Marcus Theaters – Jumanji The Next Level – Win One Marcus Theatres Annual Movie Pass
JUMANJI: THE NEXT LEVEL SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN,
NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING
1. Sponsor. Marcus Theaters Corporation, a Wisconsin Corporation, having an address of 100 East Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 2000, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202 (“Sponsor”).
2. Prize Fulfiller. Sponsor will fulfill the prize awarded under the Sweepstakes.
3. Entry Period. The “Jumanji: The Next Level” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) entry period begins at 12:00 a.m. Central Standard Time (“CST”) on December 2, 2019, and ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on December 31, 2019 (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes, including for determining whether an Entry is received during the Entry Period. All entries received after the end of the Entry Period will be disregarded.
4. Method of Entry. During the Entry Period, Magical Movie Rewards (“MMR”) members may enter the Sweepstakes by visiting Marcustheatres.com/jumanji_sweepstakes watching movie content from the feature film Jumanji: The Next Level (“Film”), and answering up to four (4) related trivia questions. Participants will receive one (1) entry for each trivia question answered correctly (up to four (4) entries total; the “Trivia Entry Limit”). In addition, MMR members will receive one (1) entry for each ticket purchased during the Entry Period to see the Film during the Entry Period at a participating Marcus Theatres or Movie Tavern location (up to four (4) entries total; the “Ticket Entry Limit”). MMR card number must be presented at the time of ticket purchase in order for purchase to count towards purchase requirement to receive an entry.
Alternatively, participants may receive an entry by mail as follows: on a 3″x 5″ card, legibly handprint or type the MMR member’s full name, address, email address, and phone number, and mail such card in a business size envelope to: Marcus Theatres Corporation, 100 East Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 2000, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202, Attention: Promotions Department – Jumanji: The Next Level Sweepstakes (an “AMOE”). A participant may submit a total of eight (8) AMOE entries (the “AMOE Entry Limit”). All AMOE entries must be postmarked by December 31, 2019, and received by Sponsor no later than January 7, 2020.
Each participant may receive up to eight (8) total entries in the Sweepstakes (the “Total Entry Limit”), subject to the Trivia Entry Limit, Ticket Entry Limit, and AMOE Entry Limit. Entries and AMOEs that exceed the Total Entry Limit are void. Entries that result in a refunded ticket are void. Entries that are late (including due to delayed data transmissions), or are, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, forged, illegible, mutilated, incomplete, misdirected, mechanically reproduced, irregular, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified. The use of automated entry devices is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Proof of submitting an entry will not be deemed receipt of such entry by Sponsor.
5. Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of Arkansas, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin (the “Eligibility Area”) who are eighteen (18) years of age (or age of majority in his/her state of residence) at the time of entry. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of (a) Sponsor and its respective parent and affiliated companies, including, without limitation, Marcus Hotels, Inc., Marcus Theatres Corporation, and The Marcus Corporation, (b) Columbia TriStar Marketing Group and its parent, affiliated companies and subsidiaries, and (c) any advertising and promotional agencies affiliated with those companies, including, without limitation, Contest Factory (collectively, “Sweepstakes Parties”), and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win the Sweepstakes. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren. The Sweepstakes is void outside of the Eligibility Area and where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes each participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
6. Prize. One prize winner will receive One (1) Marcus Theatres® Annual Movie Pass. Prize is subject to limits and restrictions: Limit two tickets per movie; one movie per week. Not valid on Saturdays or when pass list is suspended. (ARV: $1,040.)
Approximate retail value (ARV) as stated above represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of the ARV of the prize. Any difference between the ARV stated above and the actual value of the prize will not be awarded. All incidental expenses, including, but not limited to meals and other personal expenses, costs, and taxes not specified herein will be the sole responsibility of the winner, including without limitation, federal and state taxes. If the prize is valued at $600 or more, Sponsor will issue an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual value of the prize won. However, winner’s failure to receive an IRS Form 1099 does not relieve winner of applicable tax requirements.
