Marriott – $30k Dream Day – Win USD $30000 to put toward winner’s wedding or honeymoon awarded in the form of a USD $25000 check made payable to the winner and a USD $5000 Marriott Bonvoy gift card (ARV USD $30000).
The $30K Dream Day Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void in Quebec and where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state, local, provincial, and municipal laws. Sweepstakes begins on November 2, 2022 at 10:00 am ET and ends on December 5, 2022 at 11:59 pm ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
1. Eligibility: The $30K Dream Day Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of one of the 50 United States or District of Columbia or Canada (excluding Quebec) who, as of entry date, are at least 21 years of age or older and are newly married, engaged to be married or in a serious committed relationship. Employees, officers, and directors of Marriott International, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates (“Administrator”), XO Group Inc., and any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, mandataries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of the winner.
2. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor is Marriott International, Inc., 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814 USA. The Administrator is Don Jagoda Associates, 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747 USA.
3. How to Enter: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY and completion of the quiz is not required to participate. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. To enter, visit https://www.theknot.com/content/dream-wedding-venue-quiz (“Quiz Site”), complete the quiz and be redirected to the Sweepstakes site (“Site”) to complete all required fields of the onscreen registration form to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (“Initial Entry”). After completion of the registration form, you may earn a bonus entry (“Bonus Entry”) on Pinterest by saving one (1) pin from the Sponsor’s Sweepstakes board linked on the Website and submitting the saved pin URL on the Website as indicated to receive one (1) Bonus Entry into the random drawing. In order to earn a Bonus Entry, you must have a Pinterest account. You may register for a free account at Pinterest.com. Initial Entries and Bonus Entries will be collectively referred to as (“Entries”).
No information regarding Entries, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules, will be disclosed. Entries must be received by 11:59 pm ET on December 5, 2022 to be included in the random drawing. Limit one (1) initial Entry and one (1) Bonus Entry per person/email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated or computer system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply.
Incomplete, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen or misdirected Entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; or miscommunications, computer or software malfunctions, telephone transmission problems, technical failures, garbled transmissions, damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware), or other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter at the Site will be deemed to be the entrant or participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization (which may include an employer) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win. Entrant’s social media profiles must be keeping with Sponsor’s image or he/she may be disqualified.
4. Selection of Winner: On or about December 6, 2022, one (1) Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Drawing will be conducted by the Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes, at their offices in Melville, NY USA. The odds of winning the prizedepend on the total number of Entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period.
5. Winner Notification: Potential winner will be notified by email. Grand Prize winner will be sent via email a Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (where legal) (“Declaration”) and will be required to complete, sign and return Declaration via mail/email within four (4) days of being notified in order to claim their prize. If the potential winner fails to return the required document within the required time period, or the prize notification is returned undeliverable, or in the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. If the potential Grand Prize winner is a resident of Canada, they must answer correctly a mathematical skill-testing question without aid of mechanical device or otherwise, to be administered by the Administrator at a time and in a manner to be determined by the Administrator. The Grand Prize will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received for throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Potential winneris subject to verification by Sponsor and/or Administrator, whose decisions are final and BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. An entrant is not a winner of the prize unless and until entrant’s eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
6. Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Grand Prize (1): USD $30,000 to put toward winner’s wedding or honeymoon, awarded in the form of a USD $25,000 check made payable to the winner and a USD $5,000 Marriott Bonvoy gift card (ARV: USD $30,000).
Prize Restrictions: Grand Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion if the advertised prize (or portion of the prize) becomes unavailable. Winner is responsible for any loss of prize or portion of prize after it has been delivered. Sponsor will not replace the lost or stolen prize. All terms and conditions of the Marriott Bonvoy gift card apply to use of the gift card portion of the Grand Prize and can be found at https://gifts.marriott.com/terms.html. Any and all applicable taxes, duties and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. If the Grand Prize winner is a U.S. resident, they will be issued a 1099 tax form for the value of prize.
7. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and in the event of cancellation, the prize will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. Sponsor, Administrator,XO Group Inc., and their agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen or misdirected Entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of Entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor or Administrator. Sponsor’s or Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the Entry process, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect Entries and (a) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation up to the time of the impairment.
8. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that Sponsor, Administrator,., XO Group Inc., and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, web masters, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of the prize. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THE PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, PANDEMICS (INCLUDING COVID-19), ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY SUCH SITE.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE PRIZE, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. Publicity. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, WINNER GRANTS TO SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR AND/OR ADMINISTRATOR), AND THOSE ACTING PURSUANT TO THEIR AUTHORITY, THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLDWIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, EACH WINNER’S NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, ENTRY, AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR SHALL OWN THE ENTRIES, WHICH WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED OR RETURNED, AND THAT SPONSOR AND ITS DESIGNEES SHALL HAVE THE PERPETUAL, WORLDWIDE RIGHT TO EDIT, PUBLISH, AND USE THE ENTRIES IN ANY WAY AND IN ANY MEDIA FOR TRADE, ADVERTISING, PROMOTIONAL, AND/OR OTHER PURPOSES AS SPONSOR AND/OR ITS DESIGNEES MAY DETERMINE WITHOUT FURTHER CONSIDERATION TO ENTRANTS OR ANY THIRD PARTY.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Maryland in the U.S. or the appropriate State Court located in Maryland in the U.S.; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland in the U.S., without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Maryland in the U.S. or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland in the U.S.
12. Official Rules and Winner List: For a copy of the Official Rules, visit 30kDreamDaySweepstakes.com. For the name of the winner available for ninety (90) days after December 20, 2022, send an email to: Winners@dja.com with WINNER & 11-2732-69 as the subject line. Winner List will be available after the prize has been awarded.
Pinterest has not sponsored or offered this Sweepstakes in any way.
The Knot Worldwide Inc. is not a sponsor, administrator or prize provider with respect to the Sweepstakes
Marriott International, Inc. shall not be liable for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. Copyright ©2022 Marriott International. Marriott® and other trademarks and/or logos used herein are trademarks/logos of Marriott International, Inc. or other owners in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved.