Las Vegas Convention And Visitors Authority – 2020 New Year’s Eve – Win one trip for Grand Prize Winner and one Guest to Las Vegas
2020 NEW YEAR’S EVE SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
ELIGIBILITY: The “2020 New Year’s Eve Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older. Employees, officers, and directors (including immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of the same household, whether or not related) of the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (“LVCVA”) (the “Sponsor”), PCG365, LLC (the “Administrator”) and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes (“Related Entities”) are not eligible to participate or win a Prize (as defined below in Section 5). The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation. You will need to have internet access as of the date of entry to participate in this Sweepstakes.
TIMING: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on December 10, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on December 24, 2020 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By submitting an Entry, you understand that you are submitting your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant waives, discharges and releases Facebook from any and all liability associated with the Sweepstakes. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed to Sponsor and not to Facebook.
Content posted are the views/opinions of the individual entrant and do not reflect the views of Sponsor in any manner. By submitting Content along with an Entry, an entrant grants Sponsor and the Related Entities a worldwide, irrevocable, exclusive, assignable, transferable, unqualified, unrestricted, royalty-free license and right to edit, modify, publish, use, reuse, distribute, display, copy and otherwise exploit the Content or any part thereof (with or without the entrant’s name), and any materials based thereon or derived from, in any manner and in any media (whether now known or later developed), for any lawful purposes whatsoever (noncommercial or commercial), including, without limitation, for use in the commercial packaging and point-of-sale materials, or for promotion, marketing or advertising of Sponsor, or any Related Entity, each of their respective brands and/or products in any medium (whether now or hereafter known) throughout the world in perpetuity without further permission, notification, consideration, or payment to the entrant, except where prohibited by law. In addition, each entrant forever waives in favor of Sponsor all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that may preclude the use of the Content (or any part thereof) as granted herein or require entrant’s permission to use the Content (or any part thereof) for the purposes stated herein. By submitting your Content, you warrant and represent that your Content is original and was created solely by you, that the Content does not incorporate any material owned by any third party, and that use of the Content as described herein will not violate any law or infringe upon the rights of any third party.
RANDOM DRAWING/ODDS OF WINNING: Two (2) Potential Grand Prize Winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received on or about January 15, 2021. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received. The random drawing will be conducted by the Administrator, an independent judging organization. Sweepstakes entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes. Entries are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules. The Grand Prizes may not be awarded in the event an insufficient number of eligible Entries are received.
TWO (2) GRAND PRIZES: Two (2) winners will each receive one (1) trip for Grand Prize Winner and one (1) Guest to Las Vegas, Nevada consisting of: (i) round-trip, economy class air transportation from major commercial airport nearest Grand Prize Winner’s residence and McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas, Nevada; and (ii) hotel accommodations for two (2) nights (one (1) double occupancy room, room and tax only) at a hotel designated by Sponsor (i and ii, collectively, “Grand Prize”). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize: up to $2,500. Total ARV of all prizes: up to $5,000. Each Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for any and all expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the Grand Prize trip description herein, including but not limited to, all ground transportation between Winner’s residence and airport of departure and while traveling in Las Vegas, Nevada, in-room hotel charges (e.g., mini-bar, room service, telephone, movies, etc.), meals, beverages, gratuities, gasoline, parking, tolls, souvenirs, insurance, travel upgrades, baggage fees and personal incidentals. Each Grand Prize Winner will be required to provide a valid credit card at the time of hotel check-in and will be solely responsible for any and all charges to Grand Prize Winner’s hotel room during his/her Grand Prize Trip. Selection of airline, departure airport and hotel is solely within Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each Grand Prize Winner must reserve the trip by June 30, 2021 or winner forfeits the Grand Prize. Each Grand Prize Winner and Guest must complete their trip by December 31, 2021 or winner forfeits the Grand Prize. Each Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guest may be required, and grant permission, to the Sponsor to be videotaped during the Grand Prize Trip. Each Grand Prize Winner is responsible for any air travel taxes and/or expenses, including applicable departure taxes or fees, and security charges. Once issued, airline tickets are nontransferable and may not be reissued once travel has commenced. Open tickets may not be issued and stopovers are not permitted. In the event a Grand Prize Winner resides within one hundred (100) miles from the Las Vegas, Nevada, Sponsor will provide round-trip ground transportation between Grand Prize Winner’s residence and Las Vegas, Nevada at the sole discretion of the Sponsor and the difference in value between the round-trip air transportation and the round-trip ground transportation will not be provided to the Grand Prize Winner. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor and travel dates and arrangements are subject to air travel, holiday, blackout dates, availability and other prize and travel restrictions. All Grand Prize elements must be redeemed at the same time. Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guest(s) must travel on the same itinerary. Grand Prize Winners’ Guest must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Travel is subject to terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and those set forth by selected travel providers, availability may vary, and material restrictions may apply. Each Grand Prize Winner and Guest will be solely responsible for obtaining a valid U.S. Government issued identification prior to travel and any associated costs for these requirements. Sponsor and Travel Providers shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers, such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Sponsor and Travel Providers shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage or other items. If a Grand Prize Winner is unable to or cannot otherwise fully enjoy the prize due to any reason, Sponsor shall have the option at its sole discretion of being relieved of liability for fulfillment of that Grand Prize award, and no other compensation in lieu of that Grand Prize will be awarded. Each Grand Prize Winner and Guest are responsible for obtaining their own medical and life insurance and the associated costs. All travel is subject to any and all restrictions instituted by the Department of Defense and/or Department of Homeland Security, as required. Any difference between the stated ARV and actual ARV of a Grand Prize will not be awarded. Each Grand