Lulus – Spin Shop Love Spring 2020 – Win made out to the Winner
PLEASE READ THESE RULES CAREFULLY PRIOR TO PARTICIPATION OR ENTRY.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO REGISTER, ENTER, OR WIN.
OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS AGED 18 OR AGED 13-18WITH PARENT PERMISSION WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
The Name The Dress Contest 2020 (“The Contest”) is created and sponsored by Lulu’s Fashion Lounge, LLC., trading as Lulus or Lulus.com (“Sponsor” or “Lulus”), 195 Humboldt Ave. Chico, CA 95928. By participating in The Contest, you agree to the terms and conditions of the Lulus website, which are available at
, incorporated herein by reference, and that your participation will be governed by, and you shall abide by, all of the following rules (the “Contest Rules”) outlined herein.
1. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to individuals who (a) are legal residents of the United States or the District of Columbia, and (b) as of the date of the individual’s first Entry, are at least thirteen (13) years old with permission from a parent or legal guardian, or are at least eighteen (18) years old. Sponsor in its discretion may require a person who submits an Entry (“Participant”) to provide verification of eligibility. The following individuals are not eligible to enter or win The Contest: current or former (within the immediately preceding 12 months) employees, officers, directors, and contractors of Lulu’s Fashion Lounge, LLC., and anyone involved in the administration of The Contest, and any member of the immediate family (i.e., a parent, sibling, child or grandchild) or household of any of the foregoing individuals.
2. Entry Period: The Contest runs January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020. Each week in which a Weekly Dress is posted, entries will be accepted between Monday at 9:00am Pacific Time and Tuesday at 3:00pm Pacific Time.
3. How to Enter: All Entries shall be submitted as comments on the Lulus blog, https://www.lulus.com/blog/
In order to enter, complete the following steps:
1. Visit https://www.lulus.com/blog/
2. Submit an original name for the dress featured in a “Name the Dress” blog post (the “Weekly Dress”) as a comment on the post.
Each original name will constitute one (1) Entry. Each eligible Participant may submit an unlimited number of Entries during the Contest Entry Period.
By submitting an Entry, you warrant and represent that
The dress name submitted as your Entry is original and not, to your knowledge, used by Lulus or any other clothing retailer as a product name,
your Entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party,
the Entry does not feature trademarks, logos, or brand names other than Lulus, and
the Entry is not made for any improper purpose such as to intimidate or harass any individual or to ridicule, disparage, or embarrass Lulus.
By submitting an Entry on the Lulus blog you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by the Lulus Terms of Service [https://www.lulus.com/customerservice/termsofuse]. By participating, each Participant further agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and represents and warrants that he/she meets the eligibility requirements set forth herein. By submitting an Entry, you also grant Lulus a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferrable, sublicensable, and non-exclusive perpetual license throughout the universe for use in any and all media whether now known or hereafter devised to use and exploit (including without limitation by reproduction, distribution, public display, adaptation, communication to the public, and/or public performance, and including for commercial purposes) the Entry, and waive to the full extent permitted by law any and all claims against Lulus related to moral rights in the Entry. Lulus reserves the right to use any dress name submitted as an Entry throughout its Website, in marketing materials, or however else Lulus sees fit, without any payment or royalty to you.
No Entry shall contain any language or imagery which Lulus deems, in its sole and absolute discretion, to be inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, or that promotes discrimination on the basis of race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age. Lulus reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entry that contains any such language or imagery or which otherwise may be in violation of any law. Late, incomplete and/or inaccurate entries and entries not complying with all Rules are subject to disqualification. Any form of automated entry, including by the use of macros, scripts or bots, will be disqualified. Furthermore, by entering, each Participant represents and warrants that each Entry complies with these Contest Rules in full. Entries must not contain any material that Lulus, in its sole discretion, deems inappropriate for public viewing and/or determines is contrary to the Contest mission. Lulus reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and/or not accept any Entry that Sponsor determines does not or is likely not to comply with these guidelines.
Your submission of an Entry constitutes your legal representation that you are eligible to participate in The Contest, and that you have read and agree to be bound by these Rules.
All Entries must be posted to the Lulus Blog no later than 3:00pm Pacific Time on TUESDAY after the Weekly Dress is posted.
4. Judging Period and Criteria: Entries will be accepted starting on Mondays, when a Weekly Dress is posted on the Lulus blog, and will be accepted until 3:00pm Pacific Time the next day (Tuesday) (the “Weekly Entry Period”). The timestamp generated by the Lulus blog platform shall be the official time-keeping device for The Contest. All Entries will be judged by Lulus personnel, to be selected by Lulus at its sole discretion (the “Judges”). The Judges shall select a Winner using the following equally weighted criteria: Creativity; Marketability; Originality, and Relevance to the appearance of the dress. Decisions of the Judges are final and binding.
