Lufthansa – “#sayyestotheworld” Sweepstakes
Terms & Conditions for Lufthansa’s “#SayYesToTheWorld” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”)
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This Sweepstakes is offered only in the continental United States and is open only to legal residents of the U.S. who have reached the age of majority in the State in which they reside (void in Puerto Rico, Florida and where prohibited by law), and are eligible to enter, except employees and residents of their same households (whether related or not) and their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings children and each of their respective spouses) regardless of where they live of: Deutsche Lufthansa AG (“Lufthansa”), and its respective affiliated companies (the “Lufthansa Group”), franchises, promotional agencies, and anyone involved in the promotion, development and handling of this Sweepstakes.
2. In this Sweepstakes, visitors to the #SayYesToTheWorld campaign hub can select a European destination. After choosing the experience, users are required to register for the Sweepstakes in order to be entered. The Sweepstakes will begin at 12:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 17, 2018 and end at 0:00 pm ET on November 30, 2018 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
A total of one (1) prize will be awarded. The prize (“Prize”) consists of two (2) Economy Class roundtrip tickets on a Lufthansa or Lufthansa CityLine operated flight from any US gateway to any European destination served by Lufthansa or Lufthansa CityLine in its network. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is US $4,400.00. A total of one (1) Prize will be awarded.
Prize must be accepted as awarded with no substitution. Prize is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash or credit, in whole or in part.
Tickets are subject to availability at time of booking and all travel must be completed by November 30, 2019. Winner must specify date of travel at time of booking and blackout periods will apply. Prize winner can choose companion for trip when creating travel arrangements. Companion does not have to be the persons invited through the link. Once companion has been submitted along with travel arrangements, the companion may not be changed. Air travel arrangements must be made through Lufthansa only and winner must provide all information a minimum of twenty-one (21) days prior to their preferred departure date. Reservations may only be made within 90 days of departure date. Confirmation of requested travel date will be given 14 days prior to departure and will be subject to availability at time of booking. Once booked, travel arrangements may not be changed. The selected winner and his/her traveling companion must have the same origin and destination and must travel together at all times. Traveling companion must be at least the age of majority. The Ticket Prize winner and his/her traveling companion will be responsible for all expenses not specifically stated as part of the Ticket Prize, including but not limited to, any baggage fees, local transportation including air or ground transportation from the winner’s home to a Lufthansa U.S.A. gateway airport, overnight accommodation prior to or following the travel dates in order to accommodate flight connections, travel expenses within Europe, income taxes, insurance, passport and visa costs, gratuities, all meals, beverages, incidentals and any items of a personal nature. Cancellation insurance is not part of the Ticket Prize, but is recommended (must be arranged privately by winner). In the event of denied boarding, no compensation will be due by Lufthansa for costs directly or indirectly incurred. No mileage credit applicable. Winner is responsible for procuring adequate documentation for European travel. Ticket Prize must be accepted as awarded with no substitution. Ticket Prize is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash or credit, in whole or in part, for any destination.
“Lufthansa’s Conditions of Carriage shall apply to all air transportation.”
3. How to enter: In order to be entered into the drawing, the following steps must be taken: (a) enter the #SayYesToTheWorld campaign hub http://www.sayyestotheworld.com/us/en; (b) select a European destination; (c) register for the Sweepstakes by completing all information field that are required; (d) accept and agree to the terms and conditions; (e) invite a friend to register. Incomplete or inaccurate registration forms are void. No other form of entry will be accepted. Any person who uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times in violation of the preceding entry limitation will be disqualified. Incomplete or inaccurate entries are void. All information provided by the entrant during the registration period becomes the property of Lufthansa.
Limit one (1) entry, per individual, per drawing. No other form of entry will be accepted. Any person who attempts to participate with multiple e-mail addresses, under multiple identities, or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times in violation of the preceding entry limitation will be disqualified. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like (online) entry methods will void all such entries by such methods and result in disqualification of any entrant using such methods.
4. The Prize will be awarded at random after a drawing by an independent party is performed from all eligible entries.
5. The Prize winner will be notified within one month after the end of the Sweepstakes period. The selected entrant will be contacted by e-mail or in person. If the selected winner does not comply with the Terms and Conditions, that entrant forfeits any right to the Prize and a new random winner will be selected. The Prize is not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded. In a dispute, the authorized account holder of email address will be declared the winner of the online Sweepstakes.
6. Lufthansa is not responsible for failure for any reason whatsoever of selected entrant to receive notification. Arrangements for the fulfillment of the Prize will be handled by Lufthansa. Lufthansa reserves the right in their sole discretion to substitute any and all part of the Prize with a Prize of comparable value.
Lufthansa is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer system, property or anything stored on or related thereto as a result of participation in, or connection with, this Sweepstakes. Entrants release Lufthansa from all liability in connection with the Sweepstakes and any Prize won.
7. In order to be eligible to win the Prize, the winner will be required to sign a declaration of compliance with the Sweepstakes Terms and Conditions and one or more releases waiving Lufthansa’s liability with respect to injuries, accidents, loss, or misfortune relating to the drawing and/or the awarding of the Prize. In addition, the winner of the Prize must authorize Lufthansa to announce and publish their names, addresses and photographs (without remuneration) in any publicity.
Failure to comply with all the drawing rules or to sign and return any of the release forms will result in disqualification and another entrant will be drawn from the remaining eligible entries received. A selected entrant will be declared a winner only after meeting all of the above terms and conditions.
8. Lufthansa is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, delay in operation or transmission or unauthorized access to or alterations of entries, or for technical, equipment, network, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunction or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry by Lufthansa, even if it affects ability to enter or entry into this Sweepstakes. Lufthansa is also not responsible for lost, stolen, misdirected, delayed, destroyed or illegible entries. All submissions become the property of Lufthansa and will not be returned.
9. The decisions of Lufthansa for the Sweepstakes will be final and binding on all entrants. By entering, entrants agree that they have read, understood and agree to these Sweepstakes rules and regulations and release Lufthansa from all liability in connection with the Sweepstakes and/or any Prize. Prizes are subject to all applicable Federal, State and Municipal taxes which are the responsibility of the winner.
10. Lufthansa reserves the right to amend or terminate all or any portion of this Sweepstakes at any time without prior notification. Lufthansa reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value in the event of non-availability of the Prize for any reason. Void where prohibited.
11. All federal, state, and local laws/regulations apply. This Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, USA (without regard to principles of conflict of laws), with venue and jurisdiction Nassau County, NY and all claims must be resolved in the courts located in Nassau County, NY, except as required by law.
12. The name of the winner may be obtained by e-mail sent to email@example.com within 120 days after the closing date of the Sweepstakes. Subject line must contain ‘#SayYesToTheWorld”.