Investigation Discovery – Get to Know Joe Kenda – Win a grand prize of a trip for 2 or Weekly prizes
The following promotion is intended for the contiguous 48 United States and D.C. only and will be construed and evaluated according to United States laws. Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal resident of the contiguous 48 United States or D.C., 21 years or older.
GET TO KNOW JOE SWEEPSTAKES
OFFICIAL RULES – NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE CONTIGUOUS 48 UNITED STATES AND D.C., 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. How to Enter: The Get to Know Joe Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) begins at 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 29, 2018 and ends at 9:00 p.m. ET on February 11, 2019 (the “Promotion Period”). However, the Promotion Period consists of eighteen (18) separate and individual Entry Periods (each an “Entry Period” and collectively the “Entry Periods”) and a Grand Prize drawing. All entries must be received by the end time and date (detailed below) of each respective Entry Period to be eligible for the corresponding drawing; however, all entries received during any Entry Period will be entered into the Grand Prize drawing.
At the beginning of each Entry Period, eligible entrants must tune in to Investigation Discovery and take note of the code word (“Code Word”) that will appear on the screen at various times during the 9:00 p.m. ET to 10:00 p.m. ET hour on the first day of each Entry Period, (during shows (via snipes) and during commercial breaks). Then, during such applicable Entry Period, visit the Investigation Discovery website (www.investigationdiscovery.com/kenda) (the “Website”) and follow the instructions to complete all required information on the registration form, provide the correct Code Word for the applicable Entry Period, and submit the online entry form. Incomplete entries will not be eligible, but entries featuring an incorrect Code Word will still be accepted. All entries must be received during an Entry Period to be eligible for the applicable weekly drawing and the Grand Prize drawing.
10:00 p.m. ET on 8/29/18
9:59:59 p.m. ET on 9/2/18
10:00 p.m. ET on 9/5/18
9:59:59 p.m. ET on 9/9/18
10:00 p.m. ET on 9/12/18
9:59:59 p.m. ET on 9/16/18
10:00 p.m. ET on 9/19/18
9:59:59 p.m. ET on 9/23/18
10:00 p.m. ET on 9/26/18
9:59:59 p.m. ET on 9/30/18
10:00 p.m. ET on 10/3/18
9:59:59 p.m. ET on 10/7/18
10:00 p.m. ET on 10/10/18
9:59:59 p.m. ET on 10/14/18
10:00 p.m. ET on 10/17/18
8:59:59 p.m. ET on 10/21/18
9:00 p.m. ET on 10/24/18
8:59:59 p.m. ET on 10/28/18
9:00 p.m. ET on 11/7/18
8:59:59 p.m. ET on 11/11/18
9:00 p.m. ET on 11/14/18
8:59:59 p.m. ET on 11/18/18
9:00 p.m. ET on 11/25/18
8:59:59 p.m. ET on 12/2/18
9:00 p.m. ET on 1/2/19
8:59:59 p.m. ET on 1/6/19
9:00 p.m. ET on 1/9/19
8:59:59 p.m. ET on 1/13/19
8:00 p.m. ET on 1/16/19
8:59:59 p.m. ET on 1/20/19
9:00 p.m. ET on 1/23/19
8:59:59 p.m. ET on 1/27/19
9:00 p.m. ET on 1/30/19
8:59:59 p.m. ET on 2/3/19
Grand Prize Drawing
9:00 p.m. ET on 2/6/19
8:59:59 p.m. ET on 2/10/19
ALL DATES SET FORTH IN THE CHART ABOVE AND ELSEWHERE IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE SUBJECT TO EXTENSION IN SPONSOR’S SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION.
Limit of one (1) entry per eligible person, per Entry Period, during the Promotion Period. If multiple entries are received during the same Entry Period, only the first entry will be accepted and additional entries will be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by you to obtain more than one (1) entry per Entry Period by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods may void your entries and you may be disqualified from the Promotion. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) will void all entries by you. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holders.
Note: In order to access the Website and in an effort to optimize the Website’s user experience, ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled.
2. Eligibility: This Promotion is open only to legal residents of the contiguous 48 United States and D.C. who are 21 years of age or older as of the Promotion start date. Void in Alaska, Hawaii and where prohibited. Employees and members of their households and immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses) of the Promotion Entities (as defined below) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their advertising and promotion agencies and all local sponsors are not eligible.
4. Limitations of Liability: Discovery, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and any other participating entities (collectively with Sponsor, the “Promotion Entities”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to your or any other computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; inability to access the Website; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; printing or human or other errors; and any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, or any combination thereof. Online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. By entering, you agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Promotion Entitiesand their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, their respective representatives and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, promotion partners and prize suppliers, and all of their respective affiliated companies, employees, officers, directors and shareholders, from and against all claims and damages or liability arising in connection with your participation and/or entry in the Promotion and/or your receipt or use of any prize awarded in this Promotion or due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity or participation in this Promotion. Except where prohibited by law, the winner’s entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Promotion Entities to use said winner’s names, photographs, likenesses, statements, biographical information, voices, and city and state addresses on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation. If by reason of a printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. You further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
5. How Winners will be Determined: One (1) Weekly Prize Winner (each a “Weekly Prize Winner”) will be determined each week from the eligible entries submitted during each of the seventeen (17) Entry Periods. Weekly Prize Winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about the dates shown in the table above. Non-winning entries will NOT be carried over into subsequent Entry Periods, if any; however, all entries received during any Entry Period will be entered into the Grand Prize drawing. One (1) Grand Prize Winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period on approximately February 11, 2019. Sponsor’s decisions with respect to winners, these Official Rules, and all other matters pertaining to the Promotion shall be final and binding. Limit of one (1) Weekly Prize per person during the Promotion Period.
