Land Rover – Ski & Snowboard Play Harder Sweepstakes
Sweepstakes Official Rules
Brought to you by Land Rover North America
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Land Rover U.S. Ski & Snowboard “Play Harder” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (“D.C.”), 21 years and older with a U.S. driver’s license. Employees of Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC (“Sponsor”), United States Ski Association d/b/a U.S. Ski & Snowboard, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, dealerships, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, and their immediate family members (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Official Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Sponsor, as final and binding as it relates to the Sweepstakes.
3. Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting at 12:01AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 26, 2021 and ending at 11:59PM ET on July 31, 2021 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
4. How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter:
(i) Email Invitation Method: Follow the directions provided in the Sweepstakes email invitation to complete and submit the entry form. The entry form can only be accessed using the link provided in the Sweepstakes email invitation.
(ii) Social Media Method: During the Sweepstakes Period, U.S. Ski & Snowboard will publish posts on Instagram (@usskiteam, @usfreeskiteam and @ussnowboardteam), Facebook (@usskiandsnowboard) and Twitter (@usskiteam) which invite entries into the Sweepstakes (each an “Invitation Post”). Follow the directions provided in the Invitation Post to complete and submit the entry form. The entry form can only be accessed using the link provided in the Invitation Post.
Regardless of the entry method used to enter the Sweepstakes, entries must be received by 11:59PM ET on July 31, 2021 to be eligible. You may enter only once per method and you must fill in the information requested on the entry form. Multiple entries from any person will be void. By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from Sponsor. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your entry may be void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or which subvert the entry process will be void. All entries become the property of Sponsor.
5. Prize: The Land Rover U.S. Ski & Snowboard “Play Harder” Sweepstakes prize consists of (together, the “Prize”):
• One (1) twelve (12) month lease (up to 15,000 miles) of a 2021 Land Rover Defender 110 SE vehicle with a ski roof box accessory (the “Prize Vehicle”); approximate retail value of Prize Vehicle is $8,420.00 (“ARV”);
• $750.00 worth of ski lift vouchers for ski resorts within the U.S.;
• Two (2) Spyder U.S. Ski & Snowboard and Land Rover branded jackets;
• Two (2) Spyder U.S. Ski & Snowboard branded hats;
• Two (2) U.S. Ski & Snowboard branded Hydro Flask® water bottles; and
• Up to $3,745.00 cash (awarded in the form of check) intended to be used towards taxes.
Total Retail Value (“TRV”) of the Land Rover U.S. Ski & Snowboard “Play Harder” Sweepstakes prize package is $14,445.00. Winner is required to pick up the Prize Vehicle at an authorized Land Rover retailer nearest the winner’s home address (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). If the winner adds options and/or accessories that increases the vehicle price above the ARV, the winner is obligated to pay the difference.
Winner is responsible for presenting a valid U.S. driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance, proof of vehicle registration and paying all sales taxes and other transaction fees or costs imposed on transfer of the vehicle prior to delivery, including registration, title, license, and dealer fees, shipping and handling charges, insurance and any other costs and expenses not specified herein as being awarded. Except as specified herein as being awarded, winner is solely responsible for all travel transportation costs for collecting the Prize Vehicle, as well as any dealer prep, emissions inspection, gasoline, vehicle maintenance, and any other costs incurred in claiming, registering, or using the Prize Vehicle including, without limitation, any costs incurred in bringing the vehicle from the delivery site to the winner’s home or bringing the vehicle back to the authorized Land Rover retailer at lease end. Winner is not eligible for any cash back or rebate which may be available on the vehicle at time of delivery. Sponsor will determine all features of Prize Vehicle, including, but not limited to, color of exterior and interior, and all other features or upgrades. Sponsor shall not be responsible for delays in delivery of Prize Vehicle, and delivery is subject to availability. Prize Vehicle will be awarded with the standard manufacturer’s new vehicle limited warranty. The Prize is nontransferable and cannot be substituted or redeemed for cash by the winner.
Vehicle pictured in any advertising surrounding the Sweepstakes may not be the actual vehicle awarded and is for representation purposes only. Prize does not include accommodations or transportation to/from winner’s home and any ski areas. Prize value is approximate. Any difference between the approximate retail value and the actual cost of the Prize will not be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) for one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per person.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Potential winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about August 10, 2021 from among all eligible entries received. Drawing will be conducted under the supervision of the Sponsor. Potential winner will be notified via email to the email address they provided on the entry form and shall be required to provide a photo I.D. and execute and return (i) a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited), and (ii) a Form W9, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification, within seven (7) calendar days of date of initial notification. Sponsor shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winner’s spam, junk email or other security settings or for winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the Prize within seven (7) calendar days from the date of initial notification, or fails to timely return all required documentation, the Prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected, time permitting. Winner may receive an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099-MISC for the actual value of the Prize from the Sponsor at the end of the calendar year in which the prize is awarded, and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
The receipt by a winner of a prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Publicity Grant: By accepting a prize, winner grants to Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor, or its licensees, successors and assigns, the right to use winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information, in any manner, in any and all media now known or hereafter, worldwide in perpetuity, as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes, without any further permission from, or notification or compensation to, winner, except where prohibited by law.
9. General Terms: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor may select the winner from all non-suspect, eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Official Rules and void all associated entries.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorneys’ fees) and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, United States Ski Association d/b/a U.S. Ski & Snowboard, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, dealerships, suppliers and advertising and promotion agencies as well as all of their respective partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) late, lost, stolen, garbled, misdirected, undelivered or inaccurate entries, email or mail; or (vi) other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with any Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related material.
11. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF United States of America AND New Jersey, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New Jersey having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winners list (available after September 30, 2021), mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 2021 Land Rover U.S. Ski & Snowboard “Play Harder” Sweepstakes Winners List c/o Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC, 100 Jaguar Land Rover Way, Mahwah, New Jersey, 07495-1100. Requests must be received no later than October 31, 2021.
14. Sponsor: Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC, 100 Jaguar Land Rover Way, Mahwah, NJ 07495-1100.