5. Winner Notification, Requirements, and Grant of Rights: Lulus will notify each week’s Winner via email within two days following the Weekly Entry Period in which the name was entered. To claim the Prize, Winner must respond to the email within forty-eight (48) hours of the sent time stamp of the email by emailing email@example.com with the Winner’s full legal name, home, and email addresses. The Winner must also, within forty-eight (48) hours of Notification, sign a declaration of eligibility and grant Lulus in writing a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferrable, sublicensable, and non-exclusive perpetual license throughout the universe for use in any and all media whether now known or hereafter devised to use and exploit (including without limitation by reproduction, distribution, public display, adaptation, communication to the public, and/or public performance, and including for commercial purposes) the Entry, waive to the full extent permitted by law any and all claims against Lulus related to moral rights in the Entry, and except where prohibited, grant written permission to have the Winner’s name, likeness and identity used for promotional purposes by Lulus without additional compensation.
If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning Entry, as registered with the organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the Winning Entry’s submitted email address. Lulus shall have no liability for a Winner’s failure to receive notices due to Winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. Lulus may in its discretion announce the name of the potential Winner on www.lulus.com or in other forms of communication. The receipt by any Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations.
The failure of a potential winner promptly to prove eligibility, sign the required declaration and grant of rights in the Entry, or Lulus’ inability to contact the potential winner, will result in immediate disqualification and selection of an alternative winner.
ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
6. Prizes: Each week in which a Weekly Dress is posted there shall be one prize (the “Weekly Prize”) consisting of one online gift card to Lulus.com in the amount of $100.00 (Weekly Prize ARV: $100.00; Total ARV of all Weekly Prizes: depends on number of Weekly Dress posts during contest period, up to $5,000). Winner must have or open a Lulus.com account to redeem the Prize. No cash or other prize substitutions are permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including, without limitation, any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of each Winner. Gift card shall be subject to the terms and conditions delivered with the online gift card.
7. Limitation of Liability: By entering, each Participant agrees to and hold harmless Lulus and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (all of the foregoing, the “Sponsor Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such Participant’s participation in The Contest and/or her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited any loss or damage to any Entry, (iii) the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iv) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (v) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or The Contest; (vi) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of The Contest or the processing of Entries; to the maximum extent allowed by law. Some jurisdictions may not permit certain liability limitations or waivers. If any court determines the law of such a jurisdiction applies, our liability shall be limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
8. All Decisions Final: All decisions of Sponsor and Sponsor Parties are final and binding in all respects.
9. Disputes: THE CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in The Contest, to the fullest extent allowed by law, Participant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, causes of action or controversies arising out of or in connection with The Contest, shall be resolved in arbitration individually and without resort to collective, class, or aggregate action, as set forth in the Terms and Conditions of the Lulus.com website. By registering and/or submitting an Entry, each Participant irrevocably waives, to the greatest extent allowed by law, any right to seek and/or obtain rescission and/or equitable and/or injunctive relief. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than Participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering The Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY, IN NO EVENT WILL THE SPONSOR OR THE SPONSOR PARTIES BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTICIPANT OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF REVENUES, LOST PROFITS, LOST CAPITAL OR OVERHEAD, WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER OR NOT SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
10. General Terms and Conditions: All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply, and The Contest is void where prohibited. Lulus reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend The Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of The Contest. In such case, Lulus may select the recipients from all eligible Entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Lulus. Lulus reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of The Contest or who violates these Contest Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, mutilated, misdirected, misdelivered, or delayed Entries, or for technical or human errors or failures of any kind in connection with the submission, transmission, processing or selection of Entries or the winning Entry, including without limitation any malfunctions or failures of computer hardware, computer software, networks or telephone equipment or any technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or late, lost, damaged, or postage due mail, or any combination thereof. Caution: Any attempt by a person to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of The Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of The Contest, or in the announcement of the prize. Sponsor shall not be responsible for retaining copies of any Entry. These Contest Rules set forth the entire agreement and understanding between Sponsor and Participant concerning the subject matter hereof and merges and supersedes all prior discussions, agreements, and understandings of any kind between them. Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, at any future time to terminate, modify, or suspend The Contest for any reason, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Participant shall be deemed an independent contractor and nothing contained herein shall constitute this arrangement to be employment, a joint venture, or a partnership. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Contest Rules shall not constitute a waiver of any provision contained herein. If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein. The titles of Sections of these Contest Rules are for convenience only and shall not be given any legal effect. The word “including” is used in these Contest Rules to mean “including but not limited to.”
12. Name of Winner: The Weekly Prize Winner’s name will be made available on the Lulus.com blog, https://www.lulus.com/blog/, on the Tuesday evening immediately following each Weekly Dress post.