Prize Winner acknowledges that Released Parties (as defined below) have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize (if any) are subject to the respective manufacturers’ terms therefore, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee. No substitution, assignment, redemption for cash, or transfer of any prize permitted. If the advertised prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the Sponsor’s control including but not limited to, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, strikes, governmental action, pandemics, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism, the Sponsor will not provide a cash substitution and Sponsor reserves the right to extend travel dates at its sole discretion. GRAND PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. By accepting a Grand Prize, Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guest agree that Grand Prize Winner and Guest will act in a manner that is safe and respectful of Sponsor and Related Entities. If a Grand Prize Winner and/or his/her Guest should appear to be inebriated, impaired or acting inappropriately, if a Grand Prize Winner and/or his/her Guest speaks profanity or shows any lewd or sexually suggestive gesture or full or partial nudity, or if a Grand Prize Winner and/or his/her Guest becomes involved in any situation or occurrence which could reflect unfavorably upon any other individual or that creates the potential for death, disability, injury and/or property damage, the Sponsor, the Related Entities and travel personnel shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to remove both the Grand Prize Winner and Guest from the premises and the remainder of the Prize may be forfeited without any further compensation.
6.GRAND PRIZE NOTIFICATION: Potential Grand Prize Winners will be notified via the email address submitted at the time of entry. Each Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and unless prohibited by law, a Publicity Release, within five (5) days from the date of issuance (the “Prize Notification”). In the event that a potential Grand Prize Winner does not respond to any such Prize Notification within five (5) days from the date of issuance or declines the Grand Prize for any reason, a disqualification will result, and that Grand Prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner will be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible Entries.
7. WAIVER OF LIABILITY/PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes and submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to (i) be bound by these Official Rules, including all entry requirements, and (ii) waive any and all claims against the Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers, representatives and advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, “Released Parties”) for any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in the Sweepstakes or from the receipt or use of the Grand Prize (or any portion thereof) or any travel or activity related to the receipt or use of the Grand Prize (or any portion thereof). By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant gives his/her express permission to be contacted by the Sponsor, and/or Administrator by telephone, e-mail and/or postal mail for Sweepstakes purposes. Each Grand Prize Winner, by acceptance of a Grand Prize, grants to Sponsor, and each of their respective designees the right to publicize such Grand Prize Winner’s name, address (city and state of residence), photograph, voice, statements and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, promotional, trade and/or any other purpose in any media or format now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without limitation and without further compensation, consideration, permission or notification, unless prohibited by law.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Released Parties are not responsible for stolen, late, incomplete, incorrect, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, scrambled, damaged, delayed, misaddressed, undelivered, mutilated or garbled entries, transmissions, e-mail or mail; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), wireless network, website, or other connections including those through and/or by any website, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cable or wireless transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, processing, or communication; non-delivery; misdirected, blocked, or delayed e-mail notifications; printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules, in any Sweepstakes-related advertisements or other materials; or any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, computer, telephone, mail, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the Grand Prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or website or attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception or other unfair playing practices, or intend to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or any representative of Sponsor are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Sweepstakes is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Sponsor, and/or their respective agents. Sponsor shall have the sole right to disqualify any entrant for violation of these Official Rules or any applicable laws relating to the Sweepstakes, and to resolve all disputes in its sole discretion. Released Parties (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the Grand Prize (or any portion thereof), and (ii) disclaim any implied warranty. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof). The Sponsor shall not be responsible if the Sweepstakes cannot be implemented or does not take place for any reason including delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, strikes, governmental action, pandemics, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism, including without limitation, or for any reason outside of the Sponsor’s control. In the event of a cancellation, Sponsor may elect to identify the Grand Prize Winners and award the Grand Prizes by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation. Sponsor also reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH ENTRANT, AND SPONSORAND/OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
In the event of dispute as to the identity or eligibility of any potential Grand Prize Winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry provided he/she is eligible according to these Official Rules. The “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the applicable Internet service provider or other organization (such as a business or educational institution) has assigned the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
9. BINDING ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply Nevada law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT’S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
10. GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION: The Official Rules and the Sweepstakes are governed by US law and are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Sweepstakes Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Nevada, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in “Binding Arbitration” Section of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of Nevada, in the City of Las Vegas.
12. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a list of Grand Prize Winners (available after February 15, 2021) or a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to be received by March 31, 2021 to: 2020 New Year’s Eve Sweepstakes I, c/o PCG365, LLC, P.O. Box 1008, Manhasset, NY 11030. Vermont residents do not need to affix return postage. Please identify on the outer envelope if you are requesting the “Official Rules” or the “Winners List”.
13. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, 3150 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89109.