upload one (1) recent photo (taken within one month of the entry date) of you and your family.
By uploading your Submission, you agree that your Submission conforms to the Photo Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
• The photo must be in .jpg or .bmp format and must not exceed 3 MB;
• The essay must be in English and must not exceed two hundred (200) words; and
• The essay may not have been previously published
• Content Restrictions:
• The Submission must be the original work of entrant;
• The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
• The Submission must not disparage any other person or party affiliated with the Contest;
• The Submission must not feature any brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor or Nissan, which entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her Submission in this Contest;
• The essay and photo must not contain any personally identifying information;
• The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, or libelous;
• The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
• The Submission must not promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promote any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; or promote any particular political agenda or message; The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the Submission is created; and
• The Submission must not describe or depict Nissan’s products or any automobile being used in an inappropriate, unsafe, irresponsible or unlawful manner, or encourage others to use Nissan’s products or any automobile in an inappropriate, unsafe, irresponsible or unlawful manner;
• Limit : Each entrant may upload one (1) Submission during the Contest Period. Submissions received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limit will be void. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor and Nissan a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submission in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor, Nissan or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
After the Contest Period, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select the entrant with the highest-scoring Submission (the potential winner) from among all eligible Submissions based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
• Creativity/Originality of the essay (25%);
• Entertainment value of the essay to the Family Fun and Parents Magazine audience (25%);
• Relevance of the essay to the Family Fun and Parents Magazine audience (25%); and
• Quality of essay and photo (25%).
In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score for Creativity/Originality, as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the potential winner.
5. WINNER REQUIREMENTS
Potential winner will be notified by email or phone on or around March 24, 2015. Except where prohibited, the potential winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release, background check authorization form, and any additional documentation required by Sponsor in its sole discretion (“Prize Acceptance Documentation”), which must be received by Administrator within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Prize Acceptance Documentation, does not comply with these Official Rules, or Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that the winner does not pass the background check. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Acceptance of the prize shall constitute and signify winner’s agreement (1) to draft one (1) blog entry per week for an eight (8) week period during the summer of 2015 to be determined by Sponsor, documenting winner’s family’s experience driving and riding in the 2015 Nissan NV® SL V8 Passenger Van; and including family photos (including photos/videos taken with the Go-Pro Hero) showing winner’s family using the Nissan NV; and (2) that Sponsor, Nissan and their designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, family information, blog entries, photographs/videos, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised,including the Internet, without limitation. Winner further agrees that the blog entries and photographs/videos will not contain (i) any material that violates the Content Restrictions as listed in Section 5 above; (ii) material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or constitute copyright infringement, and (iii) material showing inappropriate, unsafe, irresponsible, unlawful or negligent operation of the Nissan vehicle. The photographs and videos should therefore display the driver and passengers properly belted, restrained at all times, and seated properly (no children in the front seat, no laying down sleeping or with a head against the window); should not display extremities outside of the windows or other portals while the vehicle is in motion; should not display the driver disobeying traffic laws; and should display cargo properly secured and not higher than any seat back. Sponsor and Nissan have the right to determine whether blog entries, photos, or videos meet these criteria and reserve the right to review and revise these materials before they are published. Winner understands that by submitting the weekly blog entries, photos and videos that it is providing Sponsor and Nissan with a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such materials, in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate them into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes.
Winner agrees to release and hold harmless Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) and any licensee of Sponsor and Nissan against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE :
A twenty four (24) month lease of a 2015 Nissan NV® SL V8, including the technology package and carpeted front and rear floor mats, with an M.S.R.P. of $40,655, a $3,000 check that may be used to assist with sales tax, license and registration fees for the lease vehicle, a Go-Pro Hero3+ Camera, memory card and suction cup mount (with an Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of $429), and a $1,000 check that winner may use to purchase camping equipment or other incidental expenses for the family adventure.
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize (or a component thereof) for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner will be contacted regarding the fulfillment of the Nissan NV lease within 4-6 weeks after winner has completed and returned the Prize Acceptance Documentation, and Sponsor has determined the winner is confirmed, and the lease will be fulfilled by the designated dealership as soon as it becomes available.
The ARV of the 2015 Nissan NV® SL V8 lease is approximately $24,158. Winner must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license and will be required to provide proof of insurance at time of delivery. Winner must take delivery of prize from the automobile dealership designated by Sponsor. Lease mileage limited to 15,000 miles each year; winner will be charged for mileage that exceeds this amount. Winner will be required to sign a vehicle lease agreement which will have additional terms and conditions. Winner will be solely responsible for all income taxes, automotive liability and collision insurance premiums as required by Nissan Motors Acceptance Corporation, scheduled routine maintenance charges, excess wear and use charges, damage to the vehicle charges, early termination fees, excess mileage charges, gasoline, use sales tax (or similar taxes), license, title, registration fees, other operating expenses and other government fees and expenses incurred as result of receiving or using the vehicle. The vehicle must be returned at the end of the 24 month lease term.
Winner will receive a Form 1099-MISC reporting the actual fair market value of the Grand Prize from Administrator for the calendar year of prize receipt. This information will also be submitted to the IRS and state taxing authorities.
• The total ARV of the prize package is $28,587.
7. WINNER LIST
For a winner list, visit bit.ly/1AqTin6. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2015 HelloWorld, Inc. All rights reserved.