Lonely Planet – 2020 Travel Resolutions Competition – Win (1) ‘Venice to Vienna’ tour for two adults
Skip to Content
Terms & Conditions: Travel Resolutions Giveaway
Lonely Planet’s 2020 Travel Resolutions Competition
Here are the terms and conditions which will apply to your entry. Please read them carefully as they contain important information you need to know!
1. Lonely Planet Publications Inc of 124 Linden Street, Oakland, California 94607, United States of America (“Lonely Planet”) is the promoter. Our friends over at Intrepid Travel of Level 7, 567 Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3000, Australia are our promotional partners.
2. You can enter between 12:01 am GMT on January 1, 2020 (“Opening Date”) AND 11:59 pm GMT January 31, 2020 (“Closing Date”).
3. This competition is open globally to people aged 18 or over, except if you (or your immediate family or housemates) are employees or contractors of Lonely Planet, its promotional partners, or subsidiaries or parent or affiliated companies. The laws in some places don’t allow Lonely Planet to run this promotion, so the competition and these terms and conditions are void in those places.
4. Information about the prizes and how to enter form part of these conditions of entry.
5. Any notifications and changes to these terms and conditions will be published on the competition entry page lonelyplanet.com/campaigns/travel-resolutions-competition, so you should check this page regularly.
6. These terms are governed by the laws of the state of Tennessee, USA.
7. This competition is no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. you understand that you are providing your information to Lonely Planet and not to Facebook, and you completely release Facebook from any claims in relation to this competition.
You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations including the Twitter Rules. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible to win. Multiple entries in a single day will not be accepted.
This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Lonely Planet and not to Instagram, and you completely release Instagram from any claims in relation to this competition.
How to enter and prize details:
8. To enter, go to www.lonelyplanet.com/campaigns/travel-resolutions-competition, complete the entry form via the modal by entering your name, email address and country of residence. You don’t have to buy anything to enter. By entering, you agree that all of your entry is your own work.
9. You can only enter once ‑ we’ll make confetti out of any extra entries you submit. Your entry is received at the time Lonely Planet receives it. Incomplete and invalid entries will not be accepted. If your entry gets lost in cyberspace or doesn’t arrive for any other reason, that’s not Lonely Planet’s fault.
One (1) first prize winner will receive:
● (1) ‘Venice to Vienna’ tour for two adults, starting in Venice, Italy and finishing in Vienna, Austria (provided by Intrepid Travel – approximate retail value $5,920 USD).
● (1) Return economy flights for two adults from/to the nearest airport to the winner’s place of residence – outbound to Venice, Italy and returning from Vienna, Austria (provided by Lonely Planet – up to maximum retail value $2,500 USD)
● (1) copy of Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2020 (provided by Lonely Planet – approximate retail value $17.99 USD)
The prize is valid for travel between 1 March 2020 and 1 December 2020. The winner must book their prize no later than 60 days prior to travel and coincide with available tour dates as specified by Intrepid Travel. All travel is subject to availability at all times and may be dependent on the availability of select seat classes or specific room categories at the time of booking. Blackout periods may apply, which will be notified to the winner at the time of booking.
How is the winner chosen?
11. Rather than consulting tea leaves, the winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries.
12. The task of selecting the winner will happen in a small, dark room at Lonely Planet Publications Inc of 124 Linden Street, Oakland, California, 94607, United States of America on Feb 3, 2020. No correspondence will be entered into, even if you think that sucks.
13. We’ll give the winner(s) the good news by email and their name(s) will be published on the Lonely Planet website within 2 days after selection. If you’re riddled with curiosity, send an email to email@example.com (including the name of the promotion) within 3 months of the Closing Date, and we’ll respond and tell you who won.
14. Lonely Planet will do its best to find the winner. But if we can’t, or if the winner hasn’t accepted the prize by 1 April 2020, the next best entry will be declared winner. Where there is a compelling technical or administrative reason out of Lonely Planet’s control, the winner(s) will be selected from all eligible entries at that time.
15. Lonely Planet can cancel or modify the promotion (subject to regulatory approval) if there are compelling technical or administrative reasons which we cannot control. If that happens, Lonely Planet will conduct the draw from all eligible entries received at that time.
If you do win:
16. We may ask you to provide proof of identity, residency and age, so that we are sure you are who you say you are, and are eligible to receive the prize.
17. You can’t exchange the prize for cash, or ask us to give it to someone else (not that you’d want to!). We will use reasonable efforts to award the prize as described but if due to unforeseen circumstances we are unable to do that, we’ll substitute it for another prize of comparable value.
18. You’ll be responsible for all taxes, insurance, any other expenses, fees and costs connected with that prize that are not included in the prize description.
19. If, in order to take the prize, you’re lucky enough to need a valid passport and/or other necessary travel documentation and visas, you’ll need to sort those out for yourself.
20. You are responsible for your use of the prize, including complying with any applicable terms and conditions of use from our promotional partner, located here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/booking-intrepid/booking-conditions. Of course, if you win a prize, you’ll be good and comply with all relevant laws, rules and regulations. Lonely Planet reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who has engaged in unlawful or improper conduct.
21. The nature of the prize may be such that it poses health or safety risks, or risks normally associated with travel to you. You should consider any health, safety and travel risks and take appropriate precautions (including arrange insurances) to guard against those risks. Lonely Planet is not responsible for use of the prize which results in:
a) loss that was not reasonably foreseeable;
b) loss that was not caused by our breach of this deed or by our negligence;
c) business losses (such as lost data, lost profits or business interruptions) or loss suffered by non-consumers;
d) losses caused by factors which could reasonably be considered to be outside our control (such as faults in third party equipment, or delayed or cancelled flights); and
e) any loss caused, or contributed to, by your breach of conditions of entry or your negligence.
What happens to my entry?
22. You give Lonely Planet a worldwide, irrevocable licence to reproduce, publish, adapt, communicate and broadcast all or part of it in any form and media, in relation to the competition. You also consent to us storing, reproducing and communicating your entry in any medium.
23. Lonely Planet and its promotional partners will only use the personal information contained in your entry to conduct the promotion and award the prize (but if you’ve told Lonely Planet that you want to receive stuff from us and/or our promotional partners, we’ll use your personal information for that too). If you win a prize, Lonely Planet can use your name and photograph (if provided) for future marketing purposes, unless you tell us not to.
NSW LTPS-19-34412; ACT TP 19/03266; SA T19/699.
Pictorial & Gifts
Lonely Planet Kids
Talk To Lonely Planet
Art And Culture
Beaches, Coasts And Islands
Food And Drink
Honeymoon And Romance
Travel Gear And Tech
Travel On A Budget
Wildlife And Nature
Get 20% off at our online shop.
Work for Us
Press, trade and advertising
Terms & conditions
© 2020 Lonely Planet. All rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced without our written permission.
To adjust this website to your screen reader, click Alt+1.
10 Seconds until closing
Playing to screen readers