The prize is non-refundable and non-transferable; no cash alternative is available. If the prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
7. Prize Drawing. Prize will be awarded in a random drawing on or about January 10, 2020 (the “Winner Selection Date”) from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on total number of eligible entries received.
8. Winner. The winner will be notified on or about January 10, 2020 by the email address and phone number provided in their MMR account or AMOE. Sponsor is not responsible if a prize notification is not received for any reason. Disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (1) if a potential winner cannot be reached after reasonable effort has been exerted; (2) potential winner’s inability to accept prize; (3) potential winner’s failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity Release within five (5) days of the date of receipt; (4) the return of a prize notification as undeliverable; or (5) any other non-compliance with these Official Rules. If Sponsor is unable to confirm a winner, at Sponsor’s option, the Prize may go un-awarded.
For a copy of the Official Rules and/or the name of the prize winner (available after January 10, 2020, requests must be received by July 10, 2020) send a request, specifying “Winner Name” and/or “Official Rules Request,” along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Marcus Theaters Corporation, 100 East Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 2000, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202, Attn: Advertising and Promotions Department – Jumanji: The Next Level Sweepstakes.
9. Conditions, Disclaimers, and Licenses. By entering this Sweepstakes, each participant agrees that: (1) he or she will abide by and be bound by these Official Rules; (2) the entry, becomes solely the Sponsor’s property and will not be acknowledged or returned; (3) none of the Sweepstakes Parties are responsible for claims, injuries, death, losses, or damages of any kind resulting from Sweepstakes participation or inability to participate; the awarding, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the Prize or parts thereof; or participation in any Prize related activity; (4) winner’s acceptance of the Prize constitutes the grant of an unconditional right to the Sweepstakes Parties to use winner’s name, address (city and state only), voice, likeness, photograph, biographical and prize information and/or statements about the Sweepstakes for any publicity, advertising and promotional purposes, including the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including without limitation, the World Wide Web, without additional compensation or limitation, except where prohibited by law; (5) any portion of the Prize not accepted by the winner will be forfeited; (6) Sponsor is not responsible for any inability of the winner to accept the Prize for any reason; and (7) Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters relating to the Sweepstakes, including fact, interpretation, eligibility, procedure, fulfillment, and disputes relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, and all decisions are final. In the event a question arises regarding a winner’s identity, entry will be deemed made by the holder of the email account associated with the entry. Entries are void if unreadable, inaccurate, incomplete, mutilated, tampered with, forged, mechanically reproduced, postage due, misdirected, late, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Although Sponsor attempts to ensure the integrity of the Sweepstakes, the Sweepstakes Parties are not responsible for the actions of participants or other individuals in connection with the Sweepstakes, including attempts by participants or other individuals to circumvent these Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, Sponsor is not capable of running the Sweepstakes or if Prize Fulfiller is unable to supply the Prize or any part thereof by reason damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, strikes, industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes to select winner from among all eligible non-suspect entries received up to the time of such cancellation or termination. None of the Sweepstakes Parties shall be liable to any person in connection with any action taken pursuant to the foregoing sentence. Inclusion in such drawing will be each participant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Proof of submitting an entry will not be deemed receipt of such entry by Sponsor.
10. Limitations on Liability. No Sweepstakes Party shall be liable to winner or any other person for failure to supply the Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond any Sweepstakes Party’s sole control.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF ANY ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF THE SPONSOR’S THEATRES, OR DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, ANY MATERIALS, OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF, OR PARTICIPATION IN, ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE SWEEPSTAKES, ALL PRIZES, AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
11. Release and Indemnification. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTS RELEASE AND HOLD THE SWEEPSTAKES PARTIES HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHT, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES OR PARITICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ACCESS TO ANY MATERIALS, OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
Severability, Headings. If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for convenience of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof.
Law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of any participant or Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes are governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Wisconsin without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Any claim arising under or in connection with this Sweepstakes must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin.
Columbia TriStar Marketing Group, and its parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries are not responsible for the promotion, administration, or execution of this Sweepstakes.