JCPENNEY – HOME SERVICES – Win (10) winners will each be awarded one $500.00 JCPenney gift card which may be used at a JCPenney Store or at jcpcom
JCPENNEY HOME SERVICES SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF 48 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, (EXCLUDES ALASKA, HAWAII) WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
This JCPenney Home Services Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by JCPenney Services, LLC (“Sponsor”), 6501 Legacy Dr. Plano, TX 75024.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on February 1, 2018 and ends on February 28, 2018 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is offered only to legal residents of 48 United States and the District of Columbia (excludes Alaska and Hawaii) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers, or directors of the Sponsor, and its parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates (“Sweepstakes Entities”) and their immediate family members (i.e., spouse, parent, child, sibling and the “steps” of each) and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter or win. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, all other United States Territories and Possessions, and overseas military installations and where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, and local laws apply. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE AND WIN A PRIZE: During the Sweepstakes Period, go to www.jcpenneyhomeservices.com and click on sweepstakes button. Complete the entry form with your full name, home address, valid email address and telephone number.
MAIL IN ENTRY: Print your full name, home address, valid email address and telephone number in legible handwriting on a 3” x 5” card and mail your entry in an envelope with First Class Postage to: JCPenney Home Services Sweepstakes, 67 Merchants Row, Suite 201, Rutland, VT 05701.
Entries must be postmarked by February 26, 2018 and received by March 2, 2018. All late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, stolen or destroyed entries are void and invalid.
THERE IS A LIMIT OF ONE (1) ENTRY PER HOUSEHOLD. Any attempt to submit more than ONE (1) entry by online entry or by mail will result in disqualification and voiding of all entries.
4. PRIZE DRAWING, PRIZE, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”) PRIZE CONDITIONS AND ODDS OF WINNING:
A. Prize Drawing: Winners will be selected on or about March 8, 2018 in a random drawing from all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by Installation Made Easy (the “Administrator”) General Manager or designee and witness. The decisions and interpretations on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes and these Official Rules (along with those of Sponsor) are final and binding in all respects. Limit of one (1) prize per household. Potential winners will be notified via email or physical mail or phone on or after March 9, 2018. In order to accept Prize, potential winners must complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and a publicity release (where legal) within indicated time period. Prize potential winners must also be in good standing in the community. A criminal background check will be conducted. With respect to all prizes, Sponsor and Administrator shall have no liability for any notification of any winner that is lost, intercepted or not received by potential winners for any reason. If, any potential prize winner cannot be contacted for any reason, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining eligible entries received. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winners will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected.
B. Prize: Ten (10) winners will each be awarded one (1) $500.00 JCPenney gift card which may be used at a JCPenney Store or at jcp.com. Approximate Retail Value of each Prize: $500.00. The Total Retail Value of all 10 Prizes is $5000.
C. Prize Conditions: Limit one (1) prize per household. The right to receive a Prize is non-assignable, non-transferable and no prize substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed, except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. Each JCPenney gift card is subject to the terms and conditions on and in connection with the gift card. Winners must protect the JCPenney gift card and treat the JCPenney gift card as they would any other valuable document. The JCPenney gift card will not be redeemed or exchanged for cash, except where required by law. The JCPenney gift card will not be replaced if lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed or used without winner’s permission and will be voided if altered or defaced.
D. Odds of Winning: Odds of winning prize are subject to the total number of eligible entries received by the deadline date
5. HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE: Each potential winner is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. If potential winner is found ineligible or does not comply with these Official Rules, that potential winner may, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified, and the Prize he/she may have been entitled to will be made available to an alternative winner. The Prize will be awarded to the verified winners at the JCPenney store location nearest to each winner. If no JCPenney store is within a reasonable distance (60 miles), the Sponsor may elect to mail the award to the winner. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of winners. Winners is solely responsible for all other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein. Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding Prizes for any reason.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that the Sponsor, is not responsible for any technical, mechanical, printing or typographical or other error; or unauthorized human intervention; or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information; or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. The Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any tampering or by any of the equipment associated with the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, deletion, defect, delay in operation, theft or destruction.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and by the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be binding and final; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his or her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes; and (iv) to forever and irrevocably agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Sweepstakes, (b) the violation of any third-party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights, (c) typographical errors in these Official Rules or any Sweepstakes materials, (d) acceptance, receipt, participation in, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of a Prize, (e) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation or modification of the Sweepstakes, (f) human error, (g) any omissions, interruptions, defects, and/or any other errors , (h) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Sponsor, or (i) the negligence or willful misconduct by entrant.
7. DISPUTES: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN COLLIN COUNTY, TEXAS. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“AAA RULES”). THE AAA RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN TEXAS. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN COLLIN COUNTY, TEXAS. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY ENTRANT AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE TIME THE CAUSE OF ACTION OCCURRED, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
9. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a Prize, Entrant agrees to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right to use his/her name, biographical information, photos and/or likeness, voice recording, video images and all related footage, and statements for Sweepstakes, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered including live television, worldwide, including but not limited to on television, radio, the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
10. WINNERS LIST: To obtain a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped business-sized envelope to: JCPenney Home Services Sweepstakes – Winners List, 67 Merchants Row, Suite 201, Rutland, VT 05701. Requests must be received by April 9, 2018.
11. SPONSOR: JCPenney Home Services, LLC, 6501 Legacy Dr. Plano, TX 75024.