James Allen – On-Site Challenge Ring Giveaway – Win a credit worth of up to US$10000 for buying items offered on the JamesAllen Website
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES FOR THE JAMES ALLEN ON-SITE CHALLENGE RING GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN
1. ELIGIBILITY: OPEN TO INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE AT LEAST THE AGE OF 18 AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY AND ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC).
Employees or agents of the Sponsor (as defined below) and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising/promotional agencies, providers, suppliers as well as their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings and children) or those persons living in the same household of such individuals, are ineligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes are subject to all applicable federal, state, city, county, and local laws and regulations.
2. SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by R2Net Inc.,
DBA James Allen, a Delaware company with its principal business address at
551 Fifth Ave, Suite 601, New York, NY10176 (the “Sponsor
3. THE SWEEPSTAKES’ LOCATION: The Sweepstakes will take
place through an online entry at the Sponsor’s website,www.jamesallen.com (the ” JamesAllen Website”).
4. HOW TO ENTER: In order to enter, entrants must complete
the ‘Engagement Ring Giveaway’ James Allen ring challenge (the “Entry
“). The Entry requires entrants to follow the specific clues at the
JamesAllen Website, which will appear via ‘pop-ups’, guiding the entrants
as to how to design a ring on the JamesAllen Website. The entrants will
need to complete all of the clues and design a ring in order to complete
Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or comparable entry methods will
void all such entries by such methods.
5. THE ENTRY PERIOD: The Entry period for the Sweepstakes begins on August 25th,
2020, 12:00 AM US Eastern Standard Time (EST) and ends on September
16th, 2020 11:59 PM EST (the “Entry Period”). 6. ENTRANTS BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES: Your Entry into the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. If you are named the winner, delivery of the prize set forth in Section 11 (“Prize”) is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
7. PRIZE WINNER SELECTION: The winner will be the person whose Entry is randomly selected via an automated process, from all eligible Entries received, to be held after the end of the Entry Period. All decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding. THE POTENTIAL WINNER WILL NOT RECEIVE THE PRIZE UNTIL HIS/HER ELIGIBILITY AND IDENTITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED.
THE WINNER WILL BE SELECTED AND NOTIFIED SEPTEMBER 30th, 2020 AT 11:59 PM EST, VIA THE E-MAIL ADDRESS SUBMITTED BY THE ENTRANT. IN ADDITION, THE SPONSOR WILL SELECT TWO ALTERNATE WINNERS, WHO WILL BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN IF THE INITIAL POTENTIAL WINNER IS NOT ELIGIBLE.
BY SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY YOU HEREBY AGREE AND ACCEPT THE ABOVE.
8. VERIFICATION OF THE POTENTIAL WINNER: Except where
prohibited, the potential winner may be required to sign and deliver to the
Sponsor, at the following email: email@example.com or by fax:
646-274-9603 within 7 days of the date notice is given via email to the
potential winner (or sent to the potential winner at the email address or
postal address given by the potential winner to the Sponsor), the affidavit
of eligibility, proof of age at time of entry, and a liability/publicity
release in order to claim the Prize. If the potential winner cannot be
contacted, or fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and
liability/publicity release within the required time period, that potential
winner forfeits the Prize and an alternate winner will be chosen as
FOR CANADIAN RESIDENTS ONLY:
BEFORE BEING DECLARED THE CONFIRMED PRIZE WINNER, each potential Prize winner will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid; and (b) sign and return within three (3) business days of notification the declaration and release form provided by the Administrator (the “Declaration and Release Form”), which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the applicable Prize (as awarded); (iii) releases the Released Parties from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the applicable Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, city and province of residence, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. If a potential Prize winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents, including for greater clarity, the Declaration and Release Form, within the specified time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the applicable Prize (as awarded) for any reason; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the applicable Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to select the eligible entrant with the next highest Score from among the remaining eligible Entries submitted and received during the applicable Entry Period (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected eligible entrant).
9. ALTERNATE WINNER: If the winner is found to be
ineligible, the first potential alternate winner identified above in
Section 7 will be selected in accordance with the terms specified under the
“Prize Winner Selection” provision set forth above. The first
potential alternate winner will not receive the Prize until her/her
eligibility and identity has been verified. If the first potential
alternate winner is not eligible, then the process will be repeated with
the second alternate winner. If none of the initial winner, first alternate
winner or second alternate winner are eligible, then the Sponsor will not
give away the Prize.
10. RESTRICTIONS: All Entries must be received during the
Entry Period. EACH PERSON CAN ONLY SUBMIT ONE
ENTRY. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in your
disqualification from the Sweepstakes at the sole discretion of the
11. CONSUMER DISCLOSURE.
: The following prize will be awarded:
Number of Winners
Description of Prize:
Winner will receive a credit worth of up to US$10,000 for buying items
offered on the JamesAllen Website.
Winner must use the above credit within 2 years of date of the Winner’s
verification (as set forth in Sections 8 and 9) or the Winner shall forfeit
In addition, PLEASE NOTE THAT SHOULD THE WINNER PURCHASE JAMESALLEN
PRODUCTS FOR LESS THAN THE ABOVEMENTIONED US$10,000 RETAIL VALUE, THEN THE
WINNER WILL FORFEIT THE REMAINDER OF THE US$10,000 BALANCE AND CANNOT
RECEIVE THIS REMAINDER IN CASH.
For example, if the winner chooses to use the Prize to purchase a US$7,000 ring, then said winner forfeits the remainder US$3,000 in retail value on the James Allen Website and cannot use this US$3,000 remainder in the future (nor receive it in cash).
Similarly, PLEASE NOTE THAT SHOULD THE WINNER PURCHASE JAMES ALLEN PRODUCTS FOR MORE THAN THE ABOVEMENTIONED US$10,000 RETAIL VALUE, THEN THE WINNER SHALL BE REQUIRED TO PAY SUCH ADDITIONAL AMOUNT.
For example, if the winner chooses to use the Prize to purchase a US$13,000 ring, then said winner shall be required pay the remainder US$3,000 in retail value and will not be eligible to receive the Prize until such payment has been completed.
ODDS OF WINNING
: BBecause this is a sweepstakes involving the random selection among Entries, your odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
: The winner is solely responsible for all taxes and fees associated with Prize receipt and/or use. No alternative prize, cash or other substitution, sale, auction, donation, assignment or transfer of the Prize is permitted, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of comparable or greater value that will become effective upon announcement.
12. RELEASE: To the fullest extent permitted by law, in
exchange for the opportunity to enter and participate in the Sweepstakes
and win the Prize, you, for yourself, your heirs, next of kin,
administrators and executors, forever waive, release and hold harmless (” Release”) any and all rights, claims, damages, liabilities, costs,
attorneys’ fees, expenses, and causes of action whatsoever (“Claims
“) that you may have against the Sponsor and its affiliates, and their
respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the ” Released Parties”). This Release covers, without limitation, any
claims arising directly or indirectly out of your entry into and
participation in the Sweepstakes, your status as an entrant, finalist
and/or a potential and/or actual winner, including, without limitation,
claims regarding forfeit of prizes not used by the winner as stated in
Section 11 above, claims based on personal injury, death, property damage,
libel, slander, defamation, invasion of privacy/publicity, portrayal in a
false light and any claim relating to the Sponsor’s exercise of the
publicity rights you have granted to the Sponsor hereunder. Further, you
hereby release the Released Parties from any third party intellectual
property claims arising from or in connection with your entry. This release
survives the expiration of the Sweepstakes.
13. INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to release, defend (or, at
Sponsor’s discretion, to pay for Sponsor’s defense), indemnify and hold
Sponsor harmless from any Claims in connection with the Sweepstakes, or
resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of the Prize, including
without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage, and Claims
based upon intellectual property infringement, publicity rights,
defamation, or invasion of privacy as well as Claims arising out of your
breach of these Official Rules.
14. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by applicable law,
participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes your consent to the Sponsor’s
use of your name, photograph, and story for promotional purposes in
perpetuity in any media, worldwide, without further payment of
consideration to you and without obtaining any prior approvals.
15. COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: The
Sponsor will collect personal information from you and the other entrants
(including, for example, your email) that will be used by the Sponsor in
connection with the conduct of the Sweepstakes including (but not limited
to) notifying you and the other entrants if you are chosen as a finalist,
as well as use for the Sponsor’s business, such as providing you with
future offers of products or services which may be of interest to you. The
16. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, postpone, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be: (a) providing false information; (b) tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes; (c) in violation of these Official Rules; or (d) acting in a fraudulent or deceptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Sponsor is not responsible for (i) lost/delayed Entries; (ii) email failures; (iii) any printing errors; or (iv) any typographical errors.
17. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by you, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning or unavailability of any computer, cable, network, hardware, software, Internet service or website; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to your computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt, redemption or use of the Prize.
YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. EXCEPT FOR THE REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES ESTABLISHED BY APPLICABLE LAW AS REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE WAIVED OR LIMITED BY CONTRACT, SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PRIZE, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SPONSOR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT DAMAGES AND/OR EXPENSES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES AND/OR YOUR USE OF THE PRIZE, OR FROM ACTS OF MISCONDUCT OF OTHER PARTICIPANTS OR THIRD PARTIES.
Unless prohibited by law, Sponsor liability shall be limited to One U.S. dollar (US$1.00).
18. DISPUTES: These Official Rules are governed by and construed under the laws of the State of New York, excluding its conflicts of law rules. Except where prohibited, you agree that: any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded, other than the administration of the Sweepstakes or the determination of winners, shall be resolved individually and exclusively, without resort to any form of class action, by arbitration conducted in New York, NY, by a sole arbitrator (“Arbitrator”) in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”). The Arbitrator shall be appointed by agreement of the parties; if the parties fail to agree upon the Arbitrator within thirty (30) days of notice of arbitration provided by either party, the AAA shall appoint the Arbitrator. The Arbitrator shall be bound by the provisions of these Official Rules and shall be made aware of the terms hereof prior to his or her appointment. Upon rendering a decision, the Arbitrator shall state in writing the basis for the decision. The Arbitrator’s decision shall be final and binding upon the parties, provided however that a party may petition a court of competent jurisdiction to vacate the Arbitrator’s award or decision on the grounds of the Arbitrator’s failure to abide by the provisions of these Official Rules. Judgment on the award or any other final or interim decision rendered by the Arbitrator may be entered, registered or filed for enforcement in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
19. SEVERABILITY: If any provision of these Official Rules
is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, then such invalidity or
unenforceability shall not have any effect on any other provision of these
Official Rules, all of which shall remain in full force and effect.
20. WINNER: To receive the name of the Winner or a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by December 31, 2020 to James Allen Inc., Attn: Sweepstakes Winner; 551 5th Avenue Suite 601, New York NY 10176.
No purchase necessary. Contest runs August 25/2020 at 12:00 am ET to September 16/2020 at 11:59 pm ET. Open to residents of the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 years or older. 1 prize available, consisting of a US$10,000 credit towards a purchase of an engagement ring on the James Allen Website. Mathematical skill-testing question required. Odds of winning depend on number of valid entries received. Full rules, including entry details at