A prospective Weekly Prize Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability and publicity (where permitted), and return same, properly executed, within five (5) days of issuance of prize notification. If Sponsor is unable to contact the prospective winner within three (3) days from first notification attempt, if the prospective winner fails to complete and return all requested forms by the specified date, or if the prospective winner fails to comply with any of the requirements, his/her prize will be forfeited and an alternate prospective winner shall be selected. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received for the applicable drawing.
The potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified by telephone at the telephone number provided in the entry submission, between the hours of 11:00 AM ET and 5:00 PM ET on the day of the Grand Prize drawing. The potential Grand Prize Winner must be reached by phone when called, and must verbally confirm his/her eligibility and acceptance of the prize. No telephone messages will be left for potential Grand Prize Winner, and the potential Grand Prize Winner will only be telephoned one time for attempted prize notification. Notification attempts not satisfactorily completed within 3 minutes may be deemed as unsuccessful, and an alternate winner will be selected. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within time period specified in notification letter or an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected. In addition, the prospective winner of the Grand Prize Drawing will be required to sign a background check authorization form and return same, properly executed, within the time period specified in the notification letter.
6. Conditions of Entry: Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If in the Sponsor’s opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Promotion, or if computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify, suspend, or terminate the Promotion, or to conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. Should the Promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Website. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
Grand Prize: The Grand Prize Winner will win the following (the “Grand Prize”): a trip for two (2) to a to-be-determined shoot location, consisting of: (i) round-trip coach class airfare for Grand Prize Winner and one (1) guest to and from the shoot location from the major U.S. airport nearest Grand Prize Winner’s residence within the 48 contiguous U.S.; (ii) three (3) days/two (2) nights hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy, room rate and tax only) (details to be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion); (iii) access to the set of the shoot location, (iv) airport transfers to/from the airport; and (v) $500 spending money. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize: $2,840.
Weekly Prizes: Each Weekly Prize Winner will win their choice of one (1) of the following (the “Weekly Prize”): (i) a personalized voicemail from Joe Kenda; (ii) a prize pack of Homicide Hunter merchandise (details determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion); or (iii) a $100 gift card. ARV of each Weekly Prize: up to $120. ARV of all Weekly Prizes: up to $2,040.
ARV of all prizes: $4,880.
The specifics of all aforementioned elements of the prizes in the Promotion shall be solely determined by Sponsor. All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of any prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the respective winner. All federal, state and local taxes on prizes are the prize winner’s responsibility. Grand Prize Winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the actual value of the Grand Prize.
Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine shoot location, airline, flight itinerary and other trip details in its sole discretion. Grand Prize Winner will not receive difference between actual and ARV. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Promotion, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All travel must be completed by February 28, 2020, and must be arranged with Sponsor a minimum of thirty (30) days in advance, and is subject to availability and Sponsor’s approval. If Grand Prize Winner is unable to fulfill Grand Prize during time period, Grand Prize Winner forfeits the Grand Prize in its entirety and an alternate winner may be selected. All travel dates will be determined by the Sponsor, and once made may not be altered except by Sponsor. Some restrictions may apply. Meals and beverages, incidentals, tips, telephone calls, or any other personal expenses incurred during the trip are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. All other expenses not specifically identified as included in the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. Grand Prize Winner and guest are responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that the Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Grand Prize Winner and guest must travel the same itinerary and on the dates and/or times specified by Sponsor or Grand prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Once the guest is selected, they may not be substituted, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. If Grand Prize Winner is not legally eligible for travel to the destination, the Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate winner may be selected. The guest of Grand Prize Winner must be legal U.S. residents at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older, unless accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian, and must sign a Liability and Publicity Release. If Grand Prize Winner’s guest fails to return such documents within date and/or time indicated within such documents, then the Grand Prize Winner may forfeit the right to the guest.
At all times when the Grand Prize Winner and guest are on the set of the shoot location, the they will be subject to the instructions, directives, and schedules dictated by Sponsor and its agents; non-compliance with such instructions, directives and schedules may result in disqualification and cancellation of all Grand Prize elements relating to the visit to the shoot location.
Grand Prize cannot be transferred, substituted, or redeemed for cash except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize, or portions thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value.
8. Disputes/Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant or the Promotion Entities in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application or the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland. Any action or litigation concerning this Agreement shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in Montgomery County, Maryland, and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. You agree to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of Maryland. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, IDENTIFIABLE PERSONS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTICIPANTS, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
9. Winner List: Beginning on or about March 6, 2019, you may obtain the names of the prize winners by going to the Website.
10. Sponsor: Discovery, Inc., One Discovery Place, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910.
11. Administrator: Promotion Mechanics, Inc., 87 S Main St # 2, Newtown, Connecticut 06470.